As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm thinking Blood Elf at this point. I don't really care for the shorter races cause their weapons are actually comically big and you can't really see the armor that well in most cases. For some reason I also really like the idea of a tricked out Orc Female rogue. Is there any site you can swap a bunch of gear sets onto a 3D model?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Wow model viewer was a thing but I have no idea as I used that years ago

I would create an alt do the run to ORG and look at the vendor and/or dungeon stuff interface

I really do hope in the character overhaul they fix the comically sized weapons as some of the newer models look more like a realistic size of a weapon instead of them wielding a hunk of iron weighing more than them

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah I'm thinking Blood Elf at this point. I don't really care for the shorter races cause their weapons are actually comically big and you can't really see the armor that well in most cases. For some reason I also really like the idea of a tricked out Orc Female rogue. Is there any site you can swap a bunch of gear sets onto a 3D model?

Maybe just use MogIt to test out some sets on a level 1?

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Which horde race/gender combo makes the coolest rogue? I wanna race change again

Undead female. Goblins (male or female) are a close second.

Well I made an undead female warrior and I forgot how awful warriors were to start with now
    Still I have to think of a name for my monk

I thought undead female warriors were supposed to have great animations

They do I am just talking about how you just get heroic strike until level 10 which makes it not that fun to play a warrior

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Pretty sure that's old warriors, I think they get heroic strike at level 1 now.

• Options
    Problem is that HS is the only thing you have until you get a spec.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Woot! New raid week! Going to push through 13/14 and get some solid attempts on Garrosh if time. Then we will extend the lockout to work on Garrosh a bit on 12/26 (since we normally raid Tue/Wed). I don't even care if we don't down him by 12/26; I just want to see solid progress. The last time we worked on him, we were only able to get maybe 6-7 attempts in, and only saw Phase 2 once.

All the other bosses are well within our capabilities to one-shot, so I'm confident we can get back there pretty easily. Hopefully we get a few more drops that we are missing (Siegemaster trinket PLEASE!)

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »

and it eats rage

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I race changed my Undead Male Rogue to Male Goblin back in Cata, still glad I did. Until those new models come through, he'll remain that way.

Farmed an Orb of the Sin'dorei for whenever I want to look like a Blood Elf (for five minutes every thirty, but /shrug).

• Options

I believe they get Victory Rush at 5 now, and Execute at 7.

Wowhead link

• Options
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I race changed my Undead Male Rogue to Male Goblin back in Cata, still glad I did. Until those new models come through, he'll remain that way.

Farmed an Orb of the Sin'dorei for whenever I want to look like a Blood Elf (for five minutes every thirty, but /shrug).

When I was farming for the pet in Magister's someone wanted to come along for the achievement and a chance at the mount
    When the orb drops they win the roll and complain hey it only turns me into a different blood elf! they thought it would turn you into Kael or something

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I didn't even know Mogit existed! That's super useful

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular

I didn't even know Mogit existed! That's super useful

Be a pretty pretty princess and take the crown from Mirren.

• Options
    MogIt is like crack. Once you start, you find yourself in middle of nowhere hunting down a belt that's only ever been seen by 5 people, one of which you suspect was actually just a cucumber you thought was speaking.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I do need to find a belt to match my Monk T16 Heroic set since the only one that exists drops off garrosh and lulz to that...

Also best race for any melee class that can be a panda is panda. Pandas have super awesome combat animations and have an incredibly detailed model already. No need to wait!

Also they're sneaky huge, which is p great.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Woot! New raid week! Going to push through 13/14 and get some solid attempts on Garrosh if time. Then we will extend the lockout to work on Garrosh a bit on 12/26 (since we normally raid Tue/Wed). I don't even care if we don't down him by 12/26; I just want to see solid progress. The last time we worked on him, we were only able to get maybe 6-7 attempts in, and only saw Phase 2 once.

All the other bosses are well within our capabilities to one-shot, so I'm confident we can get back there pretty easily. Hopefully we get a few more drops that we are missing (Siegemaster trinket PLEASE!)

You mean Dark Shaman Trinket :P

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I do need to find a belt to match my Monk T16 Heroic set since the only one that exists drops off garrosh and lulz to that...

Also best race for any melee class that can be a panda is panda. Pandas have super awesome combat animations and have an incredibly detailed model already. No need to wait!

I've just been using http://www.wowhead.com/item=89565

I like the little floppy dangles.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

I've just been using http://www.wowhead.com/item=89565

I like the little floppy dangles.

I thought about it (well, it's cousin http://www.wowhead.com/item=89564 which is a bit more red), but i'm not a terribly large fan of the 3d belt around the waist since it clips with the tail. The reds don't really match up either. I'm currently using the reddish brown belt from wintergrasp that i had for another transmog set which works alright, but looking for something better.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    there's a bunch of warcraft books for kindle on sale for $2 today

and I guess winter veil has started? with a new random pet from the daily, even though I still don't have the first one after years of trying :/

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I'm so glad MoP is on sale for $10. That's pretty much the only price I could pay into the expansion. Such a hater for a guy coming back to the game. <_<

• Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    So I ran the first wing of SoO today, managed to pick up 4 upgrades, including an Assurance of Consequence. Blew 2 of my 3 coins to get the stuff, but once I equip all the new gear (which I only do once a week, so I don't have to constantly reforge/regem based around a single change) It will be well worth it.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options

and I guess winter veil has started? with a new random pet from the daily, even though I still don't have the first one after years of trying :/

I know you can get the Rotten Little helper as I got it today but for the lump of coal one I don't know if you still need the lump of coal I can trade it or something
    The Grinch goes down fast compared to last year
    THe horde have it so easy to get to him compared to the allaince

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular

Are any of them actually good, relatively speaking? $2 is cheap but I'd still rather not drop money on shitty books. Gotrek and Felix quality is fine.

• Options
    I really do hope they revisit some of the attack and other animations in the character redo in Warlords
    But then I have a feeling we will get the updated art in the pre patch for it

Also like I said I do hope they also redo some of the weapon sizes when it comes to certain races as humans have cartoony sized weapons

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    everyone should have bigger weapons

except belf females who should have even smaller ones

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Checked my guild activity list last night. Of the 250+ members we have, a good 75% have been offline for anywhere from a month to two years. About 20 of us log in weekly.

It's going to be a loooong six plus month wait for those who are sticking around for it.

• Options
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Checked my guild activity list last night. Of the 250+ members we have, a good 75% have been offline for anywhere from a month to two years. About 20 of us log in weekly.

It's going to be a loooong six plus month wait for those who are sticking around for it.

I think they might do something within the next few months to make for the lack of content

But back in the Blizzcon in 2009 where they raved about how far and good they got with making in game movies with the game stuff they really missed out on doing some neat things for people
    Like Garrosh killing Cairne and Garrosh's trial
    It would be awesome if Varimathras is the one that takes Garrosh on his time trip and sets it up so the Orcs don't have to fall to Demonic magic instead of whomever it is

• Options
    Tried the 3-tank strat for 10M Normal Shaman last night. It's fucking fantastic! Half the raid was bitching that it was too easy, but I don't want the 6th boss of the raid being our "farm wipe," especially not when we're still tweaking Thok, Siege, and Klaxxi strats. And we have a Warlock who is still behind the gear curve (it's not his fault).

Still trying a "new" Thok strat for us, and I'm worried we don't have the DPS for the strat just yet (see gearing above). 1-tank, 2-heal; not trying to extend the jailer phases (or w/e you call the phase where he stands in one place and screams). Also, our DPS has always been a bit on the light side with this group.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Tried the 3-tank strat for 10M Normal Shaman last night. It's fucking fantastic! Half the raid was bitching that it was too easy, but I don't want the 6th boss of the raid being our "farm wipe," especially not when we're still tweaking Thok, Siege, and Klaxxi strats. And we have a Warlock who is still behind the gear curve (it's not his fault).

Still trying a "new" Thok strat for us, and I'm worried we don't have the DPS for the strat just yet (see gearing above). 1-tank, 2-heal; not trying to extend the jailer phases (or w/e you call the phase where he stands in one place and screams). Also, our DPS has always been a bit on the light side with this group.

The cool part about the 3-tank strat for Dark Shamwows is that it's also the strat you use for Heroic. Totally agree, it's a wonderful strategy that really eases the fight. Honestly it's one of my favorite fights to tank on Heroic because of that. I'm the Kardris tank, so I run around with most of the raid dealing with Toxic Storms and slimeys. It's super relaxing because it's not very demanding at all, tanking-wise. We get to have some fun with it, like going places that you're probably not supposed to go but doing it anyway.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    What's the strat?

• Options
    Two tanks grab Haromm and swap on high stacks. Keep Haromm in the throne room and drag him around the room. Drop Ashen Walls on the perimeter.

One tank takes Kaldris outside and does laps.

Melee all go in the throne room, ranged all stay outside.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

DPS was fine, people keep dying.

And don't even get me started on Cleanses.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    The alternative on the 3 tank strat we do is to take Haromm up next to the closed gate (that leads to the next section). Gives a little more breathing room if you have a bad wall or toxic stream placement.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    The LFRs were sure bad last night.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Yeah, we take Haromm up the hill and slowly walk him down as he drops walls. For toxic stream, the person targetted just steps off to one side of the path away from the other players. On each move, the tanks run forwards to bring him down, and then backwards to face him back up the hill. Melee piles up on the downhill side.

For Kaldris, the tank has fun trying to put slimes in places they were not intended. Last raid (normal mode) I got a bunch stuck in the bank behind the counter, and also upstairs in the Inn. Lots of fun and easy on the healers.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    The LFRs were sure bad last night.

This is news? :P

Caedwyr wrote: »
    Yeah, we take Haromm up the hill and slowly walk him down as he drops walls. For toxic stream, the person targetted just steps off to one side of the path away from the other players. On each move, the tanks run forwards to bring him down, and then backwards to face him back up the hill. Melee piles up on the downhill side.

For Kaldris, the tank has fun trying to put slimes in places they were not intended. Last raid (normal mode) I got a bunch stuck in the bank behind the counter, and also upstairs in the Inn. Lots of fun and easy on the healers.

I think you've just given our tanks some new games to play when we get back to this next year.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »

And don't even get me started on Cleanses.

It's a Magic effect so I don't know who can do that other than RDruid. I know I can cleanse my own, but it's on a 1min cooldown.

• Options
    PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    Usually monday nights and tuesday nights are best LFR nights, although that hasn't been true for tuesdays for me for several weeks for some reason. But Monday/Tuesday are usually either core ppl looking to get in some alt play before end of week or at beginning of week (before or just after resets obviously).

On the plus side, came into a group wiping on protectors, saw a wipe and new immediately it was a fail tank problem with Rook (and rook's adds) being pulled by one tank directly into raid often to sit next to the other tank. It just turned out to be one of those rare lfr moments where I patiently explained the problem, was politely backed up by other lfraiders, and we proceeded to defeat the boss easy-mode. Fail tank actually listened to strats for Norushen, so that was a one-shot (surprisingly). But of course he ignores advice and sits opposite other tank on Sha and we nearly wipe. We just had enough good dps that a few of us running over to pick up the tank's prison wasnt too much a problem. Oh well, good communication experiences are rare enough in LFR that overall I still consider this a win. he had this really annoying habit of grabbing an add (just one) and pulling it into a corner with himself. Also, he seemed to think the add spawning behind the group needed to be tanked for some reason. Just a really interesting problematic player. Also no gems or enchants for his gear....love it.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    All healers can cleanse magic. Poison, disease, and curse are the other dispellable types and those are class specific (a resto druid with a pally symb can handle them all though).

• Options
    edited December 2013
    The problem with 2-heal is the healers are stressed enough that it's tough for them to also cleanse (at least for our team, right now). I know myself and both Pallies can cleanse ourselves. Not sure about BMonk (but I'm assuming he can), Warlock (iunnospec), Frost DK, Boomy. The healers are DPriest, RDruid. The 10th is either EleSham or RetPal, whom I know can both self cleanse.

Again, I think part of it is getting comfortable with the new strat/setup. We 3-heal more fights than we likely should at this point.

Mugsley on
This discussion has been closed.