Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[League of Legends] Now playing the SaltyTeemo drinking game

2456799

Posts

  • ExpigatorExpigator Registered User regular
    So. Jungle Brolaf. Broless swings or Brocious strikes at level 1?

    Dude you read my mind. I keep seeing this Korean meta with Olaf/Shyvana picks and I immediately start searching the web for Olaf builds. I know Shyvana is OP but it's funny how it trickles down from the pros to yoloque. Not that I'm going to be ahead on any curve because I did try Olaf post-rework and failed. I'm interested in this multiple Doran's style I see them running. They do eventually get SOTAG/Tabis. But it seems the Koreans really focus on that early game damage. Hydra being too late unless fed to do anything.

    "Look out here comes"..."Susan"..."Suuuuuuuuuuuuusan".
    "Woah, I just scared myself!"
  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I just want an excuse to break out my brolaf skin. I bought olaf and started jungling specifically because I loved that skin in S2.

    Also I played some Dominion last night after all the talk in the last thread. It was actually really fun. Also Rengar so OP in that map. Leaps everywhere hahaha.

  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    So. Jungle Brolaf. Broless swings or Brocious strikes at level 1?

    Neither. Your fastest blue buff comes from taking Q and spamming it and picking it up as you fight the buff. Definitely don't take E, because it costs enough health and Olaf already doesn't have the healthiest first clear.

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    Everyone love triforce now I see for a bunch of AD carries. Why is that, because of the sheen change?

    On another note, did the build order change for Marksmen? Like I always try to rush BF sword on my first back, but lately I have been seeing people going another dorans + boots 2. Is this optimal or only for some carries? I saw it on Sivir which made me extra confused.

    Yeah, the Sheen/Triforce buffs a while back made it incredible for marksmen that can make good use of it - Ezreal, Corki, and Lucian mainly.

    Picking up Greaves very early seems like a trap to me. In a 2v2 lane your own mobility doesn't necessarily matter that much, and the marksman that grabs a pickaxe or BF sword instead of boots is considerably more likely to win trades.

    Also, where's the "Shyvana is OP" thing come from? She's jumped up massively in popularity over the past few weeks, and I'm not quite sure why...

  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    dasnoob wrote: »
    I just want an excuse to break out my brolaf skin. I bought olaf and started jungling specifically because I loved that skin in S2.

    Also I played some Dominion last night after all the talk in the last thread. It was actually really fun. Also Rengar so OP in that map. Leaps everywhere hahaha.

    It's great you are having fun with him on dom but as far as being a worthwhile champ to play on it Rengar is on the weaker half of the roster.

    9e0txHT.gif
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Burnage wrote: »
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    Everyone love triforce now I see for a bunch of AD carries. Why is that, because of the sheen change?

    On another note, did the build order change for Marksmen? Like I always try to rush BF sword on my first back, but lately I have been seeing people going another dorans + boots 2. Is this optimal or only for some carries? I saw it on Sivir which made me extra confused.

    Yeah, the Sheen/Triforce buffs a while back made it incredible for marksmen that can make good use of it - Ezreal, Corki, and Lucian mainly.

    Picking up Greaves very early seems like a trap to me. In a 2v2 lane your own mobility doesn't necessarily matter that much, and the marksman that grabs a pickaxe or BF sword instead of boots is considerably more likely to win trades.

    Also, where's the "Shyvana is OP" thing come from? She's jumped up massively in popularity over the past few weeks, and I'm not quite sure why...

    I think everyone is anticipating the new jungle changes? Not only will counterjungling set back the opposing jungler, its now going to give you even more gold. I can see counter jungling being really popular once the patch goes live.

    As for triforce, I have not tried it on Lucian, but I will have to. Although, I really dislike lucians ult. I find it really hard to use well in the lane.

    Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    A lot of Shyvana's jump in popularity comes from the buff to her E. Instead of being armor shred, it now gives on hit % max health damage when she smacks marked targets.

  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    dasnoob wrote: »
    I just want an excuse to break out my brolaf skin. I bought olaf and started jungling specifically because I loved that skin in S2.

    Also I played some Dominion last night after all the talk in the last thread. It was actually really fun. Also Rengar so OP in that map. Leaps everywhere hahaha.

    It's great you are having fun with him on dom but as far as being a worthwhile champ to play on it Rengar is on the weaker half of the roster.

    Oh it is noob city for me right now. I've yet to have a game where I wasn't the only person on both teams to take revive.

  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    Expigator wrote: »
    So. Jungle Brolaf. Broless swings or Brocious strikes at level 1?

    Dude you read my mind. I keep seeing this Korean meta with Olaf/Shyvana picks and I immediately start searching the web for Olaf builds. I know Shyvana is OP but it's funny how it trickles down from the pros to yoloque. Not that I'm going to be ahead on any curve because I did try Olaf post-rework and failed. I'm interested in this multiple Doran's style I see them running. They do eventually get SOTAG/Tabis. But it seems the Koreans really focus on that early game damage. Hydra being too late unless fed to do anything.
    OP is just about the last word I would use to describe Shyvana. And Hydra Olaf can facetank your whole team. He's also a real pain in the ass in lane again with the most recent buffs.

  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    So what I'm hearing is that Lucian grew up with a really overbearing helicopter parent

    Like Zenon is one of those obnoxious mothers who slaps granola bars out of peoples hands because OMG MY BABY IS ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS

    except he's like NO STOP BUILDING HIM THIS WAY STOP USING HIS ULT THAT WAY STOP IT

    HE'S MY BABY

    and then Lucian goes to college and becomes his own person

    *nod*

    NaphtaliBurnageTannerMSSproutoverride367PacificstarLord_Asmodeus
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    alternatively, TF cares not for how your champ functions.

    its a hell of a drug.

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    TalithPacificstar
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    A lot of Shyvana's jump in popularity comes from the buff to her E. Instead of being armor shred, it now gives on hit % max health damage when she smacks marked targets.

    But she's had that since July - why has her play quadrupled over the past three weeks? Did the nerfs to assassins make ganking less important, maybe?

  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    People are playing Shyvana in anticipation of s4, which is potentially going to bring farming junglers back in vogue. She's always been good at what she does, what she does just wasn't highly valued in s3.

    Smaug6
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    So what I'm hearing is that Lucian grew up with a really overbearing helicopter parent

    Like Zenon is one of those obnoxious mothers who slaps granola bars out of peoples hands because OMG MY BABY IS ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS

    except he's like NO STOP BUILDING HIM THIS WAY STOP USING HIS ULT THAT WAY STOP IT

    HE'S MY BABY

    and then Lucian goes to college and becomes his own person

    *nod*

    but with horrible relationship issues and an Oedipus complex.

  • TannerMSTannerMS Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    A lot of Shyvana's jump in popularity comes from the buff to her E. Instead of being armor shred, it now gives on hit % max health damage when she smacks marked targets.

    But she's had that since July - why has her play quadrupled over the past three weeks? Did the nerfs to assassins make ganking less important, maybe?

    My guess is that it's the same reason we're seeing a lot of Riven play. Both champions take small missteps and turn them into massive advantages. When you're a little bit better than your opponent but you're both generally bad (not challenger), you can scale hard and carry from top.

    No one cared when we had LCS and WC going because they aren't great 2v1 characters and pros are less likely to fall for a level 2 all-in. IIRC mediocre Chinese and Koreans did a bunch of Shyvanna top in Season 3, it just wasn't adopted by the super stars.

  • AustralopitenicoAustralopitenico Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    So. Jungle Brolaf. Broless swings or Brocious strikes at level 1?

    Neither. Your fastest blue buff comes from taking Q and spamming it and picking it up as you fight the buff. Definitely don't take E, because it costs enough health and Olaf already doesn't have the healthiest first clear.

    Q? You surely mean Underbro.

    Pacificstar
  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: »
    My guess is that it's the same reason we're seeing a lot of Riven play. Both champions take small missteps and turn them into massive advantages. When you're a little bit better than your opponent but you're both generally bad (not challenger), you can scale hard and carry from top.
    I'm struggling to see how Shyvana's snowball is even remotely equivalent to Riven's. As far as I can tell, top Shyvana is just an inferior version of Renekton.

  • dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    TannerMS wrote: »
    My guess is that it's the same reason we're seeing a lot of Riven play. Both champions take small missteps and turn them into massive advantages. When you're a little bit better than your opponent but you're both generally bad (not challenger), you can scale hard and carry from top.
    I'm struggling to see how Shyvana's snowball is even remotely equivalent to Riven's. As far as I can tell, top Shyvana is just an inferior version of Renekton.

    False. She's a dragon. Dragons are cooler than crocodiles.

    Albino BunnyJunlea
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    A lot of Shyvana's jump in popularity comes from the buff to her E. Instead of being armor shred, it now gives on hit % max health damage when she smacks marked targets.

    But she's had that since July - why has her play quadrupled over the past three weeks? Did the nerfs to assassins make ganking less important, maybe?

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Shyvana's a better split pusher than Renekton, which I think has a lot to do with it.

  • TannerMSTannerMS Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Coinage wrote: »
    TannerMS wrote: »
    My guess is that it's the same reason we're seeing a lot of Riven play. Both champions take small missteps and turn them into massive advantages. When you're a little bit better than your opponent but you're both generally bad (not challenger), you can scale hard and carry from top.
    I'm struggling to see how Shyvana's snowball is even remotely equivalent to Riven's. As far as I can tell, top Shyvana is just an inferior version of Renekton.

    I think Renekton is a lot better than Shyvanna in almost every situation. I'm imagining a situation where you're Shyvanna against Shen or Elise or someone and you get an early gank for first blood at 2. You can be back in lane sitting on boots and a doran's blade with 2 points in burnout before he hits level 2. If he comes anywhere near exp range, you can chase him all the way to his tower with W. Renekton can deny last hitting with his superior trading, but as long as they stay out of dash range or have a single short CC/escape (Jax E, Shen E, Riven EQW,etc.), they can still soak exp.

    EDIT: It looks like 74% of shyvana's are jungler anyways (which is even weirder to me) so I guess I'm mostly off the mark

    TannerMS on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, can the pre-season changes go live already?

    So sick of the current setup.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    PrjctD_CaptainBurnagePolaritieMatevAlbino BunnyMomoriskyknytLord_Asmodeus
  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Shyvana's a better split pusher than Renekton, which I think has a lot to do with it.
    Oh, maybe that's it. And Olaf is probably spending the game splitpushing too. But splitpushing is infuriating bullshit so I don't really consider it. And the S4 changes don't look like they're going to be doing much to fix how hydra and shiv broke it.

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Inhibitor turrets regenerating is going to help a lot when defending against split pushing. Right now it's not an easy strategy for an uncoordinated team to counter.

  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    embrace the poot summoner's rift

    7UVunkN.jpg
  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Inhibitor turrets regenerating is going to help a lot when defending against split pushing. Right now it's not an easy strategy for an uncoordinated team to counter.
    Yeah, but that won't help them taking down all your other turrets the moment you look away.

  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    hmmm

    apparently the new samurai guy is certainlyt's champ

    wherefore art thou, sand mage

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. Registered User regular
    well now that just confuses me

    7UVunkN.jpg
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    hmmm

    apparently the new samurai guy is certainlyt's champ

    wherefore art thou, sand mage

    so he's going to be as overpowered as mitsurugi too

    NaphtaliTalithMarth
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    inc. true damage alpha strikes with resets

    9e0txHT.gif
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Registered User regular
    - OGN replay going on right now. SKT1 vs Team NB.

    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I dunno I would almost always get bf over boots/Doran unless you scale with attack speed like vayne. Maybe it's better on other champs too

  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I guess we're not getting the Shurima patch/Xerath rework until... uh... at least 3.16 now? Because we're getting 3.14 next week, and that's way too early for the samurai champ to be thrown in. It'll probably take a month for 3.15, so we might get the Sand Mage in January and Ao Shin sometime in 2014?

    Push everything back by another month if Yasuo gets Yano as a rival in the patch immediately afterwards.

  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    - OGN replay going on right now. SKT1 vs Team NB.

    singed with twin shadows... wtf am i watching?

  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    An AP MS item with MR against a double AP team that also has a slow that helps him get into toss range.

    9e0txHT.gif
    programjunkieMiniwolfSampsenLord_Asmodeus
  • MiniwolfMiniwolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Joe K wrote: »
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    - OGN replay going on right now. SKT1 vs Team NB.

    singed with twin shadows... wtf am i watching?

    you're watching a fed split pushing singed, use a vision item to his advantage.

    Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    i,m singed

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    Marth
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    inc. true damage alpha strikes with resets

    I FUCKING HATE CERTAINLYT

  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    inc. true damage alpha strikes with resets

    I FUCKING HATE CERTAINLYT

    What other champs did they make?

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * ~ Week-Long Dance-a-thon Booty Ribbon ~ * ~
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    inc. true damage alpha strikes with resets

    I FUCKING HATE CERTAINLYT

    I love certainlyt. We balance each other roz.

    League of Legends:Varega
This discussion has been closed.