I come to you to talk about...
In all the nine realms - save Muspelheim - winter is the time of holiday gifts and celebrations. When I was a girl, it was tradition to travel to Jotunheim, chase down a giant, defeat it in single combat, and present its head to your closest friend as a sign of love and respect - but your traditions are nice, too. Especially fun is the one about secret gift-giving; there's nothing more festive than coming home to find a surprise barrel of Nidavellir dark on your front steps, or maybe a severed berserker arm. I am here to remind you that the time for secret giving is nearly upon us, and encourage you to participate.
So, participate, or risk a gut full of sword.
Crimsondude (sent a gift) (received a gift)
Delduwath (sent a gift)
TexiKen (sent a gift) (received a gift)
Nogs (sent a gift) (received a gift)
grim123 (sent a gift)
cardboard delusions (sent a gift) (received a gift)
DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: November 27 - SIGN-UPS ARE OVER
(This way, Secret Sifs can be assigned on Thursday morning, and everyone can take advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts when buying gifts; if folks think this is too short-notice, we can absolutely move the sign-up deadline to a later date)
DEADLINE TO SEND PRESENTS: December 31st
(This isn't really a hard deadline, but it's probably best not to delay too long - you'll keep your giftee uncertain of their gift-fate)
HOW TO SECRET SIF:
1) Post in this thread, saying that you are in.
2) Send me - Secret Sif - a private message, with your shipping address, and any special instructions.
3) It's probably a good idea to also post a list of comics that you already own (so that you don't get a duplicate by accident).
4) After the sign-up deadline passes, you will be sent a private message with the forum name and shipping address of the person you are to get a gift for.
5) Send out the present to that person as soon as you can; if possible, post in the thread to let us know you did so.
6) When you get your present, post about it in this thread to let your gifter know that you received it, and also to show off to the rest of us!