Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Glossolalia] Silver\Vignette (Everybody Join In)

1959799100101

Posts

  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    hmm that didn't work right..

    Geth roll 1d4
    Geth roll 1d4

    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Watcher Albatross (panoptic visor +2)

    Albatross pushes himself up off the ground and gives his head a little shake to clear away the haze of... whatever it is that happened. But the shaking comes to an abrupt end when he realizes the familiar weight on his face is gone. His hands fly up to his eyes in horror, as a quick glance around reveals the truth.

    It's lost

    I'm lost
    We're lost
    Where are we

    Where is it

    Lost
    Where are we
    Where are we

    "WHERE ARE WE?"

    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

    At Watcher Albatross' outburst, Atlas holds up a finger and says "You will excuse me, a moment." He abruptly turns away from the woman and moves to beside his teammate. With one giant hand gently locking the back of the man's head and neck into place, he slowly but firmly taps Watcher's mouth closed with the thumb and forefinger of his other hand. He leans in close and whispers "We. Are shutting up and remaining calm until... We have assessed the altered parameters of the mission. If this cannot be done, We will have a problem."

    He looks hard into the man's eyes. "You are understanding my words, and their meanings?"

    jnij103vqi2i.png
    Tommy2Hands
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I think I'm liking picking Unsubtle as a concept.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    You know.

    If there's one thing I'm happy about in regards to my Machinations character, it's the name. I am pleased as peaches with that name.

  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    @Tommy2Hands and @Caulk Bite 6

    i fucked up my playthrough of MGS2, and long story short I'm gonna just stream myself playing the game with the cutscenes

    you should youtube through MGS1 or something and get caught up so you can watch along with the stream!

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Aileron Nuvision, Mastery
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {Sneaky; Spry;Sharpshooting; Salaryman; Biomod: Sonar;}


    "Right. My turn now, I guess." Aileron mutters to himself as he watches Jin get through the bouncer.

    [Tap Nuvision, Salaryman]

    "Now here," Aileron announces, walking up to the bouncer, "Here is a man who looks like he enjoys a good bio-mod."

    "My name is Aileron, dead-drop representative of the NuVision corporation. And I am here today to give you and your boss a look at the bright new future of biomods. And between you and me, that future contains a whole lot of pussy.
    Because we've got whiskers, twitching tails, retractable claws, Purrfect© vocal mods and even nightvision cat's eyes or full fur hair mods should you want the more complete experience."

    "But you my friend, you look like the more discerning type. You're a well-tuned Goliath of a man. For you, we have other options. There's always the tune-up sessions. They're pretty popular, among men of your stature. All you need do is visit us once or twice a month, and we'll make sure that those muscles of yours are in pristine condition by the time you leave. Or, if that sounds like too much commitment at this stage, we have a wide range of alternative stylings, not the least of which is psychoactive pigmentation, for those of us who might prefer a clan ink to be a little less permanent and a bit more animated."

    "I have some more samples on me if you prefer," as Aileron pulls out one of his many catalogs he's compelled to wear underneath his clothes (rather gaudily entitled "So you managed to kill our clone and not get vaporised!"), "but I do have some business I wish to attend to with your proprietor, so if you would see fit to let me in, we could see about getting you a share in the deal".

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
    MacGuffinDux
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Aileron Nuvision, Mastery
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {Sneaky; Spry;Sharpshooting; Salaryman; Biomod: Sonar;}


    "Right. My turn now, I guess." Aileron mutters to himself as he watches Jin get through the bouncer.

    [Tap Nuvision, Salaryman]

    "Now here," Aileron announces, walking up to the bouncer, "Here is a man who looks like he enjoys a good bio-mod."

    "My name is Aileron, dead-drop representative of the NuVision corporation. And I am here today to give you and your boss a look at the bright new future of biomods. And between you and me, that future contains a whole lot of pussy.
    Because we've got whiskers, twitching tails, retractable claws, Purrfect© vocal mods and even nightvision cat's eyes or full fur hair mods should you want the more complete experience."

    "But you my friend, you look like the more discerning type. You're a well-tuned Goliath of a man. For you, we have other options. There's always the tune-up sessions. They're pretty popular, among men of your stature. All you need do is visit us once or twice a month, and we'll make sure that those muscles of yours are in pristine condition by the time you leave. Or, if that sounds like too much commitment at this stage, we have a wide range of alternative stylings, not the least of which is psychoactive pigmentation, for those of us who might prefer a clan ink to be a little less permanent and a bit more animated."

    "I have some more samples on me if you prefer," as Aileron pulls out one of his many catalogs he's compelled to wear underneath his clothes (rather gaudily entitled "So you managed to kill our clone and not get vaporised!"), "but I do have some business I wish to attend to with your proprietor, so if you would see fit to let me in, we could see about getting you a share in the deal".

    Okay this is absolutely great, but I have to mention that you should make note of how many points you wanna spend on this action. Tapping motivations restores spent blocks. If you don't know how many would be required, just tell me to take what's necessary.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I have no idea how many blocks this would take so just take what's necessary to get in the door.

    ...
    I also apparently have no idea how many blocks I should have, so I edited it back from 11 down to the correct 10.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Oh hey! A knife!
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Maximilian Fink Dynamite Raven (Explosions! +1) (Non-newtonion +1)

    A hand grips the tree-like arm of Atlas. Fink looks tiny standing next to this giant of a man. "I zhink he understands."
    "Albatross listen to me. Ve can get your eyes back, but you need to calm down first. Can you do zhat for me?"
    His eyes shifted from Albatross up to the man holding him.
    "Ve need to contact ze others and mission control. Get back up equipment. But first ve need to find out where we are. Visual conformation maybe. Do you recognize something?"
    He let go of Atlas and started to look around.

    Scheiße.
    This isn't good. This isn't good at all.

    Tommy2Hands
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Atlas America aka Minigun Grizzly (Unsubtle +1) (Tough Bastard +1)

    He holds for a moment, then backs off.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh, yeah, I totally forgot.

    @Dux Jin will tap "Fame" for his action.

    IKknkhU.gif
    Dux
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Just had a look around, and I do indeed have the old ps1 metal gear.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust update coming today

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    It works like this: Geth roll 1d4-1d4

    Also, for @Speed Racer a little trick on how Silver II works - it still goes by the rule of "the success of enemies is the same as player failure." Rolls are only ever triggered by player actions. Positive and Negative are always from the players' perspective, which is why the Narrator can Hold negatives.

    When you want something to affect a roll (i.e. a particularly strong enemy or difficult obstacle, a cloud of disorienting nanomachines, etc.) you can just tag it with a rank. I.E. the yetis coming up in Silver will be yeti-1 because they are scary and big.

  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Apparently that didn't work?

    Geth roll 1d4-1d4

    There we go.

    1d4-1d4 -2 [1d4=2] [1d4=4]

    DE?AD on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    wait

    ohhhhhhhhhhhhh you SUBTRACT the negative die from the positive die

    that makes way more sense

    i was thinking that you just rolled both dice and every action had both a positive and a negative outcome

    NeoToma
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Nope - pairs cancel each other out, though you can choose to "play" pairs if you're willing to take hits to get what you want.

  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Gabriel Thurston Survival, Guilt, Justice
    ▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥▥
    main {Streetspeak, Marksman, Perceptive}

    Thurston looked at the line and frowned. There was no way that he'd pass as a regular. For a moment he entertained the thought of putting on some whiskers. But this job didn't pay enough for him to do that. He still had his pride.
    He still had some at least.

    But with any luck Kitty doesn't shit where she eats, which would mean he could play another part. And he looked that one too.

    He nudged the heat vent on his right arm slightly to the left giving it that characterisic stutter that too much of the wrong chems gave certain augments and aproached the bouncer,
    not paying any attention at the line that looked angrily at the third guy trying to skip it.

    "Evening big guy.
    Listen some of the Vips called me up. They want a special thrill." The old guy leaned in closer, now whispering. "I've got some stuff that's so new. they didn't even clear it for human testing yet. I mean stuff that really turns your gears." He patted the pocket containing a can of engine oil. "Stuff that makes you see whole new vistas of reality. Haven't seen a man who can take those little fuckers without going down", Thurston procclaimed while shaking his sleep medication at the Nagual.
    "I'll get back to you once I'm done in there. Would love to try some stuff together with a guy who looks like he can take it.
    Oh and don't worry. Your guys will get their share of the profit."

    "Why don't you take some free samples." The old guy added, putting the sleeping pills in the bouncers hand.
    "Knock yourself out, while I'm in there."

    Not sure how much that would be with Streetspeak, just take what's necessary.

    MacGuffin on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    Are three separate people trying to con the bouncer at roughly the same time.

    img]
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    I've played Payday and Payday 2. I know exactly how this kind of mission goes.

    img]
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    We all go home with a big bag of money?

  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    and a body count in the triple digits, yes.

    img]
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Nope - pairs cancel each other out, though you can choose to "play" pairs if you're willing to take hits to get what you want.

    Which is what I did.

    Because I really wanted to electrocute some goddamn yetis.

    Are three separate people trying to con the bouncer at roughly the same time.

    No matter what happens, I did it first.

    So anything bad that happens as a result of too many people trying the same thing is totally not my fault.

    IKknkhU.gif
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Are three separate people trying to con the bouncer at roughly the same time.

    Three separate people from the same van. Hopefully not from within visual or spitting distance of the actual club.

    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    Are three separate people trying to con the bouncer at roughly the same time.

    Three separate people from the same van. Hopefully not from within visual or spitting distance of the actual club.

    We came up with an elevator. I think.

    Best case scenario, we all get in. Worst case, we all try to scam him at the same time.

    NeoTomaCaulk Bite 6
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Swish SwishRegistered User regular
    Yo, @Dux, what would be an appropriate way for a Trait to represent a strong reputation or a maintained information network among a subculture/class/gang etc?

    I'm interested in working towards something along the lines of "x2 when recalling rumors and current events related to the subculture", and having it being due to being a participant and known quantity in said subculture. Is that something the system could reasonably handle, or is that a thing better left to roleplaying stuff out (since it doesn't really seem to fit as a Skill/Augment/Program)?

    img]
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    It's always a van.

    Caulk Bite 6
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Google Docs for Tiny and Balance now up.

  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So it looks like Tiny is Dusts ruleset

    You trying to say sumthin here dead

    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    No?

    I named it Tiny in my first post, on account of it being simplistic mechanically, and also having a very small die. Also, that's why I had it in size 1 text.

  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I like that the googledoc's title for Tiny is HUGE

    jnij103vqi2i.png
    DE?ADNeoTomaBluedude152
  • DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Yo, @Dux, what would be an appropriate way for a Trait to represent a strong reputation or a maintained information network among a subculture/class/gang etc?

    I'm interested in working towards something along the lines of "x2 when recalling rumors and current events related to the subculture", and having it being due to being a participant and known quantity in said subculture. Is that something the system could reasonably handle, or is that a thing better left to roleplaying stuff out (since it doesn't really seem to fit as a Skill/Augment/Program)?

    Maybe something like 'Meme Savvy', with the reason being what you describe. That said it would probably be a skill and in practice entail that you just KNOW. No 2x or anything, you would just have that knowledge.

    I favour just roleplaying it, though. Everyone has different degrees of understanding of cultures and subcultures, especially in the Underworld.

  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Fuck it, while I wait for more people to post in Silver...

    A Van presented in Tiny
    You wake up, groggy. The radio is playing some awful slow jazz, heavy on the flute and soft on any sort of rhythm. Light shines through the towels-turned-curtains that cover the windows. You back hurts, on account of the cramped space, cold metal, and bits of junk strewn about the back.

    You know the others around you. You were going somewhere to do something...

    DE?AD on
    DuxCaulk Bite 6
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    This is a dog.

    Can you say, "dog?"

    Dog. Dog. Duh. Duh. Duh. Duh-og. Duh-og. Dog. Dog.

    Very good.

    Does your family have any Cats or Dogs? What are their names? Do you like Cats better, or Dogs better?


    experiment2(netDelta): Error; experimental results invalid given parameters of experiment2.
    
    Debugging...
    
    Source of error located; Master Node WIH is failing to act in accordance with parameters of experiment2. 
    
    Searching for possible explanation...
    
    Possible explanation found: Nanotransmission between Master Node JK and Master Node WIH:
    
    JK: what the hell are you doing hyena
    
    WIH: ??
    
    JK: dont play dumb. the field.
    
    WIH: Oh.
    
    JK: yeah "oh." these things don't come cheap you know.
    
    WIH: Sorry, sorry. Meant to let you in on it. Small tweak I've made to the program.
    
    JK: tweak??
    
    WIH: The Gammas did some real damage down here. Killed a few of my men.
    
    JK: why the hell didn't you hack their nanites?
    
    WIH: Blake, we're in the middle of a god damn jungle. I shit in a DITCH. Sometimes wireless signals take a while to connect.
    
    JK: so requisition a more powerful transmitter. dont erect an emp field without telling us and let us send our men in to die.
    
    WIH: Isn't that part of the exercise? See how they handle surprises?
    
    JK: goddammit wrought-iron, you know full well how the exercise works.
    
    JK: the surprise is landing on your doorstep and getting captured, not seizin out 50 feet in the air.
    
    WIH: This is a safer method of accomplishing the exact same thing. They survived the fall just fine. Just like always, no one was killed until the rescue attempt.
    
    JK: this is SCIENCE you god damn moron. we need controls. you fuckin about with the formula means this test data is worthless.
    
    WIH: Don't be so melodramatic. As I said, everything else was handled the same as always. It's not like any of the teams ever manage to [i]evade[/i] capture. Why not save my men some effort?
    
    JK: i don't like this. you shoulda told me about it.
    
    WIH: Like I said, I MEANT to. I just forgot.
    
    JK: there's a fuckin' phone cable connectin' your brain to mine you asshole
    
    WIH: "phone cable?" Blake, the Internet has now existed for the majority of your life. Quit showing your age.
    
    JK: god damn you don't change the subject. i dont like this secrecy shit. didnt like it in the cold war and dont like it now.
    
    WIH: Oh for fuck's sake, don't go dragging the Cold War into this. You're being paranoid, Captain Kangaroo!
    
    JK: you
    
    JK: KNOW
    
    JK: i hate that fuckin nickname
    
    WIH: If you don't like it, then earn a promotion already.
    
    WIH: Look, I'm sorry that I didn't get word to you about the field. But this is a safer method for my men, and doesn't do anything to ruin the experiment.
    
    WIH: I'm in charge of the safety of these people, Blake. I'm not backing down on this.
    
    JK: fuckin
    
    JK: fine
    
    JK: ill tell jennifer to modify the program
    
    WIH: Good man!
    
    //Communication Halted
    
    Processing semantic interpretation of Master Node interaction...
    
    Processing Complete. Error results from a failure to update parameters of experiment2. Updating experiment2 parameters to coincide with new behavior of Master Node WIH...
    
    #Engineer's comment: The captain complained about Hyena forgetting to tell him about the field, but then he forgot to tell me to update the code! These senile old men are starting to get on my nerves.#
    
    re-evaluating data for experiment2(netDelta) given new parameters...
    
    experiment2(netDelta): Failure. All nodes were terminated by member nodes of Network Omega. All nodes are failing to report back, however, transmitters for 3 of the nodes did not transmit appropriate termination protocols. Protocols were potentially lost due to disruption from new parameters, or from some other deviation from experiment parameters perpetrated by Master Node WIH that have not yet been documented.
    
    #Engineer's Comment: You know, as long as we're changing the rules mid-game... I think I should talk to the captain about downgrading Mayfield's live capture to a "secondary objective." After all, we have to look out for the safety of OUR people, too, right? ; )#
    

    <netEpsilon.DistractionTeam>{
    The woman backs away in surprise at Albatross' outburst. "S...Sir?" She excuses herself when Grizzly takes him aside and heads down the road.

    The group takes in the village to get a more clear idea of it. It's strange, the village appears to be about the right size for Yaviza, but the layout is all wrong, and the houses all seem... rustic. As if this place was untouched by the outside world sine the 1800s. There's no sign of any Central American jungles, just softly rolling hills that go off into the horizon. In the south, there's a graveyard, and in the northeast, there's a large mansion.
    };

    <netEpsilon.InfiltrationTeam>{

    The group quietly circles around the village to the other side, where the other people are showing on their maps. Their footsteps are completely drowned out by the sound of the rain, and they're able to easily get close enough to look at their company.

    "Freight-Train, you take the west side. Spotlight, you're with me. Remember; anyone you find, give 'em a chance to surrender before killing 'em."

    The large man on the left adjusts the cow-catcher attacked to his left fist. "Right." The tall, gangly one in the middle lets out a croak, like a frog. Before you can get a look at the third one, the one giving the orders, there's a sudden blinding light burning into your eyes. You have to look away.
    };

    COMBAT RULES

    The most important tool in any soldiers' chest is the element of surprise. While Undetected, enemies will have their guards down, and you will be gain a +1 to any attempts to attack. At detection level 1 (?), at least one enemy is aware that you are in the area and is actively searching for you, ruining your surprise advantage. At detection level 2 (!), the enemy has spotted you, and your attack attempts suffer a -1 penalty. At detection level 3 (!!!), the enemy has alerted all of their comrades to your presence. They will converge on your location, and you will suffer a -2 penalty when trying to attack. You should probably try and run and hide if you reach level 3.

    You are currently Undetected.

    Speed Racer on
    Caulk Bite 6
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    Chase Maverick Breaker Eagle (Recon +1)(Break +1)
    "Jaguar and Flea, take the big guy," Chase subvocalizes, hoping his nanites will relay the information. He's really not entirely sure how any of this stuff works. "Viper, Salamander, Dog, take the leader. I'll turn out the lights."

    Breaker Eagle fades his breaker field, letting physics' natural dislike of two objects being in the same place do its thing, ejecting him from the ground and high up into the air. His spins once, for show, and tosses a breaker bolt at the source of the light.


    Go for successful first, then quiet. If possible, dive back into the ground before they can see Chase.

    Geth roll 1d4-1d4

    1d4-1d4 1 [1d4=4] [1d4=3]

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Rámon Gabrielle Kanagawa Titanium Flea (Crazy Legs +2)

    Finally. Some fuckin action. As soon as the light is on Him Rámon is already gone....

    From his vantage point, 1000 feet in the air. (Super jump duh) he looks for the source of the light so he can land on that dude.


  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Fuck I mean,
    Rámon Gabrielle Kanagawa Titanium Flea (Crazy Legs +2)

    As he falls, "Freight train, what a stupid fucking name." he says planting his feet into freight train's chest and sending him flying into a building.

    Geth roll 1d4-1d4

    1d4-1d4 0 [1d4=3] [1d4=3]

  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    So since it equals 0 can I add my +2 on that? So I get 2 good things of my choosing?

  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Eden del Bosque Blade Jaguar (Swords +1) (Stealth +1)

    We were supposed to take him out together, Jaguar sends a direct "whisper" to Flea through their intranet.

    She sprints to intercept Freight Train's trajectory. Then, in one motion, she draws her katana and slices Train's head off, using the man's momentum to help make the cut.

    Try not to make this harder than it needs to be next time.


    Geth roll 1d4-1d4+1

    EDIT: And +1 from (Swords) = 0. Play 1 Cancelled Pair to behead the guard.

    1d4-1d4+1 -1 [1d4=2] [1d4=4]

    Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
This discussion has been closed.