As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warframe - Thread killed by the Grinyu force. On to the next one!

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Waterium. Moistium.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Oats wrote: »
    Waterium. Moistium.

Liquidium. Cthuluum.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Oxium farming is annoying, but consistant.
    If the drop table is same as rhino prime it won't matter for most of us what resource they use.

• Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    New frame all parts need 50 neurodes, calling it now!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just found a boss I've never killed before... was wondering how I skipped Mag. Nef Anyo is the boss of Mars. I guess it was always the infested boss when I've looked.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    You can kill Nef Anyo without noticing it since he's super weak and has no introduction movie. I think I killed him a few times while thinking that he was a technician.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Dex Furis, I love you. Had the stalker pay me a visit - or rather, try.

• Options
    7 runs on nef anyo... Helmet, chassis, helmet, chassis, chassis, helmet, chassis. Now Phorid has taken his place. Argh.

• Options
    AcharenusAcharenus Registered User regular
    The marelok may have the coolest terminator-esque firing animation ever.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Acharenus wrote: »
    The marelok may have the coolest terminator-esque firing animation ever.

If only grinlock had that Rifleman style reload animation as well. Just seems wrong to have a lever action and not use it in a game this over the top.

• Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »
    7 runs on nef anyo... Helmet, chassis, helmet, chassis, chassis, helmet, chassis. Now Phorid has taken his place. Argh.
    It might be confirmation bias (similar to how anything you're looking for is always going to be the last place you look, because you stop looking after you've found it) but if you can manage it, going in solo has almost always immediately gotten me the last part I need.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    If the drop table is same as rhino prime it won't matter for most of us what resource they use.
    It's consistent in that if this continues at the same rate, I've got another 7 hours of farming (33 Oxium for my last 30 minute Survival run) before I have enough for Zephyr. Well, I heard other places might drop faster, but still.

At any rate...we've got a Fire frame, relatively recently we had the Wind frame, we're now getting the Water frame. Any chance of an Earth frame after that?

And then Heart?

*runs*

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Rhino is the earth frame.

Cause his stomps disrupt the planet's orbit.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

Rhino doesn't go with weak-ass orbital disruption.
    He stomps hard enough to create a singularity.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

Rhino doesn't go with weak-ass orbital disruption.
    He stomps hard enough to create a singularity.

Yo Rhino's so fat...

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular

you know, add a space in between the "g" and "t" there and it becomes something very, very different.

...and on that note, I've started playing myself, after 6 months of knowing it's existence and denying it. Name's Foefaller, just like here in PA.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

you know, add a space in between the "g" and "t" there and it becomes something very, very different.
    frabz-Ya-dont-say-40f76d.jpg

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

frabz-Ya-dont-say-40f76d.jpg

I'm sorry, but with only one agree on that post, I wasn't sure if people noticed :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Oh nice. I was planning to end my hiatus once Melee 2.0 dropped. Now I have an extra week(ish) to finish up Batman Origins.

• Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    I wonder how melee 2.0 will affect the glaive, since it already does what you'd expect out of it. Controllable throws, maybe?

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that any iteration of "I wonder how melee 2.0 will affect..." will be answered with: "Not much."

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    I have a feeling that any iteration of "I wonder how melee 2.0 will affect..." will be answered with: "Not much."

That or: It will now deal damage and be abit more usefull than befor, not much but just what you need!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    I hope you guys aren't right. The image I've built in my mind is pretty cool. Combo systems? Stances? Yes please.

Those mechanics seem to necessitate a rebalance. Either way, more depth is cool as long as it's still fast paced.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    I just built an Obex, so I'm too busy knocking people down and then punching them a million times to see any problems,

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I just built an Obex, so I'm too busy knocking people down and then punching them a million times to see any problems,

The problem comes when you need to punch them twenty million times to kill them.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

The problem comes when you need to punch them twenty million times to kill them.
    Yeah, but I'm doing that in like a quarter of a second.

• Options
    Taranis wrote: »
    I hope you guys aren't right. The image I've built in my mind is pretty cool. Combo systems? Stances? Yes please.

Those mechanics seem to necessitate a rebalance. Either way, more depth is cool as long as it's still fast paced.

The phrase I heard tossed around was, "Devil May Cry style combat."

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Vauban Systems alert is up atm, 45 minutes.

Ardol on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

I really wouldn't get my hopes up for anything like that from melee 2.0.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Shady3011 wrote: »

I really wouldn't get my hopes up for anything like that from melee 2.0.

I wouldn't either tbh. That level of control would be absolutely fantastic but I highly doubt I'll be jump cancelling my way to victory in this game anytime soon. They may just be referencing the basic combos and how they string together more than all the nuances to the system. We definitely won't be seeing any frame specific stuff, that's for sure.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    There's still the issue of having to be in melee range. Even with the lasso, enemies always die before I can get to them with valkyr. If it's not my teammates, it's my stupid killstealing sentinel

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    I wouldnt mind something kinda simple, say like the Dynasty Warriors system where you chain lights attacks and finish with a heavy. Depending on how far you are in the chain, the final heavy attack would do something different. I love melee as it is now so it'll be interesting to see how they change it up.

"Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Spectrum wrote: »
    It's consistent in that if this continues at the same rate, I've got another 7 hours of farming (33 Oxium for my last 30 minute Survival run) before I have enough for Zephyr. Well, I heard other places might drop faster, but still.

At any rate...we've got a Fire frame, relatively recently we had the Wind frame, we're now getting the Water frame. Any chance of an Earth frame after that?

And then Heart?

*runs*

I had more luck on one of the mobile defense missions for farming oxium (I'll provide the planet/node name in an edit soon).

It takes awhile before oxium osperies start showing up in any meaningful numbers in survival, but they start showing up right away in mobile defense. You can get ~30-40 in an average MD run in less than 30min.

edit:
    It was the node "Kappa" in the Sedna sector. Enemies are level 12-15, so they should be a pushover to any warframes/weapons that are modded properly. The key is to try and kill them as fast as possible, both so that they don't get an opportunity to make a kamikaze run (robbing you of oxium drops), and so that a new mob wave can spawn in their place.

You might want to avoid pugs. Most of them run into the center of the map to try and solo all the enemies, and they usually do a terrible job of it. Tarpitting mobs rather than flattening them, and failing to prevent oxium osperies from performing their kamikaze runs. Both resulting in DRASTICALLY lower oxium intake.

A couple of warframes chilling out on the capture point and taking turns casting room clearing AOE's should net a good intake of oxium. Nova immediately springs to mind, but ember should still wreck mobs of that level and pretty much any "press 4 to explode a room" button should do. Unfortunately that's boring.....but efficient.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'd recommend volt over nova. Nova has a bad habit of slowing enemies outside of AoE range

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    So apparently the weapon the water frame is holding in the teaser is not a rifle, but rather a crossbow.

• Options
    Speaking of "Press 4 to explode a room" Shenanigans, I've just finished upgrading Mag's Pull and Crush abilities. Using them now is just so cathartic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

And then Heart?

*runs*

I had more luck on one of the mobile defense missions for farming oxium (I'll provide the planet/node name in an edit soon).

It takes awhile before oxium osperies start showing up in any meaningful numbers in survival, but they start showing up right away in mobile defense. You can get ~30-40 in an average MD run in less than 30min.

edit:
    It was the node "Kappa" in the Sedna sector. Enemies are level 12-15, so they should be a pushover to any warframes/weapons that are modded properly. The key is to try and kill them as fast as possible, both so that they don't get an opportunity to make a kamikaze run (robbing you of oxium drops), and so that a new mob wave can spawn in their place.

You might want to avoid pugs. Most of them run into the center of the map to try and solo all the enemies, and they usually do a terrible job of it. Tarpitting mobs rather than flattening them, and failing to prevent oxium osperies from performing their kamikaze runs. Both resulting in DRASTICALLY lower oxium intake.

A couple of warframes chilling out on the capture point and taking turns casting room clearing AOE's should net a good intake of oxium. Nova immediately springs to mind, but ember should still wreck mobs of that level and pretty much any "press 4 to explode a room" button should do. Unfortunately that's boring.....but efficient.

Kappa|Sedna was actually recommended to me after we finished the map by one of the pugs I was chatting with during the survival, so I guess I'll head over there instead.

I'm going to be silly and probably just do it on my Banshee for leveling efficiency instead of purely going for the Oxium by pulling a better frame, so my numbers probably won't be ideal, but we'll see what happens.

Still, only a couple frames to go outside of Primes. I've got Mag, Ember, Nova, Nyx, Trinity, and Saryn to 30. Leveling Banshee, have the parts for Valkyr, and farming up for Zephyr and then I'm done until I can knock loose some primes.

...look, don't judge me.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Was able to get the last Vauban part today. I actually haven't been trying to get him. I just happened to find all the parts. So why not? Done leveling Valkyr.

All abilities should be as fun as Ripline. I don't really like Valkyr, but Ripline almost makes up for all of that.

Riplining a fleeing capture target back towards you is hilarious and feels amazing. As is riplining heavy gunners and bombards. Or messing with fellow tenno. Never gets old.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Danger Room's building in our Dojo (swipe edition). Please remember to keep the safety protocols engaged, and duel responsibly.

Also, we're getting close to researching the Synapse, so if you've got some mutagen samples, check out the lab. Getting there on Zephyr, but we'll still need a ton more oxium for the parts.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
This discussion has been closed.