As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii Fit U: Because your body isn't ready.

2»

• Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    It's there. I only sync every once in awhile and I get all the days in between.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So I got the Fit meter and I try to beat my steps "high-score" each day. The one thing I noticed is that it will randomly play a happy song as I am walking. I think it does this if you meet one of your goals, but I can't be sure. I set my goals as to walk around New York City and to climb the Great Pyramid.

There are 2 things that I don't understand.
    1. I'm on the 3rd floor of an office building that is ~340ft above sea level. It says that my altitude is -18ft. I can reset it to 0 feet, but it still gets hosed after a few minutes.
    2. The game gives me a choice to "lock" a day's info. Does that mean lock it on the Wii U or lock it to the fit meter? I'd rather it just download the info on the Wii U and wipe it from the meter as I don't know how much storage it has.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Didn't realize this thread was here but got a Wii Fit Meter and I'm going to try and start exercising every night. @seasleepy mentioned that a community already existed so I'll join in tonight!

I'm loving how the tablet allows for everything to be off-screen. I did an entire 30 minute workout while my wife and I watched TV just by looking or listening to the gamepad.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    I just lost my pedometer on a run. Am I screwed? Do I lose all my progress if I sync a new pedometer?

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    plufim wrote: »
    I just lost my pedometer on a run. Am I screwed? Do I lose all my progress if I sync a new pedometer?

All progress synced to the WiiU will stay. It doesn't wipe out any progress in the game when you switch pedometers.

I wish the clips on those pedometers were a bit better. My wife has lost two of the things and I've had mine pop off quite a few times but I've been fortunate to find it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    If you can wear a belt it clips ridiculously tightly to it.

• Options
    Mblackwell wrote: »
    If you can wear a belt it clips ridiculously tightly to it.

I was always concerned I'd weaken the plastic since it's just a molded clip and not a spring clip or something. I'd started with it on my pocket, but after falling off a couple times I've moved it to my belt loop.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Recently I used the balance board as a makeshift package scale. Registered a pet and followed the method to weigh your dog/cat to get the shipping weight for my package. Seems pretty accurate, UPS accepted it.

• Options
    HAHAHAHA! That's amazing. I'll have to remember that one.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I don't have a regular scale. When Wii Fit first came out, I would weigh myself, then weigh myself with the package and subtract the difference.

As far as the Loaded Steak is concerned, the only person I ever see is ArcSyn. Did everyone else successfully meet their weightloss goal?

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    I lost 0.8lbs over the last 3 months! Woo!

I'm terrible at getting into shape apparently.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2014
    Hey! Don't sell yourself short!

Round is a shape!

Edit: that being said, I just do kung fu and don't worry too much about how bad a person the scale tells me I am.

Further edit: my Wii fit gear for the original Wii collects dust.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    I've been too busy to do much, so I haven't been doing more than uploading my meter data every once in awhile.

• Options
    Feeling a bit lonely in The Loaded Steak. I'm wondering if we should have titled it something a bit less appetizing? :-P

I've been actually keeping a fairly decent excise schedule for the past week, of which I'm proud! I haven't lost any weight yet, but I'm happy for the regular exercise.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    any one know if the fit meter is accurate? I've been caring around both my G5 and the fit meter and the fit meter had me burning double the calories. which is right?

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I read some reports that said that the Pokewalker was a much more accurate pedometer than many more expensive ones, and I imagine the Fit Meter uses the same tech, but I am not sure how accurate Nintendo's steps -> calories burned count would be.

Looking at the polar, i would venture to say that that is the more accurate one. If you are wearing loose shorts your fit meter may be counting more steps than it normally would.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nope it's on my belt all day
    what is funny tho is that both the fit-meter and my phone count extra steps when the car I"m in bounces around on ruff roads lol
    fit meter reads 9283 steps 921 cals
    phone is at 8378 steps 501 cals ( left it charging at my desk for a while.)
    need help cuz I'm trying to input cals burned walking in to my fitness pal app

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Does your phone/g5 calculate elevation and angle of movement like the fit meter does? Fit meter isn't just tracking steps it's tracking "work". Also for an accurate measure my wife found it had to be at the top of her waist, but if you're a man it probably doesn't matter.

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    My wife's fit meter also reports drastically different from her phone's app. We didn't notice it until after she'd ran the fit meter through the clothes washer and I disassembled it to dry it in rice for a few days. I guess that means it isn't just her fit meter.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    Does your phone/g5 calculate elevation and angle of movement like the fit meter does? Fit meter isn't just tracking steps it's tracking "work". Also for an accurate measure my wife found it had to be at the top of her waist, but if you're a man it probably doesn't matter.
    thats what makes me wonder if the fit-meter is right all the up and down

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I haven't been in the Loaded Steak for a few weeks. I had to replace the Fit meter's battery. I bought a package of 5 for under $4 from Amazon, so I should be good for awhile. The fit meter is really the only thing that I like. The games are ok I guess, but I'd rather spend my free exercise time hiking.

I like that they added more trips. I'm doing the virtual Appalachian Trail now and hope to have it done before July....

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    I left Loaded Steak when I didn't see any Miis in there for over a week. I'm mostly doing stretches and a little bit of the running in place, and just keeping my fit meter to track my weight.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    grim123 wrote: »
    what is funny tho is that both the fit-meter and my phone count extra steps when the car I"m in bounces around on ruff roads lol

I'm going to be honest 921 sounds way too high for 9000 steps. I go for a run at around 5000 steps and burn around 350 calories.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    grim123 wrote: »

I'm going to be honest 921 sounds way too high for 9000 steps. I go for a run at around 5000 steps and burn around 350 calories.
    Hm
    but is that on your fit meter?
    Anyway that's why I'm asking because it seems way too high a calorie count

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    I'm pretty interested in the Yoga stuff, how good is it versus buying some sort of DVD/Bluray? Ideal option would be to get out to a class but that's not going to happen, is this the next best thing?

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Yoga stuff is probably better than a DVD simply because it monitors your posture which is important in avoiding injury. In a class an instructor will walk around and monitor you and correct things. The balance board performs a somewhat similar function.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    It isn't a miracle worker for monitoring posture, but I would say the balance board helps over just being on the ground. If you have a mirror in the room with you it will also help dramatically, so you can compare yourself to the example.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    TDawg wrote: »
    It isn't a miracle worker for monitoring posture, but I would say the balance board helps over just being on the ground. If you have a mirror in the room with you it will also help dramatically, so you can compare yourself to the example.

Wii Fit U lets you use the camera on the gamepad and see yourself in split screen. Why use a mirror?

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »

Wii Fit U lets you use the camera on the gamepad and see yourself in split screen. Why use a mirror?

Because there are very few camera angles that could be more disgusting that a floor level view of a novice overweight male at yoga.

• Options
    I put it on the tv stand!