As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[d20 Modern] Grand Theft Auto V: San Andreas Stories- Started From The Bottom

2»

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    "You want me to choose between tiptoeing out while nobody's looking or trying to beat up a cell block full of psychos? The first. No contest." Daisy considers for a moment. "Unless I would get to fly the helicopter, but it sounds like your 'friend'-" the girl pauses for a moment to put air quotes around the word "- would do the flying."

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Lester gives a nervous laugh. "I saw the video. You barely got that helicopter off the ground before you drove it into Alamo Sea. I think for the safely of everyone, including yourself, you should take flying lessons before you try that again."

Lester looks back at the guard. "Ok, so I got some pull here among some of the guards. Who wants to beat up a Balla? I know one that works the cafeteria, which is Families heavy with prisoners, who would be a perfect target."

• Options
    "The, uh." She averted her eyes, and coughed into her hand. "Rudder was stuck. Yup. I over corrected. Could happen to anyone." I certainly did not start panicking when the cops opened fire.

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    "Listen, I'd probably get my ass handed to me by a Balla. No lie." Vince says, knowing his own limitations. "Maybe not the best idea for me to go toe to toe with one. I could probably talk him into fighting someone else though. I'm pretty good like that. Who do the Ballas have beef with in his place? I could start something..."

Vince still couldn't believe he was thinking about this. Who, in his right mind, breaks out of prison when their in on such a minor charge as he was? Vince was bored though.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    He sure had a way with stupid, Esther couldn't deny the creepy dude that. Either pain by getting beat by a Balla and some guards or pain by getting beat by the guards in a mad dash for a chopper. The second with the extra bonus of Dixie over there piloting. She had more than a slight suspicion that Dixie was a flake and she wasn't about to ride anything that Dixie was going to be driving.

'Look, I'll beat his stupid ass. You and your candy ass can settle down.' Esther piped up rolling her eyes at Mr. Innocent. Besides if it went badly for her, Esther certainly wouldn't mind a week in the infirmary. It would certainly beat another of these work details.

• Options
    Lester looks at Smith, who turns around while talking on his radio. "This here is one of the Families rags" Lester hands it to Esther. "Leave it on Booker Ward. You'll know him when you see him. He's not much as far as rank in the Ballas goes, but that doesn't matter. Its the thought that counts and the thought you have to leave is 'this is Families turf.'"

Smith comes back the the group. "Alright, meet and greet is over. Back to work."

A few days later, one of the guards watching Esther's cellblock calls her to the front desk. "You've been reassigned to Kitchen detail. Report there tomorrow."

The Bolingbroke Penitentiary Kitchen wasn't different from a kitchen you'd see in a normal restaurants. Except all the knives where chained to the tables. There were twenty or so prisoners working in the kitchen, and about 3 guards, who mainly stood in the office, watching the computers. Esther felt a little out of her league as hardcore gangsters and drug dealers all working together in their stations. It didn't take long for Esther to spot Booker. For one, the word "BOOKER" was tattooed to his forehead. And he was a clumsy man. A large pile of dish trays he was working on fell while he was washing them. Later, Booker tripped while carrying a box of tomatoes. He fell face first into the box and got chewed out by the guards. Vince could have beaten this guy. Except, each time he fell, the same three big gangster guys would come help him. Judging by the tattoos on them, Esther figured they were the other Ballas.

• Options
  • Options
    Someone was certainly going to get their ass beat. Esther gritted her teeth, there was no backing down now. All she could hope for was that they wouldn't break too much of her good looks. What do you think was going to happen? Man like him was certainly going to have their ass protected. She wrapped the rag she had been given around her fist and walked closer and closer.

'My, my... It seems like you could use a...hand.' Esther batted her eyes as she tried to act softer than she was used to. She smiled at Booker's guards brushing herself close against one before delivering an appreciative wink.

• Options
    One of the Balla guards looked at Esther and her hand. "I don't know if you know, but since you ain't hood, I'll let you know. That color on your hand. That's like waving a gun around here. See, we Ballas. We fly purple. The Families" The Balla guard briefly nods to a group cutting up vegetable, "they fly green like that. Now, if you know what's good for you, lil' mama, you'd drop that rag in the trash. Then we could... talk."

• Options
    'This little thing?' Esther looked surprised at the guards, 'Surely you big strong boys aren't afraid of a little ratty rag.' Esther unwound the cloth from around her hand to wave it as if to show how insignificant it was. 'It's just my lucky charm. Got it from my boyfriend. Sweetest guy really, told me that it looked good with my eyes.' She took a step closer to let the boys see her face and dark brown eyes more clearly. 'Don't you think it's a good match?'

She was laying it on a bit thick, but these men hardly looked like they were exactly the cream so subtle was out the window. If she could sell being an chatty little gab, it would make getting that first punch so much easier.

• Options
    Roll a Bluff.

• Options
    Geth, Roll 1d20+6 for Bluff

Bluff:
    1d20+6 17 [1d20=11]