As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinstorming [Pin Design Ideas]

• Options
    BurtBurt Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    I posted this in another thread, but I would very much like this pin to exist (no apologies for my poor sketching abilities):
    NVG46Jk.png

That would be an awesome!

• Options
    JuicesirJuicesir The Boy with the D&D Tattoo Registered User regular
    In honor of the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter and the rare-vival of the buddy collect-em-up, I really want a Yooka-Laylee pin. ^_^

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Juicesir wrote: »
    In honor of the Yooka-Laylee kickstarter and the rare-vival of the buddy collect-em-up, I really want a Yooka-Laylee pin. ^_^

Agreed, but as a result of all this nostalgia being thrown in my face. I really want a banjo kazooie pin...

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Well Rare is still working on something... I assume it's a new Battletoads given all the love lately, but I wouldn't mind a new BK game assuming it's good and doesn't involve cars. And considering MS has done pins, it wouldn't be too farfetched.

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I'm still gunning for the retina display Mike/Jerry. One of these Paxen it's going to happen... *shakes fist*

I'm still hoping for a Child's Play pin that the proceeds go to charity. It would actually be really cool if they were given to all the auctions that raise money for Child's play (ex: Desert Bus & etc.) so it doesn't give the image of being associated with PA, if they didn't want it to be?

• Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I don't even know what I would pick if I were given the option of choosing a pin design of my own. Obviously it has to look good on my collar opposite the talent pipes (prrrrrecious), but...I don't know.

The Triforce is always a solid design, but I keep coming back to Tycho bemoaning the lack of pixel art pins, and where do you even begin there? Shovel Knight? A potion? Question Mark block?

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    I know it's a ways off, but I'd be pretty happy to see a Mirror's Edge 2 pin come some PAX next year ... Easy options out there too, between Faith's iconic tattoo, both red and black variants, and the ME messenger bag. Of course I might be biased and love to have a ME messenger bag pin while still toting around my ME messenger bag. :P
    Mm, also, the never-to-be-had-because-it-came-out-at-just-the-wrong-time Forza Motorsport pin. In another reality, this exists. But not in this one. And sad pandas we Forza devotees get to be.
    Sorry, less lamenting. Lets get back on track ...

It's probably impossible at this point due to the age of things, but a pin set based around the games featured in Indie Game: The Movie would have been pretty neat too. Braid, Super Meat Boy, Fez, and the hanging controller. Again, too easy, but I'm not sure who would even produce it if people wanted it. :/

• Options
    evil santaevil santa To infinity...and beyond!Registered User regular
    Considering the relationship that Mike & Jerry and their respective families have with the game, I'm surprised we don't have Minecraft pins as of yet...

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I for one am fine without anything Minecraft :p

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Third party stuff is usually to promote a new game, or an upcoming one. I don't have high expectations for existing stuff unless there is a reason to promote it (GOTY, etc)

• Options
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Third party stuff is usually to promote a new game, or an upcoming one. I don't have high expectations for existing stuff unless there is a reason to promote it (GOTY, etc)

Ehhh there's been a few pins for games that had already been released.

TF2 set (and I assume we'll have a part 2 at Prime)
    Chariot (Unless there was an updated version I missed, this had been out for a while before East)
    Etoi (Tearaway had been out for 5 months)
    Every Behemoth pin before East 2015
    etc.

So yes, most pins are for new/ish products, there's still quite a few that rep older stuff as well.

• Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, there's TF2 pins?! I...I must have it...

• Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Degraine wrote: »
    Oh shit, there's TF2 pins?! I...I must have it...
    They're a tad more expensive than the average set, but yeah!

Lazorz on
  • Options
    I'm just glad they didn't blind box the tf2 pins...yet

Pinny Pals Profile

“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    evil santa wrote: »

*takes notes*

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Beker wrote: »

*takes notes*

Hissssssss

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh, um yes!

Glad they didn't blind box those ice-creams!

• Options
    Beker wrote: »

*takes notes*

*sighs*

Pinny Pals Profile

• Options
    edited May 2015
    So I had this awesome idea for a pin today. You know how Prime badges are announced randomly and sell out lightning quick? Well, what if PA released a "Queue Master" pin, where they randomly announce its launch on @Official_PAX and the availability numbers are super limited, so you have to be in the queue in the first 10 minutes to even get one.

Or maybe make it an option with Prime badge sales next year. Like there's Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon tickets, and then a fifth option that's the limited Queue pin for $15 and only the first 1000 people who order it alongside their badges get one.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Lazorz wrote: »
    So I had this awesome idea for a pin today. You know how Prime badges are announced randomly and sell out lightning quick? Well, what if PA released a "Queue Master" pin, where they randomly announce its launch on @Official_PAX and the availability numbers are super limited, so you have to be in the queue in the first 10 minutes to even get one.

Or maybe make it an option with Prime badge sales next year. Like there's Fri, Sat, Sun, and Mon tickets, and then a fifth option that's the limited Queue pin for $15 and only the first 1000 people who order it alongside their badges get one.

You shut your mouth. You realise they read this, right? You monster.

• Options
    merchmistressmerchmistress Registered User regular

*takes notes*
    Beker, you gettin this?

• Options
    YOU HAVE DOOMED US ALL

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015

*takes notes*
    Beker, you gettin this?
    @Beker this is very important. Life-changing, even.

Lazorz on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    It could very well change your life.

From "alive" to "dead" at the next PAX you attend.

:P

fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited May 2015

@Beker this is very important. Life-changing, even.

Which pins come out is not really my thing at all. Also the badge queue is not something we want to have there, its a necessary evil. We certainly would not want to encourage even more people to queue up for the badge craziness.

Keep those good ideas going, we are always* watching.

*actually we sometimes miss things.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    I would thoroughly enjoy a CD Projekt Red set of some variety.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So here is my idea, In order to encourage DLC donations for Childs play, (DLC pins seem to raise a fair bit)
    They produce a PIN similar to the DLC, but with the Child's Play logo on Tycho's monitor.
    The only way to get this pin is by donating a DLC to Child's play.
    Now its not an official pinny arcade pin, so its not for trading, It's to fill the bottomless void of no longer having a DLC while encouraging donations for Childs play.

Capt Wasabi on
  • Options
    WOULD THIS NEW PIN BE LIMITED!?

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    WOULD THIS NEW PIN BE LIMITED!?

Only by your imagination my young piscine piscine simian millinerian friend!

• Options
    Than I'm out.

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    All I heard then, was that I now need two DLC's :)

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    @PedroAsani would then be the only person who will ever have a full set...

This cannot happen.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I did not think of that, we must unite together to defeat the Pedro overlord not aid him....hmmmmmmm
    Perhaps my idea is a terrible one.

• Options
    Dont let his charming brittish accent fool you. 'Pedro Asani' is a phrase of a long lost language used by an ancient tribe of hoarders which literally translates to "Destroyer of Collections"

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    @PedroAsani would then be the only person who will ever have a full set...

This cannot happen.

Challenge accepted

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Was watching the stripsearch dvds and it occurs to me that Khoo in a devil costume would be an awesome Halloween pin.

• Options
    I just realized with Microsoft releasing Rare Replay before PAX Prime completely voids the now last chance ever of there being a Banjo Kazooie pin :(

• Options
    Not sure if this has come up previously but I think Wil Wheaton's Tabletop would make for a lovely pin

Pinny Pals Profile

• Options
    I know it's early on, but I'm keen for a Nightlight pin set now. The story has it's hooks in.

Pinny Pals Profile

• Options
    Warpwind Warpwind Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    With the new Alphabear game out from Spry Fox I'm keen for another pin from them. Moar Bears!