Options

Videogames Are Alright [Giant Bomb]

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Is there any basis to bloody nosed arousal or is it just a weird japanese thing

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Is there any basis to bloody nosed arousal or is it just a weird japanese thing

It's just an urban legend on Japan

Comparable to the old wive's tale that you'll grow hair on your palms if you masturbate

• Options
    So it is just another sneeze when someone is talking about you

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I thought is was a joke about all your blood going to your head.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    There's this one part in One Piece where a dude does the "see a pretty lady and get a bloody nose" gag.

And then they spent an episode or two making it a Serious Medical Drama where this man is losing too much blood and needs a transplant but no one with his blood type will donate and oh no!

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    it was sanji wasn't it

• Options
    Yes.

Yes it was.

He finally got to see a mermaid.

It literally almost killed him.

• Options
    I need to pick One Piece back up.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    One Piece is incredible

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    There's this one part in One Piece where a dude does the "see a pretty lady and get a bloody nose" gag.

And then they spent an episode or two making it a Serious Medical Drama where this man is losing too much blood and needs a transplant but no one with his blood type will donate and oh no!

Anime is alright.

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I finished Device 6. definitely one of the best games I've played all year

are there multiple endings, or is it just a once-through-and-done deal?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular

Anime is alright.

bullshit

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I finished Device 6. definitely one of the best games I've played all year

are there multiple endings, or is it just a once-through-and-done deal?

Just once through

I thought maybe you could jack up the ending by playing through a second time
    since if you know the password to the men's room in advance you never have to punch out Player 247

But nah

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

Anime is alright.

I've only seen one episode of one piece but it was basically a 22 minute "HAHA TRANGENDERS" joke

It was most definitely not "alright"

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    vann how is FLCL possibly a thing you like

It is my very favorite anime, one of my favorite tv series even

It is great

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    It turns out that if you make a visually stunning and stylish anime with actual themes and interesting narrative arcs that aren't hampered by complete shit pacing

I will love it!

• Options
    The first One Piece episode I ever watched ended with a cliffhanger where the characters were almost killed when their ship was in the path of an oncoming SEA TRAIN

I've loved it ever since

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    said it before and i'll say it again proudly

flcl only anime on my shelf, and it earned that privilege

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Anime is alright.

I've only seen one episode of one piece but it was basically a 22 minute "HAHA TRANGENDERS" joke

Pretty sure I know what you're talking about, and yeah there was an unfortunate thing there. Thankfully brief but it was shitty.

On the plus side there have been trans-positive stuff too, including a whole thing where the protagonist is trapped in this big prison and finds this whole hidden community of prisoners there dedicated to equality.

• Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    said it before and i'll say it again proudly

flcl only anime on my shelf, and it earned that privilege

Listen

you should just

buy Love Hina, now hear me out

there's one guy

and lots of girls

hot, right?

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

Anime is alright.

Pretty sure I know what you're talking about, and yeah there was an unfortunate thing there. Thankfully brief but it was shitty.

On the plus side there have been trans-positive stuff too, including a whole thing where the protagonist is trapped in this big prison and finds this whole hidden community of prisoners there dedicated to equality.

I've lost pace with One Piece. What are we talking about?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    go on.....

• Options
    edited December 2013
    it's a train

only instead of tracks, it has miles and miles of water to drive on

SEA TRAIN

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    go on.....

sometimes the guy sees a girl naked and he's all flustered. it's HILARIOUS

• Options
    Love Hina might be the worst thing I've ever seen that wasn't outright designed to be awful

• Options
    I'm not joking when I say Love Hina turned me off anime for nearly a decade

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »

Anime is alright.

I've lost pace with One Piece. What are we talking about?

Impel Down arc.

Luffy busts into the big government prison to try and save his brother. He meets up with a dude who is visually inspired by Tim Curry in Rocky Horror, who has built a hidden community of prisoners where being yourself is emphasized and the Tim Curry dude has the power to change a person's gender so he helps people be the way they wanna be and the whole thing is portrayed as being fun and good and wonderful and then they all work together to bust out.

• Options
    I've never seen Love Hina, is it really that bad?

I always assumed it was just typical harem stuff which is generally pretty tame.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    I'm not joking when I say Love Hina turned me off anime for nearly a decade

I really enjoyed Love Hina when it first came out and I was 15 or 16 or something.

Then recently I decided to look back on it and watch it with my wife. It was very very embarrassing when I realized I didn't like it when I was 16 because it was quality and that somehow I had convinced myself otherwise.

No I don't.
  • Options
    it has a 7.3 on imdb so you guys are a bunch of liars

gonna go watch love hina

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    So, instead of the usual Gran Turismo style jazz menu music, GT6 is currently playing Gran Turismo style jazz Christmas music.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    it has a 7.3 on imdb so you guys are a bunch of liars

gonna go watch love hina

That's about the number of boners my puberty crazed self popped per episode. And about the number of times you'll laugh per watch through of the whole series.

From what I remember the Manga is a little better written.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I remember Negima being okay, who knows how much that's some nostalgia.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Love Hina is the essence of awful fanservice distilled into its purest form

There is no human element, no emotion, no personality, just relentless slavish devotion to the worst harem tropes and fanservice

It is so bad

• Options
    I have every single Love Hina DVD on my shelf and I can't remember why and also remember nothing about it

• Options
    anyone want my DVDS

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    So, instead of the usual Gran Turismo style jazz menu music, GT6 is currently playing Gran Turismo style jazz Christmas music.

That's what happens when you put a microphone under a christmas tree.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    anyone want my DVDS

ebay does

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »
    I remember Negima being okay, who knows how much that's some nostalgia.

Negima has a ton of fanservice.

But at the same time it has some solid humor, likeable characters, decent storytelling, good art, good action, and a lot of good female characters(once you get past the fanservice).

It's pretty good, IMO.

This discussion has been closed.