As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Not really a game or a Steam related deal, but you can get the Standard version of GameMaker Studio for free:
    Explanation: http://gamemakerblog.com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/
    In case the previous site is still down: http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2013/11/26/gamemaker-studios-standard-edition-now-free-for-budding-game-creationists/
    Download link: http://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

EDIT: you can use the same method to get your key through the free Steam version. But it seems you can only use the key on the version you download from their site.
    -Download the free Steam version
    -Install and load it
    -In the first menu select MAKE
    -In the next window you will see an UPGRADE TO MASTER COLLECTION NOW! add. Ignore it and click the arrow on the right side too see another add.
    -You will see an UPGRADE TO STANDARD FOR FREE NOW! add. Then click the CLICK HERE BUTTON.
    -Enter you email address and press REGISTER
    -Reenter you email address and press REGISTER to verify it.
    -You will get an email with the key to unlock the Standard version, but you will need to use the version downloaded from http://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

I can vouch for this. Game Maker is a very easy to use engine with it's own language (Game Maker Language) which is kinda like Java? But even with the drag and drop coding and interface, making prototypes for game ideas is ridiculously easy.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    When did the second set of Star Wars tables release for PinballFX?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    When did the second set of Star Wars tables release for PinballFX?
    I think it's only been a month or two since they've been released.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »
    I ... I thought Divekick was a gag game, like a spoof of fighting games with the whole two-button schtick. It's not, though? It's a real thing people actually want to play?

... I feel so misinformed sometimes.

You probably shouldn't have posted that. I don't know why, I just have this weird sixth sense about these things sometimes.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm trying to hold out on a deal for the new set of Star Wars tables. My willpower is degrading quickly.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I ... I thought Divekick was a gag game, like a spoof of fighting games with the whole two-button schtick. It's not, though? It's a real thing people actually want to play?

You probably shouldn't have posted that. I don't know why, I just have this weird sixth sense about these things sometimes.

Well then.

divekick.jpg

@Dyvim Tvar has determined to correct an issue of misinformation. I guess I'll dive. And kick. As long as I don't have to go down like @Excision's girlfriend.

Thank you, classy sir! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Yeah I try to check through past bundles from time to time looking for steam keys that werent there before.
    Just found one in the Groupees Anniversary bundle from a while ago for The Cat Lady.
    May have been added some time ago but I never noticed it.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    While I'm disappointed that the recently released Ashes Cricket 2013 is apparently terrible, I'm surprised it's so bad that it's also been pulled from Steam. Only a few days after we won the first Ashes test, too.

Will we ever get a cricket game that surpasses the spectacular Super International Cricket on the SNES? Not at this rate...

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So elorado is officially my new favorite table simply because the music reminds me of that old game show from when I was a kid, Legends of the hidden temple.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Picked up the 2-pack of Divekick because why the fuck not. Sent the other copy to my fiancee.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @Dyvim Tvar is a monster who gifted me the shakespeare dlc for typing of the dead. Would a dyvim tvar by any other name be so bad at KoF? <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    That was the lag to your hovel in the colonies, I'm actually an exceptional KoF player.

No I'm not :'(

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So who wants to talk Steam news? Because this is a very, very interesting tidbit. The first official Steam Machine has been announced, by iBuyPower. It's more powerful than the PS4, it retails for $499, and it will be in my living room shortly after launch if I have anything to say about it.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/first-third-party-steam-machine-could-already-be-a-console-beater/

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    All you people with gaming partners make me jealous. My wife will only play tetris, and I gave that up years ago cause I can't beat her.
    It usually ends with me throwing a controller and yelling "LETS PLAY SOMETHING WITH GUNS, COME ON!!!1

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Did the GameMaker Studio people run out of keys? I entered my email Addy and didn't get anything after 20 minutes. i'm not used to non-instant gratification! :O

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Halo just about made my wife puke the moment she took control of the character. Fighters and shmups just piss her off to no end.

But Mario Kart Double Dash? It's almost demonic what that game does to her.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I used to play Portal 2 co-op with my ex.

She's my ex for a reason. An unrelated reason, but I just wanted to make @broncbuster jealous

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    My wife will watch me play a pretty wide range of games mainly narrative focused stuff and not overly retro looking.
    But there was that one time I caught her playing Viva Pinata on her own at like 2 in the morning.
    Tried to co-op Lego Lord of the Rings but the camera shifting was vertigo inducing for her.

• Options
    So lately I've been firing up random Steam games that I see the first few people on my friends list playing. Tried out Surgeon Simulator. Gave up after I couldn't get the cooler with the heart open

steam_sig.png

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    My wife will watch me play a pretty wide range of games mainly narrative focused stuff and not overly retro looking.
    But there was that one time I caught her playing Viva Pinata on her own at like 2 in the morning.
    Tried to co-op Lego Lord of the Rings but the camera shifting was vertigo inducing for her.

The dynamic split screen? I think you can turn that off

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    And the winners of the 15th Half-Life Anniversary are:

Half-Life 1 Anthology - BigDes
    Half-Life 2 - highentropy
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - haeg81
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Was Kevko, but I requested a new winner because...
    Half-Life Complete - Kevko

Congrats to the winners, and hopefully I'll have the new winner for Episode 2 soon.

Just an update, Jeix is the winner of episode 2. Congrats to everyone again!

See you all in 15 more years for the 30th Anniversary giveaway :)

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Divekick is both of those things.

There are a thousand in-jokes that are very specific to the fighting game community and fighting games in general, everything from S-Kill's stance to Mr. N's neck pillow.

But it also boils every single round down to the last few seconds of the final round of EVO, where one more hit will take you out of the money.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    So today's the day right?

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    so a certain day that each of us celebrates, in one way or another, just so happens to fall on thanksgiving this year for me.
    Consider yourselves forewarned.
    Bourbon fueled, l-tryptophan impaired, forewarned

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Alegis wrote: »
    So today's the day right?

Tomorrow, technically?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Need to get my last few cards dropped before SteamsGivingAkkuh begins. Just a feeling...

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Papers, Please, again. Choice and Consequences. I don't know if a game has ever had me on the edge of tears out of gratitude before. Granted, I am pretty leaky.

BrocksMullet on
    I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

It is both at the same time.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.
    doing so made the game a lot more responsive for me.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Come and get me!
    0DF21945D46AD20056E5854ED4F257FEA1BC2DD4
    I had a 10X multiplier and did the conquer multiple times!

You are gotten sir, 16.8 million I had an invasion that I rocked for about 15 million. Thats a pretty fun table.

I need to play Rome again to see if I get transfer my high scores from the 360 to Steam.

By the way, no one has beaten my Pasha high score yet, any takers?

9F5A694A29CE2E2676977ED0AE5B4ED150D26C42

I will have to see, but um.. yeah...
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.
    doing so made the game a lot more responsive for me.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Come and get me!
    0DF21945D46AD20056E5854ED4F257FEA1BC2DD4
    I had a 10X multiplier and did the conquer multiple times!

You are gotten sir, 16.8 million I had an invasion that I rocked for about 15 million. Thats a pretty fun table.

"well played evil!" ah, that quote means something, but you have to play my local pathfinder (i.e. D&D 3.5) pen and paper game to get it. I will be back.. when I'm not tired.

I'm so sorry to you all... you made me do this!

kWWd6tn.jpg

Oh, You had to. I don't think I have time to beat you... but I will try.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    And the winners of the 15th Half-Life Anniversary are:

Half-Life 1 Anthology - BigDes
    Half-Life 2 - highentropy
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - haeg81
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Was Kevko, but I requested a new winner because...
    Half-Life Complete - Kevko

Congrats to the winners, and hopefully I'll have the new winner for Episode 2 soon.

Just an update, Jeix is the winner of episode 2. Congrats to everyone again!

See you all in 15 more years for the 30th Anniversary giveaway :)

Just in time for us to be finishing up our HL3 playthroughs.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    When does the sale start?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    tomorrow, probably 16 hours from now?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    So I'm late to the party, but Sequence was actually good fun. I had tried it ages ago, and the combination of rhythm game (which is not my strength) plus managing two more rhythm games, juggling mana, spells and health, just stressed me out.

But getting Steam cards since then plus wanting to upgrade an "Amateur" game to something higher on Raptr convinced me to give it another go. I stuck with it, and after leveling up a few times I could get by with only switching over to health for high multiplier arrows. Just managing two and a half screens worked better, which led to more levels and more drops and better equipment and spells, etc. If you are rhythm challenged like me, don't be afraid to give it a whirl.

I'm one cheevo shy of 100% (and "Elite" on Raptr :)), but to get the last spell I need to hit 97% accuracy on that wicked piano piece with the changing tempo and I'm just not sure I have it in me.

Anyway, I wanted to thank @Lepwave again who gave me Sequence during a Thanksgiving sale... in 2011! Thanks again!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Weak as fuck. I wont be paid for like two weeks. Oh well.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    As seen in my post inthe Game Deals thread. -
    Ha ha Steam Sale! I win until Christmas! I just bought a new TV. 50" screen that's 7 feet from where I am next to the PC. I have no extra funds to give you! MWAHAHAHAHA!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

steamsaletime.jpg

Best I could do. I'm no Hit Bit. :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    As seen in my post inthe Game Deals thread. -
    Ha ha Steam Sale! I win until Christmas! I just bought a new TV. 50" screen that's 7 feet from where I am next to the PC. I have no extra funds to give you! MWAHAHAHAHA!

You think *you* have the power to dictate how much you spend on a Steam sale?

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    God damn...another sale already? Time to update ye old wishlist and not accomplish anything at work tomorrow

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

No worries, according to the leaked email from a few weeks back it is going to be exactly the same as the Christmas sale, so you won't be missing anything that you can't get then except for maybe a couple of flash or dailies.

This discussion has been closed.