As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade] Founders packs are live

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So who all first wave here? May not be massive to start, but if there's some degree of picking who you get lumped with, we may as well plan ahead.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The way I read it, and it's from the last several communications, isn't that they're adding the massive after founder's but before launch. Instead, they're going to launch without the full massive stuff, then try to develop into massive over time.
    Yeah, they're not going to make it to launch.

Sorry, I was swallowing back most of my pessimism.

The first statement, that the "not-massive" is a temporary inconvenience that is only part of testing, is probably not true.

My follow on, that their INTENT is to add massively back, should have been followed by, "And then they'll close down while still technically in beta, two years later."

What is this I don't even.
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    So who all first wave here? May not be massive to start, but if there's some degree of picking who you get lumped with, we may as well plan ahead.

I'm first-wave, but I didn't upgrade to a captain pack until uh, a few days ago.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Right then, there's an NDA so I can't exactly talk about anything, but since anyone I'm friends with on steam will see I'm playing it, I assume it's safe to say that my email finally came in, I've got my alpha access code plugged in and steam is downloading thing.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    By the Immortal God Emperor I hope you enjoy it and this game goes somewhere.

488W936.png
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »

Eldar is gonna have male and female gender select.

I'm debating on if I should just pick this up, even though playable Eldar is like, 6 months away at least.

So I've finally gotten a look at the full text of the NDA, I am allowed to talk about things, but only after they've become generally known by means unrelated to me.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, but so far I'm not disappointed. We'll see if that holds true.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I'm debating on if I should just pick this up, even though playable Eldar is like, 6 months away at least.

Why wouldn't they?

You know that striking banshees can be men or women eldar, its just that that male Eldar assume a new role as a female. I don't know if they have Culexus style drugs to change their form but they apparently wear the same armor with the same chest piece.

Kadoken on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Howling Banshees, Striking scorpions.

And just because they economize on the physical miniatures doesn't mean that there are not male howling banshees in armor that isn't specifically given boob plate. It means that the crew behind Citadel Miniatures has some equality issues remaining to be worked out.

You don't need to contrive convoluted explanations in the setting to gloss over away real life problem areas.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Kadoken wrote: »

Why wouldn't they?

You know that striking banshees can be men or women eldar, its just that that male Eldar assume a new role as a female. I don't know if they have Culexus style drugs to change their form but they apparently wear the same armor with the same chest piece.

Oh I ALWAYS brace for the worst case scenario for 40k. Especially since the Sister's of Battle weren't included, I was worried they would explain away why there can't be any Eldar females(which would be the dumbest thing)

It's really cool that they are putting in the effort to do both genders for Eldar though which is why my hype engines are officially maximum.

I want to write a cyberpunk story set in 40k. It just works so well!

Also, I'm in.

Elaro wrote: »
    Also, I'm in.

Welcome, brother!

Tyranids soon, fellow founder!

• verbelverbel Registered User regular
    Are you guys playing this? I'm thinking of dropping for the founders pack. It looks fun.

steam_sig.png
    All I know is that like half of the names listed on their dev team don't work there anymore.

Haven't fired it up recently, probably ought to take a look at what all has changed in the assorted patches since I last did. Maybe that annoying shadow flickering stuff is finally gone!

It'd be more fun if there were easier ways to communicate between players. I mean, it's pretty fun, the combat is engaging, it's just... you're Marines or Chaos Marines, and they have access to the same weapons, so... not a lot of variety in gameplay. At least, not yet.

But it is still in alpha, so...

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I just found out about this and I'm finding it difficult to figure out if this game is actually still alive or what?

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I played a few rounds last night. Either the game's not optimized yet or my computer is absolute ass (but I can run Battlefield just fine, so I suspect the former), but it's jumpy as fuck.

I'm probably just mad because I suck at being an assault class, though.

It's a fun game, though!

Casual wrote: »
    I just found out about this and I'm finding it difficult to figure out if this game is actually still alive or what?

It's out on steam early access! GET STUCK IN, BOYZ!*

*Sorry, no orks yet. But there are power fists. And what they do to tanks is... pretty funny!

• CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    So anyone get this? Any basic initial impressions on this? Will this scratch my 3rd person Warhammer action itch?

Edit: and is there any kind of push for a faction/guild of PAers if enough interest pops up?

Cobell on
    Yes, good, what little there is, and yes.

Although right now there's no system whatsoever for implementing guilds Battle Forces, but that'll come eventually.

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Even if the planet side like part of this doesn't make it in for some time...what's here with refinement and more maps will be a lot of fun.

The game defaults the master volume low at least for me, it sounds and looks very genuine. Looking forward to this one...hopefully and I know it's a vein hope these days a skirmish mode makes it in. Sometimes I just want to chill out alone and there's no chance whatsoever that there will ALWAYS be full servers at the drop of a hat with playable latency for years to come.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I'm still super interested in this game, but I'm still worried about the talk way back in the pre-beta days of having to spend money for each faction, which would just fragment the player base.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    I'm still super interested in this game, but I'm still worried about the talk way back in the pre-beta days of having to spend money for each faction, which would just fragment the player base.

Not really? It's one shared campaign. If you just bought orks, you can only play as an ork, but you can deffo play against other races.

Not really? It's one shared campaign. If you just bought orks, you can only play as an ork, but you can deffo play against other races.

I meant it more in the sense that it would fragment the PA player base. Most games, you buy the full game, and are generally willing to play the same team as the rest of PA, and maybe play your preferred faction on the side since it doesn't cost anything other than some extra time.

The proposed system of charging for each race, means some people would be far less likely to play on the theoretical PA Imperium team, because it would cost them above and beyond the ability to play their preferred Chaos / Eldar / Greenskin team.

This may be a monetization system that has been changed since the game was first conceptualized and I haven't heard about it though.

steam_sig.png
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    this is a bug from an earlier build, but I love Bruva Alfabusa's channel. He does the "If the Emperor had a Text to Speech Device" series and you should all check it out anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRdnJqXi1U

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited February 2016
    Decided to fire this up for the first time in a while, looks like my issue with flickering shadows is gone, but all the character models have this grey sheen overlay thing which makes it damn hard to tell at a glance what faction someone is because you can't make out their colors, so you have to check for any obvious (lack of) spiky bits or the like.
    bMWTvRe.jpg

NEO|Phyte on

I meant it more in the sense that it would fragment the PA player base. Most games, you buy the full game, and are generally willing to play the same team as the rest of PA, and maybe play your preferred faction on the side since it doesn't cost anything other than some extra time.

The proposed system of charging for each race, means some people would be far less likely to play on the theoretical PA Imperium team, because it would cost them above and beyond the ability to play their preferred Chaos / Eldar / Greenskin team.

This may be a monetization system that has been changed since the game was first conceptualized and I haven't heard about it though.

Looking into it more, it appears that each account gets a limited number of "Character" slots. With the ability to purchase more through RMT.

So far, it seems the developer is looking to allow battles of up to 30v30, which seems like a good size to me.

Also, the most recent news has:
    working on a couple of large systems, Eldar, Orks, a Fortress, two new maps, first PVE map, creating a lot of weapons through our new itemization framework because we got a ton from outsourcing, optimizing the client and server, fixing some maps, getting Imperial Fists and Alpha Legion ready, the first iteration of the strategic map, war parties and all that small stuff nobody cares about.

Next week, we aim to have a major patch which will include one or two of the things above, depending on their readiness, as well as a host of improvements, fixes, optimizations and iterations on systems - while we continue all of the above.

steam_sig.png
    Becoming very tempted to pick this up, and I'm told I should use a referral code if I do to get bonus points for myself and the 'referrer'.

Any current players have info regarding this?

steam_sig.png
    Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me!

EC referral code: EC-G6MN6YUUBTG11

Also, yeah, the devs are very communicative, which I like.

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    im paying attention to this, but there is no way i'll be able to play while I'm still trucking over the road. maybe when I get a local position.
    instead, the only meaningful way I can contribute right now is to post some TTS shorts, because I know you all would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVxcGxRv_I

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited March 2016
    Tried out the game, team work is very OP, and it is a very fast paced game. A bit more twitchy than I usually like, but I'm sure I will get used to it.

EDIT: I should mention, I used the referral when creating my account on Eternal Crusade, then logged into the game I purchased on Steam with that info, and it linked them, giving me the bonus 4000 RTP (a 20% bonus).

So in case anyone else feels like joining up, my referral is EC-FFAB2QPZH5EHE

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Is this game pretty much Planetside Warhammer version?

EDIT: Did some more recent reading, so it's a more traditional small map based type of game, with campaign promised for after launch?

Cabezone on
    Cabezone wrote: »

EDIT: Did some more recent reading, so it's a more traditional small map based type of game, with campaign promised for after launch?

Right now, things are still very much in a testing mode, so I cant speak to the final product, but:

In the advertising material on steam, they suggest the maps will be as large as 16km x 16km

I don't know if the actual battles will take place on subsections of the map, or if the entire map will be open, etc.

They are also planning on having 4 competing factions, I'm not sure if each battle will contain only 2 factions at a time, or if it will open up to all 4 factions in a single battle.

Currently, and I hope I'm not breaking NDA or anything, it feels very much like the multiplayer PvP of Space Marine, but with server side host instead of peer to peer. (Its an entirely different engine, so animations and other things are a bit different, but the basic breakdown feels very similar). The maps have progressive spawn points / capture points, which keep the action tight.

They haven't yet implemented the overarching campaign / progression systems, so I'm unsure how those will work out.

steam_sig.png
    Cabezone wrote: »

They've had to do several massive scope reductions since the original crowdfunding. (If I remember, they wanted to use kickstarter but GW said no.) Right now it's more of an arena shooter. I wouldn't recommend buying in if what you really want is Planetside until they make some significant steps toward that, because their project management seems kinda poops.

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Yeah I already went through this with Mechwarrior. I'll keep and eye on it, thanks.

New video up showing one of the Eldar.

https://youtu.be/HNGinpHR0Mw

steam_sig.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    That video looks really good.

488W936.png
    Image with what are considered 'locked' release features

The devs are also eagerly watching the Sony & Microsoft developments to see if they will be able to have cross platform play.

steam_sig.png