As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragon's Dogma] Dragon's Dogma 2 in the making. Please be excited.

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So, news of the PC version has got me playing Dark Arisen again, and there is something I've always wondered...

What the heck is the Dragon saying at the very beginning? the wiki says it's in Latin, but they don't have a translation, and the curiosity is killing me.
    PLA wrote: »
    I can't remember if the NPCs who disappear after questchains eventually disappear anyway, or if it's only through their quests.

Well, not including SiegfriedJulien and Mercedes, I think Madeleine will still disappear even if you don't start her final quest, but then again, that isn't a big deal, since she's the only one of the NPCs that leave near the end to show up post-game on her own without having to make her your beloved.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I'm not 100% sure, as it's been quite a while since I played, but I seem to recall the dragonese is translated in NG+. I don't remember what he's saying, but it's definitely spoilers.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KElREpNxiko

Hard to make out, but there's something about seeking in there, and a lot of "me me me".

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Been so busy playing MGSV haven't had time to play DD online yet.

Did any one other than me have fun playing with mystic knight? Was something quite fun creating glowing homing shots and wacking them all over the place.

I hope to see more Beserk nods in DD online.

The Dragon and the dragonkin (bandname!) have some serious voicefilters going on. Consider the line, "VRRROOOOOMDEUS ULTRAVRROOOM."

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    Huh, guess I never found Holy Cuisses or Dragonroar. I thought I did.

Just as a heads up anyone wanting to try running the Japan version of DD online may want to look here.

http://ddonline.tumblr.com/areamasters.html

I have tried it and it's good. If you loved dragons dogma your going to love this.

If people want me to post some info I will, if not I'll just say nothing and carry on playing. I'm learning it as I go.

Best free to play since war frame for me.

That's odd. I did Reward and Responsibility without getting a ring-cutscene at all. Edmun just looked at the chest, turned around, and spoke his "take all that you see"-line.

Conditions were mantle already stolen, and forgery delivered. Respawned chest held a Coin Purse of Charity, btw.

• LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Just as a heads up anyone wanting to try running the Japan version of DD online may want to look here.

I have tried it and it's good. If you loved dragons dogma your going to love this.

If people want me to post some info I will, if not I'll just say nothing and carry on playing. I'm learning it as I go.

Thanks. Helped out and I got a JPN account along with the game now to try it out. The only issue is that proxy servers are hella slow and this game requires lots of downloading.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

Thanks. Helped out and I got a JPN account along with the game now to try it out. The only issue is that proxy servers are hella slow and this game requires lots of downloading.

Once you start downloading you should be able to turn off proxy servers without any fuss.

Also, once you log in you can also turn of proxy servers.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    How is the grab-button in Online? Still fun to throw things?

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but the Steam page for the PC version is up. :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    It was up a while ago.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

Uhh, I think I killed every head of a Gorechimera without depleting all the health. It just stood there.

edited September 2015
    Uhh, I think I killed every head of a Gorechimera without depleting all the health. It just stood there.

Yeah, I've done that before. It's because Gorechimera snake head can regenerate, and the goat head can cast Anodyne, so the body's health can be extended past what it takes to kill all the heads, but all the heads dying doesn't insta-kill the thing like with a regular Chimera.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    Yay, I took Rook through the whole game to beating the Dragon.

And PS3 is on Ur-Dragon 777.

For those attempting DD online just found this a handy link for damage output.

https://m.reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/comments/3lt2rq/understanding_stats_and_how_they_affect_your

Did Ur-Dragon get tougher? Did I get old? I used to kill it during grace-period, but now Periapt-stacking Focused Bolts just tickle.

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Doesn't it get tougher each time it's killed?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited September 2015
    Supposedly that stopped soon after generation 100.

PLA on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Did Ur-Dragon get tougher? Did I get old? I used to kill it during grace-period, but now Periapt-stacking Focused Bolts just tickle.

Maybe they nerfed the stacking?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    Can't remember if I needed Bloodlust/Autonomy before. That would be missing, now.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, they nerfed them to hell.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    Been replaying this on the 360, and man, I wish someone told me sooner Magick Archer's Shadowpin is basically a Grapnel you drop on the ground that you don't need to channel. And then DA adds a third tier to the skill that makes it affect a massive area. So useful in Bitterblack Isle.

steam_sig.png
    The mechanism of Eminence apparently counts being lifted and carried, though that's of little use.

The mechanism of Eminence apparently counts being lifted and carried, though that's of little use.

Unless you're an MA that's lit themselves on fire.

steam_sig.png
    It's a cool power but you usually have little room in your arsenal to equip it.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

It's a cool power but you usually have little room in your arsenal to equip it.

For general use, true, but in the right situations, it's hella powerful.

For example: Did you know it does physical, not magick damage? You can kill a golem crazy fast just by lighting the match and then standing/hanging next to the medals, which is especially great if you use perma-enchanted weapons to boost the power of the amazing Scension (or because most of your non-MA levels were as a mage or Sorc, and therefore have crap attack stats.) making your Kisses spam against golems not much more damaging than actual kisses. Physical damage also means it's damage should be boosted with Opportunism as well. Not sure how Flameshroud Thousand Kisses spam would compare with Tempest Harness Thousand Kisses Spam for weak to fire monsters like Gazer and Cursed Dragon, but it is always nice to have alternatives.

steam_sig.png
    It might also pull the medallions of the metal golem closer to the ground.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

edited September 2015
    Eminence is ridiculous for the warriors heavy attack. It's a multiple hit attack and with eminence it rivals special attacks. I had it permanently equipped, because I used the warrior jumping attacks all the time.

If you are on fire.
    You can't be grabbed.
    You break out of it automatically due to the damage ticks. It even works against hellhounds. It isn't just a fire tick. It's a general damage tick, that is especially useful against enemies weak to fire.
    Especially useful for harpies. They go to grab you and end up on the ground.
    For hell hounds, they drag you off to the edge of the arena, then just as they start to chew on you the damage tick will stun them.
    This also means fireshroud thousand kisses is extra damage against everything. It's just better against things weak to fire.

Morninglord on
    Warrior's jumping attacks might be the best normals in the game. Not counting Focused Bolt, because I'm not sure that works with Eminence anymore.
    Strider has Splitter, though. And I think that most physical bow-skills work with it.

edited October 2015
    They are the best free normals, no question, as long as you pick a tall, long armed avatar to extend your reach. Jumping lights have fantastic range and stun. Jumping heavy is ridiculous damage for a free move.

With the stun augment on jumping light can knock down anything eventually. I've knocked down a gorcyclops with continuous jumping light. Mind you it needed a lot of em, but seeing that fucker faceplant was the best moment ever.

I use to take out evasive enemies by doing a dashing jumping light attack. Jump after a dash has dashes forward speed and momentum, so it would catch up to them before they could evade. Then the light attack would face plant them. Then I'd do a jumping heavy on them.

Also great for knocking harpies out of the air.

Morninglord on
    edited October 2015
    I love Ranger Pawns, both of my most played characters (I created multiple Live profiles so I could have multiple characters. Thanks Capcom for not making the DLC exclusive to one account!) had Rangers for their Main Pawn, and I'm seriously thinking of doing it again for the PC.

Great Gamble is the skill that really does it. For players it's this awesome skill for Screenshots but a, well, gamble for serious use that somewhat pales to the slightly less lethal but more reliable Tenfold Flurry and Deathly Arrow, but in the hands of a Pawn it's an Arc of Deliverance they can pull off from across the room. Have that skill, load her with large/giant fish and ambrosial meat, and then watch in awe as everything dies.

What brings this up? The most wonderful thing in my current playthrough; My main pawn Leanna single handedly taking out all the medallions for a metal golem with Tenfold Flurry and Great Gamble, and only the barest assistance from me (who was Sorc at the time) and yes, that's including the floating in air medal. I trained her well.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I love Ranger Pawns, both of my most played characters (I created multiple Live profiles so I could have multiple characters. Thanks Capcom for not making the DLC exclusive to one account!) had Rangers for their Main Pawn, and I'm seriously thinking of doing it again for the PC.
    I used one of your pawns exclusively on one of my characters, so I would be in favor of this in my own selfish interests.

edited October 2015
    Monger wrote: »
    I used one of your pawns exclusively on one of my characters, so I would be in favor of this in my own selfish interests.

Were you the guy who sent me a message stating you used my pawn for all of BBI, only for me to tell you that I wiped that character (and therefore the pawn) to start fresh for DA?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Monger wrote: »

Were you the guy who sent me a message stating you used my pawn for all of BBI, only for me to tell you that I wiped that character (and therefore the pawn) to start fresh for DA?
    I don't think so.

Maybe.

I don't know.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm stoked this is coming out for PC, completely missed it on consoles. So is this 'Dark Risen' version just the previous game or is it an expansion or what?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Its the vanilla game with tweaks and a optional endgame (although you could go straight there) dungeon which expands on story and systems etc

really hyped to dig into pc version again, winding up a 10 second great sword charge into a dashing gore chimeras face remains top 10 moments of 360/ps3 gen

J3qcnBP.png
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    The best part of dark arisen is that you're given like 10 portstones over a first playthrough instead of the ONE you got in the original. So you can actually set up a goddamn fast travel system.

M A G I K A Z A M
This discussion has been closed.