As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

XXXMAS - Gifty Give / Looty Get!

12346»

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    My mom and my uncle did this 'difficult wrapping' game for years where they would try to outdo each other when wrapping their presents to make it as difficult as possible to open, but that all ended the year my mom put my uncle's gift in a wood slat box and screwed it shut on every slat using 2" screws and taped a screwdriver to the top

Your uncle gives up too easily.

What he needs is one of these:

sheet%20metal%20brake.jpg

one of these:

415H-eKCu1L._SY300_.jpg

and these:

prghand-g1.jpg
    49b36e7ccdfcbc46.jpg

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Brolo wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    that's why you put the bucket in a box, silly

then put that box in a slightly larger bucket

And then you'll mail that box bucket to yourself.

Sheri on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    My mom and my uncle did this 'difficult wrapping' game for years where they would try to outdo each other when wrapping their presents to make it as difficult as possible to open, but that all ended the year my mom put my uncle's gift in a wood slat box and screwed it shut on every slat using 2" screws and taped a screwdriver to the top

Your uncle gives up too easily.

What he needs is one of these:

sheet%20metal%20brake.jpg

one of these:

415H-eKCu1L._SY300_.jpg

and these:

prghand-g1.jpg
    49b36e7ccdfcbc46.jpg

Pop riveting by hand is not fun. Get a pneumatic. I bought my wife her gift yesterday. Sapphire is her birthstone and she already has some earrings. Plus it was half off since I am an Amazon prime member. We are flat broke so I had to save up a few bucks at a time over the past three months and I am going to surprise the hell out of her I hope.

31lElXCpxyL._SL500_.jpg

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    @furlion: There was an audible gasp from me when I saw that necklace.

that is amazing.

good job, buddy.

• Options
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Thanks. I am pretty sure she will like it. We also bought the last of our gifts for our three year old son. We bought him a three wheeled push scooter which I think he will enjoy. Although we are not really trying that hard since my brother and father went in together on an electric four wheeler. Damn thing has reverse, low, and high gears and tops out at 5 mph. He has figured out if he gets up to top speed and then cuts the wheel all the way it will do a power slide on the asphalt. Amusingly enough he calls it crashing. Once he actually crashes I doubt he will confuse the two anymore lol.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I absolutely adore deep blue gemstones

Love it

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    aw man it turns out my sister-in-law's parents bought one of the same things I did off my brother's wishlist. they didn't mark it as bought! always mark it as bought if you don't get it on amazon! so now i have to return it and find something else in the next few days. boo. I had already wrapped it too!

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    My boyfriend is the very best that there ever was :3 I feel bad because all I got him for an early gift was archie the scare pig

1525069_10103639600054179_1250883873_n.jpg

his friends got him a billy bass in the hopes of recreating this video

cabsy on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    So, I don't have access to a computer while I'm away, but I still wanted to take a moment and say how touched and humbled I am by all the kind things and gifts people on this dang forum share every year with one another. @Sheri, @smof, @karrde1842, and @SagatSatan... you guys rock.

Errybody group hug, ilu.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Went down to my brother and his wife's for Christmas and they went all out. They made us prime rib for Christmas eve, Turkey and ham on Christmas. My Satan got me a nice gift certificate to Cheryls which turned into delicious cookies we all enjoyed. Then the gifting! My family was ridiculous. I got:

SONY SmartWatch 2
    NASA polo
    PA Fantasy football shirt
    Carhartt winter coat
    Dickies lined hoodie/jacket
    Rain jacket
    Tie, socks, chocolate, reeses

And then I from Santa :D
    Fuji Camera (14 mp)
    Levi jeans
    Star Wars Empire logo polo

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    aw man it turns out my sister-in-law's parents bought one of the same things I did off my brother's wishlist. they didn't mark it as bought! always mark it as bought if you don't get it on amazon! so now i have to return it and find something else in the next few days. boo. I had already wrapped it too!

I ended up giving 3 duplicate gifts this holiday season :(
    Yay for getting items that aren't a pain to return/exchange?

always mark it as bought if you don't get it on amazon!
    I didn't know I could do this till about a week ago. Thought it was just a crapshoot for items that weren't on Amazon

skettios on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    I received Shadow of the Colossus this year. Old, yeah, but I've never owned a system it was on until this year, so it was on my backlog.

It is so good.

My uncle is staying with us for the holiday, and so he's been watching me play it and man he just doesn't get it. He's been saying stuff like, "It's just the same thing over and over again. Find a monster, figure out how to grab onto it, and then stab." Or he'll say shit like, "You know where the weak point is, you should just stand on the ground and shoot it with your bow."

Dude cannot grasp why the game is so amazing. It's the mournful atmosphere. It's the long, quiet rides to the unmarked dwellings of the colossi. It's the thrill of the hunt. It's the feeling of standing up on the shoulders of a giant, your hair blowing in the wind, always at the ready to grab tight at the first sign of trouble.

I love this game. Last night, I fought
    The bird, and the guy in the underground tomb.

I can see myself doing several playthroughs.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    0tExqI7.jpg

there was a question of whether the LEGOmen were glued to the bill or mounted on LEGO mounts and I didn't get to answer before the christmas section was locked..

there are two little pads that are attached to the bill that you can snap any sort of LEGO to

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    So, I don't have access to a computer while I'm away, but I still wanted to take a moment and say how touched and humbled I am by all the kind things and gifts people on this dang forum share every year with one another. @Sheri, @smof, @karrde1842, and @SagatSatan... you guys rock.

Errybody group hug, ilu.

Giiiirl I will group hug you any time <3

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited December 2013
    So I was blessed to receive lots of great gifts this year. My most favorite though, was this stocking stuffer from my sister. I'm going to wear it everywhere!

cape.jpg

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    As for what I gave, I think my favorite was either:
    Giving Chrono Trigger to my youngest sister. She's not so good at video games, it turns out, but I'll be damned if she doesn't try. She's in the middle of the prison break right now, she failed the dragon tank fight and decided to quit for the day. I think the dragon tank will either teach her how to manage her panic during hectic fights, or drive her to ragequit the whole game.

She has no idea how far she has left to go in this game.

or
    Giving a set of lockpicks and a see-through practice lock to my other little sister. She mentioned to me a few months back that a guy in her dorm knew how to pick locks, and that she thought it would be fun to learn, just as a hobby or something.

Turns out, she's kinda scary good at it. It took her about 24 hours to get the practice lock the first time, then she got it again last night -- and then again, and again, and again, over the course of the next hour. So she moved to our front door, and had it done in 10 minutes.

I have given her a summary of the laws regarding lockpicks and their use in our state. :-P

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Well in that case for Blake I got him a <stuffed alien plush toy> that <pokes a smaller mouth out of its big mouth> when you <squeeze it>, a <wooden catapult> to go with a <wooden trebuchet> he already has, a pair of <tickets to go see the magic troupe The Illusionists perform here in Perth>, a <film cel> from <Pacific Rim> and a <Cherno Alpha baseball cap> to match it

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I got a bunch of cool stuff. A Terry Pratchett novel, some giftcards, some BluRays, a slinky, a bottle of Makers 46, and a bag of homemade deliciousness.

I gave much of the same. Movies, music, literature, yummy edibles. My family does big presents for birthdays.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    As for what I gave, I think my favorite was either:
    Giving Chrono Trigger to my youngest sister. She's not so good at video games, it turns out, but I'll be damned if she doesn't try. She's in the middle of the prison break right now, she failed the dragon tank fight and decided to quit for the day. I think the dragon tank will either teach her how to manage her panic during hectic fights, or drive her to ragequit the whole game.

She has no idea how far she has left to go in this game.

or
    Giving a set of lockpicks and a see-through practice lock to my other little sister. She mentioned to me a few months back that a guy in her dorm knew how to pick locks, and that she thought it would be fun to learn, just as a hobby or something.

Turns out, she's kinda scary good at it. It took her about 24 hours to get the practice lock the first time, then she got it again last night -- and then again, and again, and again, over the course of the next hour. So she moved to our front door, and had it done in 10 minutes.

I have given her a summary of the laws regarding lockpicks and their use in our state. :-P

How and where do you get those tools? It definitely seems like a fun hobby.

Isn't there an organization called TOOOL or something for this sort of thing? I remember hearing about it recently, which piqued my interest. Also that their rule was "don't pick a lock that you don't own."

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    I got a hoodie, some nice shirts, some socks and I gave everyone in my family a 2DS and got them hooked on Pokemon.