Options

Videogames Are Alright [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

It took me 10 minutes to vote for this because steam has a shit interface for mobile.

Everyone go vote for this

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    And now that I think about it, 10mil might have been last year

10mil is in fact a 2012 game because it made my list in 2012

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I think the fact that I don't interact with social media at all means I don't get tired of memes nearly as fast as other people. I still chuckle at Doge when I see it.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, Brad is the straight man most of the time but when he cracks a good joke it can be KILLER.

His Rush Limbaugh impression was amazing.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    voting for things on green light doesn't really do anything

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So I finally tracked down a bag of Cheesy Garlic Bread Lay's.

These things are fuckin delicious

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

What.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Dark Souls is super fun.

I've definitely died a few times, but I beat this big Taurus Demon guy (who didn't even drop anything, pffft) and I found this random bridge that led to an undead dragon that unsurprisingly came to life after I got a nice new sword and shield.

Most Dark Soulsy moment so far was while I was running in terror from this big black knight fellow, and I thought I would trick him by going down a ladder. He leapt over me and fell down to the bottom, and as I was beginning to gloat, a random skeleton stabbed me on the ladder and killed me.

I have zero idea what some things are though because I'm attempting to not use a guide or anything. I don't know where the heck to repair my equipment and I thought I saw that you could warp between bonfires but that hasn't happened yet either.

All in all, though, fantastic fun. And DSfix makes it look real purty.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

What.
    lays_cheesy_garlic_bread.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They are way better than the sriracha flavored chips. I was really disappointed with those. Still haven't been able to find a bag of chicken and waffles though.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Every time I go to the US I am horrified to not find any ketchup chips

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    We have ketchup chips on the east coast. I've never seen them west of New York though. Old Bay chips too. Oh man, those fuckers are addictive.

Maximum on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    potato chips are gross

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Dark Souls is super fun.

I've definitely died a few times, but I beat this big Taurus Demon guy (who didn't even drop anything, pffft) and I found this random bridge that led to an undead dragon that unsurprisingly came to life after I got a nice new sword and shield.

Most Dark Soulsy moment so far was while I was running in terror from this big black knight fellow, and I thought I would trick him by going down a ladder. He leapt over me and fell down to the bottom, and as I was beginning to gloat, a random skeleton stabbed me on the ladder and killed me.

I have zero idea what some things are though because I'm attempting to not use a guide or anything. I don't know where the heck to repair my equipment and I thought I saw that you could warp between bonfires but that hasn't happened yet either.

All in all, though, fantastic fun. And DSfix makes it look real purty.

when you find a blacksmith, you can buy items from him that will let you repair equipment at your bonfire

you don't get the ability to warp for a while yet

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    They are way better than the sriracha flavored chips. I was really disappointed with those. Still haven't been able to find a bag of chicken and waffles though.
    They are weird but not bad.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    This is the first year where I'm having a hard time choosing a game of the year. I have no clear frontrunner for "Yes, I enjoyed this above all the other games I played."

It's gonna be hard choosing between Fire Emblem, Last of Us and Revengeance.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Some dude also gave me a copper coin and asked me to join some covenant, but it didn't say anything about what the covenant did, and this coin doesn't appear to do anything either.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Some dude also gave me a copper coin and asked me to join some covenant, but it didn't say anything about what the covenant did, and this coin doesn't appear to do anything either.

Yeah, the coins do nothing.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Stilts wrote: »

Yeah, the coins do nothing.

You eventually find someone who will give you souls for them, but that's it.

edit: note that Sunlight Medals are a different story. They look similar, but those are used to rank up in one of the covenants.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Unprofessional Fridays has been delayed for like 20 minutes because they've been waiting on special guest Rich Gallup

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

The Sriracha ones were fucking amazing, I don't know how they didn't win.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I think my just like "Shit what was I doing? Taking a test? Fuck I kept thinking about X" games this year were Fire Emblem, Dota 2, and Rogue Legacy, most everything else in my top 10 would be a game I was like "This is rad" but when I finished it, the thing left my mind and was Done.

I put my dumb ramblings under a spoiler to save your scroll-wheel
    Fire Emblem was a helluva ride and is I think the only video game to ever make me tear up? Like it's dumb that this is the game that made me the most emotional but the post-credit scene actually had tears form in my eyes and well

Shit

I'm a fuckin' nerd if that got me but it got me good.

On top of that I don't think I'll ever get tired of playing a good turn-based strategy game like this or the Final Fantasy Tactics games, and when you throw in a rockin' class system and the ability to get my characters to talk to each other what the hell I've bought 3 tickets where is the train i don't care where it's going

Rogue Legacy was weird in that I had 0 idea it existed until the day the demo hit, and then I was Straight Hooked and I just kept going, it was a really fun experience that I think was kinda enhanced by my using my fightstick to play it; it felt like a true old-school arcadey side-scroller that I had emulated or something

Being super fun to play was a real nice bonus; it felt skilled based even if the castle was random every time you went in. It's all about how well you keep your wits about you and apply what you know about enemy archetypes between different layouts, and even though there were points of stagnation it just took a break to clear my head and get Back In The Zone.

I'm not gonna talk about Dota 2 a ton because I can't really explain why I fuckin' love that there video game, but The International 3 is probably up there with my first time watching EVO and the hype I got there, those finals were Nuts.

Huntera on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Dark Souls 2 is supposed to explain its covenants better, right?

That was one of my only real gripes with DS1, was how obtuse that shit was

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    the coins are a gift from a friend you monsters. don't pawn them for money you don't need.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Finish last of us

That sure is a hell of a second half

• Options
    Finish last of us

The_Giraffe_Scene.PNG

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Finish last of us

The_Giraffe_Scene.PNG

Most polarizing game of the year

• Options
    I have no hope that the Last of Us is coming out on PS4 but the more I think about it the more man I really want The Last of Us to come out on PS4

I no longer have a PS3 so I can't play it again

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Finish last of us

The_Giraffe_Scene.PNG

Most polarizing game of the year

Sorry but persona 4 has won that every year since it released

• Options
    Oh I meant personally polarizing

Not from like a community standpoint.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I kind of forgot until last night that I was on the last mission of Portable Ops, so bam! Beat that game! I enjoyed it. Certainly wasn't perfect, and I had to be a bit creative to make the controls work, but overall an enjoyable game.

And now I can dig into Peace Walker on my night bus to Tokyo and long ass flight back to America!

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    PW blows PO out of the water, you're in for a good time

I think TLOU is probably gonna take goty for me but I still have yet to play gone home or the Stanley parable, which I'm planning on getting to before the year is over

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Depression Quest is a game I will never, ever, ever play.

But, I am happy someone is out there making games like it so, sure, I'll throw it a vote on greenlight, why not.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Depression Quest is a game I will never, ever, ever play.

But, I am happy someone is out there making games like it so, sure, I'll throw it a vote on greenlight, why not.

I'd play it if it was a turn based squad tactics game.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Depression quest??? More like my life!

Ahaha

Hahaaha

Hah

No but like, actually

• Options
    The Last of Us is my favorite game Naughty Dog's ever done

and I like Uncharted 2 a lot

and I like Jak 2 a lot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    Video games are back.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    that was amazing

• Options
    I'll have more to say when im home cause f spoiler tags on a phone but it absolutely is not my game of the year, though I have a lot of respect for what they accomplished.

This discussion has been closed.