As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The Snowball emote is an item-based emote, like Nassir's Dance.

You spend several seconds packing a snowball and then throw it. During this time you can't move around... so of course they made an achievement for throwing a snowball at Hel while she does her light/dark spinning maneuver.

I'll have to go to Kingsmouth and see if throwing a snowball at an enemy mob makes them aggro. Could be a new way for people to pull mobs without having ranged weapons equipped if so.

EDIT: Snowball emote is just an emote, doesn't trigger enemies at all.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    As far as having snowball fights outside Agartha... link to thread

• Options
    edited December 2016
    In case folks don't have it yet, Ultimate Edition is on sale for $15. Ends in seven days.

EDIT: The bundle is for a Steam key.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    In case folks don't have it yet, Ultimate Edition is on sale for $15. Ends in seven days.

The super ultimate edition, or the one that only has the episodes (through tokyo)?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Spoit wrote: »

The super ultimate edition, or the one that only has the episodes (through tokyo)?

Ultimate Edition is through Issue 11.

Complete Edition which is all Issues, is currently $17.49.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    The Complete Edition order site can be hard to find because Funcom cunningly hides that link.

• Options
    That's why I have it bookmarked for easy sharing with people.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Finally logged in and did the Franken Chopper quest. So that unlocks the fastest sprint speed for each of my characters, right?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Stragint wrote: »
    Finally logged in and did the Franken Chopper quest. So that unlocks the fastest sprint speed for each of my characters, right?

Correct!

Also, some people have figured out a hidden mechanic introduced this year that helps make a seemingly-rare cosmetic item drop with regularity.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    I have been playing this for a while with the deranged hermit, classy gent that he is. My name ingame is goldborn. I love the puzzles in this game. I have played quite a lot, got a few 10.1 purples, unlocked a decent chunk of the ability wheel, got some auxiliaries, 10-capped all my weapons, offence and defence in some cases. I am looking forward to tackling some elite dungeons soon.

What is this thing that is happening here.
  • Options
    So, no streams until February (due to Conan Exiles stuff). Everyone's hoping that means they can finally show us what they've been working on.

Odo did say that they are planning on showing off the next loyalty reward soon(TM) though, stream or no stream.

• Options
    I was kind of hoping that the next loyalty reward would tie into that Big Update they have coming soon somehow, but it must not if they're going to be able to show it separately from a normal stream.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    I.....want to play this again.....

Yep. Downloaded this again. Starting up an Illuminati.
    Now I just need to figure out how to build an effective character.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    My first guy was a history Professor turned Templar.
    L2ttJ.jpg
    (on the left)

Second dude was a sleazy Miami based strip club owner who was an Illuminati thanks mostly to his family.
    WC4gf.jpg

Never had a Dragon character. . . hmmm.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    One of us. One of us.

Though my character works for the Orochi Group. So...

i0cgnwtabp1l.png

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I'm an anime.

19s8fhotmea0.jpg

@ringswraith is there in the background, we were in hell.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    L2ttJ.jpg
    (on the left)

Second dude was a sleazy Miami based strip club owner who was an Illuminati thanks mostly to his family.
    WC4gf.jpg

Never had a Dragon character. . . hmmm.

Dragon is best faction!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Axen, I love your guy looks a lot like the Illuminati recruiter!

• Options
    Kay wrote: »
    I'm an anime.

19s8fhotmea0.jpg

@ringswraith is there in the background, we were in hell.

Ah yes, during my char's "kill all demons!" phase. He blames them for ruining his life.

And then he got sent to work for the Orochi.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    L2ttJ.jpg
    (on the left)

Hey, that's almost exactly what my character looked like. Except mine had the Einstein hair.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Fabulous men look alike.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Lets just say that the Orochi have a bad track record when it comes to containing supernatural threats.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Lets just say that the Orochi have a bad track record when it comes to containing supernatural threats.

Just because you have a few set backs doesn't mean you should stop trying. :razz:

• Options
    edited February 2017

Just because you have a few set backs doesn't mean you should stop trying. :razz:

I wouldn't call it "set backs". I'd call it "unmitigated disasters with near catastrophic consequences".

Fiendishrabbit on
  • Options
    One success can overshadow a hundred failures!

Pretty sure the Orochi corporate office has a "Never give up" motivational kitten poster on every wall.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Pretty sure the Orochi corporate office has a "Never give up" motivational kitten poster on every wall.

...as the kitten is being dragged into the gaping maw of a horror from beyond space and time...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

...as the kitten is being dragged into the gaping maw of a horror from beyond space and time...

That's just character building.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Oh hey, I forgot that a long while back I retcon'd my history Professor Templar in to an ex-SAS Templar.
    FF71xb7.png

I should really look in to a Dragon run.

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I've google searched for mods for this, opened 50 tabs of em, then found out that most will be out of date. And they aren't open source like WoW's mods, so I closed most of them. Is there any updated mod that would make inventory+bank management easier? Or any other must have mods?

• Options
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    I've google searched for mods for this, opened 50 tabs of em, then found out that most will be out of date. And they aren't open source like WoW's mods, so I closed most of them. Is there any updated mod that would make inventory+bank management easier? Or any other must have mods?

Majority of mods you'll see are on Curse. I forget the names of the ones I'm using; I'll check tonight and post them on here.

But yeah, for the most part mods aren't that recent since there haven't been any changes that would require updating them in quite some time.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Here's my Illuminati character, on his shiny new hoverboard.
    B8113E4BB7BCC28651305C36B0F95BB64BDE147C

And with Dungeoneer complete, that leaves me with only... uh... MFB NM Master Planner, NM NYR, one or two Issue 12 things, and a bunch of 10k kills/museum wings for achievements left to accomplish.

Well, and PvP achievements, obviously, but getting 500 wins in anything there isn't going to happen any time soon.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options

So I forgot to do this last night, my bad.

I'm looking and it appears I am using AdvancedTradePost (which actually also does some inventory and bank management stuff). You might need to check the official forums for a file to replace the one in the mod, though, to make it work with the current patch. (Not sure if the creator updated it.)

My other mods are mostly QoL stuff. Viper's Deck Manager ('coz limited gear manager slots = bad), Fashionista (saves your clothing), and El Torqiro's AEGIS HUD but that won't really affect you until you hit Tokyo.

• Options
    Oh, I finally found the screenshots of the character I'm playing through as now. Illuminati, Blood and Pistols character, I'll probably pick up Blades at some point. He's called Khadga. I figured I'd make another POC, and I'm really pleased with how he turned out.

9g2jgzs6jmzu.png
    zmadztgucjk4.png

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Can you still get your hands on tactical earpiece clothing?

• Options
    It's in the shop for me, for free. Not sure when it turned up? Probably an issue update.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    It's in the shop for me, for free. Not sure when it turned up? Probably an issue update.

That was a subscriber reward, actually. So no longer available.

• Options
    There's a different-looking Orochi tactical headpiece that I got with some Veteran points, but that's a different program that was discontinued a year ago when they revamped the subscriber benefits.

Asking for some headset stuff might be something to post on the official forums in the Suggestions thread... for what that's worth.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

Mods I like:
    Advanced Tradepost
    Auctioneer
    AutNBG
    BooWarnings
    Combat Statistics
    Deck Picker
    Don't Make Me Wait
    GHOSTTablet
    MeeehrUI-Topbar
    No Intro Movies
    UltimateCrafter