As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2014 Forum Badges

• DrSteveMcNaultyDrSteveMcNaulty Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    The dual flags looks awesome!!! Well done.

XBOX GamerTag: The Triple Hat
    3DS Friend Code: 5215-0088-7445
  • KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    This just keeps getting better and better!

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    I'm loving this with the dual flags. It goes with the Revolutionary War theme without the possibility for making anyone not from either of those countries (or associated areas) uncomfortable. With both flags, it's just part of the theme. With two separate badges you'll not only have people wanting both but people who don't want one or the other... or are uncomfortable with solely wearing the flag of either.

• Captain Spaulding IICaptain Spaulding II [E] Marlborough, MARegistered User regular
    Looks great!

Only thing that comes to my mind when I look at it is to maybe tweak the red and blue in the flags to have a little less chroma, sorta like the less vibrant reds and blues you see with that common "antique" sort of look. That's being super nitpicky though, as I really like this design overall.

• DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    I forgot to grab one at last East but I'm determined to remember this time. I love this year's design even more.

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Love it, as always Can't wait to add this one to my collection!

• Dan19721121Dan19721121 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Looks amazing and please make sure I'm still in the list of names I just found out I'm going again this year :-)

Dan19721121 on
  • KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    Looks awesome! Personally I think keeping the Union Jack in there is fine but you know best.

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
  • pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I love it. I know I'm a little late to the party, but... The one idea/suggestion I could offer is...since it's in Boston, and the Boston Tea Party is such a seminal event in the Revolutionary War...any way we could incorporate that somewhere? Maybe with a video game bent? I don't know...throwing controllers/keyboards/mice into the harbor? Something in that vein? Maybe as a "watermark" at the bottom of the poster language? Just a suggestion...it's VERY good just the way it is.

pilferk on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I like the idea of referencing the Boston Tea party. It's not event I'm very familiar with as we in the UK are not taught about the Revolutionary War as we're more focussed on Hastings, the British Civil War and the industrial revolution. Be that as it may I can certainly do something that references that event. Let me work on it.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    As usual, I am down for whatever form this takes!

JfqWFk8.png
  • ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Looks great as usual! I love collecting these badges!

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    looking good

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i want one this year, last year i went to get one and it seemed no one knew what i was talking about when i went to get them at the pick up point

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
    i want one this year, last year i went to get one and it seemed no one knew what i was talking about when i went to get them at the pick up point

It all depends on who you ask. There are a lot of people at the BYOC desk and if you try to get one before I drop them off, they will have no clue as to what you're asking about. I always drop them off midday on the first day of PAX.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    looks awesome! I'll actually be able to make it this year so I would like to be added to the badge pretty please. :)

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    I really can't wait to see this in real life, and finally see my name on it!

• upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Awesome work! I dig the idea of incorporating the "tea party" somehow.

• ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    Always down for this, whatever form it takes. Please add me to the back, if it's not too late. :)

PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • DarkshowersDarkshowers Registered User regular
    Looking great as usual. This PAX forum badge is always the first thing I get Friday morning when I arrive at PAX East. It's become a tradition for me now since PAX East 2010.

Ds3hsEH.png
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Looks awesome! If it's not too late, please have me up on there again this year (I saw it, but wasn't sure if it was last year's list).

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's not even close to too late afaik.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm on board for this.

• KaladinKaladin Western NYRegistered User regular
    Will there be some sort of 'last call' for getting your name on this?

There always has been in the past, yes. I find it likely that there will be in the future.

• RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    I am stoked about this badge! It looks great, as usual.

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • GoocruxGoocrux Registered User regular
    ***FIRST EVER POST***
    I am new to the forums but this will be my second PAX EAST (2013). I plan to be extremely active in the community as I am an avid gamer and I love PAX!
    I just have a couple of questions about the forum badges, if you don't mind.

1. How would I get my name on this badge?
    2. How would I go about getting one of them?
    3. If I do end up getting one, should I go and pick it up at PAX or would it be delivered to me?
    4. Are the badges free?
    5. How many of them are there?

Thank you for answering my questions!!!

1) you just did!
    2) stay tuned!
    3) it shall not be delivered!
    4) yes!
    5) as many as necessary!

• aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    Me and my plus one daughter (meganrox) :)

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
    @Goocrux Greetings I am the creator of the Forum Badges and this thread. While @zerzhul has done an excellent job of answering your queries please allow me to expand a little more:

1) People who participate in this thread get their name on the back of the badge. This also applies to moderators, the person who made the badges and historically Robert Khoo for being Robert Khoo. Sadly I seemed to have missed him out over the past few badges, which is a bit of a shame.

2) Either attend the Pre PAX Dinner and/or the Board Game Night or pick one up from the BYOC desk after 12pm the first day of PAX East. If you pick them up from the BYOC desk you will be asked some questions that only a forum member would know the answer to. This is to ensure forum badges go to forum members.

3) You have to pick them up. I cannot and will not be posting these to anyone for I am a person of limited means.

4) Kind of. Payment is via participation of being active in this forum community. While not tangible as such, it is still something you have to do in order to get one.

5) Usually the number of names on the back plus a few dozen more. I have never run out of them.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

kropotkin wrote: »
    @Goocrux Greetings I am the creator of the Forum Badges and this thread. While @zerzhul has done an excellent job of answering your queries please allow me to expand a little more:

1) People who participate in this thread get their name on the back of the badge. This also applies to moderators, the person who made the badges and historically Robert Khoo for being Robert Khoo. Sadly I seemed to have missed him out over the past few badges, which is a bit of a shame.

2) Either attend the Pre PAX Dinner and/or the Board Game Night or pick one up from the BYOC desk after 12pm the first day of PAX East. If you pick them up from the BYOC desk you will be asked some questions that only a forum member would know the answer to. This is to ensure forum badges go to forum members.

3) You have to pick them up. I cannot and will not be posting these to anyone for I am a person of limited means.

4) Kind of. Payment is via participation of being active in this forum community. While not tangible as such, it is still something you have to do in order to get one.

5) Usually the number of names on the back plus a few dozen more. I have never run out of them.

Thank You!!!

Can't wait till PAX!!!

• miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    kropotkin does a great job every year, and they are not very difficult to get your hands on if you are on the list. Last year I happened to miss kropotkin at the board game night (I think he left just before I got there or something like that) so I picked it up at BYOC. Since my username was on the back they didn't ask me any questions but either way it woulda been simple enough if you use the forums.

Once again great job Kropotkin. It looks great as always. Hopefully I'll get to thank you in person this year!

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    This looks really cool. I would be interested in the "tea party" idea that has been talked about.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • ThirmuriThirmuri CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Another great badge theme

• JamersJamers Registered User regular
    Just saw the redesign of this badge and I love it! Thank you Kropotkin :)

The badge is looking really good from what I have seen. Would you be able to post a pic of everything that you have done so far.
    Thank You @Kropotkin

• vickinatorvickinator Cookie Brigade Organizer :) New YorkRegistered User regular
    Can I please be added? I love the design! Thank you so much!

• KythosKythos Mister. Registered User regular
    I seriously can't wait to pick my badge up

PAX East 2017: Badge [X] Lodging [X] Plane Tickets [X] Time Off [X]

XBL/PSN: MiFengXia Twitter: @MiFengXia 3DS: 2423-3603-7854 Steam: Kythos
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    harro

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • LevelUpLadyLevelUpLady Registered User regular
    Looks great! I was wondering if these are physical badges or something special for the forum? (sorry new here) if its a printed badge how big is it? My only thought is how big the text/font is vs the print size. Thats my only two cents :) Love the design besides that!