As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heartlander II: The Quickening

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    and I ain't sayin' that to get down on myself or anything, it's just the truth

I was a good guy who had fallen into the habit of doing some extremely shitty things and she stuck around to help me fix those problems and I'll spend the rest of my days repaying her for it

also she's p cute so that helps

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    For a little perspective a friend of mine met a girl the way Grey Ghost is about to.
    She crushed him. Absolutely destroyed him and its been ten years and hes still afraid to just go and ask a girl out.

Now this girl might not be dangerously psychotic or even a girl but still be wary.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    and I ain't sayin' that to get down on myself or anything, it's just the truth

I was a good guy who had fallen into the habit of doing some extremely shitty things and she stuck around to help me fix those problems and I'll spend the rest of my days repaying her for it

also she's p cute so that helps

Love you too, scumbag. <3

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My three female roommates all have their boyfriends over. And from my room I can hear all three couples having sex simultaneously. I don't think they meant to do it, but still...it's pretty funny. Funny and sort of depressing.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Very depressing. Right now millions of people are having sex. I bet there are even a couple who are while surfing the PA forums.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tumblr_mwsgk0AaWJ1qdv42bo1_500.png

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Anti,I can't decide whether to agree or bro that post. I think both are applicable.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It is really bugging me that in a few years Thanksgiving will likely stop being a retail holiday entirely, and then christmas will likely follow.

And those are, like, two of the only retail holidays left.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Those are like the two most "retail" of all the holidays.

Oh wait.. You meant holiday for retail people.

There was a time in my life where I worked on Thanksgiving and Christmas for like six years straight and I wasn't in retail.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I am broken today, not feeling any specific emotion

Feels kinda weird

Maybe I am finally dead inside heh

Edit: I am okay guys

Peas on
  • Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Good lord man I went on a date with a girl off of Facebook I had never met before and knew nothing about

It's good to be cautious but bro you are in this deep so far without being locked in a basement, just keep chugging along

I was there imagining all the horror stories about date rape and all the stuff that had been drilled into into me in high school... and... well, here we are 3+ years later.

HyperBallad on
    Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    I am broken today, not feeling any specific emotion

Feels kinda weird

Maybe I am finally dead inside heh

Edit: I am okay guys

Sending you a non-creepy internet hug anyway.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I have probably asked this before.. but where does one start looking for someone to date? I'm 31, have never been on a date or had a real girlfriend, and don't like the bar scene... And all the scenes I do enjoy seem to have everyone taken already, because I live in a pretty small town. I mean, my self confidence is growing, but outside of hanging out at the colleges like some kind of creeper, I just don't know what to do.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Professor FuzzlesProfessor Fuzzles Not a furry, just sayin' FuzztopiaRegistered User regular
    At worst the girl will stand you up and you will feel a little silly for a few days.
    At best you live happy ever after.
    Probably somewhere in the middle is what will happen.
    Congrats though!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    No I'm pretty sure we've covered the "at worst" scenario

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    ive been informed of where i stand with the one who shall not be named. no matter what happens, they're gonna stay in their relationship until they can come to a decision at such a point where they can make a decision.

the upshot is that in the interim, like all of this poly shit jammed down my fucking throat at all times, id be a side girlfriend until a determination can be made. which is fine, in that ive come to the conclusion that it still wouldnt really be my wheelhouse, but sure it can be someone else's until such time where maybe if down the road they can come to a decision about where they stand

so still free wheeling before i die of a heart attack at 25 or hit by a car at 25 or murdered at 25

this has taught me i know so much about the human condition, but i can't understand people at all. the lowest points in my life would have to be breaking off a relationship as an ex crying in bed, trying to talk me out of it. some bad shit happening to my best friend. and now, the thoughts that crawled around my head as i tried to stay hopeful in a conversation where i knew that i couldn't take back telling someone i loved them, they told me they felt the same, but they couldn't change something they wanted to change

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Good lord man I went on a date with a girl off of Facebook I had never met before and knew nothing about

It's good to be cautious but bro you are in this deep so far without being locked in a basement, just keep chugging along

I was there imagining all the horror stories about date rape and all the stuff that had been drilled into into me in high school... and... well, here we are 3+ years later.

Yeah, I met my wife through her friends on Myspace of all places about 8 years ago and started dating shortly thereafter. We just celebrated our 4 year anniversary back in September!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ive been informed of where i stand with the one who shall not be named

wait, who? last I heard you were flirting with people on tumblr

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    i flirt with almost everyone

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    as far as who, thats my personal biz. i didnt talk about my exes here by name either

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ah k. thought there was some Drama involved

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I am glad this recurring thread has a new story for us all to obsess over.

also @grey ghost the defence will now make their followup statement:

to state things clearly instead of vaguely and euphemistically: I just walked with her and we kissed at the point where our paths definitely diverged and she went like "godamnit, I have a boyfriend."

and then nothing more happened, because of that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    that policy, blacking out family members faces and my childhood photos and not naming names in that arena have served me well, though an ex wanted me to talk about her more. we lived in a small apartment so that wouldve felt weird

as far as not sharing childhood photos, the world is terrible. like if people rub one out to anything and everything you may have related to you, i feel like leaving childhood photos off the table is at least one thing that always made sense. like, whew

• Options
    edited November 2013
    no, actually, correction, we kissed again and then I walked away like, welp

but not really all that bummed

and then maybe slightly more bummed

and now I think I am a pretty bummed about that

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Panic ButtonPanic Button Robo-cannibal Registered User regular
    I was making panini at work yesterday, and had command of the stereo. Some pretty lass in a bluish purple shirt recognized "Chameleon," and we had a bro moment of "Great stuff, right? Herbie Hancock, yeah man!"

So that's my romance quota for the year.

Drawings and short stories: sketchatron.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I still don't know how I feel about that girl and my roommate

Right now it's just a full rage but that more jealousy then anything

I mean we weren't dating so she can do what she wants. But she felt the need to come over and tell me in person what happened in person

She must have knew I felt something

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    GG, you're beginning to be a goose about this.

You gave the girl your number. You're not allowed to freak out about that. Would I have given that out right away? No. Would I have responded to the note? Yes. That doesn't mean you're freaking out about women. That doesn't mean that you're desperate for a relationship. It means that you're kinda curious about where it could go and it's a fun thing.

Of course she's being coy...she put a note on a strangers car just the same as you responded to it. Go, enjoy some coffee and let us know how it goes.

Awhile back I got this note left on my car in the parking lot at work:
    IMG_20131125_111814_zps6999c372.jpg
    Did I respond? No...because it's just the type of thing one of my coworkers would do to fuck with me. (And the plates are a reference to Mass Effect)

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Is it bad that I knew it was a Mass Effect reference from the "(I should go)" and literally zero other information

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    GG

If it makes you feel any better my reply would have been a note with "please love me" written on it a thousand times in increasing more erratic hand writing.

The world is a sea of loneliness. If someone throws you a life preserver you gotta cling to that shit for dear life.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    That doesn't mean you're freaking out about women.

I am basically never not freaking out about some woman, somewhere

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Hey so you're rad and this in no way is an insult, but you probably need to fix this before doing anything

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    While I know many people here have very good (and tragic) personal reasons for high levels of caution, I think this is being a bit over-applied to GG's case. Especially in the previous thread.

Putting your phone number on your car isn't a crazy stupid thing to do. You know who else does that? People trying to sell a car they park near the road. They paint it in huge white letters that everyone driving by can read. Plus people who have business cards and a job in which it makes sense to leave them everywhere.

In all probability, the note-leaver is either silly and having some fun with this (a positive attribute!) or is super-shy and resorting to such measures in lieu of direct confrontation (harmless). Sounds like it's probably the former, and it's two people, which is even more amusing.

Anyway, phone numbers are terribly easy to get ahold of. Many people's can be acquired with a simple Google search.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    The Sauce wrote: »
    Putting your phone number on your car isn't a crazy stupid thing to do. You know who else does that? People trying to sell a car they park near the road. They paint it in huge white letters that everyone driving by can read. Plus people who have business cards and a job in which it makes sense to leave them everywhere.

Ok so a) if I were to do that I'd get a disposable cell phone or a Google voice number that dead ended after I sold the car and b) that's my work phone number and I give zero fucks who has that as it's attached to my work address and is their problem, not mine

Hell fucking no I'm leaving my personal phone number on a random piece of paper in public

• Options
    edited November 2013
    My phone number is in the phonebook and there is as far as I know no eldritch ritual to bring harm upon my head you can perform with it.

The worst thing you really can do is call me up at 4am going NACHSPIEL! when I'm asleep and my friends already do that.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    My girl housemate broke up with her no-good boyfriend last week and she is so much happier, its wonderful to see her all full of laughter and smiling all the time again, I'm really chuffed she did it. We were talking about it and after hearing how much of a jerk it was it reminded me what a good guy my fella is, I know it to start with but it really hits home how lucky I am to be respected and all that.

Now you may puke.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Okay, leaving the number was a bad idea but it happened, it's too late, it's done
    Usagi wrote: »

Hey so you're rad and this in no way is an insult, but you probably need to fix this before doing anything

Fuckin'
    probably, yeah

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Still amuses me whenever someone uses "chuffed" I dunno why.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options

Fuckin'
    probably, yeah

Voice of experience here duderino: take care of business now, not when you're in your 30s

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    My phone number is in the phonebook and there is as far as I know no eldritch ritual to bring harm upon my head you can perform with it.

The worst thing you really can do is call me up at 4am going NACHSPIEL! when I'm asleep and my friends already do that.
    oh my god

I didn't even think of phonebooks

Like, I truly can't remember what life was like without ubiquitous, universal Internet access

And I'm in my 30s

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular

Fuckin'
    probably, yeah

Voice of experience here duderino: take care of business now, not when you're in your 30s

I don't think this is always a time thing though.

I mean, yea, get yourself and your shit situated so you know where the baseline is and then you begin moving forward. There will be freaking out regardless, but it's just a matter of knowing how to get back to and what is your normal.

This discussion has been closed.