Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Dragon's Dogma] is coming to Nintendo Switch on April 23

1828384858688»

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    I'm thinking they could do something stupid and release DD2 next to Elder Scrolls 6.

Wasn't DD's release too close to Dragon Age 2? Something like that.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited January 11
    I'm thinking they could do something stupid and release DD2 next to Elder Scrolls 6.

Wasn't DD's release too close to Dragon Age 2? Something like that.

Nah it was pretty clear when it released. It was solely responsible for Capcom having a record quarter that year too and helped mitigate some of the financial damage RE6 ended up causing.

Axen on
  • SyzygySyzygy Registered User regular
    I have zero faith in Bethesda to release anything even resembling "quality" or "A development team that actually gives a shit" after the diaper fire that was, is and continues to be Fallout 76.

PLA
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Nobody buys Bethesda for quality. It remains consistently, massively popular.

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Between the PC release and now a switch version, capcom know there is a audience and while we are all speculating it could be that they are in their 3rd year of development right now on a sequel.

Into three like a dangan......(bad joke) I will get my coat.

edited January 11
    Y'know DDO was rather impressive all things considered.

Even though it was an MMO based on a single player game they stuck to the original gameplay of Dragon's Dogma as much as they conceivably could. I mean it isn't a 1:1 conversion, but probably 0.7:1 at least.

The game even made a lot of improvements to most of the classes over the original game too and added a fair number of new things to do as well. If there is to be a sequel someday I actually hope they use the MMO as more of a jumping off point instead of just the original game.

Probably one of the coolest things they added to the game was how you could resurrect your Pawn. IIRC you could be a chump and pay to rez them, whether with in game currency or Funbux I don't remember. Or or you could be a badass and fight your way in to the underworld and drag your Pawn's soul kicking and screaming back to the world of the living.

Axen on
    Genji-GlovesZilla360Feldorn
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    While most of the quests were somewhat average, the dungeons,arenas, event quests were cool...The castle raid was fantastic and so much fun.

The fundamental thing is the combat was great and had depth and weight to it and if all else failed you could still jump on a troll and then murder it death while crawling round it like a demented tick.

Some good classes and some good ideas, and if they want use that all as testing material then that’s great.

Zuul though he can burn in fire. He caused a little frustration in the early days.

italianranmaAxenBRIAN BLESSED
    The entire game was basically a big ol’ love letter to classic DnD.

Genji-GlovesfurlionitalianranmaGoodKingJayIIIZilla3603clipse
    More than the other DDO?

D&D Online: Stormreach :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII Registered User regular
    Magic Archer was my go to. Pinging from a distance was very useful against the loser dragons early on but it helped manage mobs too

I had started out as a mystic knight but that ended up not really being what I wanted, so I switched to magick archer was pretty pleased from then. A lot of great flash and very effective.

I had always wanted to try one solely focused around the dagger skill that lights you on fire, because I loved the idea maniac knife wizard setting himself ablaze and charging into battle.

Battletag: Threeve#1501
    PSN: Threeve703
    Axen
    I remember a quote from Hideaki Itsuno, the game's director, about what they were going for with Dragon's Dogma.

While I don't remember the exact quote it was something along the lines of, "We didn't want to make a game that felt like you were playing a tabletop RPG, but rather a game that felt like you were actually in the world of a tabletop RPG."

I'd say they largely succeeded.

BahamutZERO3clipsePLAGenji-GlovesfurlionZilla360italianranmaElvenshaeLD50
    Magic Archer was my go to. Pinging from a distance was very useful against the loser dragons early on but it helped manage mobs too

I had started out as a mystic knight but that ended up not really being what I wanted, so I switched to magick archer was pretty pleased from then. A lot of great flash and very effective.

I had always wanted to try one solely focused around the dagger skill that lights you on fire, because I loved the idea maniac knife wizard setting himself ablaze and charging into battle.

I think I sent you some weapons for your MK.

Lovely class but kinda wonky.

The mix of physical and magic attack was kinda awkward for move selection; too many short-timed buffs; counters weren't very useful vs big monsters; and stat growth of the class hampered the attack stats.

But it was fun.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

I think it had the second or shared second highest combined total health and stamina, and Ranger put much more of it in stamina than in health.
    Short durations were a constant issue, but I guess that's a fair trade for buffing the whole party.
    Putting a cannon on top of a sigil is nonsense.

Footage of the Switch version

XBL - ArchSilversmith

XBL - ArchSilversmith

3clipseElvenshaefurlionGenji-GlovesStormwatcherZilla360
    Eeehh?

italianranma
    Netflix has a stupid amount of debt and needs IPs to exploit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/netflix-addicted-debt-investors-terrified-150409746.html
    Netflix is addicted to debt, and the wild-eyed bulls on the stock need to start caring about it.

The streaming content giant said Monday it will issue $2 billion in new debt to fund its voracious appetite for content, among other uses. Once issued, Netflix (NFLX) will have a hearty $10 billion in long-term debt on the books, compared to $8.3 billion at the end of the third quarter.

Ha! Will HBO make Star Ocean or Chrono Trigger anime now?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

I’d be down with an anime of the first Star Ocean.

Or maybe finish the second half of the second one. Or just redo it. Y’know, whatever. I’m not picky.

Nereid's Notation.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Netflix has a stupid amount of debt and needs IPs to exploit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/netflix-addicted-debt-investors-terrified-150409746.html
    Netflix is addicted to debt, and the wild-eyed bulls on the stock need to start caring about it.

The streaming content giant said Monday it will issue $2 billion in new debt to fund its voracious appetite for content, among other uses. Once issued, Netflix (NFLX) will have a hearty $10 billion in long-term debt on the books, compared to $8.3 billion at the end of the third quarter.

Ha! Will HBO make Star Ocean or Chrono Trigger anime now?

I don't think Dragon's Dogma will do a whole lot to resolve that debt. Call me pessimistic.

furlionitalianranmaArchsorcererZilla360
    True, very true.

But Netflix is hunting content for their service.

Monster Hunter reality show in the works? :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

StormwatcherZilla360
    True, very true.

But Netflix is hunting content for their service.

Monster Hunter reality show in the works? :P

20181113_145243_thumb.jpg

Aw yeah, he is making a movie.

XBL - ArchSilversmith