As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh nice. I should figure out a build to solo it

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Almost as if it was a complete pain and nobody was running it...

I much preferred the solo version because it always took more time to get a group together than actually do the missions.

In other news, anyone want to carry Ante5, Ante6, and Ante7 through the first 2 Freeborn missions? It will be so much fun for you!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Let's see... From the blue 2013 bags, you should get:

bloody police uniform
    bloody biker jacket
    post-surgical abdominal wraps, bloody
    surgical gloves, bloody
    bloody leather cap

Then Jack drops a couple of pumpkinheads (grinning, and grinning bloody). And when you complete all the 2013 missions, you get a yellow Brain Dead t-shirt.

That's cool, I've got all but the jacket and cap already! Maybe I should try running Jack a few more times.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    October Game Director's Letter is up. Yes, it's November. Shhh. http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/game_director_letter_october_2013

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Wow, that letter had some really good looking stuff in there. I especially like that there is a mode for duo when you can't find a full group!

Looks like I picked a good time to come back.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Finished Issue 7 just now

Wow .. that was good. Issue 6 was alright but 7 just blew it out of the water. I prefer to see this game (and recommend it to friends) as a creepy and intriguing action/adventure with some MMO sauce on top rather than the other way around as it's completely unlike any other MMO
    19A936C144417C1C03736476B0FF1DB9A9F53C35

Alegis on
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    Finished Issue 7 just now

Wow .. that was good. Issue 6 was alright but 7 just blew it out of the water. I prefer to see this game (and recommend it to friends) as a creepy and intriguing action/adventure with some MMO sauce on top rather than the other way around as it's completely unlike any other MMO
    19A936C144417C1C03736476B0FF1DB9A9F53C35

The mythological and horror aspects of the game are what drew me in. I really love that kind of stuff.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    @AnteCantelope: Did you get the achievement for the 10k Fata Padurii kills? What build did you use?

• Options
    No, I'm only up to 1000 of them. I use my regular solo build, which at the moment is pistol/shotgun, one health piece, and everything else is dps. I only attack the ones with the fire aura buff, because you can kill them without worrying about the spirits. I can (just) kill them before they use their affliction attack, which helps me run between a bunch of them and kill them faster.

Of course, they're still one of the slower mobs to grind so I haven't bothered too much yet. The build I use for Mama Padurii has two quick and easy hinders, I could use that on regular Padurii and it might speed things up a bit... but mostly I just can't be bothered to grind them for hours at a time so I just kill as many as I can whenever I'm in the area.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    The Dragon mission statements are sometimes/often vague, but some of them I really like:

JJGsSlg.png

Spoiler for size

3tLga5w.png

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Well, I just found a lovely impair exploit. Prisoner of Fate is officially the impair with the least downtime now. Did 18s with that as my only impair. I only missed a single Macroshock in HR.

Edit: Issue 8 signets are +1.5% evade chance, +1.5% damage, and +1.5% healing. So the only particularly interesting one is the DPS one since that applies to everything unlike the +1/2/3% damage signets.

Edit edit: I kind of successfully healtanked Facility. Other guy had to do 5, but I've done it before. Would still like to get my set all the way to .4.4 though.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hm. That's a nice DPS signet indeed.

• Options
    What's the usual healing signets? Or does it not matter because you're only using 1 weapon to heal anyway, so it's worse than a blue

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Spoit wrote: »
    What's the usual healing signets? Or does it not matter because you're only using 1 weapon to heal anyway, so it's worse than a blue
    The healing signets are +1/2/3% Heals (direct?), +1/2/3% barriers, +1/2/3% leech effect (this is additive, to my understanding)

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So yeah, that's a pretty silly healing signet then. Especially since they've usually been somewhere between a blue and purple

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Found this earlier, has a bunch of nice info on 8 and beyond: Here be spoilers!

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Wow, that augment system sounds le cool. I'm tempted to reroll and play again for a bit. I initially got turned off by sitting in Agartha trying to find groups for elite dungeons (and the whole idea of folks only interested in doing nightmare with people who'd...already done nightmare), but merhaps it's time to take another look. I did really enjoy the "leveling" process, and healing dungeons was pretty friggin' exciting.

Can't hurt to try, and if I get hooked again I could always buy the DLC (unless there's some reason a reroll would want a DLC installed?).

• Options
    and the whole idea of folks only interested in doing nightmare with people who'd...already done nightmare
    You were just looking in the wrong place. #noobmares

Also, I'm not really sure I understand the point of rerolling a character in this game...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Some stuff is locked behind DLC, but you can certainly play without it and get them later.

If your other char is stuck on elites, let us know- we're more than happy to help.

• Options
    I heard inklings that Issue 8 comes out tomorrow...

@amnesiasoft: Mind posting your chaos/shotgun build? Trying to help someone out and they're curious about it.

• Options
    That's what the launcher says!

• Options
    @amnesiasoft: Mind posting your chaos/shotgun build? Trying to help someone out and they're curious about it.
    Do you mean the HF impair/debil one or my tank one that's actually not all that great? Or did you mean that DPS build I was doing with chaos/pistol?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Do you mean the HF impair/debil one or my tank one that's actually not all that great? Or did you mean that DPS build I was doing with chaos/pistol?

Tank build. Just to get an idea. He's looking at making one for tanking himself.

• Options
    With the DA/BS change, I need to change it. It wasn't great to begin with, and now without being able to use BS to build a bunch of Debil stacks, it's not really worth even looking at.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just got my first axillary weapon (QB).

That's... a fair number of points to sink into it to do, well, anything with it. Hell, I ain't even done getting my main stuff to 10.

• Options
    Yeah, and augments will cost even more. Try to get into a quarry group if you see one adverting when you're in the agartha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @AnteCantelope: Do you have another blue Breaching by any chance?

• Options
    I've never done any of the raid groups, what's the recommended gear level for those? I'm mostly QL10 Purple with the 10.1 Issue pieces on my tank gear, DPS gear is mostly blue with some purple pieces (and the 10.1 pieces, I took those in attack).

• Options
    I think I might, That time I got that violence I got another one we were talking about, can't remember if it was breaching or lace

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    I've never done any of the raid groups, what's the recommended gear level for those? I'm mostly QL10 Purple with the 10.1 Issue pieces on my tank gear, DPS gear is mostly blue with some purple pieces (and the 10.1 pieces, I took those in attack).

It depends.

With a good group of competent players you could do it in ~QL10 purples. There's a bit of a dps check but you should be fine.

With the pugs you're actually likely to see, you won't get invited unless you have all 10.4.4, and at least one 10.5. And even then you'll probably wipe.

Sorry Maki, I'm all out of spare breachings.
    @Spoit I have no achievements because EU4 is a dick and after setting it to windowed mode one time, nothing will make it enable achievements, not even a complete reinstall.

• Options
    Okay, Issue 8 is available. Everyone has access to Venice right now. Subscribers get early access to the purchased Issue 8 part, which is The Castle, The Franklin Mansion, and Nightmare difficulty for scenarios.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yep. I got all excited and went to watch the first cutscene while getting ready for work this morning.

@Spoit: If you do have a blue one, I'm looking to buy. Lemme know how much.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Everyone has access, but I doubt I can do anything there with my not even QL10 gear. I'm having too much fun playing side missions to try and grind out better equipment.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Okay, Issue 8 is available. Everyone has access to Venice right now. Subscribers get early access to the purchased Issue 8 part, which is The Castle, The Franklin Mansion, and Nightmare difficulty for scenarios.

Is it just Venice access or is other stuff available without issue 8?

• Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Is it just Venice access or is other stuff available without issue 8?

It's all Venice. Scenarios and the Augment system are tied to it.

• Options
    Okay, healtanked my way through Fac MP with @Spoit earlier. Now we have to do it again for @ringswraith.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ...man, why not just wait until I get on so we could all do it in one shot? >.>

• Options
    edited November 2013
    ...man, why not just wait until I get on so we could all do it in one shot? >.>
    More practice! Also because I had two other DPS I could reasonably trust and a Squig, as opposed to having to rely on two filthy pubbies, I only had to rely on one.

There is also an item in the store, Venetian Exemption, that will remove your Scenario lockout timers on use. 5 Vet Points for 5.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tanked NM Slaughterhouse for the first time with a new group just now. Damn .. took quite a while, but sure was intense. I can see why it would be easier as a healtank. Got it nailed now though in the normal way and chaos for the last encounter

I quite like these dungeons on NM, very intense

• Options
    NM SH requires a healtank? Pretty sure that's only for Facility...