As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinstorming [Pin Design Ideas]

• Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the pin set will be that replaces Lookouts as fodder and when it will come out? Or will they instead reprint Lookouts? Has there been any word lately about the subject?

I kind of wonder if we'll see any six pin sets again due to the "cheapest fodder out of the store" problem that it led to*. In which case, any 4 pin set that costs the standard amount will suffice.

(* - I could see exceptions being made if it were a limited run of something.)

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    gacbmmmlgacbmmml Registered User regular
    adambarg wrote: »
    Hingo wrote: »
    What if there was an added bonus of getting into the PAX 10? Mike and Jerry pick a game out of the 10 and design a pin. Or, is there not enough time between the announcement and PAX to actually get them manufactured?

Counting Kingdom pin would have been sweeet. Probably not enough runway to do it between Pax10 selection and the event itself, and I imagine that period is super-busy to begin with.
    The pins are known/ordered months before the event in question.

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    So I was looking at what pins are currently on eBay and saw AoE up there for…50 dollars! WHAT?! What a deal, lmao.

• Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    If... IF there is a Paul and Storm pin, I want it to be related to the Captain's Wife's Lament. So much want.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    People are kinda going nuts over Darkest Dungeon of late. The logo would be a nice pin, and if they released it around about time of the full games release (possibly Prime or Aus), I could see it being popular for trading.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Hingo wrote: »
    If... IF there is a Paul and Storm pin, I want it to be related to the Captain's Wife's Lament. So much want.

Let this be a thing....
    Paul and storm pin would sell out.

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    With the new Oddworld title New n Tasty finally releasing on multiple consoles and PC next month, I would love a Oddworld pin. Could potentially happen.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    its the fishfishmonkeyhat of the pin world, nuff said

further proof

96npf4rme938.jpg

YOUR SKILLS ARE WEAK OLD MAN!

6Mc6isP.png

CastleGuyFace.png

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Lots of people say 'you win the internet' all the time, but this is the first time i can say it with any validity. GG

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Needs the angry eyebrows.

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular
    You should make your own limited edition pin (well, button because you can actually make them yourself) -- I know I'd chase you around an expo hall shouting FISH for one.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What are the chances that when our community gets big enough we just create our own pinny?

• Options
    Happendy wrote: »
    What are the chances that when our community gets big enough we just create our own pinny?

It has been discussed. If I can get a visa sorted I might just commission them, because then I get to ask for multipart Pins!

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »

It has been discussed. If I can get a visa sorted I might just commission them, because then I get to ask for multipart Pins!

I can think of one forum member that would work perfectly for a multipart pin....but i dont want to say his name because he would never let us live it down :P

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Solelron?

• Options

PedroAsani wrote: »

I can think of one forum member that would work perfectly for a multipart pin....but i dont want to say his name because he would never let us live it down :P
    Solelron?

NowHiringHenchmen, because each part could be a Henchman.

• Options
    dmosineedmosinee Davenport, IARegistered User regular

If by pinny you mean a metal die struck enamel lapel pin like most of the pinny arcade pins -- then anyone here could do it right now. It's not even that expensive and there are a number of companies out there that will do runs as low as 100.

If you mean an official Pinny Arcade pin, then I would venture to say we will never get to create our own. We may be able to convince Kiko or Robert or someone to make and sell one with some of our design ideas -- but that's not really the same thing as creating our own.

Digital Lanyard, I love trades - https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dmosinee
    http://pinmash.info - Two pins enter, one pins leaves... then the other pin leaves with a lower Elo rating
  • Options
    2 fish 1 monkey connected by the hat

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    Solelron?

I don't think I quite am multi-part, though I suppose a cool multi-hat Spyke pin would be neat. :) (spyke is registered name of Munchkin Mascot)

• Options
    I just read the Eclipse comic today, I think that would make for a really cool LE pin.

• Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    And now I need a Samus pin.

Hell, let's just have a Super Smash Bros pin series already. Enter the fray, Nintendo, and reap what dark rewards from us that you may.

• Options
    First pin with NFC chip.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    First pin with NFC chip.

Discontinued after the first ten purchases because gotta make room on the shelves.

Geometric Cube on
  • Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Dear Pin-Gods,

I humbly come before you to request a Rex Ready pin because dinosaur secret agents are cool.

Your humble servant,
    Evil santa.

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    W1ZWwYP.png

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    Lanyard Pinoy.

• Options
    How about some classic Sega pins? Sonic could get a set, and there could be some single pins for House of the Dead, Alex Kidd and all that. Also, how about a Pinball pin?

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    evil santa wrote: »
    Dear Pin-Gods,

I humbly come before you to request a Rex Ready pin because dinosaur secret agents are cool.

Your humble servant,
    Evil santa.

This, every bit of this.

• Options
    in the latest comic, i would LOVE a pin of that forest lion creature, its also in the last page of the previous eyerwood series, Would be great.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    in the latest comic, i would LOVE a pin of that forest lion creature, its also in the last page of the previous eyerwood series, Would be great.

Came here to say this. That creature would make an awesome pin. Also, the girl with the antlers. Heck, I'd love a Thornwatch 2 set that included:

- The beast
    - The kid
    - The girl
    - Bird 1
    - Bird 2
    - ??????????????????????

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    We'd need a thornwatch 1 set first! :P I know what you meant though. Looking forward to the expected thornwatch kickstarter pins.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular
    silrn wrote: »
    We'd need a thornwatch 1 set first! :P I know what you meant though. Looking forward to the expected thornwatch kickstarter pins.

Ah, you're right. Sorry, I am combining lookouts and thornwatch in my head. What expected thornwatch kickstarter pins are you speaking of?!?!

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    silrnsilrn Fairfax, VARegistered User regular
    Ah, you're right. Sorry, I am combining lookouts and thornwatch in my head. What expected thornwatch kickstarter pins are you speaking of?!?!

It isn't a confirmed set or anything. However, we know that the Thornwatch game is going to be kickstarted to fund its production. It has been requested that a set of Thornwatch Pinny Arcade pins either be a reward tier or a stretch goal.

• Options
    In the Thornwatch Panel, Mike said he definitely wanted the Crest as a Pin.

I would have thought that the four Thornwatch is an ideal Set on it's own, so maybe have both? A regular Thornwatch Set in the store, and a Kickstarter Limited Edition Crest Pin as well.

• Options
    As a general request, more Multi-part Pins, Flourescent Pins, Lenticular Pins and other experimental stuff.

Thornwatch Set as Multi-part? It does fit the theme that they are all connected...

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I don't know how I haven't seen a request for a "grumpy kemper" yet.

• Options
    I posted this in another thread, but I would very much like this pin to exist (no apologies for my poor sketching abilities):
    NVG46Jk.png

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Maybe our community pin can consist of as many users as possible crammed onto/around the DLC couch.

• Options
    BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    Square should make a Kingdom Hearts pin set so that there're Pinny-Arcade-Not-Disney-Pins Pins. Plus Sora, Goofy, Donald and a Keyblade must be together on my Lanyard.

Take a look at my pins