Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    That was my theory. Would have to get lucky and not get slow zombies in Mansion or Fungus in Castle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Hm. Theory has merit. But I guess the question becomes, can you survive having all those mobs attacking you?

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    PMAvers wrote: »
    And done with issue 7 last night.

I need to find the suggestion box back at Templar HQ and suggest that we add in armor to the back of our heads/necks, getting really sick of getting knocked out at the end of the story arcs by the villain there.
    Yeah that idea struck me as well, though it didn't bother me as much as at the end of Solomon Island or Black Pharaoh storylines; even though I was waiting for it to happen ever since she first appeared. At least she was around and is a bit sneaky/powerful and not just a random dick passing by. Although you would think the player character would have learned by now ..

Alegis on
  • Options
    So I went and tested @amnesiasoft's theory last night. Didn't know y'all had already tested it the night before. So I guess my findings don't really matter, lol.

If anyone finds some builds posted for NM Solo Scenarios, please link them. Personally I'm only really interested in Hotel- I must have those grips.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    goddamnit, I want to drag the snowmobile through the doors of
    the Nursery and shove it in that anima-infusing machine so I have a aux one. Being able to ride a magic snowmobile that has gatling guns and rocket launchers strapped to it would make dungeon runs so much fun.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    I was hoping Veteran would work off of Leeching Frenzy because that'd be ridiculous and great for scenarios, but, nupe. Back to the drawing board.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Options
    I was hoping Veteran would work off of Leeching Frenzy because that'd be ridiculous and great for scenarios, but, nupe. Back to the drawing board.

Yeah- Veteran triggers off using leech abilities. Leeching Frenzy isn't a leech ability, it just gives you a buff that lets you leech health. :-/

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I love my Frenzy-centric build so much, I don't even know what other builds I should try out.

• Options
    Don't suppose there's a UI mod that tells you if a piece of gear is part of one of your gear sets, is there?

Because damn I'd love to be able to clean up my bags a little, but always worried I'm going to deconstruct something useful.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    You can create additional 3x3 inventory windows, and label them "Heal" or "DPS" or "Tank" or "Healtank" or whatever you want, and keep the gear pieces in those

• Options
    kafziel wrote: »
    You can create additional 3x3 inventory windows, and label them "Heal" or "DPS" or "Tank" or "Healtank" or whatever you want, and keep the gear pieces in those

Doesn't stuff have a tendency to go flying all over your inventory when you switch sets, though?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    kafziel wrote: »

Doesn't stuff have a tendency to go flying all over your inventory when you switch sets, though?
    It swaps it with the one it equips

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Will have to try that.

I *really* need to clean out my bags, though. All these talismans have just built up over the months, and I havn't really gone on a deconstructing spree in a while. Have a 210-slot inventory, and it's full. D:

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Ahahahaha, my inventory wouldn't even fit in 210 slots.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Yeah, I bought some tiny whites to equip and unequip so that things are always in the right windows.

• Options
    I should just make a custom HP minor so I can get rid of these sundry drop purples

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    I remember buying this some time back and then never actually getting around to playing it, does subscribing let you play all the issues you don't already have? Is subscribing even an option? I haven't really kept up with this recently, but it's occurred to me I won't be playing KOTOR forever, so maybe I'll give this a proper shot after I finish the storylines I'm interested in in TOR.

• Options
    Technically, subscribing lets you get access to testlive, which lets you play all the content, but really, membership only gives you $10 a month, 10% off, and some random other perks. You still have to buy the issues individually

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    Ahhh, how are the perks then? Wondering if there's really a point to subscribing or if I should just drop the cash for however many issues I don't have (Four, apparently? Since I only bought the base game some time back)

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Technically, subscribing lets you get access to testlive, which lets you play all the content, but really, membership only gives you $10 a month, 10% off, and some random other perks. You still have to buy the issues individually

You generally get enough free points every month to pick up the issues, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Just reading patch 1.8.1 notes.

Sorry Rose:
    Healing will no longer generate excessive threat against enemies.

I'm interested in this one...
    Polaris
    Replaced a fully-functional combination lock on a shipping crate in the Polaris with a slightly faulty one, as we needed the good lock to build something else.

And I'm really fucking grumpy that I didn't know about this earlier
    Sighing Forest Spirits no longer count towards the Fata Padurii kill count.

• Options
    Ouch.

• Options
    One of these days, the times will overlap, and we should try the group NM scenarios with an actual tank...@antithesis ?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It wasn't in the patch notes but they appear to have fixed sprint in scenarios. I used to be unable to use sprint if any enemies were spawned, anywhere, which was supremely annoying. Now it seems like as long as I'm not actually in a fight, it's working. So that's perfect, and solo scenarios are fun and non-ragey again.

• Options
    Oh, that's good to know @Antecantelope. Does that mean the fix for heal aggro in scenarios was fixed as well?

And yes, please= let's do group NM scenarios! But I would prefer not being the tank.

• Options
    It wasn't in the patch notes but they appear to have fixed sprint in scenarios. I used to be unable to use sprint if any enemies were spawned, anywhere, which was supremely annoying. Now it seems like as long as I'm not actually in a fight, it's working. So that's perfect, and solo scenarios are fun and non-ragey again.

Awesome, I was wondering what was up with sprinting when I tried them the first few times the other night. It probably ended up killing about half of my survivors.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Finally got @AnteCantelope through Slaughterhouse MP. So if Ante tries bribing you with signets to take them through, do it! Free signets!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    So @amnesiasoft, what's a typical stat/hp setup for a cookie cutter tank these days? I was thinking of something like this to try and force it into my existing talisman setup. Is high block enough, or do you need to throw in Defense as well? http://joakibj.com/tswcalc/#weapon=4,1,4,3,0,4,0,0,0&weapon2=0,0,0,0,0,4,0,0,0&head=4,3,5,3,0,4,0,0,0&ring=4,3,4,4,3,2,2,0,0&neck=4,1,4,5,0,4,0,0,0&wrist=4,1,4,5,0,4,0,0,0&luck=4,3,4,4,0,4,0,0,0&waist=4,1,4,4,0,4,0,0,0&occult=4,1,4,5,0,4,0,0,0

• Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    So, asking here. I still need MP Fac. Can we get our PA group together sometime for this, please?

And I would love to run the group NM Scenarios with you guys. Asking because most of you know my schedule, wanted to see if there's a night y'all are willing to wait for me.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    ^
    Finally got @AnteCantelope through Slaughterhouse MP. So if Ante tries bribing you with signets to take them through, do it! Free signets!
    (maybe you need to bribe him harder)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    1. I can't take anyone through SH MP.

2. I'm after Fac MP.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    1.8.2 is out but not out. Patcher still says we're on 1.8.1 but the 1.8.2 stuff is in the game.

http://forums-beta.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?p=132514#post132514

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So there *was* something going on last night with my ISP 'coz I was unable to play any other online games until late last night. Should be good now.

Can we try stuff again tonight? I won't be able to tomorrow.

EDIT: The weapon moulds are now in the Item Store. There are some new ones in there, as well.

Damn but that Perforator skin looks awesome.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    I doubt it was just your ISP, since everyone else was also having terrible lag

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    I doubt it was just your ISP, since everyone else was also having terrible lag

True. I guess I had it worse then, since I was also getting dc'd on top of the lag everyone was getting.

• Options
    The ability to bank anywhere is a consumable? Ugh, no thank you.

Why would they even do that? They don't make money from veteran points so why not just make it cost 20ish and last forever?

• Options
    The ability to bank anywhere is a consumable? Ugh, no thank you.

Why would they even do that? They don't make money from veteran points so why not just make it cost 20ish and last forever?
    Yeah... I'm not buying consumables in a video game with real money (or even fake veteran point money). The people on the forum aren't exactly happy about it either. Though, not all the arguments for it are sensible (I can bank on the Internet in real life!)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'd be tempted to buy a signet remover, if it weren't just more than $5 for 2, even if I were to subscribe for the 10% off

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @amnesiasoft: You might like this giveaway.