As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Now playing the SaltyTeemo drinking game

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I've tried jungle Irelia. The biggest problems that I encounter with her are that a) she's a bit weak to counter-jungling early on and b) your team will give you absolute hell for running her.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    the best outside-the-box jungle pick is Kog Maw

You farm pretty well, and your ganks are hilarious. Not because they're any good mind you, but because your opponents will just sit there and laugh.

"JUNGLE KOG MAW WHAT IS THIS SHIT?"

Then you'll hit them with your slow, and start melting them with your W, and this will continue to work every time.

Then you get fed and carry.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    the best outside-the-box jungle pick is Kog Maw

You farm pretty well, and your ganks are hilarious. Not because they're any good mind you, but because your opponents will just sit there and laugh.

"JUNGLE KOG MAW WHAT IS THIS SHIT?"

Then you'll hit them with your slow, and start melting them with your W, and this will continue to work every time.

Then you get fed and carry.

Junlge Kog initiates by murdering a carry in the backline via bombardment.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I've tried jungle Irelia. The biggest problems that I encounter with her are that a) she's a bit weak to counter-jungling early on and b) your team will give you absolute hell for running her.

Alternative: You run a normal jungle but your team craters since hey yoloq. Since you are jungle it is of course your fault and your team gives you absolute hell for it.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    AP Kog'Maw is my favorite Kog'Maw

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    dasnoob wrote: »

Alternative: You run a normal jungle but your team craters since hey yoloq. Since you are jungle it is of course your fault and your team gives you absolute hell for it.

OMG WORST EVE EVER.

uh... i'm 6-0 can't help that both of you botlaners died twice before 3 mins.

OMG REPORT EVE.

#bronzelife

Joe K on
  • Options
    A pretty good rule of thumb is that if you have twice as many deaths as anyone else on your team, it's not any of their faults.

Now if I only I could physically hammer that rule into the skulls of solo queue players.

• Options
    I had a team that gave the jungle Rammus on my team shit because he had died 8 times. Dude had almost 30 assists. Rammus was getting shit done.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    A pretty good rule of thumb is that if you have twice as many deaths as anyone else on your team, it's not any of their faults.

Now if I only I could physically hammer that rule into the skulls of solo queue players.

But what if it actually is his fault? He could be sitting in the bush ready to gank, waiting for his lane to go in. When they go in, he doesn't follow, then goes in afterwards and cleans up every time. Maybe if he had gone in at the right time everyone would have lived?

It's not likely, but it's possible.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    Well, that's why I said it's a rule of thumb. Sometimes your deaths will be caused by other players, but generally if you're dying a lot it's probably your own fault and trying to throw blame around won't help the flow of the game.

• Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I really need to get back into Irelia. Such a fun champ to play, just wish there were cooler skins for her. Or update her art.

frostbooty pls

Never seen it in game, I'll look it up.

the splash art looks great, her face in game is a little weird but

dat frostbooty

• Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Well, that's why I said it's a rule of thumb. Sometimes your deaths will be caused by other players, but generally if you're dying a lot it's probably your own fault and trying to throw blame around won't help the flow of the game.

Absolutely. It just bothers me sometimes when people come on here and complain about their lanes giving them a hard time, and all they give us is their kda. There is far more to this game than kda.

Sampsen on
    Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    There needs to be more popstar skins so we can field a whole team.

Ahri
    Riven
    Irelia
    Ezreal
    Janna

Seems pretty solid to me

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hahahah.

So, I picked top Nasus.

The enemy team was mad. 0/5/0 laning phase. But we won because making top go 0/5/0 means you have no map pressure anywhere else for the entirety of laning phase, and I'm just going to farm CS to catch up anyways.

Edit: credit to my team. Had they not been able to capitalize on that, it would have been bad news bears, because I was a valuable team member in the long run, but I didn't carry or anything.

programjunkie on
  • Options
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

Ahri
    Riven
    Irelia
    Ezreal
    Janna

Seems pretty solid to me

irelia is a terrorist, replace her with teemo

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Joe K wrote: »
    Popstar Gragas

Popstar Urgot

7yJX5.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    We do need some kind of musician Jax, so he can beat people up with an instrument.

Boyband Jax would be best, because tambourine.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »

Ahri
    Riven
    Irelia
    Ezreal
    Janna

Seems pretty solid to me

An all female pop group I see.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Oh man, that brings back the memories. Probably first Lol joke I ever got:
    funny-pictures-lol-channel-auto-505591.jpeg

Roz on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Hahahah.

So, I picked top Nasus.

The enemy team was mad. 0/5/0 laning phase. But we won because making top go 0/5/0 means you have no map pressure anywhere else for the entirety of laning phase, and I'm just going to farm CS to catch up anyways.

Edit: credit to my team. Had they not been able to capitalize on that, it would have been bad news bears, because I was a valuable team member in the long run, but I didn't carry or anything.

There are ways to lose top but still help your team. If you lose top by requiring constant enemy jungle presence while your mid and bot snowball and take every single dragon, you're probably helping your team.

Sometimes you end up helping your team in this fashion without volunteering to do so, AKA "guess we found out which 2 of them are duo-queue'd."

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Ran the parser.

Miss Fortune, Taric and Yorick are my top plays.

Also Pacificstar is the person I have played the most games with.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Ran the parser.

Miss Fortune, Taric and Yorick are my top plays.

Also Pacificstar is the person I have played the most games with.

How large of a period did this capture? I feel like we played a lot this time LAST YEAR, and then big lull, then like 10-15 ranked games

EDIT ALL THOSE ARAMS I FORGOT

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    Are they doing anything to runes in season 4? I'm debating on whether to buy 3 lifesteal quints or a new champ.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Interesting, my logs go back almost exactly two years, Wed Nov 16 2011.

Hi, I like to ADC!
    Caitlyn	79	2,511
    Ezreal	71	2,195
    Graves	66	2,102
    Ashe	65	1,945
    Jinx	63	1,878

Also checks out with who I played most of my five mans with.
    WolfMini		251	7,592
    BillGates91		202	6,385
    Frosteey		191	5,856
    HopelessDreamer		177	5,797
    TeknoXI			157	4,917
    skippydumptruck		117	2,726
    FossaFerox		111	3,537
    Delphin			104	2,727
    PacificStar		68	1,806
    Billbotnik		57	1,799

Looks like @Miniwolf is fir- fuck wait, @BillGates name changed and that means ... 259 games?

Noooooooooooo.jpg

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Are they doing anything to runes in season 4? I'm debating on whether to buy 3 lifesteal quints or a new champ.
    rickless said they are going to "tone down the oppressively strong runes" (because god forbid the mandatory IP grind actually feel rewarding), so I think you should definitely wait.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    man i will suck a lot of riot dick but fuck runes seriously

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Possibly. They're looking to move away from mandatory runes like armor yellows but I don't think they'll dip into messing with lifesteal.

• Options
    About to start the dominion pain train message me in game to get an invite.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Possibly. They're looking to move away from mandatory runes like armor yellows but I don't think they'll dip into messing with lifesteal.
    Everyone using lifesteal quints has really warped both bot and top lanes, I would be shocked if they didn't. In my opinion they should delete and refund them, people walking into lane with doran's blade/shield and lifesteal is obnoxious.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Everyone using lifesteal quints has really warped both bot and top lanes, I would be shocked if they didn't. In my opinion they should delete and refund them, people walking into lane with doran's blade/shield and lifesteal is obnoxious.

Yeah, lifesteal are just as bad as armor, they're basically mandatory for marksmen and such.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, lifesteal are just as bad as armor, they're basically mandatory for marksmen and such.

but what else are you going to do with runes?

seriously.

lifesteal has it's place. it's been nerfed to hell for S3, just leave lifesteal alone.

/britney.jpg

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    About to start the dominion pain train message me in game to get an invite.

I'm eating dinner, but will try to jump in after

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    They should also delete all the crit chance runes.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

seriously.

lifesteal has it's place. it's been nerfed to hell for S3, just leave lifesteal alone.

/britney.jpg

Man, when my ADC and I get the drop on Varus and he's able to duke it out with us, win, and be at full health not 15 seconds after almost getting him to 0, lifesteal is not nerfed.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    According to lol parse I have never played any champion more than 4% of the time, I'm all over the board

I'm glad it didn't track stats like missed last hits, losing fights started, times overextended

• Options
    Matev wrote: »

seriously.

/britney.jpg

Man, when my ADC and I get the drop on Varus and he's able to duke it out with us, win, and be at full health not 15 seconds after almost getting him to 0, lifesteal is not nerfed.

sure it has, you used to be able to buy a vamp sceptre for 435, and it was 10%.

but if you're talking about remove crit, remove armor remove ls, WTF DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO?

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    Are they going to nerf sivirs ratios on her q or no? Its insane.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    they are buffing sivirs lategame Q and nerfing her earlygame Q on the PBE

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.