As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] I guess there's an Expansion coming out this year ? Maybe ?

1919294969799

Posts

  • DacDac Registered User regular
    I still sometimes go back and watch the Wrath opening cinematic.

    So. Good.

    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    Kevin Crist
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Just read via blue post that a new art blog update is coming on Tuesday. This one will be focused on the garrison art. What was said in the announcement is that Blizzard is trying to compromise with the demand to have each race have their own appropriate architecture for the garrisons. The compromise? Amidst the Durotar / Elwynn style buildings will be things from the other faction races. Though for now those things aren't specified.

    I'll take this though. I mean, I hope it's a little more substantial than I'm thinking. Having to build assets for each race would just add to the dev time, and really Orcs and Humans are the only two races with enough building assets that serve all the functions Garrisons are so-far said to provide.

  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Mmmm... winning pug BGs (and not just AV/IoC) as Alliance feels good.

  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Those BG statistics they released a little while back were hilarious. Alliance was like 80-90% win rate for AV and IoC.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Nobody
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Those BG statistics they released a little while back were hilarious. Alliance was like 80-90% win rate for AV and IoC.
    The funny part was the massive swings in W/L ratio on various maps even without any balance changes. Experienced Horde players downvoting those two maps caused massively better Alliance performance on them, and significant decreases on all the other maps.

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Those BG statistics they released a little while back were hilarious. Alliance was like 80-90% win rate for AV and IoC.

    The blizz pvp guy actually admitted on twitter the issues with both av and ioc...apparently there was a bug that let alliance get out of their keep early on ioc, and they're actually removing the ways alliance used to sneak into fw.


    Granted, both are far too little at this point, both are still botfests horde side, and av's issues are deeper than removing a couple of snow drifts.

  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    2% wipe on Garrosh.

    ffffffffffffffff

  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Did your raid leader say to ignore the mind controls?

  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    and a .6% wipe on Garrosh.


    ffffff.

  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Those BG statistics they released a little while back were hilarious. Alliance was like 80-90% win rate for AV and IoC.

    The blizz pvp guy actually admitted on twitter the issues with both av and ioc...apparently there was a bug that let alliance get out of their keep early on ioc, and they're actually removing the ways alliance used to sneak into fw.


    Granted, both are far too little at this point, both are still botfests horde side, and av's issues are deeper than removing a couple of snow drifts.

    I wonder how they are going to fix the massive hire win rate in all the other ones. No wait I don't.

    steam_sig.png
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Did your raid leader say to ignore the mind controls?

    No, we were breaking mc's. Just lost it at the end both times. Empowered whirling killed 2 of us on the .6% wipe with about 5% left.

    Assuran on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    People have known that the AV map is fucked forever and ever; I actually don't think the map is that unbalanced from the standpoint of a one-off where both sides are just trying to win, but the alliance have a big advantage in terms of winning quickly and that's what everybody is interested in. I have never understood why they don't make the sides random and just flip the NPCs.

    Same thing for IOC to a lesser extent; I doubt a bug that let a few alliance out early is responsible for that big a disparity

    NREqxl5.jpg
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
    Nobody
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    The problem with AV is they pushed the Alliance up long ago from where the use to start off, gave them a huge advantage.

    Plus AV hasn't been good since they changed it into a race. I miss the old AV.

    It was epic.

    orthancstoneNobody
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I was lucky enough to start playing WoW during the transition phase of AV, where doing the mechanics was still useful but the matches no longer took 2 days to finish. I think AV rep was probably the first rep I got to exalted due to how easy it was to get when you were helping win via blood drops.

  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Longest one I was involved in was three days.

    And it was awesome.

    SmrtnikPoketpixieJungleskye
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Yeah, the old AV was awesome and all they needed to change was the reward mechanics.

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    How hard are Challenge modes? I've never done it, but I really want to. My problem is finding people to do it with. Are they puggable if you bring smart players? My main problem is finding a reliable tank to work on them with on a consistent basis.

    I'm a druid healer, 528 ilevel. I know gear scales and ilevel isn't the ultimate determining factor. But I am gemmed out and enchanted, and I've ran the dungeons plenty of times on normal and heroic, so I know the pulls and what not.

    I just really want that transmog druid armor. It's so sick. Especially on a Tauren.

  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    They really aren't puggable, and yes, the hardest part is finding a group to do them. Nobody on my server wants to do them, and if they do, they don't want to bring me as a paladin tank or melee dps.

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Yeah I'd really like to get golds on at least one of my characters before the xpack is over. My dwarf pally would really like that set.

    I'm not sure which sets I really like on my horde guys. Maybe the warlock, that one is pretty cool.

    Maybe we could set up a realID group from here and get some done.

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    If you have a dedicated group they are doable on gold. Class composition plays a significant part in how easy they tend to be when trying for gold. For bronze and silver it is a lot more relaxed.

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I'd certainly be interested in setting up some sort of PA group sometime for CMs. As I said before, I'm a Tauren Druid. I've got a friend who plays Warlock who would be available as well. He does retarded good DPS.

    Lucascraft on
  • sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    I feel like 16 raid bosses in one tier is too many. I would have preferred if they took 4 of the bosses in tier 14, 1 in tier 15, and 2 in tier 16 and make it a half raiding tier for the 12 month gap between expansions. 12 bosses is fine we don't need more than that.

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    sumwar wrote: »
    I feel like 16 raid bosses in one tier is too many. I would have preferred if they took 4 of the bosses in tier 14, 1 in tier 15, and 2 in tier 16 and make it a half raiding tier for the 12 month gap between expansions. 12 bosses is fine we don't need more than that.

    Yeah, with as much FFXIV I've been playing lately, I am kinda leaning toward how SE is doing content. Much smaller raids but content is faster so that it doesn't get as tiring or overbearing. Granted in WoW I only do LFR, but 4 LFR's per tier and each one taking so long is just too much.

    I'd much prefer a 5-6 boss raid tier and 2-3 dungeons to go along with it.

    Not that the way XIV does it is perfect, or without its problems, but there just seems to be a higher focus on individual content and making it super refined instead of just throwing everything at the wall and seeing if it sticks. I just think the dozenth+ massive sprawling raid is just getting tiring.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'd certainly be interested in setting up some sort of PA group sometime for CMs. As I said before, I'm a Tauren Druid. I've got a friend who plays Warlock who would be available as well. He does retarded good DPS.

    Horde I have a DK, Warrior, Rogue, Warlock and Shaman. They are all at varying levels of gearing and none have really done anything since 5.4 went live. Not that it matters for Challenge Modes though, I'd need to get back in the groove of WoW before I attempted CM's but I'd totally be down for it.

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Samphis wrote: »
    They really aren't puggable, and yes, the hardest part is finding a group to do them. Nobody on my server wants to do them, and if they do, they don't want to bring me as a paladin tank or melee dps.


    Which is silly because they are perfectly fine to do as a paladin dps (it's how I got mine done).

  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »
    They really aren't puggable, and yes, the hardest part is finding a group to do them. Nobody on my server wants to do them, and if they do, they don't want to bring me as a paladin tank or melee dps.


    Which is silly because they are perfectly fine to do as a paladin dps (it's how I got mine done).

    Yeah, anyone saying like "Oh [insert class here] is garbage in CMs, we don't want you" is full of shit. You can do Gold with any class, any spec. Now, if you're going for like server best times, that's another story. But just clearing Gold? Yeah, any class can do it.

    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    SmrtnikNobody
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    That's said, ranged has a giant advantage on about 30% of the fights (asscleaves and other assorted melee liabilities), death knights are the best tank for them due to how their ilvls scale their defenses, hybryid dps that can offheal can help a lot, warlocks let you skip certain mechanics to achieve faster run times, and rogues can act as an extra invisibility pot (make sure you bring invisibility pots) which is sometimes but not always desirable.

    Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they did an all right job in MoP of putting in a good mix of fights that were favorable for melee, I thought. Especially with melee's generally-superior survivability.

    I don't get why they keep making the three-instance, 16-boss tier the first tier of the expansion though. Start us off with a nice 12 boss instance and add the bigger tiers at the end

    NREqxl5.jpg
    hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Just got my mage to level 90, the third at max level. My first thought:

    Holy crap, Rune of Power covers a huuuuge amount of ground. I was expecting it to be some "lol 5 yards" thing.

  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    It used to be. It's only gotten bigger recently. Before then, you could only get the buff if you stood directly in the actual rune itself.

    Now you can experience the awful 90 talents yourself.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    It used to be. It's only gotten bigger recently. Before then, you could only get the buff if you stood directly in the actual rune itself.

    Now you can experience the awful 90 talents yourself.

    Honestly the most impressive one I've experienced is Elemental Blast on my shaman. Yes, enhancement. But that 150k to 200k damage it does seems better than "tee hee your lightning shield procs on melee hits <3 "

    And Anticipation hasn't really paid off on my rogue. So thinking about Shuriken just so I have something to fuck around with.

  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I was talking specifically about the mage 90 talents, which a lot of people consider to be the worst in the game. They actively make the class less fun to play.

    I though Ele Blast was good as Enh just because the proc also has a change to be for agility instead of just crit/haste/mastery. Anyway, it looks totally fucking sweet so who cares. Such a badass animation.

    Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Henroid
  • Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    And Anticipation hasn't really paid off on my rogue. So thinking about Shuriken just so I have something to fuck around with.

    A friend of mine did a "Ranged Rogue" build for shits n giggles, and he ended up loving it so much that he convinced another rogue to do 2s with him with it. It worked great on any comp that didn't have a healer that could do good instant cast heals. They were both dying of laughter the whole time in vent, too.

    Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Oh my god, Jard's Peculiar Energy Source is limited to once a day. Blizzard is officially the devil.

    Edit - I'm starting to realize I should only have one of each gathering skill on my server. I have it on characters to support their tradeskills as they level but really, why? This is dumb. I should have one skinner, herbalist, and miner, and then from there all my other characters can do all the crafting stuff. Double or triple up on things. That way I can have a sane supply of shit I want / need.

    Edit Edit - No wait, I need to see what's soulbound.

    Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    And Anticipation hasn't really paid off on my rogue. So thinking about Shuriken just so I have something to fuck around with.

    A friend of mine did a "Ranged Rogue" build for shits n giggles, and he ended up loving it so much that he convinced another rogue to do 2s with him with it. It worked great on any comp that didn't have a healer that could do good instant cast heals. They were both dying of laughter the whole time in vent, too.

    If it weren't for me wanting Nerve Strike I'd have Deadly Throw, and then with Shurikens I'd be a ranged DPSer.

  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh my god, Jard's Peculiar Energy Source is limited to once a day. Blizzard is officially the devil.

    Edit - I'm starting to realize I should only have one of each gathering skill on my server. I have it on characters to support their tradeskills as they level but really, why? This is dumb. I should have one skinner, herbalist, and miner, and then from there all my other characters can do all the crafting stuff. Double or triple up on things. That way I can have a sane supply of shit I want / need.

    Edit Edit - No wait, I need to see what's soulbound.

    AMEN, Brother. Motes of Harmony/Spirits being BoP sucks too, end up with tons on one guy, not enough on everyone else. They should just remove BoP as a whole and convert it to BoA.

    Oh and ehhh. Having more the same gathering skill on more than one guy isn't a total waste. That way you can grab that herb when you're not playing just the one guy. What I need is a herber/miner to do both in one, never got around to doing that.

    Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    Oh my god, Jard's Peculiar Energy Source is limited to once a day. Blizzard is officially the devil.

    Edit - I'm starting to realize I should only have one of each gathering skill on my server. I have it on characters to support their tradeskills as they level but really, why? This is dumb. I should have one skinner, herbalist, and miner, and then from there all my other characters can do all the crafting stuff. Double or triple up on things. That way I can have a sane supply of shit I want / need.

    Edit Edit - No wait, I need to see what's soulbound.

    AMEN, Brother. Motes of Harmony/Spirits being BoP sucks too, end up with tons on one guy, not enough on everyone else. They should just remove BoP as a whole and convert it to BoA.

    Oh and ehhh. Having more the same gathering skill on more than one guy isn't a total waste. That way you can grab that herb when you're not playing just the one guy. What I need is a herber/miner to do both in one, never got around to doing that.

    There's a lot of "definitely binds to your character" crap that should be "binds to account." Not everything mind you - I know some things like raid drops they want per-character.

  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Ok, raid equipment can stay BoP, yeah. But mats? BoA across the board, probably even raid mats, since it's dumb to end up with one and not be able to use it (though offhand I don't even know if there are raid BoP mats, but anyway...).

    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Ok, raid equipment can stay BoP, yeah. But mats? BoA across the board, probably even raid mats, since it's dumb to end up with one and not be able to use it (though offhand I don't even know if there are raid BoP mats, but anyway...).

    There's a vendor in the middle of Pandaria (I keep forgetting that zone's name) that will trade the Harmony crap for mats. But it's limited to the low tier of mats. That should change if they insist on having BoP crafting mats. Even if it were 5 for 1, I'd still rather that than 5 and can't do shit with.

  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    In today's news of things I already knew, I'm a masochist for having killed the Whale Shark in Vashj'ir with my Warrior!

This discussion has been closed.