As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

:: SECRET SAINTS :: Sign Ups Close Nov 26

14567810»

• DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Now that Dropbox will let me have my files, I can post this! I opened the door to check my mail the other day only to find a box from Amazon sitting here. I don't order a ton from Amazon in the least, but still, it's not unusual for my mind to blank for a second before I remember what I ordered. Except this time, I realized I hadn't ordered anything. Then I read "gift inside" upon the label. What? Wow!
    mjzj.jpg

Not a gift, but multiple presents! And cards! Even before opening them, this made me very happy. It's the very act of being thought of, and recognized, that makes me feel much less alone and this is simply a wonderful feeling.

I peeked at the cards to see if there was an order, and there was. So, first:
    qt0i.jpg

This left me a bit taken aback, though not in a bad way. To my Saint, I say this: you're being incredibly generous to me out of the kindness of your heart. I don't see anything that remotely needs forgiveness, but if you do, then you certainly have it. It would have been fun to open these on Christmas morning, but it was fun the other day, too. In fact, there was something pretty neat about having a cold, grey, dreary January day brightened up by a completely unexpected surprise. The first weeks of the year can be kind of flat and blah, especially once past New Year's and all of the holiday activity, but this changed all of that and brought some holiday warmth to January. :D

Sorry to be a bit long-winded, but that was important to me to say. :) On to the humor!
    h44k.jpg

I had been looking at this book before and it will indeed be fun to read! (If you'll look at the bottom left of the picture, you'll see Clyde's paw. Um... I do hope he wasn't taking notes.)

On to the second card:
    x3f4.jpg

Oh, I love tea of all types! Hot tea is especially lovely in winter.
    tbqe.jpg

I am really enjoying this assortment and can say that I've already made inroads into it. It's a great mix in that there are old favorites I'm sure to like (Earl Grey, English Breakfast) and new flavors to try. (The Zen is a really neat green tea with lots of flavor. I was surprised!)

Tea and a book, with cats involved? This is really so perfect for me; you've totally nailed it.

Card number three:
    vpp7.jpg

I have to say that this Christmas wasn't as bad as I had feared and was certainly far better than 2012. Quite honestly, I credit a good chunk of the improvement to SE++ and not just because of the incredible generosity of people. Being able to log in, have a place to chat, and a place to feel at "home" was a lifesaver. Besides, the old "Twelve Days of Christmas" start on the 25th anyway, so this is logically an extension to the season as far as I am concerned!

Now about that time travel...
    6lve.jpg

Awesome! I can make the TARDIS move! (It says hot coffee on the box, but hot tea works just as well! Tea is more British anyway.)

And finally:
    dvxs.jpg

MetroidZoid is my very kind and generous saint! Thank you so very much, MetroidZoid! I'm quite hopeful 2014 will be better. There will be a lot of work to do, but I think things are improving. Being a part of a community with good people such as yourself has been a definite help and I am quite sincerely very thankful for it.

More time travel!
    cytw.jpg

Legos! I love Legos, I really do. I don't care if I am an adult, I will unabashedly *play* with them with delight. And I love how they made it so you can make the Delorean match how it looked in each of the three movies.

So that was my awesome extended Christmas! Thank you again, MetroidZoid! Please don't worry in the least about the timing, seriously. I was completely surprised and thoroughly delighted; there's no way I could ask for more than that. You've brought many smiles to my face and made me feel better about things. May you have a wonderful 2014!

Delaney on
    "I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    This is more of a solid saints thing but today I got my candy package that @bucketman sent!

The postman was intrigued as to what weighed so much. It was 15lbs of candy!!

This package the germans weren't able to steal.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    This is more of a solid saints thing but today I got my candy package that @bucketman sent!

The postman was intrigued as to what weighed so much. It was 15lbs of candy!!

This package the germans weren't able to steal.

I'm glad finally made it. Third times the charm. According to the United States postal service it weighed 19.1lbs. I know this because the flat rate international limit is 20 lbs. Sorry it took so long and enjoy the candy!

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'd like to thank @DaMoonRulz for sending Anya something in the mail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE8mYr5vbg0

Moriveth on
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    emma-stone-excited.gif

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Denada wrote: »
    Okay it's after christmas and I'm a nervous goose. @M.D. and @Moriveth / @Janson, was everything okay? Did the kids like their stuff?

@Denada‌ I am SO sorry I am only just posting now!

Yes, everything was amazingly fabulous. Anya loves her car (although her preferred way of playing with it is to set it on its side and spin the wheels, or to use it as a mobile stepstool) and her musical instruments! I had a sweet photo of her in one of the hoodies, but I recently had to delete all photos off my phone; I'll have to try and find it. :) I love the photo print and we shall definitely be visiting the aquarium soon!

Thank you SO much! :D

@DaMoonRulz‌ this is fantastic:

moon.jpg

Best light ever!

And to the mystery gifter who gifted the Daniel Tiger toys, Anya has requested that her 'friends' go to bed with her on more than one occasion. She is obsessed!

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Aw geez, it's dusty in my room

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So, uh

We are getting dangerously close to Christmas, and unless I'm an idiot (I totally could be) I don't see another thread for this year's Secret Saints?

Because I really wanted to be on the sending end of things this year