[East Asia] - Year of the Plague

1777879808183»

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    You have to really eff up to get Japan on the same team as Vietnam and Indonesia.

Also thought Japan couldnt export military goods?

No standing military. I don't think there's anything about manufacture and sale.

I mean, they basically have a standing military. They just dont call it that.
    cckerberos wrote: »
    You have to really eff up to get Japan on the same team as Vietnam and Indonesia.

No standing military. I don't think there's anything about manufacture and sale.

Japan banned the export of military equipment for almost fifty years. They only started loosening the restrictions in 2014.

Yeah, Japan actually makes a lot of military hardware. I but unlike Germany for example, they dont sell much of anything abroad.

OrcaKayne Red Robe
  • RaijuRaiju regular Registered User regular
    I can't say I blame Japan and Suga for negotiating defense ties with Vietnam and Indonesia to counter China's overtly aggressive posturing in the South China Sea. I mean, with Trump wrecking alliances and treaties (along with consolidating PA GD thread singularity) these past four nightmarish years, he's done more to undermine worldwide confidence in America coming to the aid of its allies than the Russians and Chinese could've dared hope to dream for the entirety of the Cold War.

OrcaGiantGeek2020shrykeGONG-00
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular

I mean, they basically have a standing military. They just dont call it that.
    cckerberos wrote: »

Japan banned the export of military equipment for almost fifty years. They only started loosening the restrictions in 2014.

Yeah, Japan actually makes a lot of military hardware. I but unlike Germany for example, they dont sell much of anything abroad.

yeahhhhhhhhhhh.. germany really likes selling their weaons.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg