Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    If you already have purchased TSW before and buy it again on Steam, you can throw the CD-Key from Steam into your account details via the TSW account management page for another month of subscriber benefits.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    Depends on how fast. If we can bang a 24 out in an hour or two, maki time isn't too late, but if it's like most pugs...

Makitime is too late, I think I'm in bed by the time he gets on lol.

Buncha early peeps.

You guys go then. I'll go find some people on noobmares or something. I don't want to be the reason for people holding back.

• Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Simps, I think you typed something in #PA and I forgot about it in a rush of AP farming. You and anyone else with .4.4 stuff want to get together for Group Nightmare Scenarios? I'm seriously lacking in people with the gear for hybrid builds.
    Alegis wrote: »
    Completed the story, some questions;
    Is Lilith the mother of Emma; shown during those 'Smith' videos? or is Lilith pretending to be Emma's mother in order to take her to Tokyo.
    As I understand it Lilith was the chairman of Orochi during the Carpathian fang operations - what exactly she was before Orochi (and why the player freaks out why you hear her name / Dragon mission statements warn of her) still eludes me. She birthed (all the?) monsters; how and when? edit: OH, is she also the the one behind the Callisto/Mara stuff?

Is it known who the white woman at the end of the storyline is? (some representative of Gaia probably) or the black (filth?) dude? (I checked for a video on youtube on the alternative ending)

I never was so delighted in an investigation mission as when I encountered the music 'puzzle' in the Callisto mission; I don't get the reasoning behind the symbol placements afterwards though (had to cheat for that one).

When you say "the story," are you including issue 1.7 / A Dream to Kill? Because it directly continues the main game's story there and can answer some of your questions, soooo I wouldn't click on this next spoiler unless you've played it.
    Lilith isn't Emma's mother, she's just extremely manipulative and was trying to appeal as a mother figure. Emma was born with an incredibly powerful ability to manipulate Anima (I.E. strong connection to Gaia), her house burnt down and her parents died (hence the fireman scene- like with Carter, this was an accident that drew attention to her), and she was picked up by an Orochi program called Virgula Divina. Unfortunately, you only really investigate that program in the Templar storyline. Point is, she was super-powerful beyond all others they were monitoring, and used to break through to the Gaia Engine in Transylvania (which Lilith had been trying- increasingly hard- to reach for centuries). She was left in the nursery when it locked down because the Vampire Crusade started happening.

Lilith goes all the way back to the First Age, where she kind of birthed all evil. She's immortal, and is (or at least, was) the chairwoman of Orochi, Lily Engel. (In the Orochi lore: "There are tombs less haunted than some wombs.") It's not much of a stretch that she'd consider a lot of the stuff you fight to be her "children," and want the rest (like Emma) to become hers. She is entirely behind the Callisto/Mara stuff ("The Red Thread" is directly referring to the color of her hair), from Mara becoming a vampire all the way up to Mara launching the Vampire Crusade. The fact that she launched a crusade largely to wipe out the Orochi presence in Carp Fangs (and thus gain sole access to the Gaia Engine) implies that she was not unilaterally in control (see the next part about angels). Oh, and she doesn't seem to have many powers beyond the immortality and the manipulation. (That she only did anything "magic" at the very end implies that it was easier for her to just use you.)

We don't know exactly who the white/black figures are at the end of the storyline, but they're almost definitely angels like Eblis or (not confirmed, but a lot of indirect stuff supports this) Samael Chandra, CEO of Orochi. The angels ("The Host") are from the Second Age (what later became the Hell dimensions) or earlier. There are lots of different factions among them, with different levels of willingness to directly act.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Simps, I think you typed something in #PA and I forgot about it in a rush of AP farming. You and anyone else with .4.4 stuff want to get together for Group Nightmare Scenarios? I'm seriously lacking in people with the gear for hybrid builds.

I'm definitely down, I have nobody to run scenarios with really. I'm still working on the bull to get the few separate pieces I need for a compete hybrid set, but add long as we aren't 2 Manning it should be fine.

Side question for Rose, have you been able to finish your set for Jermaine's build? I'm wondering how essential the defense is for that. Later in the post he put his numbers and only had a 7% glance rate which seems like a lot of staff points for not much return.

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Side question for Rose, have you been able to finish your set for Jermaine's build? I'm wondering how essential the defense is for that. Later in the post he put his numbers and only had a 7% glance rate which seems like a lot of staff points for not much return.
    Well, those numbers include unglanceable attacks like afflictions, so the number is going to be skewed somewhat downwards. On top of that, Order signets are basically the best thing ever so Block rate is significantly increased by that in addition to Trucker. Both are important for uptime on a Salvation signet, and blades a glance will reduce damage dealt by 60%, and on top of that if you're using blades, you heal 35% of the damage done. The build also has a passive heal that triggers on glances, blocks, and evades, so it helps keep that up when blocks don't happen.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Well, those numbers include unglanceable attacks like afflictions, so the number is going to be skewed somewhat downwards. On top of that, Order signets are basically the best thing ever so Block rate is significantly increased by that in addition to Trucker. Both are important for uptime on a Salvation signet, and blades a glance will reduce damage dealt by 60%, and on top of that if you're using blades, you heal 35% of the damage done. The build also has a passive heal that triggers on glances, blocks, and evades, so it helps keep that up when blocks don't happen.

OK interesting. Now that I have the back issues I think I'm going to use the Cairo head piece to make a blue Order signeted DPS piece and probably turn the Venice belt into DPS so I can reglyph my current one to defense/salvation.

Is that build working out for you so far?

• Options
    Seems to work out okay for the most part, I suspect it would work better if I had all my glyphs at .4 and had purple signets for it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    @amnesiasoft: So when are we doing Fac MP? /beg

• Options
    I finally finished Issue 7 a couple days back. I have to say I think that it was my favorite overall with Freeborn a close second and Cairo a distant third. I'm really looking forward to Tokyo.

I also attempted Hotel NM solo for the first time last night, and it was so much easier than I thought it would be. I got gold, and would have done it on platinum, but my DPS on some of the higher hp single target mobs just wasn't high enough. Still though, the rewards for solo, even NM, blow. I ended up with a grand total of one Accurate aug for the whole run.

• Options
    I finally finished Issue 7 a couple days back. I have to say I think that it was my favorite overall with Freeborn a close second and Cairo a distant third. I'm really looking forward to Tokyo.

I also attempted Hotel NM solo for the first time last night, and it was so much easier than I thought it would be. I got gold, and would have done it on platinum, but my DPS on some of the higher hp single target mobs just wasn't high enough. Still though, the rewards for solo, even NM, blow. I ended up with a grand total of one Accurate aug for the whole run.

Nice! What build were you using?

• Options
    An AR blade survival build. The stats aren't quite prefect yet, but it works alright. My main problem before was using transfuse anima instead of shot of anima. And I hear if using thirst signets you can even drop the shot of anima and go with better consumers.

• Options
    An AR blade survival build. The stats aren't quite prefect yet, but it works alright. My main problem before was using transfuse anima instead of shot of anima. And I hear if using thirst signets you can even drop the shot of anima and go with better consumers.

Share your build! I'm collecting them, wanna see which one's best for me to work towards.

@amnesiasoft: Still waiting on a response, Rose! :P

Although I haven't been on since I'm focusing on FFXIV while there's an event running.

• Options
    It's a minor variation of Ciritty's build I looked a few pages back.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    And I hear if using thirst signets you can even drop the shot of anima and go with better consumers.
    Well, it sure is even better of an idea now!
    Increased Signet of Thirst leech values at each respective rarity to 6/12/20% (was 5/10/15%). Updated the effects of the signet to match these new values.

@ringswraith: Uh... eventually...

Edit:
    •The final boss in all scenarios except Novice difficulty will now drop at least one uncommon augment.
    •Nightmare difficulty final bosses will now drop rare augments more often.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I honestly don't understand how they needed to wait until now to realise that the drop rates on augs were screwy. I mean, it's an MMO, tuning drop rates is what they do! But at launch you get go 3 elite scenarios with nothing, and now they realise that oh yeah, that's not much fun.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So I got a HP minor for scenarios, which signet should I put on it, thirst or a tank one? (actually I think I have a blue thirst in the bank)

EDIT: also, I want block, right?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    And I hear if using thirst signets you can even drop the shot of anima and go with better consumers.
    Well, it sure is even better of an idea now!
    Increased Signet of Thirst leech values at each respective rarity to 6/12/20% (was 5/10/15%). Updated the effects of the signet to match these new values.

Apparently this is a stealth nerf disguised as a buff. Apparently, the actual effect was 30% rather than 15%. People on the forums were praising a thirst/equilibrium combo before, and bemoaning this stealth nerf/bug fix.

Good to hear about the buff on the drops, solo might be worth doing if I can't find someone to group with for them.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Spoit wrote: »
    So I got a HP minor for scenarios, which signet should I put on it, thirst or a tank one? (actually I think I have a blue thirst in the bank)

EDIT: also, I want block, right?

I'd hold off until there is a better consensus on how a blue thirst holds up. I have a blue ablation right now on a minor and it does help, but I could see the leach being better with the popular survival builds, since most combine a frenzy with leaching frenzy.

Also yes block seems to be the only real tank stat these days.

Edit: also anyone encounter an issue where the snipers were attacking the mobs and not me, it was kind of hilarious.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    Edit: also anyone encounter an issue where the snipers were attacking the mobs and not me, it was kind of hilarious.

That's not an issue. That's the "friend" part of the "friend or foe" random event.

Friend: You get a sniper that shoots mobs.

Foe: You get a sniper that shoots YOU.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So my wife and I picked up keys for this on sale at Amazon a week ago and have been playing a few hours every night. This game's pretty fun! It reminds me of a more systemized Uru, if only for the mix of combat and investigation missions. We've had to look up clues a couple times, but we've mostly been stumbling along with latin to english translators, and Morse code readers on our tablet.

I didn't initially think I'd like the limited active mission structure, but it really does go a long way to making you focus on a given storyline rather than just toting a laundry list of ques objectives around. Even the action missions have been more interesting than your usual MMO fare, even if they're just veiled iterations of "Go here, kill this, interact with this".

Should I be leery of spending all my Pax on clothes? I'm still kind of figuring out exactly what the point of money is in this game.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »
    Should I be leery of spending all my Pax on clothes? I'm still kind of figuring out exactly what the point of money is in this game.

Buying clothes.
    there are a few things like run speed increases and such, but by the time you can buy them you'll have way more money than you need, even with buying two seasons wardrobes.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Save up money to get the sprint speed increases, other than that it's all clothes and inventory/gear slots.

• Options
    •The final boss in all scenarios except Novice difficulty will now drop at least one uncommon augment.

In case anyone else forgets, uncommon = green, not blue. So this is nice, definitely welcome, possibly the right level? But not as massive as I thought.

• Options
    So I just ran into a DPS with an interesting build. Standard PS/AR FITH build. But, he runs a Coney Island Band, and a purple Equilibrium signet (with Immortal Spirit) to super boost his crits. He outdamaged my blade/fist build on everything we ran except for the UrDraug. Granted I'm not fully geared with the right signets yet (missing a Lace), but damn. He hit 12k DPS on the last phase of DW 6/6.

• Options
    It's good for high burst damage during buffs, but rather bad at sustained DPS. 12k DPS isn't even that amazing in DW 6, I've hit 16k :P (This number also depends on whether the last Mayans got counted in the encounter or not)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Has anyone else noticed the crappy drops in elite group scenarios lately? In 6 runs I saw a grand total of 3 blues and the rest greens.

• Options
    So how's the gearing coming along?

• Options

Is it better to get gear from quests or craft gear yourself? For people who aren't already QL 10.billion and running Elite/NM erryday.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Green gear? From AH
    Put your SP into one element first, I forgot what the recommend procedure was ... main weapon / head / major ?

Gearing here going fine, haven't played in a bit but going to pick up the NM pace when work cools down a bit again.

Alegis on
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Is it better to get gear from quests or craft gear yourself? For people who aren't already QL 10.billion and running Elite/NM erryday.

Dungeon drops. Normal dungeons will drop blue gear of the best QL for the zone (for example, Polaris drops QL3 blues).

Elites will drop QL10 blues. You could get lucky and get a purple from trash mobs, too.

Personally I did a bunch of dungeon runs to gear up for elites, then a bunch of elite runs to gear up for Gatekeeper. You could also supplant with some lair/Quarry runs.

Failing that, you can use sequins to buy gear from the CoV vendors, but I find that to be a bit of a waste since they also sell the best QL gear for their zone, which is almost immediately replaced the moment you get a drop in the next one over.

As far as crafting gear is concerned, the main things people craft are glyphs, not gear (ie, weapons/talismans).

• Options
    So I've found a good raiding group, finally getting back into the swing of things, and got lucky with drops, finally got my Coney Island Band. But that brings a new problem, I have to completely reglyph my entire set of gear, yay. Though I would like to get my hands on an Egon Pendant as well.

I think this will be my DPS setup [ur;]http://joakibj.com/tswcalc/#weapon=5,1,4,1,2,2,2,0,0&weapon2=4,0,4,0,0,4,0,0,0&head=4,3,5,3,0,4,0,2,6&ring=4,3,4,3,0,4,0,0,0&neck=4,3,5,4,0,4,0,3,84&wrist=4,3,5,4,0,4,0,0,0&luck=4,3,4,3,0,4,0,3,86&waist=4,3,4,2,3,3,1,0,0&occult=4,3,4,2,0,4,0,0,0[/url]
    Leach: http://joakibj.com/tswcalc/#weapon=5,9,4,1,2,4,0,0,0&weapon2=4,0,4,0,0,4,0,0,0&head=4,3,5,3,0,4,0,2,6&ring=4,2,4,3,0,4,0,3,83&neck=4,3,5,4,0,4,0,3,84&wrist=4,3,5,4,0,4,0,0,0&luck=4,3,4,3,0,4,0,3,86&waist=4,3,4,2,3,3,1,0,0&occult=4,3,4,2,0,4,0,0,0

Though I'm curious to see if a Coney+ Egon + Equilibrium + Immortal Spirit would still work a blade/fist build as it does with double force crit builds like Blood/AR, AR/Pistol.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I should probably see about actually joining something for a more regular raid, now that @antitheses isn't running for me to leach off of. Or maybe I should learn how to leach it, to have more options

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So are many of you still playing much? Thinking of maybe popping back in for a bit.

• Options
    Yeah, though I've been playing FFXIV lately for event stuff, and I'm close to level cap...

Still need to get my own scenario build going.

• Options
    Making a new Illuminati character now, but I'm stuck on the name...

• Options
    Making a new Illuminati character now, but I'm stuck on the name...

The nick, or the "real" name?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    The nick. Ended up going with Helkrack. Not super original, but it'll do!

Maybe it's just the time of day, but the server seems depressingly empty.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    So is there an Illuminati PA cabal still going, or shall I begin whoring myself out on the official forums?

• Options
    edited December 2013
    It's defunct, is my understanding.

That or I'm not cool enough to be a part of it yet, and this is all some meta-RP involving our Illuminati cabal.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    It exists and I'm sure somebody could invite you, but there's no benefit to it. As long as you're in the PA chat channel there's no need for the PA cabals.