Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Pin Presentation/Display solutions and pictures

191011121315»

• ArinochArinoch Registered User regular
    Thanks for the inspiration everyone. With the Mario set due in my mailbox soon and the new Ac Inc blind boxes looking rad, I really need to make display my next project. Heck, I have the original DLC pin and it's sitting in a drawer right now!

RILMS
  • Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So like last year, I got 100% of the PAX West pins and then traded for the core sets and poly's for the other 3x shows.
    Went ahead and designed another poster since last years turned out so well and got good reviews from you fine folks: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/34830826/#Comment_34830826

Waiting to print it out and get it all put together but thought I would post the design for thoughts/opinions.

I know the resolution isn't high enough for you to read it and such, but that's fine, with last year's display you get the idea.

F544ka8.jpg?1

12/9/16: Poster came in last night. Photo doesn't do it justice. Great quality and shine to it. Will put it together sometime this weekend.

RbMa2vY.jpg?1

Spokane_SnowMan on
    ajetog@gmail.comfishfishmonkeyhatagentcooperCount3DtimmywilmisskassbravesaturnRILMS
    And before I do that one ^^ tomorrow. Here's a little one from today.

A1lIe91.jpg?1

theoriginalzCapt WasabiskelleragentcooperbravesaturnRILMS
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Nice. Where'd you get the art from?

I wanted to doing something like that for the Arma pins, but all the art available was too low rez.

Nice. Where'd you get the art from?

I wanted to doing something like that for the Arma pins, but all the art available was too low rez.

First post in the AI thread has a nice resolution image.
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204892/acquisitions-inc-the-2016-blind-box-set/p1

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Nice, but where are you going to put the silver skull?!

luckycharmRILMS
    gRjQWf3.jpg?1

Next to last years:
    oSrkztC.jpg

2slayerutheoriginalzastroboiluckycharmfishfishmonkeyhatskelleraleph0mightyh0bbeszerzhulagentcoopermisskassCapt WasabibravesaturnRILMSKurpav
  • ArinochArinoch Registered User regular
    Wow, beautiful. You've inspired me to try to design my own.

RILMS
  • EmilieEmilie =^.^= Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    My newest pin display. The wall hanging is from Etsy so I can't take credit for that. wk1rql1qb1m7.jpg

misskassfishfishmonkeyhatagentcoopermightyh0bbesRILMS
  • pobblebonkpobblebonk Registered User regular
    Tacocat!

edited February 15
    I just ordered one of these, so review soonish.

EDIT: Voting on displays I see these are probably the same ones @Ajaxon posted a few years back.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    Devereaux
    Couldn't remember if I posted the Armadeaddon or Mario ones, doesn't look like it.

NuFZdZQ.jpg?1

agentcooperzerzhul2slayeruHingomisskassfishfishmonkeyhatDCDeaconRILMS
  • zwitterionzwitterion Registered User regular
    Couldn't remember if I posted the Armadeaddon or Mario ones, doesn't look like it.

NuFZdZQ.jpg?1

Good stuff man.

• DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    I just ordered one of these, so review soonish.

I use similar cases for my collection. You can see my "Framed" pic on PinnyPals. I have 6, but only show my favorite case :P I get my cases from Amazon. They are expensive but great! If you value your collection as much as I do, this is an awesome way to display it!

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;) https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
    fishfishmonkeyhat
  • bravesaturnbravesaturn World's Best Entry Level Employee Registered User regular
    We just finished another frame. I'm looking forward to making the rest when we have time!

uppjcdg5pu1p.jpg
    qcv22heazllh.jpg

theoriginalz2slayerufishfishmonkeyhatastroboiHingoahstoddardSammy.SammisskassagentcooperSpokane_SnowManDCDeaconDevereaux
  • InterestingMixInterestingMix A little bit of everything really Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm curious and interested to know people thoughts on best backing colour and material for pin displays.
    I will be covering a cork backing with something, likely felt, (at the moment that test frame is black felt), but would love to know what people think is the best backing colour and material based on their experiences.

8fuuoRK.png
    One day, the "DSB Merch" pin shall be mine, oh yes
    would love to know what people think is the best backing colour
    I think it depends on the display. If it is specific to a certain PAX than the color of the show always looks great (Prime/Blue, East/Red, AUS/Yellow). Other than that, personal preference, depends on the room, blah blah blah.

Zelda next to Mario. Need to get all these things on the wall eventually...

xNJHr2S.jpg?1

astroboi2slayeruluckycharmmisskasszerzhulagentcooperRILMSahstoddardfishfishmonkeyhat
    Went back and did a 2013 and 2014 and put the pins I had in.

Wb9f0le.jpg

fishfishmonkeyhat2slayeruzerzhulluckycharmahstoddardRILMS