As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Featuring houses August 20th

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Encounters with Merveil, Brutus, Captain Fairgraves and other bosses have been made more intense and surprising.
    It has come to our attention that many of you are unhappy you only start dying to Vaal. Well fear not, now Act I bosses will kill you.

Yeah. Adding new ways to die is the opposite of progress.

Can't tell if sarcastic. I'm terrible at this game so not necessarily excited about this change.

Keeps it fresh. New monster patterns to learn, hopefully more engaging boss fights. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go HC or standard this time

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Always HC. Always.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/985838

More expansion information. Glad I misread the thing about Master limits.

The changes to crafting are also <3. Providing a guaranteed means to 6 links is all the sensible.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Also:

"Almost all skills have dropped in mana cost."

Pretty good.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    With regards to the mana leech changes, dropping the mana cost is very welcome.

Rangers is one class that suggered huge losses from the leech change, being that getting a big enough mana pool to leech back the required amount each hit was borderline insane. Speaking from my own experience, to support split arrow, one of the cheapest skills, in a 5L at 4% leech required +mana on just about every piece available.

Rofflor on
    76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Encounters with Merveil, Brutus, Captain Fairgraves and other bosses have been made more intense and surprising.
    It has come to our attention that many of you are unhappy you only start dying to Vaal. Well fear not, now Act I bosses will kill you.

Yeah. Adding new ways to die is the opposite of progress.

Can't tell if sarcastic. I'm terrible at this game so not necessarily excited about this change.

Was not sarcastic. I think the desync issues make the existing boos fights intense and surprising enough.

Once GGG fixes those issues, I would be fine with adding more complications and surprising aspects to the boss fights.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Well, it just took me 250 chromes to get GGBB on some armor/eva boots. Sign me right up for the masters anti-RNG.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    So anyone interested in planning out some complimentary characters that we only play together? We could have side chars that do separate things, but it would be fun to have a synergy group to run with

• Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    On standard I just IDed a iLvl 74 leather belt with +30 max life, 328 armor, 41 fire, 39 cold and 44 lightning. I'm looking at POE but the buyouts are for ones that have even more life and other crazy mods.

Is it worth 10+ exalts or not?

• Options
    poe.xyz buyouts do not tend to reflect what you can get for an item - if an item is on there for a while, at a certain price, it's because it's not selling.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    imo 30 life is too low for that belt to be worth a ton

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    The armor roll isn't relevant either I guess.

• Options
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    The armor roll isn't relevant either I guess.

The armor roll is still quite nice. It's not a multiple exalt worthy item, but it's probably worth like 6-8 chaos

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    well it's still standard, so at least charge 1 ex

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for the help guys.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    So anyone interested in planning out some complimentary characters that we only play together? We could have side chars that do separate things, but it would be fun to have a synergy group to run with

I'm still learning a lot about builds, but I'm down for something like this.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options

I price things to move.. and that belt is not worth 1ex in any league

• Options
    Screenshot of Forsaken Masters Socket Crafting

You want six linked sockets?

We can give you six linked sockets.

For a price.

• Options

you lack the unawareness of a true standard player

if people question the price say 1ex minimum everything no lowball noob

then call them poor when they don't buy it

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

you lack the unawareness of a true standard player

if people question the price say 1ex minimum everything no lowball noob

then call them poor when they don't buy it

I could get people to buy my things by convincing them to feel bad if they don't buy my things?

Brilliant.

• Options
    neg their character's shoes

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    say their mtx looks pretty good for being on sale

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
  • Options
    Rampage League
    Built entirely around the notion of maintaining a kill-streak Rampage League players will grow faster in attacks, faster in movement, and stronger as they keep their Rampage alive. You'll have 5 seconds between kills to keep it going, and as you hit the many tiers of Rampage, different effects can be triggered. One that Chris mentioned were Novas: these can stun all enemies, explode all enemies, or even summon spirit weapons to defend you. But one o Chris' favorites is the Cyclone at kill-streak 325. If you manage to keep the streak alive for that many enemies, all nearby corpses will explode, creating a cacophony of gore that's just a sight to behold.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Servers are going down in about 20 minutes so they can add the new supporter packs.

Edit: New Supporter Packs

_J_ on
  • Options
    The Hall of Grandmasters

The Hall of Grandmasters is a Unique Map that contains versions of characters submitted by Grandmaster Supporters. After purchasing the Grandmaster Supporter pack, you can email design@grindinggear.com to nominate one of your characters. It will be exported from the live servers and then imported into the Hall of Grandmasters Unique Map in a subsequent Path of Exile patch.

When players enter the Hall of Grandmasters, they must fight against waves of exiles submitted by the Grandmasters. The Grandmasters appear in a random order, but if a supporter purchases multiple packs, it's possible to have several of your Grandmasters in the same wave. Note that Grandmaster Supporters don't automatically get access to compete in this Map - they must find it like any other player. While the Hall of Grandmasters is a Unique Map and hence limited in availability, it's designed to be a common one so that end-game players can relatively easily trade for it to have a chance to beat the Grandmasters. It offers rewards based on how many waves of Grandmasters were defeated. If you want it to be more challenging, submit a character!

We're expecting to see some really interesting builds and build combinations, such as players taking advantage of Cast on Death! When you specify which character to export, make sure that it's wearing all the microtransaction effects that you want it to have. It's okay to nominate a pet you own for it to spawn with.

The Hall of Grandmasters will be added to Path of Exile within a few weeks of Forsaken Masters' launch, once we have an initial group of Grandmasters set up.

I want / expect some level 100 build decked out in mirror gear with some insane dagger to make this very difficult for everyone.

• Options
    It's a very neat way to compel folks to spend $500.

If I had $500 laying around, I might give it to GGG in exchange for their adding one of my characters to the game.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    logged on expecting to have some housing to play with just to see that the update isn't actually for a while yet.

false advertising thread title plz fix.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Frei wrote: »
    logged on expecting to have some housing to play with just to see that the update isn't actually for a while yet.

false advertising thread title plz fix.

There ya go

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    haha thank you.

but it cannot take away the pain from my excitement being crushed for a short moment.

I'm pumped though. update looks great.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I am gonna have to play this game again. shit!

but also: fuck yeah

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    After updating to the supporter pack patch today, my computer was completely boned following the next bootup (couldn't load explorer on startup, had to run everything through task manager).

I absolutely don't think there's anything wrong with PoE, so not a warning, but has anyone tried anything like that due to the PoE installer? Like, some piece of software or whatever that doesn't play nice with PoE? It's not a PoE issue, but maybe something about how the program does things made something else freak out, you know? The system restore point was right after the patch install, and it's basically the only thing I've done today.

Just curious, since I'd prefer to avoid that again, and I'm sort of holding out on re-patching after a system restore, so maybe there's something I need to purge with fire before doing so.

EDIT: I started another staff build yesterday, in actual PoE news. Old-fashioned groundslam thing, going for some crit and a bit of block, probably want to use Abyssus/Lightning Coil, etc. Probably won't be great, but I like the idea of a melee staff user.

EDIT again: Fuck it, I'm playing.

Grislo on
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I should come back and try PoE again, I've gotten a dozen HC characters to act 2-3, but I've never beaten the game, and I usually die between level 20-30. Once I die in HC I lose all interest in that specific character and don't really want to continue playing them :(

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
  • Options
    Since they'll be trying to curb crit/crit dagger builds a bit next patch, any takers on a bet that they might introduce straight up crit immune monsters, either as a base type along the way, or as a rare mod this time?

• Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    Since they'll be trying to curb crit/crit dagger builds a bit next patch, any takers on a bet that they might introduce straight up crit immune monsters, either as a base type along the way, or as a rare mod this time?

To minimize the effectiveness of high crit builds they would need to make crits detrimental, rather than not advantageous. A few crit immune monsters would not solve the perceived problem.

Maybe a mod where a mob reflects damage on crit? Even that doesn't seem to really address the issue.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    That's basically just normal reflect, which is made worse by crits, depending on build/items anyway.

I think all they're actually going to do is diminish change/multiplier on the tree. There's talk about removing the flask recharge on crit mod, and apparently Bino's is getting nerfed, if that leak is true, so they're maybe touching some specific uniques - which could carry over to daggers in general, if they've really got their claws out, but I kinda doubt that.

Grislo on
  • Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    That's basically just normal reflect, which is made worse by crits, depending on build/items anyway.

I think all they're actually going to do is diminish change/multiplier on the tree. There's talk about removing the flask recharge on crit mod, and apparently Bino's is getting nerfed, if that leak is true, so they're maybe touching some specific uniques - which could carry over to daggers in general, if they've really got their claws out, but I kinda doubt that.

I am curious about the changes they made to health. More health accumulated per level and less health nodes on the tree. Cautiously optimistic about that change.

• Options
    A single can't be crit mob probably wouldn't matter much, what about a totem or aura that did that?

• Options
    if they remove surgeons my preorder is canceled

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*