Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    So if we already own the game and put the code in... what? I put it in on the site but I don't magically have a jacket in my account.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    You have to go to the store under Claim Items.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ah right, I forget about that.

• Options
    @ringswraith So, tomorrow night, around MakiTime™, a friend (Wolfera) was planning to run a couple of his friends through Fac MP. You're welcome to join him if you want.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    @ringswraith So, tomorrow night, around MakiTime™, a friend (Wolfera) was planning to run a couple of his friends through Fac MP. You're welcome to join him if you want.

Yeah? Just got home, I'll be on in maybe 45 minutes or so. Is this still available?

EDIT: Wolfera told me they did it earlier 'coz they couldn't wait. /sigh

Thanks anyway Rose. Why don't we just do it?

ringswraith on
  • Options
    You have to go to the store under Claim Items.

Hmm, that hoodie isn't listed there, but I know the code got entered via the website properly.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Completed the story, some questions;
    Is Lilith the mother of Emma; shown during those 'Smith' videos? or is Lilith pretending to be Emma's mother in order to take her to Tokyo.
    As I understand it Lilith was the chairman of Orochi during the Carpathian fang operations - what exactly she was before Orochi (and why the player freaks out why you hear her name / Dragon mission statements warn of her) still eludes me. She birthed (all the?) monsters; how and when? edit: OH, is she also the the one behind the Callisto/Mara stuff?

Is it known who the white woman at the end of the storyline is? (some representative of Gaia probably) or the black (filth?) dude? (I checked for a video on youtube on the alternative ending)

I never was so delighted in an investigation mission as when I encountered the music 'puzzle' in the Callisto mission; I don't get the reasoning behind the symbol placements afterwards though (had to cheat for that one).

Alegis on
  • Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Logged in with my guy for the first time in quite a while this weekend and realized I have utterly no idea how to play anymore. I was sitting in Agartha in front of the Polaris Elite door with my heal set/skills on, and I literally fumbled with it for 20 minutes before logging off in confusion. I'll need to load up a saved DPS deck and just run through Egypt and the other zone again just to re-learn the basics!

• Options
    I'm in Transylvania now and my Frenzy-centric Chaos/Fist build is finally starting to fray around the edges. I'm not able to handle it against these vampires, even on missions marked as "Normal". What are some good solo-style builds out there, preferably for someone with some combination of Fist/Chaos/Blood/AR, as those are the skills I have the most points in?

• Options
    What's your current chaos/fist build like?

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    If you're already chaos/fist, can I suggest changing to burst-centric? Something involving Four Horsemen, Run Rampant, One-Two, Improved Bursts, the heal on bursts passive. Bursts were nerfed enough that they're not much good in high end dungeons, but it wasn't significant enough to drop them from solo builds.

I did 4 Freeborn runs this morning, got 1 trash, a Violence, a Breaching, and oh, hey, @amnesiasoft: a Laceration. I think that's TSW telling me to come back after not playing for a week or so.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    It's AR/Elemental, but I've been digging this.

What I've been using for scenarios lately could work, it's AR/Chaos.

It goes something like:

Actives:
    Cry Havoc
    Escalation
    Fire at Will
    Shot of Anima
    Transfuse Anima
    Tactical Retreat
    Black Hole

Passives:
    Inevitability
    Leeching Frenzy
    12 Gouge
    Iron Maiden
    Breakdown
    Shoot 'Em Up
    Cool, Calm, & Collected

(Going to want to have a little bit of Heal for this, usually a Head and a Major talisman's enough.)

There's also the "Regen Like Wolverine" build, which is Chaos/Swords. Dunno if there's any upgrades from recent updates, but it still works for me.

Actives:
    Forking Path
    Four Horsemen
    Clearing the Path
    Brandish
    Domino Effect
    Helter Skelter
    Amor Fati

Arterial Pulse
    Circulation
    Immortal Spirit
    Advantage Me
    Bloodsport
    Healing Sparks
    Empowerment

(Same here re: heal.)

Someone who's more in tune with building decks can probably critique those more.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    A more traditional wolverine build would swap forking paths for blade torrent (b/c it's a frenzy), swap blood sport for shoot em up, and healing sparks for leaching frenzy. I'd also drop advantage me for breakdown to get that sweet sweet debil.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Exposed, not debil :) For solo'ing I would think there are better alternatives to get more damage as you have to build it up for each target

Alegis on
  • Options
    What's your current chaos/fist build like?

Active:
    Escalation
    Nurture
    Wild At Heart
    Surgical Steel
    Domino Effect

Passive:
    Leeching Frenzy
    Pressure Point
    Perseverance
    Turbulence
    Bloodsport
    Breakdown
    Probability

Frenzy-focused with an emphasis on being able to heal myself for staying up for a longer time.

• Options
    And what's your equipment like? You need a majority of your talismans to be DPS, with a couple healing ones and maybe a tank(HP) one.

Although you are lacking some frenzies to keep the uptime on Leeching Frenzy. You can do as Ante suggests and switch to a burst-centric build instead. Same equipment considerations, same weapons, more consistent uptime:

Something like this.

• Options
    My equipment is kind of hodge-podge. I suppose I should craft some new stuff.

• Options
    Apparently we've got another Golden Weekend coming up.

@Simpsonia

Super Deal on Funcom Points

During the Golden Weekend you get 30% extra Bonus Points every time you purchase Funcom Points! Bonus Points are valid for 6 months towards any in-game purchase.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Unfortunately I've got a lot of AP to spend before I can get all those skills you've recommended.

• Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

It says AR/Elemental but I'm seeing almost pure AR there.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yeah, I was going to go back and edit that little bit in with that tidbit. Still works really well.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Yeah, I was going to go back and edit that little bit in with that tidbit. Still works really well.

It looks pretty enticing, and out of that and the other recommended builds, I think it'd take the least amount of AP to achieve from what I've got already.

On a gear note, does anyone know if you can put more than one signet into an item with multiple slots?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    One is probably a glyph slot and the other a signet slot?

• Options
    Apparently we've got another Golden Weekend coming up.

@Simpsonia

Super Deal on Funcom Points

During the Golden Weekend you get 30% extra Bonus Points every time you purchase Funcom Points! Bonus Points are valid for 6 months towards any in-game purchase.

Wooo time to get some new content to play. I wonder how much I should buy, maybe enough for the last 3 issues and enough for the next two coming up.

• Options

It looks pretty enticing, and out of that and the other recommended builds, I think it'd take the least amount of AP to achieve from what I've got already.

On a gear note, does anyone know if you can put more than one signet into an item with multiple slots?

What Alegis said. Talismans can have at most one glyph and one signet.

• Options
    @amnesiasoft: Remind me again what your NM tanking setup is like? I'm looking at making a new set for scenarios and want to see if I can repurpose my existing sets, or make one set that I can use for both scenarios and tanking. :)

• Options
    Hmm. For scenarios would you recommend block > defense, or a mix? Trying to get a bunch of opinions. :)

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Hmm. For scenarios would you recommend block > defense, or a mix? Trying to get a bunch of opinions. :)

I basically run a blade/AR build like this forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=75195

Though due to trying to mix/match my existing gear, I'm only able to hit 476 block, 664 HR, 876 pen, 5600 HP. It's still a bit squishy with the lower block and HR, and absence of an Order signet, but overall it works much better than my other survival build (a straight blade/chaos wolverine).

Add for block vs defense etc, seems like the meta these days is to ignore defense and protections and just run almost pure block+pen.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    Check the builds section of the official forum. ChainJermaine has his scenario build up. He may be a huge troll, but he is good at the game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I should probably start running 18s again to get bullion to build scenario gear

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'll bug you on Steam next time. I need some serious bullion for tank + DPS glyphing and scenario gear.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can has NM runs too prz?

• Options
    Depends on how fast. If we can bang a 24 out in an hour or two, maki time isn't too late, but if it's like most pugs...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well if we can get you, Rose, Mad, myself, that leaves one slot.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Depends on how fast. If we can bang a 24 out in an hour or two, maki time isn't too late, but if it's like most pugs...

Makitime is too late, I think I'm in bed by the time he gets on lol.

• Options
    WeskiWeski Registered User new member
    Been gone for six to nine months, could anyone recommend a shotgun/hammer solo build, or shotgun/elemental ?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    How does the log-in through Steam work? Does it just launch the regular client? I have an account from some time ago, but I'm considering picking this up on Steam during the sale just for the sake of having it in a nice convenient list. It would be nice if I could satisfy my compulsions in doing so while also being able to use my old account.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah, it just launches the client. And I think you get a special steam hoodie?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I LOVE HOODIES

liEt3nH.png