As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    SH2 is very heal-tankable. I'm told you can actually do all of SH without a healer at all.

Also, Nightmare mode is definitely how there dungeons were meant to be played.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Doesn't 'require it' (hey, I made it without so anyone can!) but I can see where it would be easier for the second and last encounter (for the last encounter: you need a blood shield for phase 2 during boss mode when the blood gets electrified and cb is good during transitions)

I'm gonna slowly look toward a blood/chaos healtank build

• Options
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

I'm down for working in a group. Probably more a runner though.

And apparently the last 3 lores are inside the scenarios.

EDIT: Okay, read the post wrong. Probably more of a spotter. Gonna try out the suggested builds...

ringswraith on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I saw one lore in the Castle, although I couldn't be bothered trying to figure out how to get it. There's a corridor that's blocked off and I could see it behind the barricade.

So, after doing 3 solo and 2 group scenarios I got a couple of green healing augments, 1 green support and 1 green survival. I also got a big pile of purples, and one blue. I used the timeout remover and did 3 solo, got no augments at all.

Which means I still have no damage augments I can use. Grumpyface.

• Options
    So, the Scenario lores.

Hotel- has to be in NM mode.
    Mansion- elite.
    Castle- normal.

Doesn't matter if solo, duo, or group.

Also, @amnesiasoft: My game crashed. I'm going to bed anyway so... not gonna bother restarting it.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Wow, that's pretty late, even for makitime :P (Just let me know on steam when we're running Fac again)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit, I hope you're planning on picking up this mission pack because damn, it's an awful lot of fun.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Wow, that's pretty late, even for makitime :P (Just let me know on steam when we're running Fac again)

Heh yeah it was. Friday night though and I'm a loser so I don't have a life. :P

• Options
    Completed the issue 8 story mission. Turn in text contained some hex in it.
    complete mental destruction is possible. The machine is important but this glitch is
    Did Illuminati or Templars get something too?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, I watched these people run group nightmare hotel. I don't understand what they're doing that's making it so boring and uneventful?

http://www.twitch.tv/rananar/c/3215376

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just made a solo leech build (with no healing talismans) that made castle elite trivial.

Then NM hotel destroyed me in about 5 minutes. So, I don't know what I'm going to do there. Wait for some more augs I guess!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Apparently the scenarios are balanced such that solo is harder than duo is harder than group. One top of that, group gets better loot. Which seems counterintuitive :/

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The main problem with solo seems to be splitting up to defend multiple points at once

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Got to join Epic Mutiny go through SH NM. Kat (having recently solo-leech-tanked the NY raid) was trying to leechtank the dungeon. Managed everything but SH 6 phase 2 before switching back to healtank.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @amnesiasoft: You didn't miss anything after you left this morning. We tried (and got roflstomped) in Hotel and Castle.

And I'm working on that build you gave me. Tweaked it a little just now, can't wait to try it out later.

• Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    Castle Solo is kinda obnoxious. All them corridors.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    I really hope they're planning to fix sprint. It seems as though as soon as enemies spawn and run towards survivors, it counts as being in combat. I don't see why it would, and it's really annoying, so I'd like them to change it, but who knows if they will.

• Options
    I got that storyline seal, which is redeemable for 1 cutscene and some XP. So... kinda wish I held onto those... marks? I forget what they're called. Or is marks PVP. So many currencies goddamn.

• Options
    Oreos Aureus of Initiation.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So, I tried out my tweaked version of @amnesiasoft 's build last night. Wasn't a great trial- did a normal and an elite.

Seems to work. I always managed to pull hate from my friends, at least. ^^; Need to take it to an NM for a real test, though. Or an elite with Rose.

• Options
    For a second I thought you were talking about the healtank build I've been using in scenarios.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No. Although I'd love to see that build, too. Share it with me later?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I wonder if it's a tech limitation or something, but I would totally drop some points on being able to have a extra Side Mission slot or two.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    logged in again after a hiatus, did an auxiliary weapon quest, got me a rocket launcher dont really know what the hell to do now. When I last played I recall getting po'd with getting my guy ready for nightmare and quit. So I guess I am still in that area..

Last zone was the Carpathian mountains, auxiliary weapons had not been introduced yet and there was a lot more We are Nice Guys online.

Here is my Chronicle page.. tell me what the hell I should do. https://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Darkmayo

The build I have currently is just playing around with some solo AR builds I read online.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I wonder if it's a tech limitation or something, but I would totally drop some points on being able to have a extra Side Mission slot or two.
    It's a design decision to break the "I must take every quest I see" style of play, and I'm okay with that. I'm never finishing my Guild Wars 1 quest log because it is so daunting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Is it too late to ask if we could get together to do some group scenarios, get those achievements hammered out?

• Options
    edited November 2013
    darkmayo wrote: »
    logged in again after a hiatus, did an auxiliary weapon quest, got me a rocket launcher dont really know what the hell to do now. When I last played I recall getting po'd with getting my guy ready for nightmare and quit. So I guess I am still in that area..

Last zone was the Carpathian mountains, auxiliary weapons had not been introduced yet and there was a lot more We are Nice Guys online.

Here is my Chronicle page.. tell me what the hell I should do. https://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Darkmayo

The build I have currently is just playing around with some solo AR builds I read online.

I was in the same boat a while ago, I also still have to finish the story line in Carpathian Fangs, and a lot of quests in carpathian fangs and Shadowy Forest.
    Been 'slowed down' by Finishing issue 6 & 7 first and doing some nightmare runs + event (halloween, filth in agartha) stuff.

Have you used your funcom bonus points yet? You could finish the storyline in carpathian fangs and get issue 7 in the store. Have you unlocked nightmare yet? If not, you could use the LFG tool to get the elite dungeons done.
    For beginner nightmare groups (and possibly elite), join the chat channel #noobmares, helpful folk.

Edit: Looked at your chronicle, I take it you haven't done all the elite dungeons yet or you'd have more blue items :) Check in the Achievement for dungeons which elite dungeons you still have yet to complete and go for those, you need to complete all of them and fight the gatekeeper in order to unlock nightmare mode. If you do Issue 7, you get a purple QL10.1 necklace in the end which will be helpful for gearing (issue 6 gives a head piece, but I found the story of issue 7 much better).
    Edit 2: There's no active guild, but there is a PA chat channel; see the OP

Alegis on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    I just wrapped up the story in the Carpathian Fangs myself. Not sure what my next step should be (or even where to go for auxiliary missions), but I have been hopping back to Solomon Island to explore some of the content I missed out there and play with friends. It makes for a good place to re-acquaint myself with builds so long as I put on appropriate QL gear.

Once I get a passable build together I will actually get that PA chat channel script going and doing something fun with you guys. Are group friendly hybrid-ish builds worth it (i.e. grabbing a group heal, leech, or barriers if you don't plan to main heal), or should I just go all in on a role.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Well you could get one of the issue packs (you received 1200 funcom points after doing 30 missions), best to spend those 1200 on either Issue 6 or 7. 6 is in egypt (SD, maya camp), 7 is in transylvania (begins at the very begin of the zone).

Auxiliary missions: there's one aux weapon in issue 6 (Whip), Issue 7 has flame thrower. Quantum Brace (healer aux weapon) is issue 5 I THINK but I'm not entirely sure.
    The rocket launcher mission you can get in your faction HQ, the chainsaw is at Modern Promotheus in New York (plastic surgeon)

• Options
    Kias wrote: »
    Once I get a passable build together I will actually get that PA chat channel script going and doing something fun with you guys. Are group friendly hybrid-ish builds worth it (i.e. grabbing a group heal, leech, or barriers if you don't plan to main heal), or should I just go all in on a role.

This depends entirely on your group and what it's about to do.

If this is for dungeons, not really. You're better off (especially at non-endgame gear levels) focusing on one thing: tanking, healing, or DPS'ing. (Leech healers are kind of the exception here, as they can main heal while putting out some DPS.)

If this is for going through missions, that's more flexible and depends on the rest of your group.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I haven't even done all the dungeons on normal yet. I should probably idle around there and join some groups.

• Options
    I've been running Nightmare dungeons and have some augment stuff unlocked and am near maxed on my wheel and -still- dunno what the fuck I'm doin

And I kinda like it

• Options
    Hmm...are there any numbers yet if it's it better to platinum normal mode, or get a lower score on harder difficulties?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Getting Platinum on Elite isn't too hard to do, and Elite and NM don't share a cooldown.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Elite feels about the same as Normal really. I'm sure that if you're in blues and greens there's a difference, but you should be able to platinum Elites just fine.

Then again... who actually needs that many Oreos? I have a big old pile of them and there's not a lot to spend them on. The thing slowing down my augments is collecting them, and getting AP. Whenever I've gone to attune or upgrade an augment I've had more than enough Oreos. Now, if I wanted to buy the outfits and 10.1 gear right now I might feel differently, but I can wait on those and just get them at some point down the line.

• Options
    @amnesiasoft: Maybe I missed this the other day, but were you suggesting using your healtank build to just kite all the mobs in a scenario for a win?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    And done with issue 7 last night.

I need to find the suggestion box back at Templar HQ and suggest that we add in armor to the back of our heads/necks, getting really sick of getting knocked out at the end of the story arcs by the villain there.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    @amnesiasoft: Maybe I missed this the other day, but were you suggesting using your healtank build to just kite all the mobs in a scenario for a win?

Yes. You would not get any augs, and 26 minutes is a looooong time to kite without messing up. Death means all the survivors are going to die very quickly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hmmm, I wonder if that's an easy way to get the platinum NM solo achievements?