As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superhero Movies] Thor is coming back to your house on 2/25.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    didn't kids like high school musical a lot at the time?

I've never seen it but I always got the impression that it was well regarded
    It is popular but it is terrible

Like, I actually sat through one of those things and I enjoy musicals and it is horrible

well okay but isn't villain kids high school thingy being made for the same basic tween(? is that the term?) market?

seems like it's right in that guy's wheelhouse
    Oh yes, it will probably be a huge success and a ratings smash

but I was hoping it would actually be a pretty rad little thing and judging from that dude's past work I am very skeptical it'll be any good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Remember Sky High?

That was a good movie.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    it would be nice

but sometimes kids just need their dumb kid things

ain't no biggie

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I might be a little late on this, but that second Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer was so much better than the first one and I am now super pumped for that movie.

THE WAY HE CAUGHT THAT COP CAR HOLY SHIT

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I might be a little late on this, but that second Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer was so much better than the first one and I am now super pumped for that movie.

And then he had a little bit of quipping in a not asshole way.

That trailer was the Spider-Man-est.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Yeah that Spider-Man trailer, yeah!

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    DeMoN wrote: »

Like,

I get why people didn't like the first one but this movie feels like a checklist of everything cool or important to Spidy that they didn't get right the first time and I am so excited.

Also I know there are some things that implied he was that strong but I think the car catching thing is the first thing to really get across how powerful Spidy really is to happen in a movie.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Say what you will, but Spidey stopping that runaway train in Spider-Man 2 is still awesome.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I love that they just thought "fuck it, death, death, death and death"

• Options
    Oh fuck archer on archer fight

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    On arrow?

It Gets Better!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    The four Deaths thing deprives us of Banshee being Famine. Which would have been great.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The four Deaths thing deprives us of Banshee being Famine. Which would have been great.

But he would have only been able to affect Potatoes.

...yeah I got nothing

(does the walk of shame back to his corner)

• Options
    not cool dude

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I always enjoyed the Horseman of War in Supernatural.
    SAM: Who the hell are you?

ROGER takes off his glasses.

SAM: What are you?

'ROGER': You caught me. Popped in to watch. I can hustle like that.

SAM: So, the Roger everyone around here knows, the real Roger?

'ROGER': Buried in a ditch.

SAM rolls his eyes and nods. 'ROGER' closes the door, moves another chair, and sits down.

SAM: So who are you?

'ROGER': Here's a hint. I was in Germany. Then in Germany. Then in the Middle East. I was in Darfur when my beeper went off. I'm waiting to hook up with my siblings. I've got three. We're going to have so much fun together.

SAM nods, realizing what DEAN just did: this is one of the Four Horsemen, WAR.

SAM: I know who you are. There aren't any demons in town, are there?

WAR: Nope. Just frightened people ripping each other's throats out. I really haven't had to do too much. Take out a bridge here, lay in a little hallucination there, sit back, pop some corn, watch the show. Frankly, you're really vicious little animals, Sam.

SAM: No. You're doing this.

WAR: Please. Last week, this was Mayberry. Now these people are stabbing each other's children.

SAM: 'Cause you made them see demons!

WAR: Honestly, people don't need a reason to kill each other. I mean, you seen the Irish? They're all Irish.

SAM rolls his eyes.

WAR: You think I'm a monster. I'm jello shots at a party. I just remove inhibitions.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Arrow season two
    I absolutely love this Barry Allen!

Solar on
  • Options
    Barry And Felicity yes yes yes oh please yes forever

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Flashlicity OTP

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Flashlicity OTP

amen brother

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Thinking back on the X-Men movies I like individual scenes but I'm not sure any of them hold up as movies very well

But

One of the jokes in - I think the second one - was one of the most elegant jokes ever told in a superhero movie

When Bobby's mom struggles to find some way to communicate with her son and finally gets out, "Have you tried... not being a mutant?"

I still remember the first time I heard that joke, because I laughed at it, but my father was watching the movie with us and he laughed so hard he sank into his chair in the theater, the kind of wheezing laughter that made me wonder if he was going to choke to death before it was over

When he finally calms down he leans over to me and says, "Because it's like he just told them he was gay"

"Thanks Dad," I said to him, "I picked up what they were puttin' down"

I can make him laugh on command with that joke if I reconstruct the context for him

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    So I gotta wait until January to see the next Arrow episode?

fuckin

fuckin bullshit man

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    LEGO MODOK

LEGO MODOK

Lego-Marvel-Super-Heroes-76018.jpg

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I call shenanigans.

No way the Falcon wings let minifigs fly.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait

Lego Taskmaster?

I need it as a keychain Right Now

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man MODOK and Taskmaster in the same set plus Thor, Falcon and Hulk is preeetty tempting

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Important question:

Is Lego MODOK's head an upscaled version of the standard minifig head?

Same question re: the Hulk

Joolander on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hulk is a solid plastic chunk, aside from the arms, and is a unique mold. The head isn't even a separate bit.

MODOK looks to have a single plastic piece for his head, rather than the "head + hair" bits. It does look like it's separate from the body though.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    LEGO is having way too much fun with their Marvel sets. I think Lego MODOK is going to demand a purchase, though.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Marvel is doing something with Taskmaster.

I swear, starting around Marvel vs. Capcom he started popping up all over the place. He's been gradually seeping into the public eye with toys and games and shows - just like Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Nova and Rocket Raccoon.

He'll be a player in either the television or movies soon, I think. Hopefully that means MODOK as well...

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Question about that Hulk: Can he lift things over his head?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Marvel is doing something with Taskmaster.

I swear, starting around Marvel vs. Capcom he started popping up all over the place. He's been gradually seeping into the public eye with toys and games and shows - just like Dr. Strange, Iron Fist, Nova and Rocket Raccoon.

He'll be a player in either the television or movies soon, I think. Hopefully that means MODOK as well...

I have friends who are huge taskmaster fans solely because of MVC3

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I could see Tasky working really well on AoS

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

I searched and searched GIS for a picture of him doing just that! Alas, I found nothing. My GIS-fu fails.

But yes, I believe he can.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Now I just need to find one piecemeal somehow...

• Options
    edited December 2013

I just checked and the I forgot that the one I have has two joints in his arms. One swivel in his shoulder and one swivel in his wrist. So yes, he can lift stuff above his head.

EDIT:
    Now I just need to find one piecemeal somehow...
    Hulk seems to be going for $25-35 loose, so you'd probably just be better served buying a full set with him in it.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Lego Hulk looks neat but he ain't no Desktop Hulk

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Desktop Hulk?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    gtrmp wrote: »
    LEGO MODOK

LEGO MODOK

Lego-Marvel-Super-Heroes-76018.jpg

fuuuuuuck

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    It's too bad that a lot of the licensed Lego sets are awful

Like look at the actual set other than the figs

It's basically nonexistent

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    I could see Tasky working really well on AoS

Give him kinda the Ultimate Spider-man (cartoon) origin where he is a former SHIELD Agent with ties to Coulson. Give him kinda background role for a while as he observes the team in action. He takes out all the agents leaving the nerds and the hacker at his mercy who take him down because they are not fighters and beat him with science and hacked security devices.

This discussion has been closed.