As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Secret World - Legends out 6/26/17

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    I wonder how the dungeons would work. Would they be something you'd still need a group for, or would they be more geared towards a single player like the story mission instances?

They'd probably work exactly as they do now- get a group of people together, go run it. I don't see why they'd change that, if the game is going to have some multiplayer aspect.

And maybe it's because I did RP before, but I totally see other people out and about (when I'm actually in the game) and I even interacted with them. (Not for a long while, though, since I've stopped RP'ing.) But it does exist.

I do think that if you and your friends didn't roll the same faction, not having the option to be in a cabal hindered the social aspect somewhat. (c wut i did thar)

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Turns out that being a grandmaster in TSW will carry over to Legends. I find that very surprising, I expected this was a chance for them to start getting money from their biggest fans again, but looks like this relaunch isn't going to get me to spend anything.

I appreciate that, of course, but... don't they want my money at all?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Turns out that being a grandmaster in TSW will carry over to Legends. I find that very surprising, I expected this was a chance for them to start getting money from their biggest fans again, but looks like this relaunch isn't going to get me to spend anything.

I think one of the articles mentioned that it was F2P.... to all? At which point, how do they monetize?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

I think one of the articles mentioned that it was F2P.... to all? At which point, how do they monetize?

There will be a cash shop.

Costumes. All the costumes ever...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    They're de-emphasizing the MMO part of the game, but they've also said you'll still be able to encounter a player or two in playfields randomly.

So I mean, I don't know how it's actually going to differ from what they do now with the zones, as far as player count.

• Options
    I have to say, the wind has really been taken out of my sails on this announcement.

The worst-case scenarios I had considered for this mysterious "relaunch" were either a complete reset of character progression, or the relaunch update being the last hurrah before TSW was put into maintenance mode.

And it turns out that both of these things are true.

I am going to sign up for the beta and I certainly hope that the supposed improvements are actually improvements, but holy cow is there a lot of improvement that they are going to have to show in order to break even on goodwill for me. And I'm not even close to being part of the more vocally critical section of the TSW community.

As it stands, I have literally no motivation to log into TSW again, save for the fact that I was in Tokyo with a friend playing through on an alt, and so I'll want to at least make it through the end of that with him.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I can definitely see where they're coming from.
    If you don't have to send information about every player to every other player you can drasticly cut down on server costs.

It also means that you care a lot less about players concentrating into a single area (eliminating the problems of mob-stealing, mob-scarcity etc).
    I honestly think it's a good move. There are three ways players can interact in a gameworld.
    1. Socializing (positive).
    2. Teaming up (positive).
    3. Annoying the fuck out of each other (Negative).

Instancing the gameworld will almost entirely remove no.3, but you definitely need good networking tools to keep up 1. and 2.
    They'll have a harder time at networking than Warframe (an example of a successful F2P using a highly instanced model), given that Warframes gameplay is extremly oriented towards random play, but lets face it... Warframes networking tools are extremly basic, you could create something more advanced/functional with even a mediocre level of effort (the only real challenge for Warframe devs is the sheer scale of it).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Not a fan of how this sounds... but the original is supposedly untouched, so there's that. As long as I can finish the original version of the story. (Or as much as it lets me finish, anyway.)

I lost interest somewhere in Egypt when tedium took hold, but I still want to see it through.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I think there's a few things I'm definitely curious about.

Cash-paid cosmetics were mentioned, but I'm also hoping that some of the special ones from pre-launch and other special events stick around. I like my Templar cap and special hoodie.

The big thing is what the combat revamp is going to feel like. I might be okay with playing through content again if the combat's awesome and feels good now.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    It's been mentioned that some things can be copied over (they specified things bought on the Item Store, like mounts, pets, not sure what else) to TSWL. I think that will help, but I'm going to be really upset if achievement items won't be copied over.

Stuff like my Orochi uniforms, the moonwalk pro dance, and the gravity skates from this last challenge.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    If achievement outfits carry over, that would be nice, as I'm fond of my Filthy ACUs and my spikey flaming hellsuit, but if they don't I wouldn't be terribly upset.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So I just got the email about this reboot of the game. I'm curious to see how accurate the wording is regarding changing the combat of the game to better emphasize "action." There's things I liked about TSW, the two times I tried to dive into it deep, but I make it to about the same point before I get fatigued on how shits-the-same it feels with a lot of "LOOK AT ALL THESE OPTIONS" in my face (but those options aren't viable until you get a lot of things setup). Hopefully this changes that.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    it's weird because my primary memories of the game are the investigation missions which are decidedly not action

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I solved exactly one investigation myself.

I was very proud of it. Also I made sure to hit it up regularly because it was fast.

Granted. it was really easy to google fu.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I was very proud of it. Also I made sure to hit it up regularly because it was fast.

It kinda went a bit too far, as far as "when it's an investigation / puzzle mission, YOU MUST DO A LOT OF WORK." They felt more tedious than anything.

Still, I did solve one mission myself. The one that starts in the motel where you have to spell out the words with runes. I did all the translation myself, still have it in my (physical) notebook and everything. I should just drop the page in a church some day and freak everyone out.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

It kinda went a bit too far, as far as "when it's an investigation / puzzle mission, YOU MUST DO A LOT OF WORK." They felt more tedious than anything.

Still, I did solve one mission myself. The one that starts in the motel where you have to spell out the words with runes. I did all the translation myself, still have it in my (physical) notebook and everything. I should just drop the page in a church some day and freak everyone out.

Yeah, I did the one in the Orochi camp in Blue Mountain. Terminals, sneaking, and numeric sequences. Also knowing binary.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    For some reason, most of the worst investigation missions are in the first few zones.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    My question is, and I don't know if these has been addressed already, if the original game is remaining intact, will any new content produced for Legends be propagated across both versions? Like, if they make a new dungeon, will there be a SWOriginal and SWLegends version, the only difference being how player combat operates? Or will all new content be Legends specific? I would assume the latter, but if both versions of the game are broadly similar...

I kept a notebook too! I was really trying to solve puzzles on my own early on, but by the 3rd part of Kingsmouth I had fallen back on google. Then I just used my notebook to make notes of story and lore elements.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    My question is, and I don't know if these has been addressed already, if the original game is remaining intact, will any new content produced for Legends be propagated across both versions? Like, if they make a new dungeon, will there be a SWOriginal and SWLegends version, the only difference being how player combat operates? Or will all new content be Legends specific? I would assume the latter, but if both versions of the game are broadly similar...

I kept a notebook too! I was really trying to solve puzzles on my own early on, but by the 3rd part of Kingsmouth I had fallen back on google. Then I just used my notebook to make notes of story and lore elements.

They said they are going to exclusively focus on TSWL. TSW servers are going to stay up but no new updates will be coming. They are basically done with TSW at this point.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay, yeah, tracked down a more in-depth FAQ. Future content will be free/for Legends. Bummer. All my character progressions!

Still, there is also word that Season 2 will start this year, so that eases the pain. The story and lore is what I started playing for.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Okay, yeah, tracked down a more in-depth FAQ. Future content will be free/for Legends. Bummer. All my character progressions!

Still, there is also word that Season 2 will start this year, so that eases the pain. The story and lore is what I started playing for.

Yeah, coming this year, and I'm sure it will be on time. They wouldn't announce they're launching new content and then deliver it two years late.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I heard they also have season 3 planned out already. This is gonna be a weird transition but they seem confident so hopefully this all turns out for the best.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Oh man I think my favorite puzzle was one where I entered a room with some braziers, each with the the name of a planet/celestial body in latin. I was all, "Pfft, shit dawg I got this. Just gotta put these bad boys in the correct orbit!". So I arrange them; sun, mercury, venus, luna, earth, mars, jupiter, etc, etc. Nothing happens. I am confused. I fucking double check all the names to make sure I got them right, switch earth and luna around, and try again. Nothing happens.

I spend a solid 20 minutes staring at this thing going, "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?", when finally it clicks!

The god damn heliocentric model didn't really take off until long after the Roman Empire was done and gone. I had to arrange everything with the fucking Earth at the center!

Touché game, touché.

Another favorite was one of the first ones in which you had to die, NOT respawn, and then find clues in your phantom form.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I really liked the one where you had to google the ISBN of a book, and then use the title for...something, I forget

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    A fan-run TSW podcast, Beyond the Veil, talked to Tilty earlier tonight and got a lot more details. Going to quote from this summary from the TSW forums.
    Mechanize wrote:

Post Stream Information Dump
    This is all the info I could gather during the Holomedia Beyond the Veil stream (links at the end).

If you see any error or typo: please inform me and I'll fix it ASAP.

General
    - Not everything is set in stone and they want the feedback from the community.
    - There will be a new type of content, not disclosed yet.
    - The level progression will be comparable to an automatic distribution of SPs.
    - They were told to stay quiet in the last months to avoid info leaks.
    -- Now they'll try to stay open and talk as much as they can with the community through all the channels.
    - They want people to feel to belong to a faction not to "not belong" to the others.
    - Region Locked: he needs to check with the product manager.
    - At the beginning SWL will be only available on Steam.
    - Tatoo parlor still on the wish list but not really.
    - A lot of rewards will be personal, you can trade tehm, loot is personalized.
    - No offline play, but more control on when to see the other players.
    - Controller support is a big MAYBE, some things they have done have controller support in mind but they don't want to hinder mouse and keyboard use.
    -- For sure it will not be Full controller support but partial.
    - HQs will still be in the cities but they will be less important as hubs.
    - "Noob friendly" is related to the introduction to the game and explanations on how the game works not on dumbing it down.

Season 2
    - They are not actively working on season 2 right now, but have it already planned out.
    - In season 2 there will be different sides instead of/in addition to the current ones.
    - They haven't replaced the lead writer yet, they work sometime with Josh.

Dimensions and MUs
    - There will only be one dimension in SWL.
    - Meet Up is still a thing.
    - Instances access gives priority to you and your group to be together.

PC Requirements
    - UI is still flash based
    - Increasing the default settings of the game, but the optimization should allow it.
    - If you can run TSW you will be able to run SWL at a better framerate.

Streaming Ones
    - It will be on the 7th of April, 2017.
    - There will be both the CMs and Tilty.

TSW
    - Didn't really talk about its future.

Camera
    - It will use the reticulate mode, but it has been reimplemented from the start.
    - It has nothing to do with the current implementation.
    - It supposedly makes combat feel better.
    - It gives weight to the combat and makes it a lot less floaty.
    - It highlights the way the game looks.
    - It makes dodging easier.
    - Tilty says to not be worried.
    - There's a lot more visual feedback for example on when to dodge.
    - Free Camera to take screenshots: Nope. It would allow to see too much hidden stuff.
    - Reticule will be the only mode, no more Tab targeting.

Mods/UI
    - Most of the popular mods are being integrated.
    - Most of the UI is being changed and updated.
    - New things have to be displayed.
    - They want to keep it simple but give most of the info.
    - Most of the mods will not be working because of the changing to the UI and API.
    - SWL will allow and encourage mods and modders.

Ranking system
    - The rewards will be changed.
    - Vault data access: Not at launch and probably not related to the faction Rank.

Patron
    - Can't talk about it yet.
    - There will be a blog about the patronage bonuses.

Chat
    - Less emphasis on chat, hiding it away when there's no activity in it.
    - Not changed much, it's secondary to everything else being worked on.
    - #sanctuary, #pvp, #event, #noobmares -> no plans about them.
    - Mandatory global chats will not work because the backend really don't support them.

Character Customization
    - Redone a lot of the faces.
    - More base faces available and they look better.
    - The interfaces has been revamped with more styles and more choices.
    - New hairstyles.
    - Better integration between hats and hairstyles.
    - Body options are the same because there are already 6k clothes available and they couldn't rework all of them.
    - They did something to the bodies but "we will find out".
    - There are new outfits too.
    - Character name filters will probably be made more lenient but they don't really know as of now.

RP
    - SWL story will probably start in 2017 and not 2012 but we'll have more news later.
    - They are adding RP specific features.
    - A full section of Agartha is dedicated to Role Playing.
    - The silly outfits are part of the game and they will stay.

Cabals
    - Didn't do much with cabals as of now.
    - Improving them is on the wish list.

Lore
    - It will be, for the most part, at the same locations - some will be moved.
    - There are changes to it, more info later.

Char slots
    - They didn't really talk about it, probably more than one.

Name Reservation
    - Only one name.
    - Cabal names will not be able to be reserved because it's too complicated to know who owns the name now (The cabal leader? Someone else?).
    - They will be open to help in case of griefing .

Teleportation/Anima Leap
    - Still in the game.
    - More anima wells around the playfield.

Beta
    - The Beta has started and there are selected few people playing it now.
    - Tomorrow will be a big wave of invites going out.
    - They'll try to keep the number of players fairly high, inviting more people.
    - For 2 weeks big waves of invites.
    - Several Beta fases, beta wipes and beta focused on some specific stuff.
    - Beta will be wiped a lot of times.
    - Open Beta at the end before the launch, the progression will most likely carry over.
    - GMs and subs will not have preferred treatement with the invites.
    - They want the most diverse player base possible for the beta.
    - The beta is under NDA.
    - There's a beta private forum.

Launch
    - No public date for the full launch, but they have a plan for it.

Quests & Story
    - They changed how the quests move and what you need to have (trigger) before moving from a quest to another.
    - Mission and cutscenes are the same.
    - Missions in the Scorched Desert have been reworked, improving the why and the when things happens, making them make more sense.
    -- Ex. Dust to Dust was sending you across the playfield, now you have less running around.

Housing
    - It depends a lot on how much success the relaunch has.
    - The museum was created with the intention to give a personal spot and for now it is all the housing we will get.

Museum
    - There will be one in SWL.
    - You have to redo it from the start.
    - No more 10k kills.
    - Easier to find the stuff you need because you get it while levelling.
    - Better rewards: it would imbalance the game having them unlocked from the start so they can't transfer it from TSW to SWL.
    - There will be more customization and personalization in the future.

Clothing and Achievements
    - Certain achievements will be carried over from TSW.
    - A lot of the clothings and Achievements will not be available in SWL but you can carry them from TSW and they will became a sort of perk.
    - Cloths bought with pax at pangea might not be transferred but the decision will be made later.
    - You will need to achievement related clothes.
    - Halos will most probably be resetted.
    - Probably not all the titles will transfer over, but most of them should.
    - Steam achievements: didn't thought about it. At all.

Vanity Items
    - Everything you got, or at least most of it, should be transferred.
    - A period after SWL is live you will have the ability to link your TSW account to your SWL one.
    - When you link your account it takes a snapshot of your stuff and they'll tell you what you can transfer.

Whispering Tide
    - There will be a new whispering tide event.
    - It is not going to take 6 months because the content is already there.

Weapons
    - You have to choose 2 weapons at character creation.
    - All abilities from these weapons will be accessible (but you will have to unlock them).
    - You need to buy the other weapons with IRL money/in game curriences.
    -- If you own any TSW version you have them all unlocked from the start.
    - The more you use a weapon the better you become with it.
    - You can unlock all the weapons ( TSW owners have them already without buying new Weapon Pages ).

Weapon Pages
    - They are part of the presentation of the ability window.
    - They trimmed down some abilities.
    - For free user, for who join without a TSW game, they need to be bought.
    - Aux weapons: they don't know what they'll do with them as of now but they want to keep them.
    - Each weapon page you finish unlocking gets you one or more permanent buffs.
    -- More weapon pages you finish the stronger the buff gets.

Ability Window
    - Each weapon has an actual identity and feel unique.
    - Each ability is useful for the weapon it is from.
    - Decks within the weapons.
    - Tree with Healing side, dps side etc
    - You will be able to get all the abilities.
    - Passives are split in 2 variations:
    -- Always active: when you unlock them they keep affecting your character.
    -- Weapon related: They only affect one weapon and do drastic things.

Leech healing/Tank healing
    - Should still be possible.

Combat
    - AEGIS are being changed drastically
    -- They will talk more when tokyo will come nearer.
    -- Redesigned to actually being fun.
    - No auguments (I'm not sure if I got this right).
    - AEGIS and auguments were used as a kind of reset of progression and now they don't need it anymore.
    - It's recommended to use the classic three roles, but it's not mandatory and you can still use hybrid roles.
    - There still will be decks ( and there will be decks outfits to unlock ).

PvP
    - Shambala is coming because it is not faction specific.
    - The main reason is the possibility of problems with faction balance.
    - They want feedback from people about pvp.
    - Based on how it will go they'll decide what to do moving forwards.
    - They could decide to mantain a location (the map) but use a different a minigame.
    - If all the factions are healthy they could decide to have a faction related minigame.
    - They plan a new type of system on season 2 with different teams instead of the current ones.
    - They want pvp to be about skills and ability to see what's happening around the player, so even people with bad gear can have fun and play.
    - Shambala not know rewards, they haven't decided yet because the rewards in general are being reworked.

Signets
    - They will still attach to talismans.
    - They will be a lot stronger.
    - Much more different effects and abilities.
    - There are new signets.

World Bosses
    - Still there.
    - Guardian of Gaia will change a bit, they will happen in Agartha.

Agartha
    - Lots of people.
    - You will be able to advertise when you have mega bosses to summon.
    - Lots of events (like mega bosses) will happen here.
    - Better framerate because the playfield is being optimized to have a lot of people and the megabosses.
    - Fights here should be more similar to Hatekeeper and Flappy experience.

Gear
    - Still working on it, more info later.
    - The Wood Cutter will not be included in SWL (speculation, not discussed yet).

Scenario
    - There will still be scenarios in SWL.
    - Less time consuming.
    - Composed by little action sequences you can do.

Raids
    - They have more granuality on difficulty levels, so some stuff is going to be more challenging then the current NMs and some stuff will be easier.

Monetization
    - You can buy everything with ingame currencies, because everything is tradable.
    - All vanity will be able to be traded with other players.
    - You can potentially get everything without spending any IRL money.

Info Propagation
    - They plan on making Blogs with info and stream.

Supernal Diode etc
    - Original idea was to use them as ingredients for legendary 3rd age weapons for each of the nine weapon types.
    - The skins released were originally to use for these weapons.
    - Several stages of crafting and each different weapons required different bosses to drop stuff.
    - This has all been dropped now.

Links:
    P1:
    P2:
    P3:

The expanded information makes me feel... slightly less horrible about this? I'm still coming down on the side of negativity though, for the moment.

• Options
    I'm sooooo glad they didn't do that diode thing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Honestly, that was kind of what I was expecting the diode thing to have been. That would have been an awful, unpleasant grind

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Wait, the UI is Flash based? Holy shit that explains a lot.

Henroid on
  • Options
    So that faq is ambiguous. F2p players only get the two starter weapons, and then have to pay through the nose in either time or money for the rest. But it's unclear what that "weapon page" thing for legacy players means. Do we still need to ante up?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So that faq is ambiguous. F2p players only get the two starter weapons, and then have to pay through the nose in either time or money for the rest. But it's unclear what that "weapon page" thing for legacy players means. Do we still need to ante up?

It sounds to me like F2P players need to pay to open them up, while TSW players will have them opened, but then need to spend AP or equivalent to actually unlock the skills. No money required but still some levelling time.

I just got a beta invite so maybe I'll know more in a few hours, although I haven't read the NDA too closely, so I don't know if I'd be able to post about that here.

• Options

It sounds to me like F2P players need to pay to open them up, while TSW players will have them opened, but then need to spend AP or equivalent to actually unlock the skills. No money required but still some levelling time.

I just got a beta invite so maybe I'll know more in a few hours, although I haven't read the NDA too closely, so I don't know if I'd be able to post about that here.

Best to keep it to yourself until the NDA is lifted. Don't want you being prosecuted or anything.

• Options
    They've stated that they are going to try and make sure that as much as possible of items tied to your account: clothing, pets, sprints, etc., carries over from TSW to SWL.

Tilty also said they were probably going to get Season 2 story started late 2017. Whether that means start working on it, or actually having it playable in the game, I'm not sure.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    They've stated that they are going to try and make sure that as much as possible of items tied to your account: clothing, pets, sprints, etc., carries over from TSW to SWL.

Tilty also said they were probably going to get Season 2 story started late 2017. Whether that means start working on it, or actually having it playable in the game, I'm not sure.

I liked the bit they said about 'We have Season 2 planned out". Um, we heard the same thing at launch. They also haven't had a writer on staff for, what, a year now?

• Options
    Yeah, given how long Tokyo took, when they were much better situated to actually work on something like that, I'm not sure season two will actually be ready before 2020. Or the game is dead. Probably the latter

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yet, since taking over, Tilty has always refused to give dates for anything until they were pretty much set in stone. So the fact that he's mentioning a date at all is either a sign of true confidence or true desperation.

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular

I liked the bit they said about 'We have Season 2 planned out". Um, we heard the same thing at launch. They also haven't had a writer on staff for, what, a year now?

Do we have any indication that the writer(s) for the old content will be back on for Season 2 and/or any new content produced? Because if not it's hard to care that much.

It's hard to have much of an opinion about any of this because of how much is vague and up in the air.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    Fiaryn wrote: »

Do we have any indication that the writer(s) for the old content will be back on for Season 2 and/or any new content produced? Because if not it's hard to care that much.

It's hard to have much of an opinion about any of this because of how much is vague and up in the air.

The writers for the launch content are long gone, years ago.

The writer for recent content seemed like a nice guy, I don't want to take a shot at him, but I absolutely did not care for his work. The end of the tokyo storyline was appalling. He will not be back, they will need to hire someone new, and they haven't done that yet.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Personally, I'm all for the revamp now, if just because it's been said Agartha will be reworked to be easier to navigate.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Fiaryn wrote: »

The writers for the launch content are long gone, years ago.

The writer for recent content seemed like a nice guy, I don't want to take a shot at him, but I absolutely did not care for his work. The end of the tokyo storyline was appalling. He will not be back, they will need to hire someone new, and they haven't done that yet.

Didn't Ragnar Tornquist do some of the writing? He's no longer involved?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Ragnar has been gone for quite a while now.

steam_sig.png