As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon's Dogma] Dragon's Dogma 2 in the making. Please be excited.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I'm stoked this is coming out for PC, completely missed it on consoles. So is this 'Dark Risen' version just the previous game or is it an expansion or what?

Dark Arisen was the updated version of the original Dragon's Dogma. On top of the new post-post game area (Bitterblack Isle, though you could literally start exploring it before you could explore most of the main game) and the loot it contained, it also had all the DLC that was released for DA (Hard difficulty and Speedrun Mode, extra notice board quests, armor and weapon sets bought from the counterfeiter in the main city of Gran Soren, and new hair/makeup/skin colors and hairstyles) as well as some balance and progression changes: The extra portcyrstals (four more, all of which you can get before the only one that was in the base game, plus a new permanent one for the starting town) heenato mentioned was a big one, but it also included some other things like nerfs to some of the more powerful augments (slotted passive skills), as well as much-needed love for Magick Archers.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    BTw guys its coming to PC.
    Mods.
    Let that sink in.
    Mods.
    Yeah.
    *sits back and sips his hot drink and smiles at nothing*
    Yeah...

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    It's bloody annoying that they lock the infinite teleport stone only to people transferring a regular save.

Luckily there's a way to "cheat the system" as it were with the PS3 version at least and get at all those save transfer only items.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    This is
    Foefaller wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I'm stoked this is coming out for PC, completely missed it on consoles. So is this 'Dark Risen' version just the previous game or is it an expansion or what?

Dark Arisen was the updated version of the original Dragon's Dogma. On top of the new post-post game area (Bitterblack Isle, though you could literally start exploring it before you could explore most of the main game) and the loot it contained, it also had all the DLC that was released for DA (Hard difficulty and Speedrun Mode, extra notice board quests, armor and weapon sets bought from the counterfeiter in the main city of Gran Soren, and new hair/makeup/skin colors and hairstyles) as well as some balance and progression changes: The extra portcyrstals (four more, all of which you can get before the only one that was in the base game, plus a new permanent one for the starting town) heenato mentioned was a big one, but it also included some other things like nerfs to some of the more powerful augments (slotted passive skills), as well as much-needed love for Magick Archers.

Dang, that's great. I played a demo a while ago and really liked it, but then built a gaming PC and never looked back.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    BTw guys its coming to PC.
    Mods.
    Let that sink in.
    Mods.
    Yeah.
    *sits back and sips his hot drink and smiles at nothing*
    Yeah...

We're gonna see a lot of character models swapped with Feste, mark my words.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There will be three to five competing nudity-mods, and one that puts a moustache on the Dragon.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping for a Macho Man Randy Savage dragon mod like from Skyrim.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    If its not too hard to do I'm thinking of modding it myself.

Back in the day I went into the guts of the kung fu mod for max payne and fixed the staff bug and a few other bugs.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    How mod friendly has other Capcom games have been? Some developers don't like it when someone tries to fiddle with their game's code.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They don't seem to give a damn about devil may cry.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Pretty much all the MT Framework modding I've seen has been model and texture swaps, although I haven't been paying all that much attention to it. DMC4 did have a dev console.

People eventually busted into DMC3 and the first PC port of RE4 to do some cool stuff, but it took years.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    They don't seem to give a damn about devil may cry.

Devil May Cry doesn't have an online component.

I'm sure model changes and fun stuff like that would be OK (or at least ignored), but with pawns being shareable, I'm thinking Capcom has an incentive to crack down on those who make gameplay changes that could affect (or worse, break) other people's experiences via their pawns.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    If they have a super modded pawn.
    And then someone without those cheats grabs that pawn.
    Is that gonna work? It's on their computer, not the cheaters. Whatever scripts or mods or whatever they have running for the pawn aren't installed on the hirers computer.
    If you get a pawn with super gear or impossible stats, you don't take the pawn. That's fairly simple. You can see everything before you hire them.
    You can't really grief with a pawn.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    If they have a super modded pawn.
    And then someone without those cheats grabs that pawn.
    Is that gonna work? It's on their computer, not the cheaters. Whatever scripts or mods or whatever they have running for the pawn aren't installed on the hirers computer.
    If you get a pawn with super gear or impossible stats, you don't take the pawn. That's fairly simple. You can see everything before you hire them.
    You can't really grief with a pawn.

It depends on how it was modded, I suspect. I wouldn't be surprised if changes to gear were unable to "infect" other players. (as long as they were augments to currently existing gear, not new items made from whole cloth) simply because it would draw from the gear stats of the person hiring the pawn, not the cheater's. Stats might be a different story, unless pawn data includes how many times pawns leveled up with each vocation (and whether it was levels 1-10, 11-100, or 101+.)

...and it could be totally possible to mess with other people's games without them ever hiring your pawn; remember that you can gift items, including gear, through pawns; what if someone made a new item that crashed people's games if they didn't have the same mod as them, and started gifting it to each and every pawn they hire?

EDIT: I'm not saying Capcom hasn't thought through most, if not all, of these possibilities, I'm just expressing my concern and hoping they have.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I looked it up and apparently this is an issue already on console. So not much hope they'll improve things really.
    Hacked pawns in DA can actually rock up in the UR dragon, and people who encounter them have to just leave. They can't fight them, because the UR dragon status wont update if you fight a hacked pawn.
    Some can cause freezing issues. Even corrupted saves.
    It seems a bit of a mess. So yeah.

I hope they do something about it.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I should fire this up again.

I remember that I was going to make my pawn into a ranger... But I don't remember what my arisen was going to be. On the other hand... I think I was only 20ish

• Options
    The loot-cutscene after beating the Ur-Dragon tends to cut off Ur-Dragon's dialogue. "Even I cannot stay you. Go, and face what lies beyond."

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Please. We all know the first mod is going to replace the generic dark arisen title music with into free. And it will be the most downloaded mod for the game.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Oooh, this game is coming to PC? I came very late to the DD train, and even though I got lucky and got a brand new console copy for the 360, I never got to play due to TV issues. But I wouldn't mind having it on PC, I love games that you can customize a whole bunch.

This is the same game, right, just with the added content?

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Yup.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Man, dinking around with unlimited character edits in the post-game is too much fun. Killed a Cursed Dragon in BBI while my arisen was a 137cm (4'6" for those who don't know metric) Mystic Knight whose gear weight 10kg more than she did.

Really put into light now different weight classes compare to each other. When I did it earlier when I had my arisen at LL size, I was struggling to maintain enough stamina For Magick Cannon spam. At SS class, it was a breeze; usually by the time I repositioned in order to have time to cast, I had enough stamina to at least summon two cannons and Full moon Slash two or three times.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cannon is a pretty economic offense. I usually save Fullmoon for keeping footing when things are flailing at me. At longer range, it can refresh the projectiles before they hit anything.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Was going to get back into this on ps3, but since I let plus expire now it says the game is expired.

Oh well. Maybe I'll be able to get it on PC

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    PS3 vs. 60fps PC graphics comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UnxufWhAnQ

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Glad they've done some actual work on it instead of just porting it over barebones with no improvements.

Looking forward to no black bars and 60 fps the most, I think. The game could really chug in certain instances on consoles, even with the bars.

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Me too.
    The lighting change on the dragon annoyed the crap out of me though.
    I think I an handle a little gameyness in my graphics here and there.
    Sure hope I get full control to turn off whatever I want ahahahahahaa sorry I dunno what came over me there I was being optimistic about a pc ports graphics options oh jeez

Morninglord on
  • Options
    @Morninglord There's actually a decent bunch of video settings in this port (skip and pause at 31 seconds), Capcom have put a good amount of effort into it, it seems.

You'll probably have to use mods (maybe GeDoSaTo? It seems like a game that would be up Durante's alley) to change the lighting to how you prefer it though.

• Options
    Eh, barely any PC games have the options you expect from them these days anyway, even ones made directly for PC.
    Plus Witcher 3 had the whole lock stock and two smocking barrels in its options and that was also a console release.
    So I'm just being unfair.

• Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    So hyped for this!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Literally, the only thing I care about is True Widescreen and 1080p

That is confirmed, so everything else is BONUS for me.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    Woke up and saw this e-mail. So misleading. Damn it.

npXj3pi.png

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited December 2015
    I'm not a graphics person, which is the only reason I'm mentioning it, cos even to me those textures don't look like the kinds of textures you expect from 4k.

If I'm thinking in a mild sort of way "those textures seem a little blurry" someone somewhere is having conniptions over them.
    Rest of it looks pretty great though.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Why does this have to come the same day the next Diablo 3 season starts :(

• Options
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    I'm not a graphics person, which is the only reason I'm mentioning it, cos even to me those textures don't look like the kinds of textures you expect from 4k.

If I'm thinking in a mild sort of way "those textures seem a little blurry" someone somewhere is having conniptions over them.
    Rest of it looks pretty great though.

4k support so far as I know only means it's supporting 3840 × 2160 right? It doesn't mean they went back and re-tooled all the textures to make them a lot higher resolution too. That said, whatever, it's a great game and everyone should check it out, especially at ~40 bucks, it's a steal for the amount of fun you'll get out of it.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Who will have a pawn I can rent on PC?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

I've already prepurchased and am itching for next week. Still haven't decided what to make my pawn, I'm thinking primarily Mage this time around.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

I've already prepurchased and am itching for next week. Still haven't decided what to make my pawn, I'm thinking primarily Mage this time around.

doom tornados all day every day

no reason to do anything else

This discussion has been closed.