As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

GIANT BOMB Has Been Rated

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I'd read it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Oh my god give me Max's Big Day written by Vinny Caravella please

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    my biggest hope is COD: Ghosts bombs and those people do something different with their lives

Xehalus on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    why

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Xehalus wrote: »
    my biggest hope is COD: Ghosts bombs and those people do something different with their lives

I don't think it will ever bomb. I think their sales may eventually decrease, and along with it their budget for future games. There will be a few years of decreasing quality in COD titles.

Xehalus wrote: »

A lot of people still love those games and you being bored of them doesn't mean those people should all lose their jobs

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    no don't you see call of duty is everything wrong with video games and are totally bankrupt

every time i see a call of duty game sold well i cry bitter tears for the death of creativity

6F32U1X.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i learned to hate call of duty when i tried to sleep in a dorm in late 2011

so much loud homophobic/homoerotic shouting

Antimatter wrote: »
    i learned to hate call of duty when i tried to sleep in a dorm in late 2011

so much loud homophobic/homoerotic shouting

My roommate in college played so much gears 1 (6 hours a day for nearly the whole year) that I still have an involuntary reaction to sound effects from that game

Took me like 5 years to try the second one, even though I liked the game

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Expose someone to Call of Duty long enough, they will learn to hate. They become a carrier.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    It's pretty tasty

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I was hoping that typing cod of duty into google would give me a load of warfish. None of that, except a minecraft screenshot about shooting fish in a barrel.

Also the last posts on the previous page combined in my head to be a Vinco childrens book about alpaca profiling. I'd read it.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
    how long until call of duty zombies/aliens becomes kaijus in the shape of cods

PNk1Ml4.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i learned young that hating call of duty feels good

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I take it back, it was not minecraft, but actually http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121853-CoD-of-Duty-Shoots-Fish-in-a-Barrel

That seems pretty funny.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    I think it's very likely that Call of Duty: Ghosts will be the best-selling game of this year.

I think it's also very likely that the best-selling version of that game will be the Xbox 360 one, which is also going to be the worst one.

EDIT: ahaha wait no the 2nd best selling because GTA5 came out this year right

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    It's only Call of Duty, Raiden. They don't actually get hurt.

But they still feel pain. Without that, it just isn't realistic enough.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I take it back, it was not minecraft, but actually http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121853-CoD-of-Duty-Shoots-Fish-in-a-Barrel

That seems pretty funny.

Here's the Yogscast playing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kno6jfYK_WU

HugmasterGeneral on
    SimBen wrote: »

i go back and forth on this and also how this number will be calculated given that CoD has more platforms and the upgrade path may end up counting as two copies for the game

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Redbox'd Black Flag

There is an Abstergo Entertainment logo right after Ubisoft on start-up yessss

CYpGAPn.png
    T4CT wrote: »

i go back and forth on this and also how this number will be calculated given that CoD has more platforms and the upgrade path may end up counting as two copies for the game

GTA5 is still gonna come out on top no matter how you cut it.

sig.gif
    I'd be surprised if more than a million (of the probably maybe 20 million or so) of the CoD sales are PS3 to PS4 upgrades.

sig.gif

see i don't know if that's true

CoD consistently sells huge numbers and based on personal experience parents have less stipulations buying their children CoD than GTA

I think GTA deserves to be the best selling this game this year but i really don't know if it will be

rgTkFfO.jpg

6F32U1X.png

CoD consistently sells huge numbers and based on personal experience parents have less stipulations buying their children CoD than GTA

I think GTA deserves to be the best selling this game this year but i really don't know if it will be

I'm not sure what you mean here

Do you mean like

Less misgivings? Or does stipulations have a second meaning and I'm being a dummy

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Redbox'd Black Flag

There is an Abstergo Entertainment logo right after Ubisoft on start-up yessss

Well yes they are the developers of Black Flag, in cooperation with Montreal based video game publisher Ubisoft

PNk1Ml4.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    seems to scale...

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

beg pardon

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    I hope Beyond gets a next gen version. I really feel like that game was limited by current gen only supporting two souls max

with the PS4 I bet they could render nine, maybe even ten souls

beg pardon

GTA is really good!

Despite the fact that Lazlow is a piece of shit

Do you mean like

Less misgivings? Or does stipulations have a second meaning and I'm being a dummy

stipulations isn't quite the word i'm looking for but i couldn't pick the word i wanted

parents care less about buying their kid call of duty than they do about Grand Theft Auto in my experience

both are not good for kids imo but for some unknown reason CoD is the one that wins that battle

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

beg pardon

GTA is really good!

I was really bummed he didnt have his own radio station this time around

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    A piece of shit you get to humiliate in person in the game itself, too. Not that that excuses anything but hey.

sig.gif

Do you mean like

stipulations isn't quite the word i'm looking for but i couldn't pick the word i wanted

parents care less about buying their kid call of duty than they do about Grand Theft Auto in my experience

both are not good for kids imo but for some unknown reason CoD is the one that wins that battle

I got you

I mean it's not new, violence is way below sex and cursing on things that bother parents

I could watch die hard but only the voice edited version

Even though there was all the murderin

The Betman wrote: »

beg pardon

GTA is really good!

I wasn't!

It took me until GTAV to realize Lazlow's an unfunny homophobic misogynistic transphobic overall hateful sack of garbage

6F32U1X.png

beg pardon

i like GTA more than call of duty and since i believe that the fight for best selling game this year will come down to those two I think GTA probably deserves the title more

there are plenty of other games that I think SHOULD sell better than GTA but are never going to

CoD is a game about killing's America's enemies with righteous violent justice. GTA is a game about banging hookers or something.

That's why I let my kids play CoD.

The Betman wrote: »

beg pardon

GTA is really good!

You shouldn't be since he's the worst part of Rockstar by a fucking mile

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Do parents still buy their kids actual games, or do they just throw a gift card at them and say "here". Becuase I'd probably be a terrible parent and do the latter.

This discussion has been closed.