As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Forza] Thread Has Hit A Tire Wall

• CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    If we can't find suitable parts to give Ebo a PI nerf, how bout we just force him to drive with one of your tune's, Eclibull. :D

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    If we can't find suitable parts to give Ebo a PI nerf, how bout we just force him to drive with one of your tune's, Eclibull. :D
    That's just cruel! The CSL has like 70 PI worth of wiggle room iirc.

I uploaded my tune for you, Kestrel, and I went ahead and uploaded my Penny Arcade logos, if you fellows are interested.

Please, call me ebo.
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    First half of the highlights from Week 1 SBC races:
    https://youtu.be/Ofjlu9X0-ik
    This is just from Hockenheim and isn't necessarily in chronological order, since the battles were all overlapping. It's set up with the fight for (after Cow retired) 4th-5th-6th between Arctic, acid and Michel followed by the battle for 3rd between Cows and I and then wraps with the fight for 1st between Knight and ebo. I split it because it was getting long even after cutting a lot of close racing. The Race 2 Monza highlights are saved and just need editing/stitching.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
    ebotasticKestrel1
    Eclibull thanks for making that as always. Ebo, I really like that paint job. Which reminds me that I've been completely remiss in my duties to drive the rainbow car.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    well, at least my suspicion was correct. i was pretty sure kestrel was going right until he snapped left and that's exactly what happened. oh well.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited November 2015
    If anyone was using my tune, I just updated it so you can get on the power coming out of corners without losing grip so easily. The braking should also be a little more stable.

For the life of me I can't get rid of the understeer coming out of corners without making the car horribly unstable in some other way.

CommunistCow on
    Here is the Monza video:
    https://youtu.be/lHLpB6KN8Fo
    It is rather me-focused, but that's largely because the main(/only) good back and forth I could really find was between acid/Arctic/me for 2nd-4th (later just Arctic/me for 3rd after acid got away). If I missed anything, let me know. Still, it highlights some good close racing. Also a great deal of Arctic's Favorite Gravel Pit.

I had a thought, plans for Thursday are assuming we all have functional Xboxes and a working Live server to play on. I had forgotten that NXE is supposed to launch that day. Guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Kestrel1
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    and tonight I'm sure live will be on fire... Launch day, Launch day never changes.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    So, I picked up a new controller yesterday, the Forza 6 LE one in fact, and I was going to come on here and make a joke blaming my controller for my shit driving, but there actually may be some truth to it.

I ended up buying a new controller because my old one developed an issue where if I was jostled in a specific way it would lose connection to the system. This happened regularly when using the play & charge kit and occasionally even on wireless if the rumble pack produced enough vibration. Seems like there was a loose solder or something in there.

Anyway, got the new controller to solve the disconnect issue. However, when I compared the new one to the old one, I noticed the sticks felt WAY different. Turns out, my left stick may have been broken in a way that it a) never truly centered and b) allowed (or at leased sensed) movement in a greater degree in one direction than the other. The fun bit is, it seemed to change. So sometimes it would be 1:1 left to right, but occasionally it would be as bad as 0.5:1 in either direction.

So, here's hoping my controller fixes some problems.

But odds are I'm still a shit driver for the most part :wink:

(Also, my paint job didn't load in Eclibull's videos for some reason :()

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
    ArcticLancer
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    some good sweeping shots of my "wait for me senpai" decal. Also really proud of my speedhunters logo.

edited November 2015
    Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    After what must be at least 9 million credits spent on signature packs, I finally got the back of the pack mod. Dear T10, please never do something this stupid again. It's one thing to make us spend 50 million on Ferraris, but at least you can do something with them and not restrict them to a single-race achievement in single-player ...

Kestrel1
    edited November 2015
    So, people going to show up tonights? Everyone got their Fallout 4 binging out of their system?

CommunistCow on
    I haven't binged yet!

Also, the NXE is over a gig, so it may take a while to download.

Please, call me ebo.
    I've gotta take a pass. I'm on call at work tonight, I'm trying to rewire the ignition in the kid's car, and I've got laundry and dishes out the wazoo.

Plus, I didn't get my afternoon nap ;-) #oldmanproblems

Kestrel1.png
    my mic doesn't work for whatever reason.

can someone explain to me why we didn't nerf ebo? it's just going to be 2 worthless races again.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    edited November 2015
    Can I give myself a 2 pi boost? I removed every part and then did the stage 1 restrictor and added some heavy rims and I can get it no lower than 812.

And I nominate Walrus for a 10+ PI boots.

CommunistCow on
    Can I give myself a 2 pi boost? I removed every part and then did the stage 1 restrictor and added some heavy rims and I can get it no lower than 812.

And I nominate Walrus for a 10+ PI boots.

Sure, I don't see a problem with either of those ideas.

ArcticLancer
    Given that I've done absolutely no tuning since I've made that change I expect to randomly kill myself tonight.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    I know I only raced in one series with you guys, and I was terrible (which wasn't shocking) I can't say how awesome it is to just watch your guys' highlights. Hope you're all doing well!

ArcticLancer
    You're always welcome to come back :D

ArcticLancer
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

I do have F6 (it was the reason I bought an Xbox One about a month ago), but I'm pretty bad. If anything it would just be fun to be social and hang out. I don't see myself seriously competing against you guys. Maybe I'll hop on here soon. I don't have a Gold membership right now, though, so I have to solve that problem first.

I do have F6 (it was the reason I bought an Xbox One about a month ago), but I'm pretty bad. If anything it would just be fun to be social and hang out. I don't see myself seriously competing against you guys. Maybe I'll hop on here soon. I don't have a Gold membership right now, though, so I have to solve that problem first.

there are rumors of a really good sale on gold for black friday, so maybe look out for that.

aeNqQM9.jpg

Join us anyway! As long as you are not actively trying to fuck people up then you are welcome. We all start somewhere.

edited November 2015
    Current Results
    I have the replays from last week, but won't get time to pull any highlights until maybe this weekend. It wasn't as close as week one races (outside of maybe ebo/Arctic/Me on Daytona), so it'd probably be a combined clip roll, maybe even including this week, though Watkins seems like it could be closer.

Now, on the continued subject of PI adjustment/balance: I give up. Listen, I don't think there is a way I can adjust PI to balance things out given the amount of data I can get or the time frame we're working on. I don't think anyone can. I can't know what people are going to change on their car (see my thought that the PI nerf I gave ebo was going to decrease his speed advantage and he took off tires), I can't know how much it's going to effect the outcome, I just can't do it. I can pull people back with power handicaps if there's something obvious (which I'll point out again I suggested MANY series ago, was shouted down by the group at that time, so don't appreciate being shouted at for not doing so before PI adjustments here), but in general PI balance is not something that is reasonable for me to do. So, outside of the power handicap stuff (which is going to be the norm from here on), I'm going to request that everyone do what Cow did. If you feel your car isn't competitive, or even if you feel it's OP, you'll know better than I will how to fix that. I don't mean fix as in "I'm now 2 seconds faster than everyone else", I mean get within the general lap-time of the pack. To assist with that, lap times for this week's races (these are mine, and I lopped off below a second, but they seemed pretty close to the average from last night's practice):
    Watkins Glenn Full - 01:53
    Le Mans La Sarthe - 04:09
    If we want to have balanced races, it's going to take effort from more than just me.

Oh, and Cow, go ahead and throw the race brakes back on. It doesn't seem to effect your car too bad not having them and having them on at least sticks with the Required Parts just for the hell of it.

Anyway, I do have a basic slightly updated OP (just needs our videos and pictures figured, which I'll do after I post it) ready for when we hit 100, FYI.

Bloodsheed on
    Heh, amusingly the standings are pretty close since Ebo basically DNFed himself on the last lap of Daytona.

I'll have to poke at le mans, I think I'm going to be far slower there. Which is fine, I just hate when one person is annihilating everyone else.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Cheer up, Friend! We may not always say it but we appreciate your sacrifice and the work you do keeping the SBC running :D

ebotasticBear is DrivingCommunistCowArcticLancerBloodsheedKnight_
    edited November 2015
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Heh, amusingly the standings are pretty close since Ebo basically DNFed himself on the last lap of Daytona.

I'll have to poke at le mans, I think I'm going to be far slower there. Which is fine, I just hate when one person is annihilating everyone else.

You could follow in my footsteps and remove everything then do the stage 1 restrictor. It makes the procar competitive on Lemans and Watkins. It honestly doesn't effect handling that much.

Edit: I just read what Eclibull wrote asking people to do stuff like that. Sorry for being repetitive.

CommunistCow on
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Also, apologies if you considered my bluntness as any degree of upset. I'm still used to being nerfed into the ground from the old days, and get a bit "srsly?" when I see our newfound attempted mildness. ;P
    But really, I'm happy to bang out ideas with you in that respect if you like. I still have no problem having a HP handicap provided I'm not the only one who does so~

Knight_ wrote: »

You could follow in my footsteps and remove everything then do the stage 1 restrictor. It makes the procar competitive on Lemans and Watkins. It honestly doesn't effect handling that much.

Edit: I just read what Eclibull wrote asking people to do stuff like that. Sorry for being repetitive.

Nah. I'll be fine on Watkins Glen and Le Mans is whatever. I have picked the M3 GT2 car many times on Le Mans. I accept my fate :P

also had to buy a new mic again, so hopefully this one works and it isn't my controller that's busted.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Just wanted to point out that @ebotastic is such a classy person that he gave me a 14-day trial he had laying around. I am beyond words. I will attempt to hop on for the next race and just pick a really slow car and practice whilst being social. I appreciate the open and welcome nature of the thread. Classy people everywhere.

BloodsheedArcticLanceracidlacedpenguinCommunistCowdesc
    Just FYI, I won't be around this week either as I'm prepping the kid's QM car for his race this weekend. I hope to be back next week, bringing up the rear as usual ;-)

Kestrel1.png
    FYI: Forza, both 6 and Horizon 2, are part of Xbox's Black Friday Sale, which starts today for Gold members:
    Forza 6 is $49.79 for Gold members.
    Forza Horizon 2 is $25 for the base game, $35 for Deluxe and $45 for the Ultimate Edition. The Horizon 2 Car Pass is $12.50 by itself.
    They'll also be discounted for non-Gold members next week and the prices for that can be found on the sale site here.

I'll see if I can get results from last night posted later today, otherwise tomorrow. Hope everyone had some fun (though it sounded like Michel had a rough Le Mans).

We're ~7 posts from page 100, so I'll also post the new thread and link it later today as well.

Kestrel1
    Sorry for the delay, weekend got busy, but I did get the results updated for the end of the season:

Congratulations Ebo on your FM6 Season 1 victory!

It was closer than expected! (thank god for Daytona and Watkins for making me look better at balance than I am). 3 points! And Knight/Arctic tied... kicking me off the podium. So close.

I should be on tonight, but my internet is being a butt, so if that doesn't un-butt by then I won't.

Anyway, new thread (of some kind) will be up later today, maybe. I'll edit this post if I get it posted before someone else posts or if it gets locked before I can post a link.

ArcticLancerBear is DrivingebotasticKestrel1
    Thanks wiping out on the ford chicanes acid :D

Amusing that Arctic and I tied given how totally opposite our cars were. I don't think there were two more different vehicles in the series.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    any time, Knight.

ArcticLancer
    So any ideas on the next series, oh glorious leader?
    I need to start making another car *starts scratching arms frantically*

Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Thanks, guys! :biggrin:

So any ideas on the next series, oh glorious leader?
    I need to start making another car *starts scratching arms frantically*
    Station wagons vs. Utes go!

Please, call me ebo.