As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox One] Come On, Jump in! Over One Million Served! Gamertag List in OP

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    squeeeeee download go faster!!!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    Twitter blowing up with impressions and images. I sure we'll have some videos shortly.

eGBgepC.jpg

D8vczeI.jpg

wow, so much for that NDA... :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I wonder if XBox tattoo guy realizes the game is coming to PC as well...

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure if the guy with the xbox controller tattoo hadn't gotten into titanfall he would have committed suicide.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I wonder if XBox tattoo guy realizes the game is coming to PC as well...

Considering it's an Xbox 360 controller, thats a platform indifferent picture... or maybe "not Sony?" who knows.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    I mean, I have a tattoo of the Master Sword on my arm. I get video game tattoos...but a platforms controller? Seems like having a chicks name tattooed to your body.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    eh you wouldn't bat an eye if it was a NES controller. people like their systems a lot! I would probably get an xbox logo on me if I had money to waste and liked tattoos (but I don't so yeah)

• Options
    Oh no, I've got no problems at all. I've got some silly tattoos myself.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The 360 controller is a god tier controller, though I wouldn't get any controller tattooed on me. =P

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I was franticly trying to record some great Titanfall clips, but it does seem to have game DVR disabled... sad face.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    I was franticly trying to record some great Titanfall clips, but it does seem to have game DVR disabled... sad face.

Hmm, so I was right? Anyone else not able to?

I wonder if they're able to block a standard capture card portion of it too.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    All right. I got the X One and added myself to the gamer tag list and sent out friend invites.

Now to jump into Forza!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

Hmm, so I was right? Anyone else not able to?

I wonder if they're able to block a standard capture card portion of it too.

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJcFSroxM0

• Options
    Wonder how they'll handle it.

My robot brain thinks that the people who violated the terms they agreed to abide by should be removed from the alpha. But I don't think that's going to happen.

• Options
    Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    Anyone else have the game DVR not record things? I had an amazing three knife streak in BF4 earlier, immediately said "Xbox, record that" it recognized it, but it never popped the "clip recorded" message. Also, when I've done the Game DVR snap and then recorded 3 or 5 minutes, it has yet to work once.

Otherwise, I love this damn thing, but I can't show off how awesome I am. Any ideas?

XBL - TeenageHead
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Question: can I still use my regular DVR remote to play what's recorder on said DVR while hooked up to the One? I was going to test it myself, but for some reason the One refuses to show any television at all and I didn't have time to fix before going to work.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Annnddddd there goes my BR driver. Started to make the grinding noise. Guess I'm calling Microsoft next week.

• Options
    Question: can I still use my regular DVR remote to play what's recorder on said DVR while hooked up to the One? I was going to test it myself, but for some reason the One refuses to show any television at all and I didn't have time to fix before going to work.

You should be able to use. I still use my regular cable box controls from time to time.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    yeah, it works fine. I keep that remote around for just that purpose.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    Thanks, guys!

In the meantime: yep, Dead Rising 3 is definitely the best in the series for me thus far. Both levels and blueprints come fast and furious and keep things interesting, and the difficulty and save system seems a lot more fair.

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    025550.jpg

He finds your Femer attempts at stopping him quite Humerus.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I recently received a 1600 point XBL card as a gift. Which was a lovely thought, but... I don't really use my 360 anymore, and it's going to be a while before I pick up an XBO.

Would anyone be interesting in trading for it? I apologize if this thread isn't really the correct venue for it, but I'm a little confused as to how much 1600 XBL points is worth now.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I recently received a 1600 point XBL card as a gift. Which was a lovely thought, but... I don't really use my 360 anymore, and it's going to be a while before I pick up an XBO.

Would anyone be interesting in trading for it? I apologize if this thread isn't really the correct venue for it, but I'm a little confused as to how much 1600 XBL points is worth now.

20 bucks.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    I'll be picking one up today. I wanted to pick it up a few days ago for the chance at titanfall alpha, but just didn't have the time. I think the only game I'll be getting is killer instinct and maaaaaaybe dr3.

• Options
    Crayon wrote: »
    I'll be picking one up today. I wanted to pick it up a few days ago for the chance at titanfall alpha, but just didn't have the time. I think the only game I'll be getting is killer instinct and maaaaaaybe dr3.

The benefit of both those games is that you can try before you buy.

The Dead Rising demo does not give you quite enough room to experience the true zaniness of it all, but you can get a feel for the controls and the look and feel of the title.

The game doesn't really start to shine however until you are riding a rollerhawg (motorcycle + steamroller covered in blades and barbed wire + flamethrowers) through hundreds of zombies while wearing nothing but underwear and a lego head.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    rollerhawg 4 lyfe

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Okay. Voice commands are awesome. I never had kinect 1.0. I just spent ten minutes telling it to pause and start because why the hell not?

The controller is okay, but I find the ds4 leagues better.

Oh, Dead Rising mandatory 5gb update? Guess I won't be playing tonight.

Xbox kill yourself.
    I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

Crayon on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Okay. Voice commands are awesome. I never had kinect 1.0. I just spent ten minutes telling it to pause and start because why the hell not?

Xbox kill yourself.

Different strokes, I guess. I respect tha the DS4 is vastly improved over the 3 and I don't hate it, but I just have the damndest time playing the games I like on parallel analog sticks. My brain wired itself to the xbox style back in the duke days of Halo 1, and I cannot break the habit.

I don't think either console is deficient on the controller front this generation, which is good though.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I just find it too small, compared to the 360 controller I guess, the ds4 just contours better. But yeah, it is a great controller, I won't deny that. I like the os layout a lot.

Maybe that opinion would change if I could play a game.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I prefer the Xbone controller aside from the bumpers, which are a god awful step down from the 360.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Dead Rising 3 is great.

However, I'm a little pissed at some of the glitches. I don't even think Capcom has acknowledged them all:

1) Some Smartglass missions are buggy. I couldn't finish one in my playthrough.
    2) Beer Hat is uncraftable despite unlocking the blueprint.
    3) Haven't confirmed, but I heard that some other combos aren't working.

Nothing gamebreaking, but annoying and certainly achievement-breaking.

I'm hoping the DLC release will include fixes for these.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Weird. I never had a problem crafting the beer hat... or any of the combo weapons. I had a problem getting the drink combos to register for a pp trials though.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Weird. I never had a problem crafting the beer hat... or any of the combo weapons. I had a problem getting the drink combos to register for a pp trials though.

This game has weird minor glitches. Oh well. I'm holding off on Nightmare Mode until the patch comes out.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    I like playing Killer Instinct online :0

Only fighting game I've ever taken online and not instantly wanted to stab myself in the face and blow up the internets...

Sabrewulf, you so crazy with your mixups <3 I buy all your clothes for you x

Can't wait for skellington-guy.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    KI is a ton of fun, and yeah the online isn't toxic like most fighting games. I want to use jago and thunder, but sabrewulf is just unstoppable when you get good with him.

• Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I'm scared of good Glacius players, when they know how to lock you at long range, his combos can be hard to break, tricky to get close enough to wolf his dumb face in. I suck at playing him though. Thunder is fun. I need to play more Jago, lost badly to a couple of good Jago fighters.

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    glacius is the dhalsim of this game, and thunder is the zangief. obviously jago is ryu, but I find him a bit trickier to use than ryu actually. I like sadira a lot too, but I still don't know her combos very well.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure if the guy with the xbox controller tattoo hadn't gotten into titanfall he would have committed suicide.

I hope for his sake the xbox division never shuts down...
    There are some people out their with tattoos of old sports teams that have moved away and changed their name lol

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Xbox kill yourself.

Different strokes, I guess. I respect tha the DS4 is vastly improved over the 3 and I don't hate it, but I just have the damndest time playing the games I like on parallel analog sticks. My brain wired itself to the xbox style back in the duke days of Halo 1, and I cannot break the habit.

I don't think either console is deficient on the controller front this generation, which is good though.

what is this? the 7th console generation?
    These guys should have it down by now
    It would be inexcusable if they didn't

This discussion has been closed.