As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechwarrior Online] Lobby/Weight matching update on page 93.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So I haven't dropped with you guys yet, but I've been playing MWO for a while now. I'm still kind of rough, I don't know what happened between MW4:M and now, but I am just not a good as I thought I was. This game is a fair bit different though.

I might have found a sweetspot for me though, the quad-AC5 JM6-S (I go by g starwind on MWO) :
    mech1.png

jgeis on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Tonight's Poetry for those who missed it:

The new catapult:
    Have you seen this thing's paint job?
    Surely, they're joking!

Think outside the box.
    Unfortunately, Spiders,
    Think a bit too hard

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Think outside the box.
    Unfortunately, Spiders,
    Think a bit too hard

That's just pure magic right there.

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Re: my AC/2 comment last thread

Killed the last guy with my second to last shot. Used up 447/450 rounds of AC/2, no backup weapons.

Gotta work on my accuracy a bit I guess >.>

Serious lol @ weightmatching that game, though

Triple AC2s?
    Triple AC/2, no backup weapons, no AMS, Final Destination

That's basically how I run my 2H, though I'm still not a fan of AC/2s. They're just way too hot.

I have had great results with my 5M running 2 AC/5s and 2 MLs. The AC5s can't quite put out raw DPS like the AC2s can, but they're far easier to snipe with, run cooler, and are quite a bit lighter.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Between the World Series and a bachelor party weekend I have not played in like 5 days and it sucks!

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    Between the World Series and a bachelor party weekend I have not played in like 5 days and it sucks!

man these past five days have been bliss! Pubbies havent sucked too horribly and the wins come like rain in the tropics; hard, long and frequent. :winky:

really, games been good lately for the most part.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    GogDogGogDog Registered User regular
    wow....I played a few games at 9:30 am this morning, mountain standard time....totally different class of players at that time...novices. Fun to be the big dog in the game though....just crazy to see what other players do though...like jenners just stand still so they can shoot medium lasers at you...

Gogdog_zps44bc786f.png
  • Options
    Slowest thread day ever! Not a whole lot to talk about till the next patch i guess (tomorrow?). That and a lot of people are playing other things waiting for "the big one"

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have been stuck flying or at an airport all day. I will be unable to play MWO for the next week. It will be about 2 weeks before I get a chance to get some games in. I am going to suck so hard.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    EnialisEnialis Registered User regular
    Think tomorrow's just the Jester. More interesting patch will be the one after (11/12?). Shadowhawks for cbills and this from the forums today:
    Paul wrote:
    UPDATE (Nov 4):

First on deck:
    - Awesome
    - Atlas
    - Orion
    - ..... and the SPIDER! :o

Just keeping my promise to you that I'd keep you up to date. The first wave of tuning will appear in the mid-Nov patch.

One of the more notable things we're doing is splitting the pelvis into more appropriate sections. Imagine that we've given these Mechs thongs to wear. The thong still applies to CT (front or back), but the majority of the pelvic area will now go to the left and right leg.

Kill-able Spiders soon?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Sounds like legging will happen more with the Orion, Atlas and Awesome aka the diaper mechs.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Sounds like legging will happen more with the Orion, Atlas and Awesome aka the diaper mechs.

I'd rather lose a leg than my CT. The biggest PITA is getting sniped in the butt while you are trying to brawl, not only is it the only part of your mech that doesn't animate or twist, its incredibly under-armored because you need every point you can spare in front to tank face-melting alphas.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Flee little spider.....flee while you still can.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Slowest thread day ever! Not a whole lot to talk about till the next patch i guess (tomorrow?). That and a lot of people are playing other things waiting for "the big one"

I'm playing a lot of the "Work until 3am" game.

Grinding CBills sucks.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »

I'm playing a lot of the "Work until 3am" game.

Grinding CBills sucks.

My "grinding" includes loading up the Wang and having fun! Cbills just pile up!

But it is easy to burn out with only 2 game modes.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So, new patch tomorrow. Wonder what's in it.

Also, medals for all of you beta vets.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/133970-for-those-who-survived-beta-testing/page__st__0

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/133970-for-those-who-survived-beta-testing/page__st__0

Jester Hero, possibly some seismic changes.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Re: my AC/2 comment last thread

Killed the last guy with my second to last shot. Used up 447/450 rounds of AC/2, no backup weapons.

Gotta work on my accuracy a bit I guess >.>

Serious lol @ weightmatching that game, though

Triple AC2s?
    Triple AC/2, no backup weapons, no AMS, Final Destination

That's basically how I run my 2H, though I'm still not a fan of AC/2s. They're just way too hot.

I have had great results with my 5M running 2 AC/5s and 2 MLs. The AC5s can't quite put out raw DPS like the AC2s can, but they're far easier to snipe with, run cooler, and are quite a bit lighter.
    Yeah, my 5M build is that + an SRM6 with Artemis as the finishing punch. :)

Ammo is a bit of a concern but it absolutely craps out damage and ruins people.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Enialis wrote: »
    Think tomorrow's just the Jester. More interesting patch will be the one after (11/12?). Shadowhawks for cbills and this from the forums today:
    Paul wrote:
    UPDATE (Nov 4):

First on deck:
    - Awesome
    - Atlas
    - Orion
    - ..... and the SPIDER! :o

Just keeping my promise to you that I'd keep you up to date. The first wave of tuning will appear in the mid-Nov patch.

One of the more notable things we're doing is splitting the pelvis into more appropriate sections. Imagine that we've given these Mechs thongs to wear. The thong still applies to CT (front or back), but the majority of the pelvic area will now go to the left and right leg.

Kill-able Spiders soon?

I'm not sure how they'll do it, but if they somehow make the Awesome not the easiest mech to kill in the game then I'll be very happy.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    So I took my least favorite Shadowhawk (the 5M) and made it fun.

XL315, 2xAC2(5), 2xML, 3xJJs. Maybe 2xJJs. I forget.

Still. FUN.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I guess it just depends on how much of the CT remains on the daiper area.

I think that they could just make the entire pelvis area count as legs, really. Though it's nice that they're finally adjusting hit boxes. :)

imperialparadox on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    Freaky dreams last night. I was running around in a jenner with 6 MPL wrecking the other team. Good dreams!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

If only they were official medals. :(

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    The pelvis isn't even remotely the problem with the Orion.

• Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Gaslight wrote: »
    The pelvis isn't even remotely the problem with the Orion.

No, but I think that it is a problem with mechs in general when they can have their backs facing you and your shots register as hitting their front.

I think that the forward/rear torso areas should be confined to the actual parts of the mech that move during a torso twist, and the leg hit zones should also encompass the entirety of the pelvic area since that zone is immobile with regards to torso twisting.

imperialparadox on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    Red M3naceRed M3nace Registered User regular

Yeah, I'm guilty of this. Still love MWO, but BF4 is out and it's awesome. I'll be back after I get my Battle-fix.

red-m3nace.png
  • Options
    Friday night at 10pm.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2013
    http://mwomercs.com/news/2013/11/753-catapult-hero-jester

JESTER!!!

Doesnt give the hardpoint layout. Only mentions 2 large, 2 medium and 2 small lasers...

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/141726-patch-day-nov-5th/

Here we go!

POGOJACK CHAMPION!

seismic changes.... :(

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Okay so Seismic is now completely worthless, PGI continues their great history of not understanding how to balance things.

Ultra fast jump jetting energy catapult? Do want.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Okay so Seismic is now completely worthless, PGI continues their great history of not understanding how to balance things.

Seismic is hardly worthless. Now it's situational, instead of necessary. Like a lot of the other modules.

My ECM Raven, for example will still be running it.

• Options

Im tempted. But ill wait for a sale if i do get it.

People have to admit, seismic was a wee bit too powerful. Im ok with the change.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Also... The rise of the PPC poptart catapult. Ugh.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    EnialisEnialis Registered User regular
    Huge engine cap is exciting, but I'd be way happier if I hadn't just bought a XL360 for use in my Battlemaster.

• Options
    Also... The rise of the PPC poptart catapult. Ugh.

Not any worse than the cataphract already is.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    The inclusion of seismic as what amounts to a mech motion detector was always a horrible, horrible idea. The way the game works, it was just a huge "fuck you" to any moderately swift mechs that are good ambushers, because it gave everything a perfect view of where every somewhat-close enemy was.

Now somebody with seismic has to choose between evasion or detection, which is far, far more equitable than just a blanket 360-degree detection field that entirely encourages the user to keep moving under any and all circumstances. Using the system will actually put the user at risk now and will no longer be a straight upgrade whatever mech you have it on.

Heck, it means scouts can use the system for proper scouting because they can recon the enemy position undetected, as opposed to having the enemy team steam around a corner in one big wave to kill them because they all saw the seismic blip while they were stomping around.

• Options
    Enialis wrote: »
    Huge engine cap is exciting, but I'd be way happier if I hadn't just bought a XL360 for use in my Battlemaster.

dont worry it'll fight right in in your dragons

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    360s work well in so many chassis. No need to regret the investment.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    The OBN mechlab has just been updated with the preliminary Jester information from the patch notes: Jester [CPLT-J]: 2xLLAS, 2xAMS, 2xMLAS, 2xSLAS, 295STD, DHS, Endo

If any of you buy one of those, let me know if you find anything wrong with it in our mechlab, please :)

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Seismic is hardly worthless. Now it's situational, instead of necessary. Like a lot of the other modules.

My ECM Raven, for example will still be running it.

By far the best application of Seismic was keeping track of people in brawls inside a city. With the advent of 3pv you already didn't need it to look around hills, so now it's like...I guess you can stop between a bunch of buildings to use it? But stopping in the middle of a brawl/chase is a good way to die.

It's really not going to be worth much anymore, compared to something like Target Decay.