As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PlayStation] - This week: Strider and the Japanese PS4 launch

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Sucks that it doesn't seem like Amazon UK is doing that? Games are region free I'm pretty sure but I've already got a killzone bundle paid for and I've only got 1 game I'm interested in preordered so I'm not really interested in any other launch titles.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I think I might want one of these "play station four" things you kids keep talking about.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    FYI If you order a game from the Amazon PSN store you will get $5 in Amazon PSN store credit and if you buy during the b2g1 sale in an hour and a half you get an additional $5.

So you'd get $10 credit to buy something from the Amazon PSN store and $10 from the pack-in card in the PS4 box to buy something from the normal PSN store.

Indie games all over the place!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    After seeing a review that was kinda lukewarm about Dead Rising 3 on the Xbone I'm glad that launch titles for PsQuattro are looking better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0h3T_Y9B0Y

Also cool trailers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rBAkj5Egok

I do wish there was more launch titles that I was interested in but KZone and AssC4 will keep me going for a bit and I'll finish up my PS3 backlog.

• Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    Whether I take advantage of the B2G1 deal comes down to whether Killzone gets good reviews or not, since that's the only one I'm interested in that isn't already a known quantity

I know Amazon's is only today, but I think Targets continues through the week

• Options
    I would definitely have probably cancelled my AC4 preorder if watch dogs was still gonna be a launch title and I'd have arranged for someone to buy me some games seeing as the console doesn't launch in Europe till the 29th.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Well, that went quick. Lego Marvel and NBA 2K14 are already sold out...

Hopefully they get more stock in soon.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Well, that went quick. Lego Marvel and NBA 2K14 are already sold out...

Hopefully they get more stock in soon.

On amazon? Wow. Glad I got my order in at one minute past the start.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm mobile but I think I mentioned in the OP about how PS4 games cache install data and let you play while they install in the background

Joystiq is saying that you can play Knack seconds after the install process starts, and Killzone in under three minutes

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I am actually pretty relieved that Aus gets the launch a couple weeks after the US does

then I will know if Killzone or Knack are worth getting!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I only played the demo of... Killzone 3? but it was so aggressively stupid, I thought I was playing a tie-in shovelware game of a michael bay war movie. The only good thing about it were the crisp visuals, but everything was brown or gray and it was ugly.

• Options
    Yeah

That's not Shadow Fall

The new one is actually rather colorful which is the only reason I'm taking notice

That and peer pressure, five of my friends are getting a PS4 at launch and they're all getting Shadow Fall so hey

• Options
    zhWIFEA.jpg?1

That's a screenshot from my phone

Using the PlayStation app, which is now live on both iOS and Android

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I do wish there was more launch titles that I was interested in but KZone and AssC4 will keep me going for a bit and I'll finish up my PS3 backlog.

???

ukZjB8j.jpg

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Gatsby, GATSBY!

• Options
    NOSTALGIA SUCKER PUNCH YEAAAH

• Options
    Is that an Australian magazine

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    YOU ARE ALL TOO OLD TO BE READING K-ZONE

GAH

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    I remember reading EXCLUSIVE LEAKED SPOILERS about Dragonball Z when they revealed the truth about Trunks.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The day one patch is available for download if you want to have it ready as soon as you get that shiny PS4 out of the box: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/pc_update/index.htm

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Polygon says that Knack and Killzone aren't very good, for what it's worth:
    Downloadable shooter Resogun is a beautiful bright spot in the PlayStation 4's lineup, and even better, it's free for PlayStation Plus subscribers. But Sony's major AAA launch exclusives are impossible to recommend. Killzone: Shadow Fall is gorgeous but poorly designed and boring for the duration of its campaigns. Sony Japan's Knack is a surprisingly difficult grind, which drags on for too long with too little to say or do.

Contrast gets half a sentence:
    Sony's repeated emphasis on indie titles has borne little fruit for launch outside of the disastrous Contrast, which appears for free on PlayStation Plus.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    from what I've heard of Knack you can play it for 15 minutes and then multiply that experience in your head 45 times

I've heard some mixed things about Contrast

Killzone's meant to be fine

think I'll be picking up AC, Killzone and Lego Marvel

• Options
    I ended up buying NBA 2K14 today

I don't even follow basketball

It just looks so fucking good

• Options
    Jimmy Fallon and Ice-T dicking around with the PS4 camera and Playroom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUUsqhetX4

I think I might buy a camera

Still not decided

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Man, Ice T is doing more to make me want a PS4 in that clip than the E3 conference did.

#pipe on
  • Options
    so I put 10 bucks down on Killzone and Lego Marvel and the EB guys were all make sure you pay it off before the launch! and I'm all siiiggghh

and I relate this story to my dad, he hands me his debit card and says 'happy Hannukah'

so I'm getting three games and an extra DS4 for launch

wheeeeeeeee

• Options
    I just watched that Fallon video

guess

guess I'm buying a camera

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    hrrnnnnng. Frys near me is gonna have 8-12 of them. Could show up at 11 to see if I could end up getting one

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    I'll spend all day tomorrow dusting and getting my entertainment center all gussied up.

The Fed Ex guy never shows up before 6pm so I have plenty of time to drive myself mad.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    I have Lego Marvel, BF4 and KZ sitting at home. A second DS4 is charged and ready to go as well.

I have the 1.5 patch sitting on a thumb stick

And I have rented a goddamn car for today because eff taking the bus at 1 AM with a brand new PS4.

Can you tell I am excited

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Also I have the next 5 days off from work. I booked the time off in August.

My body is ready

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Official PS4 UI walkthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p32bxlX7w6o

Best thing - buying something from the store on a web browser causes the console to automatically come out of standby mode, download the content, and go back into standby mode.

• Options
    My PS4 is at a UPS depot in Nevada. I'm considering stealing a car to go pick it up myself.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if launch titles will have the update on-disc? That's a pretty big download for my home Internet to handle.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I'm in line

People have started going in

I feel like Quint in Jaws

Waiting for my turn

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Best buy charge my card, pulled a ticket off my ps4, and told me to give that ticket back to them at midnight to pick it up

And man, I get that this is just how it works

But the idea that my thing that I have bought and paid for is sitting 2 feet in front of me but I am not allowed to take it is so silly

• Options
    So

Download speeds on this are way faster than on PS3

I blazed through the day one patch like it was fucking nothing

I have a 30 MB connection but even then stuff took a lot longer on PS3

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Mine is the same city as me. But knowing UPS it won't arrive until 7:50 like usual and by then I'll be at work. :'(

• Options
    Does anyone know if 360 controllers work on the One? I haven't held one myself but looking at pictures I don't see why they couldn't work besides Microsoft wanting you to buy new ones.