Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Back in the old [chat]s when times were simpler

24567100

Posts

  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Oh, hey, do you guys have any recommendations for some simple, but tasty Christmas cocktails? I've been placed in charge of making a Christmas drink for a Christmas party.

    Make moonshine.

    If you don't blind everyone at the party, you made it wrong.

    I'm hoping my mead is ready to drink by Christmas. :)

    I had no idea that mead takes so fucking long to ferment.

    a buddy of mine made some mead and he's saying it's gonna be 2 months before it's ready. so much sugar.

    tyrannus on
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You can't use devices during takeoff. Why is syndalis telling lies like this?

    Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

    Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

    Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

    Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

    It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

    It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

    I really hope those base stations are fuck-off expensive to use though, because if people can start cheaply making phone calls on flights I might end up going on a murderous rampage.

    Sure, mission critical business call that you are willing to pay 50-75 dollars to make? I get it. "Guess what I had for dinner" will make me choke you when you are sharing my air and pressed into my arm cruelly due to the tiny seats.

    I... Oh God I never considered that.

    WHAT HAS AMERICA DONE

    Cinderstapeslingerjakobagger
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You can't use devices during takeoff. Why is syndalis telling lies like this?

    Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

    Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

    Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

    Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

    It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

    It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

    I really hope those base stations are fuck-off expensive to use though, because if people can start cheaply making phone calls on flights I might end up going on a murderous rampage.

    Sure, mission critical business call that you are willing to pay 50-75 dollars to make? I get it. "Guess what I had for dinner" will make me choke you when you are sharing my air and pressed into my arm cruelly due to the tiny seats.
    Yes, this would be a problem. Do you get people trying to Skype now?

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Ok so

    I slept in later than I meant to

    It's dark outside.

    This is very late.

    As an American, I'm not a part of your system, maaaaan

    And yet you expect to adapt Hibernian Nomenclature to your own ends?

    I

    Yes.

    Quid
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    @Inquisitor I thought you should know, I now have PSN. About a year of it.

    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Don't back down, Shivahn.

    They tried to set America on fire that one time.

  • TavTav Registered User regular
    I have been digging Mount Kimbie a lot recently.

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Ok so

    I slept in later than I meant to

    It's dark outside.

    This is very late.

    As an American, I'm not a part of your system, maaaaan

    And yet you expect to adapt Hibernian Nomenclature to your own ends?

    I

    Yes.

    Okay then. :D

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Oh, hey, do you guys have any recommendations for some simple, but tasty Christmas cocktails? I've been placed in charge of making a Christmas drink for a Christmas party.

    Maybe not a cocktail per se, but Glogg is a delicious spiced flavoring intended to mix into hot wine or vodka. Tasty, christmasey, and an authentic, traditional excuse to drink most of the bottle of vodka.

    I can heartily recommend gløgg.

    It's basically mulled wine, but we use a lot more spices in it. Put in chopped almond and raisins (though not everyone likes the raisins in it)

    also of course make sure to not heat it above 72 degrees celsius.

    using aquavit and red wine is a common combo. Alternatively vodka and red wine if that taste gets too... characteristic. I'm not sure I'd recommend aquavit in it for everyone.

    if you're going to buy a mix, tomtegløgg reigns supreme.

    tomtglmijl_bilde_2_3031133a.jpg

    but I also have a recipe somewhere. Hang on.

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    god I hate fucking internet on flights

    I don't want lose a god damn excuse for not working on a flight

  • evilbobevilbob Registered User regular
    i cant sleep coz my eyes are sore

    DDLLLLDL - Bottom in November
    WWDWDWWWWDWWWWLDWWW - Premiers in April
    WW - Champions in May

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Don't back down, Shivahn.

    They tried to set America on fire that one time.

    Somehow this does not enrage me!

  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    JERUSALEM—In a stunning discovery that archaeologists hope might shed light on the little-known years between Jesus Christ’s childhood and his ministry, the Israel Antiquities Authority uncovered Monday what they believe to be the site where, in the years before he began his itinerant preaching, a desperate, cash-strapped Christ briefly turned tricks for money.

    Excavators working in the Beit Hanina neighborhood of Jerusalem unveiled fragments of several earthenware vessels, an 18-seat public latrine hewn from stone and terra cotta piping dating to Jesus’ era, along with a curbed Roman road that served as a main artery of ancient Judea, where the fledgling, hard-up prophet is believed to have cruised for johns passing by on donkeys, wagons, and chariots.

    Robos A Go GoRMS OceanicAbdhyiusCaveman Paws
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You can't use devices during takeoff. Why is syndalis telling lies like this?

    Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

    Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

    Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

    Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

    It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

    It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

    I really hope those base stations are fuck-off expensive to use though, because if people can start cheaply making phone calls on flights I might end up going on a murderous rampage.

    Sure, mission critical business call that you are willing to pay 50-75 dollars to make? I get it. "Guess what I had for dinner" will make me choke you when you are sharing my air and pressed into my arm cruelly due to the tiny seats.
    Yes, this would be a problem. Do you get people trying to Skype now?

    Their firewall blocks most streaming services. YouTube, HBO go, netflix, etc.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Skype got the hammer too.

    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I need to talk to this cat about the way he jumps on my face in the morning.

    steam_sig.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You can't use devices during takeoff. Why is syndalis telling lies like this?

    Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

    Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

    Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

    Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

    It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

    It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

    I really hope those base stations are fuck-off expensive to use though, because if people can start cheaply making phone calls on flights I might end up going on a murderous rampage.

    Sure, mission critical business call that you are willing to pay 50-75 dollars to make? I get it. "Guess what I had for dinner" will make me choke you when you are sharing my air and pressed into my arm cruelly due to the tiny seats.
    Yes, this would be a problem. Do you get people trying to Skype now?

    Their firewall blocks most streaming services. YouTube, HBO go, netflix, etc.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Skype got the hammer too.

    That is pretty sensible.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Quid
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    I need to talk to this cat about the way he jumps on my face in the morning.

    You need to talk to the cat about how he is a cat, eh?

    DasUberEdward
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Merry Clod-mas, clods 2019-07-12 - KeystoneRegistered User regular
    Exciteful Contest Oportunitey!
    Free steam games for [chat]ters
    approved by a pm from jacobkosh, so its okay!
    DDhg794.png

    Here's a little post-Thanksgiving, post-Black Friday, Pre-Holiday Season giveaway!

    To win these two Steam Games, simply send me a Private Message. The PM must contain some information, otherwise it will NOT BE VALID.
    It must contain:
    1. A link to your steam profile
    2. a short paragraph about an indie game you really like and feel should be better known
    3. a link to a post you made in a Da/oD [chat] thread Between November 1st and November 29th

    you need to have an active steam account, with at least one game bought, to enter this contest. Without a valid steam account, i can't send you your prize!

    I will accept entries until 11am EST, on Monday, at which point i will draw a winner randomly.

    The prize is two (2) games:
    • Bit.Trip Presents: Runner2 - Future Legend of Rhythm Alien
    • Half-Minute Hero: Super Maga Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

    And that's it! All you need to do is have been an Active Chatter in the recent past and send me a PM proving that!

    So good luck!

    (I will periodically repost this to get more exposure.)
    (Please send any inquiries to my account via PMs. i will gladly answer them!)

    QuidTehSlothNova_CemnmnmeDasUberEdwardInfamyDeferredjakobagger
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Don't back down, Shivahn.

    They tried to set America on fire that one time.

    Somehow this does not enrage me!

    They also said you had a dumb face!

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You can't use devices during takeoff. Why is syndalis telling lies like this?

    Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

    Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

    Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

    Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

    It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

    It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

    I really hope those base stations are fuck-off expensive to use though, because if people can start cheaply making phone calls on flights I might end up going on a murderous rampage.

    Sure, mission critical business call that you are willing to pay 50-75 dollars to make? I get it. "Guess what I had for dinner" will make me choke you when you are sharing my air and pressed into my arm cruelly due to the tiny seats.
    Yes, this would be a problem. Do you get people trying to Skype now?

    Their firewall blocks most streaming services. YouTube, HBO go, netflix, etc.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Skype got the hammer too.

    That is pretty sensible.

    I can't help but notice that those are all things that would threaten their money from selling in flight entertainment.

    Skype might too, but like... it's kind of a different class.

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Don't back down, Shivahn.

    They tried to set America on fire that one time.

    Somehow this does not enrage me!

    They also said you had a dumb face!

    Those bastards

    Quid
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    25 clove "spikes"
    4 cinnamon sticks
    3 bits of dried ginger
    1 ts cardamom seeds
    1 stick of vanilla, split lengthwise
    1 laurel leaf
    8 black peppercorns
    1 knife's edge of nutmeg
    2 star anise
    2 ss shredded lemon rind - none of the white!
    2 ss shredded orange rind - none of the white! It makes it bitter.
    8 dl water
    1/2 bottle of good aquavit
    4 bottles of full bodied red wine
    1 bottle of port
    ca 150 g demerara sugar
    Raisins and chopped, blanched almonds, other nuts, dried berries and fruit chopped up

    smash all the spices roughly, put the water in, give it a boil, let it draw for fifteen minutes, let it cool off for two three hours

    strain it, add the sugar, give it another boil. Set it aside. The spice extract mix can be prepared days and days in advance.


    Take a big pot, mix the spice extract, the port, the red, the aquavit, the dried fruits and nuts, and carefully heat it, but not above 72 C. More sugar to taste.

    Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    japan wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    You can't use devices during takeoff. Why is syndalis telling lies like this?

    Yeah you can. Or at least in the states. They just changed in about a month ago.

    Over here it's still slightly awkward when you're using an eReader and just close the case pretending that that is the same as turning it off.

    Plus, I'm not sure if it's just because I fly on cheap airlines, but I've never had plane wifi either.

    Really, you should make these two things more prominent in your international relations. These are important achievements that make you stand out from the rest of the world.

    It's expected that the eu will follow suit on in-flight electronics.

    It's likely to be combined with approval for repeating mobile base stations for aircraft use.

    I really hope those base stations are fuck-off expensive to use though, because if people can start cheaply making phone calls on flights I might end up going on a murderous rampage.

    Sure, mission critical business call that you are willing to pay 50-75 dollars to make? I get it. "Guess what I had for dinner" will make me choke you when you are sharing my air and pressed into my arm cruelly due to the tiny seats.
    Yes, this would be a problem. Do you get people trying to Skype now?

    Their firewall blocks most streaming services. YouTube, HBO go, netflix, etc.

    I wouldn't be surprised if Skype got the hammer too.

    That is pretty sensible.

    I can't help but notice that those are all things that would threaten their money from selling in flight entertainment.

    Skype might too, but like... it's kind of a different class.

    Skype would be a first class luxury

  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Quid

    This is gonna sound really dumb but I try to stay inside when it gets dark

    Can I do laundry at your house maybe? If I can't today.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Plane wifi is the best.

    Although the best part is how it's all oh yeah suddenly mobile devices won't bring the plane down anymore

    ftOqU21.png
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    god I hate fucking internet on flights

    I don't want lose a god damn excuse for not working on a flight

    "It was spotty, I couldn't get a good connection."
    Done.

    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    Quid
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    PantsB wrote: »
    tyrannus wrote: »
    god I hate fucking internet on flights

    I don't want lose a god damn excuse for not working on a flight

    "It was spotty, I couldn't get a good connection."
    Done.

    "Your coworker was able to get a good connection."

    it just adds an extra layer of explaining

    tyrannus on
  • QuidQuid I don't... what... hnnng Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid

    This is gonna sound really dumb but I try to stay inside when it gets dark

    Can I do laundry at your house maybe? If I can't today.

    Don't see why not. Outside of the FREEZING COLD down there. But that's your problem.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    oh and don't use an aluminium pot, use steel

    ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    and the aquavit can be well replaced by rum or cognac or vodka

    I liked the aquavit but as I said the taste is a lot more... characteristic.

    ftOqU21.png
  • tyrannustyrannus Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    It's like when you can start taking conference calls in your car.

    It's like "oh god"

    tyrannus on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I said simple! SIMPLE!

    Abd, there's more ingredients in that than a chef's kitchen.

    DasUberEdwardQuid
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Thanks for the Scandinavian gluhwein recipe.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I said simple! SIMPLE!

    Abd, there's more ingredients in that than a chef's kitchen.

    apart from being low on alcohol, I only lack like a handful of those.

    But okay, fine. Buy tomtegløgg, a bottle of red wine, a bottle of cognac, almonds. Heat it carefully and serve it to people who just came in from the cold.

    ftOqU21.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid

    This is gonna sound really dumb but I try to stay inside when it gets dark

    Can I do laundry at your house maybe? If I can't today.

    Don't see why not. Outside of the FREEZING COLD down there. But that's your problem.

    Freezing cold is awesome, though.

  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Thanks for the Scandinavian gluhwein recipe.

    I just noticed a lot of typos and untranslated bits

    ts - teaspoon

    ss - tablespoon

    ftOqU21.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid

    This is gonna sound really dumb but I try to stay inside when it gets dark

    Can I do laundry at your house maybe? If I can't today.

    Don't see why not. Outside of the FREEZING COLD down there. But that's your problem.

    Freezing cold is awesome, though.

    wut

    AbdhyiusevilbobQuid
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I've never actually followed this recipe closely

    we made gløgg once but we didn't make five wine bottles' worth so we just threw in whatever amounts of things.

    ftOqU21.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid

    This is gonna sound really dumb but I try to stay inside when it gets dark

    Can I do laundry at your house maybe? If I can't today.

    Don't see why not. Outside of the FREEZING COLD down there. But that's your problem.

    Freezing cold is awesome, though.

    hah

    hah hah hah

    ftOqU21.png
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Eastern coastal temptressRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Quid

    This is gonna sound really dumb but I try to stay inside when it gets dark

    Can I do laundry at your house maybe? If I can't today.

    Don't see why not. Outside of the FREEZING COLD down there. But that's your problem.

    Freezing cold is awesome, though.

    hah

    hah hah hah

    "Freezing cold" in the sense Quid means isn't gonna hurt anyone.

This discussion has been closed.