Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

195969798100

Posts

  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Chase Maverick Breaker Eagle (Recon +1)(Break +1)

    Maybe? Chase responds, ducking to make sure he's out of the way of Jaguar's blade.

    Caulk Bite 6
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    *sigh*

    With rolls like this, I'll end up as just a head and spinal cord in a cyborg body within the next three updates.

    Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Tommy2HandsDux
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    But isn't that what you wanted?

    Caulk Bite 6StiltsTommy2HandsDuke 2.0
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    And for my next move;


    Minus the getting punched in the face part hopefully.

    Rámon Gabrielle Kanagawa Titanium Flea (Crazy Legs +2)

    "Ey ey mister cocky cock. Who the fuck made you our fuckin' tactics guy." he asks Chase.

    The 5'5" Titanium Flea crack his neck as he walk towards the Freight Train. "Flea doesn't need some pretty boy telling him to take out the big mother fucker," Nanites read Rámon's thoughts and are alreadly calculating trajectories. "Flea been taking out big motherfuckers since he was born." As The jaguar and the egale attack, Rámon's legs propel him past the Freight train into a wall, in then into another wall, and then at the ground behind the hulking tower of a man. Titanum flea rolls into a ball and flips across the ground coming to rest on his back, squarely between Freight Train's legs where he proceedes to kick this obstacle that is wearing the FreightTrain's name,
    geth roll 3d9
    times in the the balls.

    HOLD all successes
    geth roll
    1d4-1d4+2



    3d9 11 [3d9=5, 2, 4]

    Speed Racer
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    524 times in the balls

    HOLD all successes
    Also fuck Geth roll 1d4-1d4+2

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    damnit
    Geth roll 1d4-1d4

    1d4-1d4 2 [1d4=4] [1d4=2]

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    So like that, + 2 = 4 held successes?
    edit:
    but wait his negative -2 plus -1 for being spotted mean only one held success?

    NeoToma on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Chase Maverick Breaker Eagle (Recon +1)(Break +1)
    Chase was a little hurt by Flea's dismissal, but he couldn't argue with the man's assessment of his looks.

    He was pretty.

    So very, very pretty.

    NeoTomaMacGuffinTommy2HandsDuxKilroy
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions! +1) (Non-newtonion +1)
    Fink follows Grizzly, ever so often glancing back and making sure Albatross is still there. "I've got to agree with the big guy. If this is some kind of trap, ve're already in it."
    "Ich muss mich beruhigen. Wir könnnen nicht noch eine Panikattacke gebrauchen" he mutters to himself. "Play Chopins Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2"
    Calming himself Fink waits for the nano machines in his ear to comply and start the music.

  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Wait, I'm confused.

    We need to get 5 total successes to take Freight Train out.

    DE?AD played two pairs to get 2 successes, and then I played 1 pair to get 1.

    But now Neo is holding all his successes, so...was all that pointless?

    IKknkhU.gif
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Yeah, Neo should probably not Hold a couple of those.

  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I am...starting to not care for how all-or-nothing this system seems to be.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    oh. Ohhhhhhhhh.
    (I'll give my two successes to team take down freight)

  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    I am...starting to not care for how all-or-nothing this system seems to be.

    There are things that would certainly help.

    It's our first battle, which means we have nothing Held.

    We aren't doing great on the teamwork thing.

    We could also be weakening the enemies, to lower their ranks, or trying to work around their specialties (as they, like all concepts, only apply in certain situations).

  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Jian Lévesque Brawling Mantis (CQC Expert +1) (Hexnocular Vision +1)

    By the time Atlas and the others have reached the graveyard, Mantis is already there, crouched and examining the smooth surface of one of the headstones.

    "Mousetraps only catch on one side. Perhaps our misplacement is an advantage", he mumbles as they approach, nanites having transmitted their conversation, "However, advantage is most likely temporary"

    A gloved thumb rolls some surface dirt in his palm. Two sets of eyes analyze the ground in front of one of the headstones while the other set of four studies the stone itself.

    "No name. Who are you?"

    The hand relaxes, dry grave-dirt running between Jian's fingers as the howling spectre of wind takes the pieces of earth into it's breeze.

    "I want to see you"

    All irises focus downward as the hand goes up, fingers tensed into a icepick-like point. The wind crackles around it- the hand, in a flash, dives down, into the earth covering the grave.

    At the furthest extension of his arm, Brawling Mantis' hand outstretches it's fingers and reaches for something solid to grab and tug, hard, out of the resting place.

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    hopefully this is a shallow grave and/or loose dirt

    Cdcniho.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Bashe Octavia Sage-Salvador Quiet Viper (CQB Master +1) (Stealth +1)

    "Pretty good," Bashe repeats under her breath. She's smirking. It's always nice to get recognition for your skills, even if it's by a supposedly dead, veteran Ex-TIGERSHARK member. Something seems a bit off about this mission, though. More than just the rocky start.

    She retreats back into the shadows, going prone and sneaking through the shrubbery to a spot near Spotlight.

    The viper waits patiently for the right moment to strike.

    Which presents itself once Recurve Salamander looses his arrow. She shoots forward, kicking out one of Spotlight's legs, locking her arms behind her back and pushing her face into the trajectory of the arrow.

    Once the arrow's made contact, Viper spins around, using the force of her entire body to smash Spotlight against a tree before throwing her hard against the ground. Should be enough to knock her out.

    Geth roll 1d4-1d4+1

    1d4-1d4+1 3 [1d4=4] [1d4=2]

  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Everyone go home.

    Bashe got this.

    Dux on
    Caulk Bite 6
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Fuck your superpowers.

    Speed Racer
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah, thinking about it, I might rework salamander

    Its the same problem I had with Dean eventually, all your fight posts end up being "I aim and shoot the guy"

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    This is a frog.

    Can you say, "frog?"

    Frog. Frog. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh-rog. Fuh-rog. Frog. Frog.

    Very good.

    Continuing from our previous lesson, consider the word, "fat." Can you say "fat?" Fat. Fat. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh-at. Fuh-at. Very good. If we add the letter E onto the end of the word, then the A in "fat" says its name! So now, the word is pronounced, "fate." Fate. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh. Fuh-ate. Fuh-ate. Very good. The E is silent, but as you can see, just be being applied to the end, it has changed the whole word.


    Intercepted communication between Master Node JK and Master Node WIH:
    
    JK: hyena
    
    JK: god DAMMIT hyena answer me
    
    JK: what the fuck kind of game are you playing here
    
    JK: you son of a bitch
    
    JK: god dammit answer me
    
    JK: FUCK
    
    //End of Transmission
    

    <netEpsilon.InfiltrationTeam>{

    Breaker Eagle leaps from the earth, merging his ankles with Buffalo before violently unmerging them. Both soldiers are sent flying away from one another, their bones from the shins down completely shattered. [Breaker Eagle gains Shattered Feet-1] As Freight-Train Buffalo tumbles back, Blade Jaguar leaps in to help him to the ground with a powerful thrust of her sheath into his neck. He gasps in pain, before Titanium Flea does a god damn riverdance on his dick. Looks like this train... has left the station. [Freight-Train Buffalo defeated!]

    Undeterred by how easily Tripwire Tarantula managed to shrug him off, Salamander fires a claw-coated arrow at Spotlight Mosquito-2. The shot's clearly going wide, until Quiet Viper intercedes to perform a little course-correction. Spotlight moans as her eyes are plastered in putty, and there's a sickening sound of breaking glass as Viper slams her head into a tree. Mosquito falls to the ground, sprawled out, buzzing quietly. [Spotlight Mosquito defeated!]
    };

    <netEpsilon.DistractionTeam>{

    Mantis rams his fist through the soil. It's soft, and gives way far easier than he expected it to. He needs only to punch through about 6 inches of dirt before his fist feels open air, and then only a few inches more before he's cut by some kind of blade. His finger burns as the nanites work to reconstruct his lost fingertip.

    "Nanites, stimulating the sensory centers of the brain, to generate a vision of a peaceful village," a voice speaks out from nowhere. "A bunker located safely beneath my compound, where the people of Yavisa can live freely and happily without exploitation of those stronger than them. No radiation poisoning, no bloodthirsty drug-runners. A simple, humble paradise where hard work is rewarded with community and sunshine." A man steps out from behind the gates of the cemetery. "Naturally, bodies of the dead will be reduced to base components and recycled to generate the simulated food, to aid in the commune's self-sufficiency." He's an old man, wearing a velvet houserobe and pajams. A copper wire runs from under his left eyelid to his nostril. He smokes a pipe and regards the Distraction Team thoughtfully.

    "Gentleman. Welcome to my Utopia."
    }

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the hardest part of these is coming up with vaguely relevant words for the "pronunciation lessons"

    Tommy2Hands
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I'm down in the dumpy dumps today so I don't know if Dust will update today

    Who knows maybe it will my mood swings are weird

    Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm down in the dumpy dumps today so I don't know if Dust will update today

    Who knows maybe it will my wood swings are weird

    an excellent typo

    Caulk Bite 6
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I will never understand the iPhone auto correct

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    the hardest part of these is coming up with vaguely relevant words for the "pronunciation lessons"

    Can't wait for the X portion.

    Can you say Xylophon? No of course you can't.

    Speed RacerCaulk Bite 6
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I love kicking dudes, I'm so glad I choose this superpower
    I don't even care how limited it's scope may be

  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions! +1) (Non-newtonion +1)
    Fink regards the old man with curiosity. Was he maybe just another illusion?
    "I suppose Shakespeare was right zen. All ze world's a stage. Say what's your part in zis play?"

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I love kicking dudes, I'm so glad I choose this superpower
    I don't even care how limited it's scope may be

    if everyone ever tries to tell you that kicking can't solve all your problems

    see if they still think that after you kick them

  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Watcher Albatross (panoptic visor +2)

    Utopia.
    From the Greek οὐ τόπος: no place.
    Nowhere. That's where I am.


    At the old man's last word, Albatross suddenly calms. His eyes clear, his erratic movements cease, and he stands up fully straight for the first time since the mission began.

    "You are Purvis Mayfield," he says to the old man, his voice completely flat once more. It is a statement, not a question.

    Tommy2Hands
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Dan Bixel Concussive Salamander (Salamander Combat+1) (Recon+1)

    This will be much more fun

    Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    So my drive to update is severely impeded by the fact that my computer seems to basically be dying.

    It has begun freezing up at random and quite frequently and when I try to write an update I tend to lose all moment I had going once it happens.

    Gonna try to sort this out. Expect an update tomorrow regardless.

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    For what it's worth dux I was having the exact same problem earlier this week. Restoring my computer to before the first time it froze up and updating my drivers seemed to fix it

  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to just update all drivers

    Because man going through one by one would be a pain

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    well thanks for not taking one of my arms, speed

    is this asshole standing near us anywhere?

    I vant to punch faces


    e: ah, behind the gate. I need to learn to read better when I'm excited about something. like punching faces.

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    also for the record kilroy, I really really like what you're doing with your character

    Mantis, however, just ain't got no time for his shit

    perhaps they could bond through a mutal interest in inhuman facades, though

    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    He is close enough to run up and punch

    Tommy2Hands
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Also your mishap with the corpse grinder highlights a relevant point

    Assuming your nanites are working, wounds that you receive will heal outside of combat, regardless of severity

    Tommy2Hands
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Jian Lévesque Brawling Mantis (CQC Expert +1) (Hexnocular Vision +1)

    The hand jumps back out of the dirt to it's owner, instinct driving him to bring the fingertips to his lips half a second before remembering himself. Mantis' rebreather growls softly. He stands to his full, thin height and inspects the old man with all eyes as he speaks. The fingertips poking through his torn up glove tense and relax slowly as Jian considers his options. He stretches his legs a bit as the others speak.

    "Sorry,"

    Throwing himself forward, he hastily starts to rush the old man, dashing across the cemetery and through his compatriots with a professionally balled fist already wound up behind him.

    "Not Sorry"

    Upon nearing Mayfield, Brawling Mantis thrusts the fist out into a calculated overhead strike, intended to connect right where the stupid copper wire meets his stupid nostril. Six eyes focus in on the point with a terrible intensity.


    e: wait, is too close to smash with a running haymaker

    also what would i roll for this

    to be absolutely honest I am still sort of struggling to understand how pairs and holds and stuff work in Balance, probably mostly because I am just having trouble conceptualizing it, if that makes sense

    e2: also also, I think it's worth mentioning that both I and Mantis completely expect this to be a hologram or a bag of toxic nanites or a clone with a bomb in his face or something

    but dammit, he's going to try to smash face anyway


    Tommy2Hands on
    Cdcniho.jpg
This discussion has been closed.