As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND - mods close this please

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    $170 for PS3+360 on 11/23

$160 on PS2 on 12/10

PS2 version comes out the month after the PS3/360 Version?

Fuck that.

_J_ on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Omeks wrote: »
    I really don't think Rock Band is going to get pre-orders to the effect where stores will run out, mainly due to the fact that it costs so much and isn't an established franchise yet. Maybe in New York or someplace, but here in the middle-of-nowhere, I'm not too worried.

Besides that, hopefully I can go into my Circuit City that morning and buy it before the place opens and just stash it in my car until Hell is finished. I probably won't actually get to play that weekend at all, however...

Well, if we go by your reasoning, then that would mean that stores won't order a lot of copies. Let's face it, a lot of retailers are going to be iffy ordering a big ticket item like Rock Band, especially considering the release date. They're going to have to factor in shelf space.

I figure that anyone that doesn't actually go out and reserve a copy(whether physically or GS) is going to be sad on black friday. Same thing happened with the first GH.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It feels so good to finally know price and date. Like...srsly.

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mulligan wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »
    My wife was really excited about this game and playing it with me and her best friend in california. She wanted the singing parts because she loves karaoke revolution, but without the voice being heard online she says there is no point for her anymore and she no longer wants to get the game.

wow, your wife sounds like a spoiled brat. have you not taken the necessary measures to make her appreciate what she gets? jesus, man, take a stand and make it clear to her that she WILL play the game, whether she wants to or not.

I'm not sure how to take this.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    mulligan wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »
    My wife was really excited about this game and playing it with me and her best friend in california. She wanted the singing parts because she loves karaoke revolution, but without the voice being heard online she says there is no point for her anymore and she no longer wants to get the game.

wow, your wife sounds like a spoiled brat. have you not taken the necessary measures to make her appreciate what she gets? jesus, man, take a stand and make it clear to her that she WILL play the game, whether she wants to or not.

I'm not sure how to take this.

Are you the wife in question? Cause that would be awesome...ya know..to watch...

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Brue wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    The price is better than the $200 everyone expected, but I'm disappointed it's coming out on Black Friday. I want it the day it comes out, but I don't want to fight throngs of soccer moms.

Also how much is going to cost me to get just drums and the game God damn it

Drums: 79.99
    Game: 59.99 (for 360/PS3)

Oddly it seems that the 360s wireless guitar is $20 more than the PS3's hrmmmmm...

EDIT: $140 for drums + game so 30 more gets u a mic and a guitar.

Where did this information come from?

bruin on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The price for the bundle is too good of a deal to pass up.

But fuck going to stores. I'ma order from Amazon.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    All I have to say is Fuck Yes to there being more Bang Camaro in Rock Band. Push Push Lady Lightning was one of the best songs in Guitar Hero 2, bonus song or not.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    No wireless guitar on 360 yet? Blah. Why are they making it so hard for me to switch to 360 from PS2? I don't want a wired guitar. Probably Microsoft's fault, I'm sure, but it's annoying.

Perhaps I will just get Rock Band for PS2, and I can use my PS2 guitar as a bass. I dunno if online/DLC will be worth it or not.

Strato on
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm fine with wired, since you know, my actual real guitars have wires too.

Not to mention the fact I'm gobbling up batteries at a mental rate these days.

The 360 version is going to come with a USB hub which is cool, having 4 sets of wires trailing all over the floor is going to be more authentically like gigging, I don't want to imagine performing without the constant fear of tripping over the carpet of electrical snakes beneath your feet, keeping yu on your toes.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Exactly. I don't see everyone's problem with wired controllers, really. Wireless is nice, but shit, it's nothing vital. I'm not appalled when I pick up my SNES controller and there's a wire attached, you know?

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    The price for the bundle is too good of a deal to pass up.

But fuck going to stores. I'ma order from Amazon.

At this particular moment, Rock Band 360 is #2 on the Amazon video games bestseller list. Only Halo 3 selling more right now. That makes me feel nice. :D

Rock Band PS3 is at #13, FTOK.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Actually, sometimes in concerts guitarists have their guitars plugged into wireless boxes that they can strap on, making the guitar essentially wireless.

I don't really care about wireless controllers either way, I don't move around very much when I play. Is the PS2 bundle coming with wireless controllers or not?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Few pics here I haven't seen elsewhere... Doesn't really show much of the clothes/etc store, but a few pics:

http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=3158412&sec=IMAGES

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is there a Wii version yet? I really don't want to buy a 360 or PS3. Le sigh.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Does anyone know of a good website to order an import (to the UK) copy of rockband from? PS3 games are usually region free and i don't want to wait until q1 2008.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    tarnok wrote: »
    Is there a Wii version yet? I really don't want to buy a 360 or PS3. Le sigh.

My guess is they'll give some retarded excuse for not having a Wii version, then finally release a Wii version for Rock Band 2 or 3.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Actually, sometimes in concerts guitarists have their guitars plugged into wireless boxes that they can strap on, making the guitar essentially wireless.

Yeah but its just weird.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh god...

Black Friday?

*has terrible, Vietnam Style flashback to the old retail jobs*

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    EnwolfEnwolf Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Have you guys heard of Bang Camaro? I somehow got them in my myspace friendlists, and one of their bulletins just announced their song " Pleasure, Pleasure" is going to be in the game. I listed to it, and I think it'll be fun to play.

One of their guys also did mocap and wrote about it.

http://www.bangcamaro.com/articles24.html

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You sir have just made me so god damn happy, I have been such a huge fan of Bang Camaro since Push Push Lady Lightning and Pleasure Pleasure is probably my favorite tune after that.

I literally just disrupted my whole house hold screaming "FUCKING YES" at the top of my lungs.

God damn I am so much more excited that all the great bonus track bands are in rock band that I don't even give a shit about the main set list anymore (not that I wont love it, just, Its now iceing on the cake)

Fuck, Guitar Hero III.

Enwolf on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I want to take you higher.

Let's make electric fire!

*runs to play GH2*

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

The 360 version is going to come with a USB hub which is cool, having 4 sets of wires trailing all over the floor is going to be more authentically like gigging, I don't want to imagine performing without the constant fear of tripping over the carpet of electrical snakes beneath your feet, keeping yu on your toes.

Does that mean the drums are wired too?

I just sort of started assuming that all next-gen controllers were wireless. It's just much easier to pick up and play that way, rather than having to set up a bunch of stuff. That's all.

Granted, it's not as good when the controller isn't rechargeable. What kind of batteries do the current wireless guitars take?

I would like to give props to Harmonix for making the package come out to $170, when people thought that $200 might be the lowest it could go.

Strato on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Strato wrote: »

I just sort of started assuming that all next-gen controllers were wireless. It's just much easier to pick up and play that way, rather than having to set up a bunch of stuff. That's all.

Granted, it's not as good when the controller isn't rechargeable. What kind of batteries do the current wireless guitars take?

I would like to give props to Harmonix for making the package come out to $170, when people thought that $200 might be the lowest it could go.
    Everything is wired, that's why the bundle comes with a USB hub.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2007
    Everything is wired across all platforms except for the guitar on the PS3.

Considering the wired guitar did not make GH1 or 2 shitty, this is not a big deal. Also, most people's real guitars are wired.

Hooray for 30 bucks cheaper, and being able to use my xplorer for the bassist.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Strato wrote: »

The drums and mic are wired with all versions.

The PS3 version has wireless guitars as standard, the 360 has wired guitars standard, with optional wireless guitars you can buy seperately. This is due to the additional cost of the proprietary wireless tech MS use on the 360, or something. I'm not sure about the PS2/Wii versions. I assume any wireless peripherals use AA batteries, but both my GHII guitars are wired, so I dunno.

Wired worked just fine for me in GHII with two guitars, so I don't want to go wireless if the standard bundle has wired and a USB hub included. Wireless would probably be cooler for crazy over-the-top rocking out and leaping around, but really, how many people actually go all-balls-out-sofa-leaping while playing, at a distance where the cable length might cause a problem? And like I said, with all those peripherals, battery consumption would be a real issue if everything was wireless. You'd need to keep boxes of the things on standby!

Edit: Beat like an old lame donkey.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Every time someone complains about the lack of wireless guitars on the 360, someone always chimes in with, "Well, real guitars have wires." Yeah, and real guitars are heavier, and a lot more difficult to learn.

Wired controllers put me waaayy to close to my TV. Having to deal with extension cords and shit is annoying.

Dirty on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Dirty wrote: »
    Every time someone complains about the lack of wireless guitars on the 360, someone always chimes in with, "Well, real guitars have wires." Yeah, and real guitars are heavier, and a lot more difficult to learn.

So?

A heavier, more solid, realistic controller would be a plus. That's exactly what they look like they are aiming towards with the new Strats.
    Dirty wrote: »
    Wired controllers put me waaayy to close to my TV. Having to deal with extension cords and shit is annoying.

Every time I've played, watched, or seen a video of anyone play Guitar Hero I, II, III or Rock Band, they have deliberately been as close to the screen as possible, so they can actually read the "notes" and keep up. The cables on my GHII Xplorers are just over 9 foot long. 9 feet is "waaayy to close" now?! If you are needing to play more than 9 feet away, you must either;

a) have a sixty inch TV,

b) be playing it on easy/missing half the notes/know the songs from memory,

c) be playing sitting down, in which case, you're doing it wrong.

And in fact, a) doesn't make sense, because I played this round a mate's when he set up his massive fuck-off projector, and everyone was playing just a few feet from it, comfortably, with cable to spare.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'd prefer a wireless guitar simply because I've had too many guitar-controller-cord-related accidents!

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Every time I've played, watched, or seen a video of anyone play Guitar Hero I, II, III or Rock Band, they have deliberately been as close to the screen as possible, so they can actually read the "notes" and keep up. The cables on my GHII Xplorers are just over 9 foot long. 9 feet is "waaayy to close" now?! If you are needing to play more than 9 feet away, you must either;

I don't care about the wired thing personally, but I will say this:

My friend has a ~46" widescreen RP HDTV.

He keeps his consoles on a small media center to the right of the TV.

Imagine stretching the cable all the way from the right side of the bigass tv from the media center all the way to a point where it's comfortable to stand in front of the large TV and be able to see everything.

Suffice it to say that the cable was not long enough...

slash000 on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited September 2007
    I got a USB extension cable for around 5 bucks from monoprice that gave me enough room to rock the fuck out anywhere I wanted in my living room with GHII 360.

This really isn't a big deal.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    syndalis wrote: »
    I got a USB extension cable for around 5 bucks from monoprice that gave me enough room to rock the fuck out anywhere I wanted in my living room with GHII 360.

This really isn't a big deal.

Yeah, good point. I actually recommended getting a PS2 extension cable to my friend. But he went and bought a wireless guitar instead anyway.

Meh well. Like I said. I don't much care if there are cables or not.

slash000 on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    slash000 wrote: »

I don't care about the wired thing personally, but I will say this:

My friend has a ~46" widescreen RP HDTV.

He keeps his consoles on a small media center to the right of the TV.

Imagine stretching the cable all the way from the right side of the bigass tv from the media center all the way to a point where it's comfortable to stand in front of the large TV and be able to see everything.

Suffice it to say that the cable was not long enough...

If he's already spending umpteen hundred dollars on a giant fucking TV, a $10 USB extention cord isn't going to break him.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    yeah no kidding.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I am going to create everyone I know on Character Creation....

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I'd prefer a wireless guitar simply because I've had too many guitar-controller-cord-related accidents!

I actually just broke my PS2 guitar because my foot was standing on the cord as I stood up. Ripped the thing out of the circuit board - I opened it up and checked.

It's just shit like that and the not having to untangle/put away the cord all the time. I mean, Wavebirds and all the next-gen controllers are awesome because they're wireless. I was just hoping to keep the same convenience, but I understand it has its difficulties.

At any rate, I'm planning to get the PS2 GH3 package so I can get the wireless guitar there as a replacement for my broken one. Luckily a friend left her guitar over here, so I have just been playing on that for the meantime.

I guess here's sort of what I was expecting on the instruments: the middle part of the 360 controller with the Xbox button, the wireless transmitter, and a spot to put in the 360 rechargable battery pack. That makes sense to me. But it was just a dream.

Strato on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    My friend's guitar was broken.

Dog chewed right through the cable.

I actually managed to take off the insulation off of the copper wires, splice them, then cover them back up with electrical tape. Works like new.

But it's got an ugly lump of electrical tape on it now.

slash000 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    davidbarry wrote: »
    Have you guys heard of Bang Camaro? I somehow got them in my myspace friendlists, and one of their bulletins just announced their song " Pleasure, Pleasure" is going to be in the game. I listed to it, and I think it'll be fun to play.

Bang Camaro's "Push Push" was one of my favourite songs in GH2. More Bang Camaro can only mean good things.

Edit: I had no idea the guitarist from Bang Camaro was from Harmonix, or that Bang Camaro employs anywhere from 10 to 20 vocalists to sing during live shows. (Gang vocals FTW) Cool points +2.
    Are you aware that most of the 'extra songs' bands from GH1 and 2 have band member or more that work(ed) at/for Harmonix?

Bang Camaro
    Freezepop
    Count Zero
    The Acro-Brats
    Anarchy Club
    That Handsome Devil
    Vagiant
    Made in Mexico/Megasus
    Honest Bob...
    The Amazing Crowns
    The Breaking Wheel (formerly known as Artillery)

All of the above are connected to Harmonix. I am not surprised that any of these groups will be in Rock Band. I do look forward to some, but absolutely dread the Mexico/Megasus/Vagiant triumvirate.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    davidbarry wrote: »

Bang Camaro's "Push Push" was one of my favourite songs in GH2. More Bang Camaro can only mean good things.

Edit: I had no idea the guitarist from Bang Camaro was from Harmonix, or that Bang Camaro employs anywhere from 10 to 20 vocalists to sing during live shows. (Gang vocals FTW) Cool points +2.
    Are you aware that most of the 'extra songs' bands from GH1 and 2 have band member or more that work(ed) at/for Harmonix?

Bang Camaro
    Freezepop
    Count Zero
    The Acro-Brats
    Anarchy Club
    That Handsome Devil
    Vagiant
    Made in Mexico/Megasus
    Honest Bob...
    The Amazing Crowns
    The Breaking Wheel (formerly known as Artillery)

All of the above are connected to Harmonix. I am not surprised that any of these groups will be in Rock Band. I do look forward to some, but absolutely dread the Mexico/Megasus/Vagiant triumvirate.

What?

Vagiant rules.

Don't lump them in with the other two.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Either this or GH3 needs Catch Hell Blues by The White Stripes

YardGnome on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What?

Vagiant rules.

Don't lump them in with the other two.
    It's probably because I can't stand 'Riot Grrrl' that it bugs me. It just sounds like Punk for 14 y.o. girls in a band you'd find opening for the Spice Girls or something.

But, I would rather they return than either Mexico or Megasus. Those two can die in a fire. I get the feeling that HMX tries to pick even worse songs than before for Mexico that they'll find something that will top Red Lottery for sheer ass.

Santa Claustrophobia on