As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon: Try to be surprised that Gen III remakes are coming.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Downloaded the GBC TCG game, aaaah the nostalgia! I'd forgotten how good the music is in this game.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    aaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    corocoro8145.jpg
    corocoro8146.jpg

• Options
    im fuckin deid rip

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I need some context for that STAT! Can we dress up other pokemon? Is it some kind of kimono girls style plot battle?

What is going on!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    pokedex is now just a gba

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    the gen 3 pokedex always looked like a gba

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So can you only dress up females?

I mean there are no male tails from what I can tell

Jimothy on
  • Options
    the coloring is unique on that tail too, it might be a unique that pikachu only thing or an npc thing

of course I can't read japanese so I'm guessing like whoa

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    First point of order - remove as many Pokemon as possible from my deck that depend on coin flips for their attacks to do anything. I'd forgotten how many cards depended on that back in the day.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Unless you're playing the Game Boy game, in which case those are pretty easy to manipulate.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So can you only dress up females?

I mean there are no male tails from what I can tell

Female tails don't look like that either.

I don't know what the significance is, but there are no Pikachus with black on the end of their tails.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    The notch that makes the tail look like a heart shape is common to all female pikachu, even if the color is different

huge pokemon nerd awaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh I didn't notice the tail. That black heart-shaped spot could be a birthmark, which means it would be one specific Pikachu you dress up.

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    The notch that makes the tail look like a heart shape is common to all female pikachu, even if the color is different

huge pokemon nerd awaaaaaaaaaaaay

I know, I just feel like if it didn't mean something they would have kept it yellow.

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ha ha, I'd forgotten that Ronald's deck is called "I'm Ronald!". Dork.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Dear Nintendo of America,

please stop being so much worse than the other branches of the company just once and put the TCG game on our virtual console as well.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    energy trans + exeggutor + like 10 grass energy + big eggsplosion = fun times

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I was browsing recent sets looking for cool card art (my favorites will always be the little clay Dittos that were disguised as Pikachu and the Kanto starters, w/ respective typing)

Then I found this fucker

21-qwilfish.jpg

This would've WRECKED in the classic Haymaker. But nowadays like it's been said it's all EX this and that. I don't even know why people bother collecting the other cards, just make EX versions of everything. Also Dragon typing got the shit end of the stick; it's not necessarily an overly powerful type, there's plenty of pre-evo stages and such but to make each and every Dragon type need two energy? That's bull. But Fairy types don't have that limitation. Who at (whoever makes these decisions) hates dragons so much?

E: Please please please Gamefreak give Quilfish a Mega-evolution that's basically a naval mine. Please.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    One more thing, never having used them myself but I think the Pokemon Lv. X cards were the best of both worlds; you still required evolution, they fit into an evolutionary state while also requiring you to sacrifice deck space for power, and they gave you a significant boost without being ridiculous. Plus using the Lv. X for Megas would've been perfect. Instead we migrated to Prime cards (which are ugly), and kept the lazy art style and brought back EX.

This is how fundamentally flawed the game feels; I can't play a deck, if I wanted to, evolving a Squirtle into a Wartortle, or bypassing it into a Blastoise with Breeder (because that card was awesome), and then allow it to Mega evolve in game. I can't. There's absolutely no need for me to even have Squirtle anywhere near a Mega Blastoise deck. Evolution no longer plays into the TCG.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    E: Please please please Gamefreak give Quilfish a Mega-evolution that's basically a naval mine. Please.

Yes! and make it Steel/Poison.
    although I always wanted that to be an evolution

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    Dragons seem like they were introduced to encourage dual-type decks, they tend to be pretty powerful too. Though that doesn't mean Fairy should arbitrarily have the same restrictions.

• Options
    that quillfish is incredible

automatic poison what even

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    It's really bugging me that that card has weakness to Grass type, considering Qwilfish is neutral to Grass and resistant to Bug, but weak against Electric, which a lot of Water cards have as a weakness anyway.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    the card game weaknesses tend to be vexingly incorrect

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    How would one get a Turtwig with a hidden ability?

I'm assuming the ability capsule wouldn't help with this.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Dys wrote: »

With some difficulty it looks like; it's not available in Friend Safaris so you'd have to find one that's been transferred up from B/W. Assuming the hidden ability was ever released on the Dreamworld of course, which I'm honestly not sure about.

TCG cards tend to just have weakness based on their colour rather than the actual pokemons typing, so you'll get things like Joltik being weak to ground and Tropius weak to Lightning which aren't quite true to the games. But then I'm not a big fan of the elemental weakness in the TCG anyway seen as it just generally puts one deck at an advantage based solely on its colour, but whatever.

Also speaking of card art I dug one of these up on the online client (spoilered for ludicrous image size):
    430px-ReshiramLegendaryTreasuresRC22.jpg

So, I guess theres a Reshiram printed surrounded by cherry blossoms, for some reason.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    RESHIRAM IS NOT WEAK TO WATER AEGHFWGWJHEFHWGHHWR

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    RESHIRAM IS NOT WEAK TO WATER AEGHFWGWJHEFHWGHHWR

Shhh.

Its okay Beasteh. Its okay.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    The inaccurate weaknesses was one of the main reasons I didn't get into the TCG in middle school and just never picked it up.

Plus being able to stack status effects other than condusion + x.

• Options

With some difficulty it looks like; it's not available in Friend Safaris so you'd have to find one that's been transferred up from B/W. Assuming the hidden ability was ever released on the Dreamworld of course, which I'm honestly not sure about.

Bah, I'll just make myself onw with the default ability once I'm done with this bulletproof chesnaught I guess.

• Options
    edited July 2014

I could breed you one. By which I mean, I have an HA Torterra I could put out to stud.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited July 2014
    FYI all the Gen IV starters are legally available (they were released with purchase of... I want to say BW2... from Wal-mart for a while). After the Bank opened, intrepid Redditors over at Pokemon Giveaway did a good job of circulating them.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I could breed you one. By which I mean, I have an HA Torterra I could put out to stud.

@OmnipotentBagel‌, that would be awesome.

I just need the ability, I can take care of the rest of the breeding from there.

• Options
    I have that Resharim! It is pretty amusing. And 99.9% of Pokemon cards are mono-typed so concessions are made for weaknesses.

• Options
    @Dys Looks like I've got some breeding spillover saved in the Bank so I withdrew one and it's good to go. I'll probably be on most of the evening so hit me up if you see me.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm actually stuck at work until around midnight est right now, so don't bother waiting for me man. Tomorrow I'm not working a double though thankfully.

• Options
    Thanks, by the way, @OmnipotentBagel‌.

Torterra's my favorite starter by a wide margin and just having a viable one is going to be rad.

• Options
    Thanks, by the way, @OmnipotentBagel‌.

Torterra's my favorite starter by a wide margin and just having a viable one is going to be rad.

Dys has good poke-pinions.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I'm actually stuck at work until around midnight est right now, so don't bother waiting for me man. Tomorrow I'm not working a double though thankfully.

Yeah probably won't still be up by then, but I should be around tomorrow evening. Man, GameFreak really needs to create some sort of offline "Pokemon gift" function so you can just send folks stuff whenever.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Pokeshaming is the best new thing to come from the internets.

An example can be found here.

This discussion has been closed.