As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Webcomic Feels

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Well, at least the Berserk OVAs are still coming out and are good.

Are they? I never finished the 25 episode series when I found out that it only covered like one bit of the manga and there weren't any plans for more that would cover the entire rest of it.

I like them. There are currently 3 or 4 out and apparently they are doing the whole series. The first OVA started with Guts' birth and I think now they are right before the Bad Thing happens.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    man

watching the original berserk series on a VHS from the rental store and getting to that finale

and then going online and trying to figure out if there was supposed to be more of it or not

• Options
    FIDUSPAWNFIDUSPAWN Registered User regular
    Does the OVA skipped the part involving Donovan or not?

• Options
    Nope!

• Options
    FIDUSPAWNFIDUSPAWN Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Nope!

I see since I consider that the most shocking part of the manga. :o

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I actually didn't really like the OVAs. They were really disappointing.

They skip past a lot of the character development in favor of all the fight scenes. Aaand the fights are pretty well done, but man.

Like that whole arc has some really fantastic and subtle character writing going on, that HAS to be the top priority of doing an adaptation. Barely any of the fights in that arc are actually that important to the core emotional story.

But istead a lot of that stuff is just reduced more to the broad outlines, which means it's still fun for fans but really doesn't stand as its own thing.

There's still some good individual scenes though, it's just... Coulda been sooo much better.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    PlHCWff.jpg

Luther Levy is NSFW

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    anime thread

did Kill la Kill ep 2 just open with the main character getting raped and no one really caring about it

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    webcomics for the webcomics thread
    sxzbToQ.png

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Dear god JJ

Stop introducing characters

How many Doras do we have now?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    anime thread

did Kill la Kill ep 2 just open with the main character getting raped and no one really caring about it

Oh it took me a moment to remember wtf you'd be referring to

No it was just the doctor guy fixing her up but happening to look like a creeper while he's doing it so she punched him

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Ok, I thought that might be what was happening

I had crunchyroll open in another tab and wasn't paying full attention

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    anime thread

no

Mako's dad is a doctor who was bandaging her up, she just thought he was trying to molest her when she woke up

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    anime thread

no

Mako's dad is a doctor who was bandaging her up, she just thought he was trying to molest her when she woke up

Also there are plenty of other problematic things coming in just a couple episodes.

I love the show.

But it has issues.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    elven-00008.jpg[/url]

This joke has never been done before. Not once.

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    kill la kill is dripping, positively oozing, with gainax style, one of my favorite styles

but I really just can't get over how awful that outfit is, and how tired I am of seeing stuff like it

just don't know if I'll ever get around to episode 2

• Options
    I've only watched like 3(?) episodes, so I can't really say anything definitively

As bad as that outfit is though, the show feels oddly non-exploitative

Like everything is just super over the top and the costume is so bad that it's just played for laughs. Nobody in the show acts for a second like that outfit is anything except incredibly stupid.

Not that it wouldn't be a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better show without that whole stupid thing, cuz dang it's dripping in style otherwise and main girl vs evil dictator girl is actually a pretty fun rivalry. It makes me facepalm at its immaturity pretty hard, but it hasn't actively pissed me off from it being offensive, if that makes sense.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    HF2sURz.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    elven-00008.jpg[/url]

This joke has never been done before. Not once.

Roaches don't have red blood. Their blood analogue uses copper instead of iron to bind O2 so if anything it's kind of blue.

stupid comic. *flips table, storms out*

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    AGcxVFg.png

Just waggle it already.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    I find it really difficult to enjoy a lot of anime shows because of how they portray women. (The whole madonna/whore thing.)

This is difficult to explain to my brother sometimes, because while I love the dude, he is not so great at social issues or looking outside of his straight white male perspective most of the time. He'll love a show and want to share that happiness with me, but then I google the show and oh hey, the main female character wears a bikini for her main outfit with her breasts hanging out everywhere, jiggling all over while the men all have fully covering outfits. I am no longer interested in this show.

On a webcomics note, does anyone know of any webcomics that have werewolves and awesome werewolf happenings?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    you should all just watch watamote

it's an anime about being an awkward nerdy girl that doesn't fit in

that's it

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Belruel wrote: »
    I find it really difficult to enjoy a lot of anime shows because of how they portray women. (The whole madonna/whore thing.)

This is difficult to explain to my brother sometimes, because while I love the dude, he is not so great at social issues or looking outside of his straight white male perspective most of the time. He'll love a show and want to share that happiness with me, but then I google the show and oh hey, the main female character wears a bikini for her main outfit with her breasts hanging out everywhere, jiggling all over while the men all have fully covering outfits. I am no longer interested in this show.

On a webcomics note, does anyone know of any webcomics that have werewolves and awesome werewolf happenings?

Well if artists werent so expensive thered be at least one.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    See but then I find slice of life anime rather boring. It is a conundrum. There are shows that fit what I want though, I have watched some of them so I know they exist, and that just makes me even less willing to watch the ones that are largely fan service or that make girls into some weird helpless weak creature.

Animes, man.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    See but then I find slice of life anime rather boring. It is a conundrum. There are shows that fit what I want though, I have watched some of them so I know they exist, and that just makes me even less willing to watch the ones that are largely fan service or that make girls into some weird helpless weak creature.

Animes, man.

Have you browsed hulu? Theres a ton of variety Im sure youll find something

• Options
    Oh yeah, when I want to watch one I can find them, the problem is that my brother will be all 'Hey, watch Kill la Kill, it is really cool and I like the style a lot.' and then I google the name and, well.

Also what did you mean by expensive artists, do you have aspirations to make a werewolf webcomic?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    you should all just watch watamote

it's an anime about being an awkward nerdy girl that doesn't fit in

that's it

Please, I watch TV to get away from my real life.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Black Lagoon might float your boat, with regards to anime.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options

Have you read Family Man? (It is NSFW so I can't link it.)

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Black Lagoon might float your boat, with regards to anime.

Is that the one where the protagonist wears denim underwear instead of proper shorts/pants?

Googled it, yep.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah, when I want to watch one I can find them, the problem is that my brother will be all 'Hey, watch Kill la Kill, it is really cool and I like the style a lot.' and then I google the name and, well.

Also what did you mean by expensive artists, do you have aspirations to make a werewolf webcomic?

Id like to yeah.
    Its an idea Ive had for a while and I feel its better suited to a visual medium than a book or short story

• Options

Have you read Family Man? (It is NSFW so I can't link it.)

I haven't, but googling it shows me that the latest page is that comic page up there with the wolf on it, that made me wonder if there was a world of werewolf comics I was missing. I'll definitely check it out.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Have you considered hiring a shitty artist? They're probably cheaper.

I will draw your werewolfcomic for you for £5 and some salt and vinegar crisps.

• Options
    Family Man has less werewolves and more lectures on 18th century theological debate.

• Options
    speaking of (were)wolfcomics, what was that wolfcomic @Mr Fuzzbutt used to post sometimes that had really nice art, and why doesn't he post it any more.

• Options
    people all talking about anime and not mentioning Uchouten Kazoku makes me sad

• Options
    @King Riptor tell me about your werwolf story. Werewolves are the best btw.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Are the werewolves in love?

Werewolf romance.

• Options
    Not gonna lie, if a werewolf happens to find true love somewhere along the way, I will not complain. Who am I to stand in the way of love?

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Family Man is a great webcomic

but one which I feel would not benefit from single page posts in this thread

it deserves to be read in whole chapters

and yeah it has werewolves

but mostly you get into it because of the massive brain boners it gives you

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
This discussion has been closed.