Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

We've gone too far in the [GIANT BOMB] thread

13567104

Posts

  • timspork's ghosttimspork's ghost Master Librarian and Ghostbuster Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    You know what the best pirate music is?

    timspork's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    SirEtchwarts
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Can't say i'm surprised

    never seemed like a big thing and they were asking for hella dollars

    SYhhzZG.jpg?2?8605
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I mean, Mutant League Football sounds neat and all.

    But Blood Bowl is sitting right there.

    My life only has so much room for crazy fantastic football games.

  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    If that AC3 trailer was accurate, then the moment Conner was seen by one of those redcoats, every of them would have descended upon him like wasps on jam and any time he tried that running fighting shit they'd have fucked him up right proper.

    Then after he'd beaten all 20 of them, the actual assassination would have just been another fight, but the guy blocks a bit more.

    Aaargh the actual assassination that trailer is based upon is probably the worst one in the entire series. It's AC's 'pull down the star destroyer' sequence.

  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    So you can sing sea shanties in black flag? Hoping for anachronistic ones.

  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    So you can sing sea shanties in black flag? Hoping for anachronistic ones.

    SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
    MAAADE TO WAVE THE FLAG
    OOH THAT RED WHITE AND BLUE

    ChincymcchillaTubularLuggagemiscellaneousinsanityMs DapperOlivawBucketman
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    So you can sing sea shanties in black flag? Hoping for anachronistic ones.

    SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
    MAAADE TO WAVE THE FLAG
    OOH THAT RED WHITE AND BLUE

    I was thinking Rammstein - reise reise

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    So you can sing sea shanties in black flag? Hoping for anachronistic ones.

    SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
    MAAADE TO WAVE THE FLAG
    OOH THAT RED WHITE AND BLUE

    I was thinking Rammstein - reise reise

    Hmm

    CCR or Rammstein

    Truly a pickle

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    So you can sing sea shanties in black flag? Hoping for anachronistic ones.

    SOME FOLKS ARE BORN
    MAAADE TO WAVE THE FLAG
    OOH THAT RED WHITE AND BLUE

    I was thinking Rammstein - reise reise

    Hmm

    CCR or Rammstein

    Truly a pickle

    Wait why choose? Put in both

  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    If I knew there was a Mutant Football League Kickstarter I would have spent my life savings on lottery tickets to fund it.

    Their loss.

  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Speaking of kick starters cyan worlds made one today asking for 1.1 million to make a myst type game called obduction in unreal engine 4

    SYhhzZG.jpg?2?8605
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    2d929e27c2b2cb43c50c81a9c7cfee7c.jpg?v=261000

    gimme one of these

    6F32U1X.png
    masterofmetroidMs DapperSpeed RacerOlivawTrippyJing
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    how much and give it to me

  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts KABOOM Splooooosh...Registered User regular
    Of all the things that make sense with seeing clips from a game about pirates in the 1600s

    Drake

    Pirate...history...senses...tingling...

    MustholditinBRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHHHH the game actually takes place in the 1700s because that's when the "golden age of pirates" came about from 1715 to 1725 and it's based on a variety of factors it's really quite fascinating

    Okay, that was it, sorry. I tried my best.

    Crippl3
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I would give almost anything for a Share button on my PS3 right now. The world needs to know about Beyond.

    I would pay top dollar for a VinnyJeff ER of this game.

  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I would give almost anything for a Share button on my PS3 right now. The world needs to know about Beyond.

    I would pay top dollar for a VinnyJeff ER of this game.

    how far in are you

  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I would give almost anything for a Share button on my PS3 right now. The world needs to know about Beyond.

    I would pay top dollar for a VinnyJeff ER of this game.

    how far in are you
    It's TUESDAY just had her baby.

  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    2d929e27c2b2cb43c50c81a9c7cfee7c.jpg?v=261000

    gimme one of these

    I don't care how much, I need one

    Bucketman
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Ooh, I bet I can find those in Japan! Wish they would have made them before TGS, would have grabbed one for sure!

  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    Man. How much to get one of those for my wife.

  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I just finished Beyond. I need at least a day to condense all the batshit.

    Super pretty to watch, but man, I don't know.

  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I would give almost anything for a Share button on my PS3 right now. The world needs to know about Beyond.

    I would pay top dollar for a VinnyJeff ER of this game.

    how far in are you
    It's TUESDAY just had her baby.
    I think the Homeless section and one other section later are the best parts of the game

  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I just finished Beyond. I need at least a day to condense all the batshit.

    Super pretty to watch, but man, I don't know.

    so

    what was the stupid fucking plot logic in the aftermath of Somalia

  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    guys anachronox is out on steam!

    that game is really cool

    25Mj5br.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    YaYa wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    I just finished Beyond. I need at least a day to condense all the batshit.

    Super pretty to watch, but man, I don't know.

    so

    what was the stupid fucking plot logic in the aftermath of Somalia

    Let me count the stupid plot logics...
    1.) Magic white woman heals injured African child

    2.) African child then helps you slaughter dozens of...

    3.) His fathers soldiers?

    4.) Because his father is really the president of Somalia?...WTF?

    5.) And being the stupidest fucking CIA agent ever, you assasinate him before even realizing who he is. Way to keep up on foreign affairs or even read a briefing docket, you dolt. How do you not know that? It's the fucking CIA. What were you even studying in that 20 minute training montage?

    6.) Not to mention before that occurs you magically leap from an exploding truck with said child. How the hell did that happen?

    7.) Oh and then afterwards you learn that you're terrible at your job, so you jump out of a fucking helicopter.

    8.) And then the evil American general gives the perfect muahaha speech.

    And don't even get me started on Ellen Page crying in this game. I swear she got paid by the tear. Every fifteen minutes she'd start bawling again.

    After all that I probably missed what you were referencing, but Jesus Christ, my head. It hurts.

    Maximum on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    I just finished Beyond. I need at least a day to condense all the batshit.

    Super pretty to watch, but man, I don't know.

    so

    what was the stupid fucking plot logic in the aftermath of Somalia

    Let me count the stupid plot logics...
    1.) Magic white woman heals injured African child

    2.) African child then helps you slaughter dozens of...

    3.) His fathers soldiers?

    4.) Because his father is really the president of Somalia?...WTF?

    5.) And being the stupidest fucking CIA agent ever, you assasinate him before even realizing who he is. Way to keep up on foreign affairs or even read a briefing docket, you dolt. How do you not know that? It's the fucking CIA. What were you even studying in that 20 minute training montage?

    6.) Not to mention before that occurs you magically leap from an exploding truck with said child. How the hell did that happen?

    7.) Oh and then afterwards you learn that your terrible at your job, so you jump out of a fucking helicopter.

    8.) And then the evil American general gives the perfect muahaha speech.

    And don't even get me started on Ellen Page crying in this game. I swear she got paid by the tear. Every fifteen minutes she'd start bawling again.

    After all that I probably missed what you were referencing, but Jesus Christ, my head. It hurts.
    bolded is the problem I had

    also his father was the dude you possessed, not the president

    but yeah, number 5 was what pushed me over the edge

  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts KABOOM Splooooosh...Registered User regular
    The Somalian chapter makes me think that David Cage once read about plot twists in a book this one time

    StiltsMaximumMs DapperYaYaOlivawTubularLuggageThatDudeOverThere
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The Somalian chapter makes me think that David Cage once read about plot twists in a book this one time

    It's almost as dumb as the plot twist in Heavy Rain.

    Maybe on equal level, actually.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    I just finished Beyond. I need at least a day to condense all the batshit.

    Super pretty to watch, but man, I don't know.

    so

    what was the stupid fucking plot logic in the aftermath of Somalia

    Let me count the stupid plot logics...
    1.) Magic white woman heals injured African child

    2.) African child then helps you slaughter dozens of...

    3.) His fathers soldiers?

    4.) Because his father is really the president of Somalia?...WTF?

    5.) And being the stupidest fucking CIA agent ever, you assasinate him before even realizing who he is. Way to keep up on foreign affairs or even read a briefing docket, you dolt. How do you not know that? It's the fucking CIA. What were you even studying in that 20 minute training montage?

    6.) Not to mention before that occurs you magically leap from an exploding truck with said child. How the hell did that happen?

    7.) Oh and then afterwards you learn that your terrible at your job, so you jump out of a fucking helicopter.

    8.) And then the evil American general gives the perfect muahaha speech.

    And don't even get me started on Ellen Page crying in this game. I swear she got paid by the tear. Every fifteen minutes she'd start bawling again.

    After all that I probably missed what you were referencing, but Jesus Christ, my head. It hurts.
    bolded is the problem I had

    also his father was the dude you possessed, not the president

    but yeah, number 5 was what pushed me over the edge

    See, I just assumed it was what I wrote because David Cage.

  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    I watched a LP of Heavy Rain recently, and I was kind of on board with it in the same way I am with Deadly Premonition, until that twist.

    tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    Deadly Premonition's twist was far more reasonable than Heavy Rain's.

    Ms DappermasterofmetroidOlivawSCREECH OF THE FARG
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    with a little more work the heavy rain twist could've been just fine

    but as-is it's dumb and awful and dumb

    StiltsmasterofmetroidLangly
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Registered User regular
    I've seen Deadly Premonition so many times, I don't even remember what was the twist. It's like, 90% twist!

  • SirEtchwartsSirEtchwarts KABOOM Splooooosh...Registered User regular
    Deadly Premonition seems like it's an endearing kind of silly

    David Cage is completely self-serious silly and all the while he's being lauded as a "visionary"

  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Oh god, why hadn't I heard of Breaking Madden before. This stuff is incredible. Clarence BEEFTANK for NFL MVP 2013

    I am crying

    One Thousand Cablesturtleant
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I've seen Deadly Premonition so many times, I don't even remember what was the twist. It's like, 90% twist!
    Forrest Kaysen is the one behind it all was the 'big' one for me

  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I've seen Deadly Premonition so many times, I don't even remember what was the twist. It's like, 90% twist!
    Forrest Kaysen is the one behind it all was the 'big' one for me
    For me it was the York/Zach reveal.

    tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    David Cage and Metzen should get together and write a game.

    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Huntera
This discussion has been closed.