As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    You know I love you, right Steam Thread? I love your posts - all of them. Don't ever change.

But just maaaaybe we could agree during major sales to let up a little on 10am PT daily rounds of "Sale prices haven't changed lol" "Steam is borked!" "Only a 10% discount?!?" "Oh god where're my dailies I'll shiv you Newell!!!" etc.** Thread goes fast no matter what, but during the summer sale we were literally adding a page or more of posts just talking about our collective fascination with the F5 key.

What do you think? Aw, don't be mad, Steam Thread. You know I love you, right?

** Very notable exception being glitch prices that favor the user. "$2 Arkham Origins? I'll take 12!"

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.
    doing so made the game a lot more responsive for me.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Come and get me!
    0DF21945D46AD20056E5854ED4F257FEA1BC2DD4
    I had a 10X multiplier and did the conquer multiple times!

You are gotten sir, 16.8 million I had an invasion that I rocked for about 15 million. Thats a pretty fun table.

"well played evil!" ah, that quote means something, but you have to play my local pathfinder (i.e. D&D 3.5) pen and paper game to get it. I will be back.. when I'm not tired.

I'm so sorry to you all... you made me do this!

kWWd6tn.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    ok ok, I'll try again

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    Pasha is a gorgeous table with a really fun theme. I also cannot make the shot to start a tale when the book is open to save my fucking life.

That's the wonderful thing about being me. I don't have to worry about not being able to make a shot on a particular table as I can't make a shot on ANY table to save my fucking life;) You also don't get the stress of, you know, actually worrying about getting good scores:)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Wait, the Steam sale is tomorrow? I'm not ready!

Though I am helping someone with a project tomorrow that will net me a cool 100 dollars. Which I will NOT blow on Steam games.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    And the winners of the 15th Half-Life Anniversary are:

Half-Life 1 Anthology - BigDes
    Half-Life 2 - highentropy
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - haeg81
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Was Kevko, but I requested a new winner because...
    Half-Life Complete - Kevko

Congrats to the winners, and hopefully I'll have the new winner for Episode 2 soon.

Thanks a lot! I was thinking of how to handle the whole episode 2 fiasco, then I see that it is already taken care of. Thank you again for the classy giveaway!

edit: BTW, I still see the steamgifts "received?" option for episode 2. I just marked it as received.

Svevin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Redthirst wrote: »
    Has anyone played Nihilumbra? I've been thinking about getting it on sale if its like Portal, but in Steam Hub they say that the game is too easy. What can you say?

On a side note, what are the requirements to join PA Adventure Team?(I know that you can't join while the sale is so close)

Hmm, let's see...

Join date 3+ months? Check!
    Post count in 3+ figures? Check!

Post a link to your steam profile @Redshirt. :)

(These aren't hard and fast thresholds, but they seem like serviceable rules of thumb.)
    Here you go http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073194950/. And still, what do you people think about Nihilumbra?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Winners are:
    Orcs Must Die 2 Complete: Kanden
    Dragon Age Origins Ultimate: iRevert

It closed early in the morning but then I overslept.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Winners have be picked for my FEAR trilogy giveaway

FEAR 1: Grats to @KristmasKthulhu

FEAR 2: Grats to @Gregalor

FEAR 3: Grats to @cooljammer00

Once I get these finished/confirmed, i'll be putting 2 more up. And these 2 are a couple of my favorite games, one if which is the first game i 100% on steam.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Come and get me!

You are gotten sir, 16.8 million I had an invasion that I rocked for about 15 million. Thats a pretty fun table.

"well played evil!" ah, that quote means something, but you have to play my local pathfinder (i.e. D&D 3.5) pen and paper game to get it. I will be back.. when I'm not tired.

kWWd6tn.jpg

Seems I need to play that table again...

• Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular

Come and get me!

kWWd6tn.jpg

Well, that escalated quickly...I bumped the old Pinball thread awhile ago so we can use it to talk trash and not clutter up the steam thread to much with all out pinball war *shakes fist*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Berylline wrote: »
    Here are the winners!

Awesome Beryline

Kings Bounty is such an addictive series

Can't wait to marry off a princess to the inhabitants of a belt

I'm still stuck at the end of the first game.

It's devolved into a massive attrition grind and I had to put it aside, but I haven't gone back.

I really want to play the sequels, but I can't allow myself to leave the princess unsaved.

@man of the waves

You should look up some guides because generally the game is only a grind in the sense that there are a lot of battles to fight once you get a stable strategy working.

My favorite was a single massive stack of paladins( or dragons*) plus Armageddon. Because you only have one stack the revive passive ability is guaranteed to go off so you just nuke everything forever and then use your abilities for more mana on the next fight.

*dragons have more base health and so individuals are more likely to survive a fight. This makes them good for non revive teams. Paladins have amazing total health and defense which makes them great for a revive team.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Are you on the fence about buying Divekick?

Well let me ask you two very important questions:
    Do you enjoy diving?
    Do you enjoy kicking?
    If you answered yes to either of these questions then you should buy Divekick. If you answered no to both of these questions? Well then you probably just haven't dived and/or kicked enough to truly appreciate them, in which case you should buy Divekick.

Not convinced? Well here, let the smuggest face in video game "jounalism" tell you all YOU need to know about Divekick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_mG6b3DBs

DIVEKICK!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Thanks @Iolo for invite

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Thanks @Dyvim Tvar for Divekick! I will dive, and also kick, in your honor.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @Dyvim Tvar just Dive Kicked me in the face! Thank You!

Hopefully playing this will improve my feeble, pathetic attempts to play Skullgirls.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Also, all of you new Adventure Team members should know that we run an active and friendly chat. If you are a chatty type please stop by and say hi!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Divekick is fun to me because i like fighting game but am not patient or clever enough to actually learn how to play those.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »
    And the winners of the 15th Half-Life Anniversary are:

Half-Life 1 Anthology - BigDes
    Half-Life 2 - highentropy
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - haeg81
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Was Kevko, but I requested a new winner because...
    Half-Life Complete - Kevko

Congrats to the winners, and hopefully I'll have the new winner for Episode 2 soon.

Thanks a lot! I was thinking of how to handle the whole episode 2 fiasco, then I see that it is already taken care of. Thank you again for the classy giveaway!

edit: BTW, I still see the steamgifts "received?" option for episode 2. I just marked it as received.

You might want to unmark it; Steamgifts is still processing my request for a new winner and I don't want them to think I'm farming points or something :D

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Thanks Dive Tvar for Dyvim Kick...errr @dyvim tvar for dive kick

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular

Come and get me!

kWWd6tn.jpg

Well, that escalated quickly...I bumped the old Pinball thread awhile ago so we can use it to talk trash and not clutter up the steam thread to much with all out pinball war *shakes fist*

I was thinking about this.

But then I thought because Pinball FX 2 is so tightly integrated with your Steam friends list, and because there is at least one free table (Sorcerer's Lair) AND there is a Humble Bundle for 80% of the tables, it's very easy for this game to achieve a level of critical mass where practically everybody in the Steam thread has it. Just my 2 cents, but it's fun trash talking in a game that is practically Steam at this point. That's how ubiquitous Pinball FX 2 has become.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Are you on the fence about buying Divekick?

Well let me ask you two very important questions:
    Do you enjoy diving?
    Do you enjoy kicking?
    If you answered yes to either of these questions then you should buy Divekick. If you answered no to both of these questions? Well then you probably just haven't dived and/or kicked enough to truly appreciate them, in which case you should buy Divekick.

Not convinced? Well here, let the smuggest face in video game "jounalism" tell you all YOU need to know about Divekick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le_mG6b3DBs

DIVEKICK!

Apparently I too shall Divekick. Thanks @Dyvim Tvar!

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    @Dyvim Tar must have activated Kick Factor or something, since he hit me with a copy of Divekick as well! Thanks man! and thanks to @Corsini for Orcs Must Die 2! Everything's coming up Kanden!

Kanden on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    As someone who got Divekick earlier via coupon, it's okay, but really really seems like the sort of thing which needs two people playing on the couch next to one another to be really entertaining.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Not really a game or a Steam related deal, but you can get the Standard version of GameMaker Studio for free:
    Explanation: http://gamemakerblog.com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/
    In case the previous site is still down: http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2013/11/26/gamemaker-studios-standard-edition-now-free-for-budding-game-creationists/
    Download link: http://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

EDIT: you can use the same method to get your key through the free Steam version. But it seems you can only use the key on the version you download from their site.
    -Download the free Steam version
    -Install and load it
    -In the first menu select MAKE
    -In the next window you will see an UPGRADE TO MASTER COLLECTION NOW! add. Ignore it and click the arrow on the right side too see another add.
    -You will see an UPGRADE TO STANDARD FOR FREE NOW! add. Then click the CLICK HERE BUTTON.
    -Enter you email address and press REGISTER
    -Reenter you email address and press REGISTER to verify it.
    -You will get an email with the key to unlock the Standard version, but you will need to use the version downloaded from http://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Drake wrote: »
    Also, all of you new Adventure Team members should know that we run an active and friendly chat. If you are a chatty type please stop by and say hi!

Is there still time to join the adventure? If not I'll just chat...through Pinball and Typing scores!

EDIT: Thanks Drake!

Mudzgut on
    steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    I also have been rudely assaulted by that rogue known as @Dyvim Tvar. Dive Kick you say? I reluctantly accept.
    Just kidding. Thanks! You Rock!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    I've been idling games and selling my cards for a few weeks now in preparation for the sales. I've gone from $3 to $24. Thanks for the free money, Steam!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Podunk wrote: »
    I've been idling games and selling my cards for a few weeks now in preparation for the sales. I've gone from $3 to $24. Thanks for the free money, Steam!

What cards are you selling that you're actually getting money for? All of the cards I've ever won go for mere pennies.

• Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Podunk wrote: »

What cards are you selling that you're actually getting money for? All of the cards I've ever won go for mere pennies.

Lots of pennies, mostly. I haven't done the card thing since the Summer sale, and I have far too many random games, so I had a large volume of cards. I think the highest value ones I had were from Triple Town and Sequence which were .30 to .40 each if I was patient. But most of my sales have been in the .08 - .12 range.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    At some point after the sale, hopefully I'll be added to the groups, but, for now, I have a Jade Empire: Special Edition to give away pre-sale.

PM me a haiku based on the Steam sale and the best one (in my judgement) will get this quality game (that like 99 percent of people have).

PM your haiku
    dare to compete to get Jade
    The empire awaits.

• Options
    rvrv Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I haven't been very active in the thread lately, but I wanted to swing by and thank @Lindsey Lohan for the gift of DIVEKICK.

rv on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Recall the jade hype
    so many people let down
    But not TSR

• Options
    This is my meta haiku about Jade Empire:

The chart betrays you
    "But today's the last sale day!"
    Cheaper afterwards.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I forget, is tomorrow the supposed start of the week-long Thanksgiving sale?

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Well now

Congrats to @gregalor for to winning both Rage and Red Orchestra

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Remember that time?
    The day after the Steam sale:
    Jade on sale. I lolled.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It worked. I bought Jade Empire the day after the sale ended because it was cheaper than it had been all sale long.

And I STILL haven't played it.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I ... I thought Divekick was a gag game, like a spoof of fighting games with the whole two-button schtick. It's not, though? It's a real thing people actually want to play?

... I feel so misinformed sometimes.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Public Service Announcement before we head into the sales. Some indie bundles, particularly the Indie Royale Bundle, have a habit of updating old bundles with Steam Keys without notifying you. Take a few minutes to go back over your purchases to see if new keys have been added. For example, I just checked and was able to add 99 Spirits, Vox, and Signal Ops to Steam.

This discussion has been closed.