Options

Secret Satans 2013 - SE++ Edition

• Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    The first not-at-all-illegal surprise was a little contraption that shot a wheel out of a little pinching device at alarming speed. Double hazard

The cookie cutters are adorable! Kind of jealous that the traffic lights are so rad.

Also, @Rankenphile, I may be persuaded to bring a Hippo to D&D. Maybe.

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    Reminder to send gifts if you haven't yet!

nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Alright, according to tracking, my package is nearly there.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    AAAAAAAH I just got an unexpected package delivered at my office! Can't wait to go home and open this :D

sig.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I should have posted this around the Christmas when I received it, but I was in something of a holiday funk again this year. Anyways, gifts!
    gifts_zpsad79ca3a.jpg
    A box!

envelope_zps0ad2beff.jpg
    A letter!

letter_zpsb42ea89a.jpg
    Words!

signature_zpsd00fb8b1.jpg
    Not the best shot, but it should be readable!

candy_zps16956d49.jpg
    Oooh, candy!

bagged_zps0af21bc2.jpg
    Fudge! Wonder what those arrows mean...

flavors_zps002043e6.jpg
    Flavors, eh? (The fudge is gone now, but the salted caramel and eggnog were quite tasty, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like eggnog. The mountain dew, though, was...something?)

book1_zps79a2aa62.jpg
    Some reading material!

book1sig_zpscdff5cfe.jpg
    The author's signature!

book2_zps5efa610e.jpg
    More reading material!

book2sig_zps312a14ef.jpg
    The author's signature, part 2! (I've read both, and thoroughly enjoyed them! The second has a heartwarming ending, in it's own weird way!)

shirt_zpsec8bb850.jpg
    tie_zps6e35a56c.jpg
    A fancy shirt and tie! (The shirt fits perfectly, in case you were wondering.)

And with that box there was two yellow envelopes. What was in them, you ask?
    uncharteds_zps37052882.jpg
    Uncharted 2 and 3! Been meaning to pick these up for a while!

I apologize, @Perrsun, for taking so long to acknowledge your gifts. They were quite thoughtful and much appreciated!

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Chocolate and peanut butter are the best fudge flavors, still, that is a pretty sweet gift.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Mountain Dew flavored fudge, the only way to possibly get more sugar into Mountain Dew.

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Just drink pure corn syrup.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Just drink pure corn syrup.

No, don't drink Mountain Dew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rav9ijyyZk

• Options
    So as I mentioned a few posts back, a package showed up at my office today!
    I opened it and put everything in my backpack because the box itself wouldn't fit
    PMmXIuX.jpg
    Turns out I wasn't the first person to open it, those goddamn customs people rifled through it. animals.

Here's the contents!
    6uNgvS1.jpg
    That's right, individually wrapped presents, with a note! In an era of Amazon-shipped gifts, this is going waaay above and beyond the call of duty! (In the back you can see the stuff that customs already opened. Fuck you customs, those are my presents, not yours)

Inside was...
    Vebdhat.jpg
    An album! I'm not familiar with Melody Gardot, but she's very pretty and I like that. I will listen to this post-haste!

And...
    sGxs2EL.jpg
    Another album! I'm not familiar with Luca Turelli either, but there's a friggin' cyborg shooting lasers on the front, so I'm sold.

Also,
    jxJWVyz.jpg
    Bill Murray's classic Scrooged?? Yes. Yes.

Additionally,
    O1LP7gj.jpg
    Some crazy Canadian candy, what the heck is going on in there, I don't even know. Some kind of flavor bubbles? Get in my belly.

Furthermore,
    rXkRJM2.jpg
    A sick ass soldering iron! I am gonna use this for reaaal.

In fact I could use it on...
    MRt51zV.jpg
    A guidebook to world domination! Or at least high powered CO2 lasers, tesla coils, and some other crazy shit.

Plus,
    KETw8df.jpg?1
    A bunch of Dresden Codak posters and a sweet patch! Astonishingly, I already have quite a few of the Dresden Codak poster prints from the Kickstarter I funded, and yet there's only ONE overlap, which happens to be one I hung up in my office meaning I didn't have a copy for my room! So amazing!!

And finally, the whole haul:
    g15kzTe.jpg

Thank you so, so much @Caulk Bite 6!!! you friggin' rule dude! Hail Satan!

sig.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Oh good, you got it in generally one piece. A little miffed about the customs thing, but that is what they do.

I'm glad you like it all, and I figured there was a chance of overlap for the posters, but I'm glad it worked out.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Oh good, you got it in generally one piece. A little miffed about the customs thing, but that is what they do.

I'm glad you like it all, and I figured there was a chance of overlap for the posters, but I'm glad it worked out.

I love it dude! I'm eating one of these aero bubbles and I'm freaking out

how is this not sold in America

sig.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Tossrock if you are near a Meijer grocery store they sell Aero bars in the international aisle

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I really like those broken robot and report your death posters

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Aero candy is delicious

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Huzzah!!! Thank you Satans, you're all amazing!!!

If anyone has not received their gift as of this moment, please PM myself and @Neville

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Aero is delicious as heck. Chocolate and Orange is one of the all time winning combinations.

Also Melody Gardot is wonderful, she sings gorgeously in English and French, plays a bunch of different instruments, and she started playing music in 2003 because she was hit by a car and had a bunch of brain damage and was confined to a bed for a year so she learned to play guitar and write music.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I got gifted again! In the form of booooooks.
    Satan wrote:
    You mentioned you like cheesy pulp novels, and Matthew Reilly is one of my favourites in that category.
    Contest-cover-2.jpg
    Contest is Matthew Reilly's first novel. It follows radiologist Stephen Swain as he is forced to participate in the ancient alien contest known as the Presidian.

ice-station.jpg
    Ice Station is Matthew Reilly's second novel, and the first to feature Shane Schofield. It follows him and his Marine Recon Unit investigates an ice station in Antartica.

Area-7-cover-2.jpg
    Area 7 is Matthew Reilly's fourth novel, and the second to feature Shane Schofield as he protects the President of the United States from a rogue Air Force unit.

Sweet! I really really really love pulp novels, and especially a book about a badass radiologist competing in an alien deathmatch sounds awesome.
    Satan wrote:
    I bet you regret saying NSFW yes.

I haven't read this but that cover is magnificent.
    15838866.jpg

Yes, yes, yes! My first NSFW gift! Gonna read this so hard!
    Satan wrote:
    I read this and its sequel recently and they are fantastic.
    Hyperion_cover.jpg

TheFallOfHyperion%281stEd%29.jpg

I've read Hyperion! I really enjoyed it. Every weird-ass moment. I'm looking forward to checking out the sequel.

Thank you Satan. You're a heir to the throne among others of your gender!

Legba on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Omg that minotaur

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    I'm entertaining the idea of doing a dramatic reading.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Dramatic readings of bad erotica are the way to go

• Options
    Get other forumers and turn it into a radio play

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    It is now my favourite post-New Year's Eve pastime

It has overtaken moaning and demanding Gatorade, or having bacon waffle tacos on the sofa. Next year I will decide if it has overtaken watching Twilight Zone.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I'm in

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

I'm in

All ready getting into character!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    *rimshot*

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I got my gift! Yay! I had no clue what to expect because when @bombardier told me it had arrived, he just said "there's a box here and it cost 35$ to accept it" -- couriers are thieves. THIEVES.

BUT.

I LOVE IT. Pyro christmas sweater! And it's big and cozy, i think i could get away with wearing it with leggings even. THANK YOU @MARATHON

mully on
  • Options
    Gah, I can't believe it cost that much on your end. Sorry, I can reimburse you that cost. You shouldn't have to pay for your own gift.

Glad you liked it, there should be something for you from amazon too.

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    Ah don't worry about it - it isn't your fault that DHL / customs are dickfaces.

And, wha!? More!? :0

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    So did all our Satans come through this year?!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2014
    (A last minute gifting has appeared!
    Look who's 3 months old this week)
    20140206_104620_zpsegxjqpaj.jpg
    Oh, what is this! I have a new travel crib :o
    20140206_104646_zpsxocshjlb.jpg
    Ohhhh.. look at the stars..
    20140206_105007_zpstmqueebu.jpg
    A new boppy cover, with animals? wow
    20140206_110649_zpsr9oboj0w.jpg
    tummy time!
    20140206_111019_zpsxsbgpgwo.jpg
    I really like this. (She smiles quite often now, but hates tummy time- I think this is her first smile while down on her stomach)
    20140206_111030_zps807lwama.jpg
    (Really, this travel crib is amazing. No unboxing, since my husband got it and though we had just ordered it. He put it together- it was really simple. Now we have something nice to bring to her Nana's apartment when she looks after her and for her to lay down in in the living room..)
    crib_zps367af723.jpg
    crib2_zps3a901e2b.jpg
    Extra bonus blooper reel
    20140206_111029_zpskwakxewy.jpg
    A great big thank you to @Romanian My Escutcheon for all of the wonderful presents. They are amazing.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Haha that last picture is a keeper. Gotta show that one to future boyfriends.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    That last picture: Dude, where's my crib?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    I really like this. (She smiles quite often now, but hates tummy time- I think this is her first smile while down on her stomach)
    20140206_111030_zps807lwama.jpg

That face is so great, like "Eureka! Tummy Time ain't so bad!"

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    It's kinda odd. Boppys weren't really a thing with my first kid, so I discounted getting one. But I saw one on sale, so I picked it up, and she really took to it.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    That baby has good taste in onesies.

broken image link
  • Options
    That baby has good taste in onesies.

Wouldn't it cause problems with a polar bear's digestive tract?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I think the reason she might have had trouble smiling during tummy time is because her facial muscles weren't strong enough to lift those adorable chubby wubby cheeks

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Unstickying this thread. Looks like everyone came through this year. If this isn't the case, please let Bogey or myself or one of the other SE mods know. Thanks again, everyone, for one of our favorite forum traditions!

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    wait so who was it who gifted me again

i don't think i ever found out but i am bad at deductions and it was pretty clear to some other people when i posted

i just wanted to say thank you again

cuz herbie is goddamn amazing

tumblr_msz1sesBz51qhpy9ao8_1280.png

poo
This discussion has been closed.