As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

These Aren't the Dorfs We're Looking For

The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
edited December 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright; having decided that Dwarf Fortress has clearly become too dumbed down and casual after Toa$dy sold us all out to the big wigs at Bay 12 Games, I've decided to install Masterwork Dwarf Fortress and try my hand at something even more Fun and cryptic.

There is a problem:

I am an incredibly vain and superficial person, and I want to use Spacefox's pretty Dwarf sprites on top of the pretty Masterwork tileset. Swapping the tileset is simple - but the spritesheet is locked into Phoebus Dwarfs! D: My efforts to edit the raw files to change the spritesheet has only resulted in bad thoughts accumulating in my head: even though I've deleted every single Phoebus spritesheet I've been able to find and replaced it with a Spacefox sheet, DF is still pulling Phoebus Dwarfs from some arcane directory and using those instead. I've decided to ask for advice before I go have a tantrum and things start to sail off in an arc.

Does anyone know where the source spritesheet is that I need to replace in Masterwork? Or is there some other way to get it to recognize the Spacefox sheet I want it to use?

Thanks.

May your holidays menace with spikes of Bauxite.

With Love and Courage
The Ender on

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @Mayday might be able to help.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    I just might.

First, I'm going to assume all you've said is a lie and you didn't actually check the save folder located at: DF/data/save/region*/

You see, DF only uses the /DF/raw/graphics/ folder when generating a world- it pulls all the files from DF/raw/ and puts them in the save folder. So if you want to replace graphics for an existing world, you gotta do it in DF/data/save/region*/

Second of all, editing the graphics file is still necessary. You gotta remove everything between [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:DWARF] and the next [CREATURE_GRAPHICS:xxx] tag and replace it with appropriate text from the Spacefox package.

If you still have problems, be sure to @ me and I'll try to provite more detailed instructions.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Mayday, you're a gentleman and a scholar (which, unfortunately, means that we'll have to wall you into your quarters over paranoia of your possible vampirism).

The dwarfs are now working properly. Well, as properly as one can expect dwarfs to work, anyway.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Mayday, you're a gentleman and a scholar (which, unfortunately, means that we'll have to wall you into your quarters over paranoia of your possible vampirism).

The dwarfs are now working properly. Well, as properly as one can expect dwarfs to work, anyway.

That's an issue of not enough alcohol.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    Mayday, you're a gentleman and a scholar (which, unfortunately, means that we'll have to wall you into your quarters over paranoia of your possible vampirism.
    Joke's on you, I've already walled myself in! #socialanxiety
    Anyway, no problem and glad everything's working alright.