We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

PAX East 2014 Parties

11113151617

Posts

  • Slim30Slim30 Registered User regular
    I have a question about the NVidia party. I got my confirmation email, but all it says is "Thank you for confirming that you are going to the event". Does this mean that I just need to show up and my name will be on a list? Did anyone else get more information in their confirmation email?

  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA Registered User regular
    I imagine they will check your ID at the door.

  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Slim30 wrote: »
    I have a question about the NVidia party. I got my confirmation email, but all it says is "Thank you for confirming that you are going to the event". Does this mean that I just need to show up and my name will be on a list? Did anyone else get more information in their confirmation email?

    Just show up, and bring ID to confirm your identity and your age.

  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Sudds27 wrote: »
    I got the rejection email from NVIDIA.... good thing that I know people... cause I'm still going!!! Also, if Twitch is doing something at Underbar... it's the same location as Guilt. So, if you can get into either party, I'm sure that it will be worth the trip. I'm probably driving from the convention center to a parking garage across the street from Guilt/Underbar/Royale... track me down and I'll give you a lift. I just have to remove my two kid seats!!!!

    Thats actually a damn good idea. Most of the time I walk to parties but with the con closing early this year I dont know how long the garage will be open until. Dont want my car to get stuck at the BCEC overnight.

    f7v9h.jpg
  • Sudds27Sudds27 Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have no idea how long the parking lot at the convention center is open either... I do know that they do not offer overnight parking (in the outdoor lot). There's a huge parking garage directly across the street from Royale and there are a bunch of rando parking lots within walking distance as well.

  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA Registered User regular
    From Pax FAQ:

    Week of PAX Question: Where do I park? Can I park there overnight?

    Onsite parking is open between 6 AM and 2 AM Friday/Saturday, and then between 6 AM and Midnight on Sunday. $12 all day, but there is NO overnight parking. There is also an overflow lot on the North Jetty (FID Kennedy Ave) with the same times and rates.

  • stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    Sudds27 wrote: »
    Yeah, I have no idea how long the parking lot at the convention center is open either...

    The lot is open from 6AM - 2AM Friday and Saturday, till midnight Sunday. http://east.paxsite.com/faq#week-of-pax-question-where-do-i-park-can-i-park-there-overnight

  • CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    We gave our location for our party.

    Cabadrin on
    e2TtnRd.png
  • upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Sanshee just added their themed drinks via fb post. Looks like anyone who decides to sample will be in for lol.

  • Kolazonta87Kolazonta87 Registered User new member
    Drjuki wrote: »
    To anyone planning any EDM events, I can DJ for that. (Preferably all-age events)
    Dude let me.know.about any edm events pls, first time partying after pax but I rave out in Brooklyn for days still

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    god those sanshee drinks look so good

  • Kolazonta87Kolazonta87 Registered User new member
    Kuma wrote: »
    Im really hoping at this point for a Sunday party that goes on after PAX closes

    Kuma you from.nyc?

  • Kolazonta87Kolazonta87 Registered User new member
    Kuma wrote: »
    AnyoneLolow how MA bars treat ecigs? It'd be great to be able to vape but I know a lot of places still equate it to actual smoking. But I guess going out to smoke always lends to finding conversation lol.

    Most towns in MA are strict on vaping. But look at the bright side, we will all be easily found outside of the bar so we can talk our hobby with each other.

    Ill be rocking my Provari and Nemesis over the weekend. Ill give you a high five if I see ya

    Haha yea I think its always fun running into fellow smokers. I alternate between vape and cigs.

    I think my friday plans are Nvidia then Indies Need Booze then Destructoid. Saturday Wolfenstein then Asus then Sanshee, if I can get into Infinite Crisis that too.

    Too ambitious? Lol

    Idk how you'll be getting into all these parties but let.me.know if there's a secret I need tolearn this after pax party/ Boston party scene

  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Slim30 wrote: »
    I have a question about the NVidia party. I got my confirmation email, but all it says is "Thank you for confirming that you are going to the event". Does this mean that I just need to show up and my name will be on a list? Did anyone else get more information in their confirmation email?

    I got a print out thingy.

    desc wrote: »
    ~ * ~ Week-Long Dance-a-thon Booty Ribbon ~ * ~
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Kuma wrote: »
    Im really hoping at this point for a Sunday party that goes on after PAX closes

    Kuma you from.nyc?

    no, just south of Boston

    f7v9h.jpg
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA Registered User regular
    I got a print out thingy.

    did it come with the email?

  • upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    @Kolazonta87 haha well I am confirmed/have tickets for all but wolfenstein, destructoid, IC since theres no rsvp/tickets for those. So the others are definite since I got tickets to ensure I could show up whenever.

  • EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    Relevant to interests (re Twitch Party) -

    tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    ive never been to a Twitch party, testimonials?

    f7v9h.jpg
  • EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    Kuma wrote: »
    ive never been to a Twitch party, testimonials?

    Usually one of the good ones on any list. They had good parties at both E3 and PAX last year.

    tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • LadyLoveMonsterLadyLoveMonster Registered User regular
    Kuma wrote: »
    ive never been to a Twitch party, testimonials?

    Mmm.. last year was okay. I didn't stay for too long, but the drinks were expensive. They had someone doing some acrobatic stuff.

  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    EscoBlades wrote: »
    Kuma wrote: »
    ive never been to a Twitch party, testimonials?

    Usually one of the good ones on any list. They had good parties at both E3 and PAX last year.
    Hmmmm sounds good, now I just need to get tickets. I need to find out how. To the INTERNET!

    f7v9h.jpg
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Idk how you'll be getting into all these parties but let.me.know if there's a secret I need tolearn this after pax party/ Boston party scene

    ok, I'll let you know, THERE IS A SECRET. But if we told people on the forums 1) it would not be a secret 2) we would not be able to do it anymore and 3) we would be publicly executed ala "Game of Thrones Red Wedding"

    Party hopping is an skill you will learn at either PAX. Here is your first lesson and hint. Look for the person in the crowd who seems the least worried about not being able to get in. Watch them as they get in. Then you will expand your knowledge greatly :)

    Right now I am ticketed, rsvp, or otherwise going to attend 3 Parties Thursday, and 4 on Friday, 3 on Saturday. The Saturday number will probably climb to 5. I don't do Sunday parties....damn boss makes me show up sober on Monday.



    upstateny-dan
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Idk how you'll be getting into all these parties but let.me.know if there's a secret I need tolearn this after pax party/ Boston party scene

    ok, I'll let you know, THERE IS A SECRET. But if we told people on the forums 1) it would not be a secret 2) we would not be able to do it anymore and 3) we would be publicly executed ala "Game of Thrones Red Wedding"

    Party hopping is an skill you will learn at either PAX. Here is your first lesson and hint. Look for the person in the crowd who seems the least worried about not being able to get in. Watch them as they get in. Then you will expand your knowledge greatly :)

    Right now I am ticketed, rsvp, or otherwise going to attend 3 Parties Thursday, and 4 on Friday, 3 on Saturday. The Saturday number will probably climb to 5. I don't do Sunday parties....damn boss makes me show up sober on Monday.

    I kind of wish that the parties were spaced out a bit more timewise, it seems this year a lot are at the same time

    f7v9h.jpg
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Normally I would say they are, but a lot of parties plan to avoid the CURSE party, I don't think I have ever seen so many Friday night parties pre announce, and then BAM Curse goes bye bye and there is a big hole that its to late to fill.

    Most of the Parties are close enough to others that its not a big deal to switch, so Saturday will turn out to be a lot of parties that hoppers wont be at for more then 30 minutes, so the stand by will not be to long I would bet.

    Rule # whatever the heck it is about Party Hopping - "If you are asking yourself when should I leave, the answer is NOW." The reasoning is if you are not engaged enough in the party you are at to ask yourself that question, you are better off looking for another.



  • zombiunicornzombiunicorn Registered User new member
    Kuma wrote: »
    EscoBlades wrote: »
    Kuma wrote: »
    ive never been to a Twitch party, testimonials?

    Usually one of the good ones on any list. They had good parties at both E3 and PAX last year.
    Hmmmm sounds good, now I just need to get tickets. I need to find out how. To the INTERNET!


    Twitch is always one of the best parties, but I have bad news for many (unless you've already received your eventbrite invitation). A Twitch staff member just told me the party is invite only and it will not be open for general admission. Also, the invite list is already closed.

  • thornxblthornxbl Registered User regular
    Last year's Twitch party was kind of a bust. The place wasn't exclusively rented out for the party, so the venue's dress code was in effect. We left shortly after we heard that Cliffy B's wife was turned away due to her footwear, causing Cliffy to also skip out. =S

  • LadyLoveMonsterLadyLoveMonster Registered User regular
    thornxbl wrote: »
    Last year's Twitch party was kind of a bust. The place wasn't exclusively rented out for the party, so the venue's dress code was in effect. We left shortly after we heard that Cliffy B's wife was turned away due to her footwear, causing Cliffy to also skip out. =S

    Freakin Royale Nightclub. I was wondering why it was empty while I was in there, but I remember they pulled that the year before with the Digital Noob party. This worries me for the Bethesda party. Be prepared, I guess.

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    well that sucks that twitch is vip only

  • upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Normally I would say they are, but a lot of parties plan to avoid the CURSE party, I don't think I have ever seen so many Friday night parties pre announce, and then BAM Curse goes bye bye and there is a big hole that its to late to fill.

    Most of the Parties are close enough to others that its not a big deal to switch, so Saturday will turn out to be a lot of parties that hoppers wont be at for more then 30 minutes, so the stand by will not be to long I would bet.

    Rule # whatever the heck it is about Party Hopping - "If you are asking yourself when should I leave, the answer is NOW." The reasoning is if you are not engaged enough in the party you are at to ask yourself that question, you are better off looking for another.

    This is my first PAX but definitely not first bar hop, but I am sure going to have my work cut out for me being a noob at where anything is in Boston lol. I think we're both going to the ppd on thurs, say hello! I will be the one with a baby (don't worry, baby isnt going party hopping lol).

  • rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    would you expect that i should be able to get into the sanshee party without much standing in line or should I pay the extra 20.00 and get the line jumper pass that way I can just get right in. Anyone know if a drink ticket comes with the 30.00 pass it does not say. I plan to head over to the party around 10-1030 pm to give people a idea of what time I am thinking

  • SansheeSanshee Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Oh hey, I figured I'd drop the themed drink menu here.

    We do it in the name of fun..and because puns.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/q5/wqwqwgu9sjx9.png
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/3d/9a2i6lri27s6.png

    Also
    rascrush wrote: »
    would you expect that i should be able to get into the sanshee party without much standing in line or should I pay the extra 20.00 and get the line jumper pass that way I can just get right in. Anyone know if a drink ticket comes with the 30.00 pass it does not say. I plan to head over to the party around 10-1030 pm to give people a idea of what time I am thinking

    To be honest, I'd figure 90% of the time you should be fine with a regular ticket, and 10-10:30 should be after the initial rush (Earlier was when we had crowding and lines last year) but it seems like there may be a big crowd this year, so I don't really know anymore.

    zerzhul on
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    would you expect that i should be able to get into the sanshee party without much standing in line or should I pay the extra 20.00 and get the line jumper pass that way I can just get right in. Anyone know if a drink ticket comes with the 30.00 pass it does not say. I plan to head over to the party around 10-1030 pm to give people a idea of what time I am thinking

    If you got it, flaunt it :) If the price difference is cutting into your budget enough that you care, don't buy it. Not sure about drinks included, but depending on line money can be worth it. But if you can only afford a coke after the 30.00, what's the point?



  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    This is my first PAX but definitely not first bar hop, but I am sure going to have my work cut out for me being a noob at where anything is in Boston lol. I think we're both going to the ppd on thurs, say hello! I will be the one with a baby (don't worry, baby isnt going party hopping lol).

    Well your starting off right, PPD is a nice way to ease into things. I will be there with my wife and wearing my forumer badge with Dolarrah on it. Boston can be a maze when it comes to the parties, but cabs are your friends (If it costs you more then 10.00 including tip to get any of these three areas to the other, your probably going to have another baby in 9 month because you just got.... you get the point). There are three areas to familiarize yourself with. Seaport (Pax is there) Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall (PPD and some Parties there) and the Theater District (Some Parties Here). Most of Boston is more pedestrian friendly then cab or public transportation friendly to get from those areas to another. Seaport is a little of the beaten path so getting from there to anywhere via public transport involves a change or two on Public transport. Begin or end your trek in the Seaport area, don't make it the middle of your hopping as you will waste time getting to and from the other two areas. Other then that you will be fine unless you have a party at Jillian's which is way over in Fenway and not convenient at all.

    Think of it as points on a Triangle. These walking speed are for a normal casual pace. If your a fast walker you can shave 5 minutes off the times

    Seaport to Quincy Market (20-25 min walk)
    Seaport to Theater District (25-30 min walk)
    Quincy Market to Theater District (20-25 min walk)

    My only concern would be Theater District to Seaport not the safest walk in Boston at late night. Though not as bas as it use to be by any stretch of the imagination, the neighborhood in between Theater District and South Station was affectionately referred to as the world famous "COMBAT ZONE"

    Dolarrah on


  • RiverglowRiverglow Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    thornxbl wrote: »
    Last year's Twitch party was kind of a bust. The place wasn't exclusively rented out for the party, so the venue's dress code was in effect. We left shortly after we heard that Cliffy B's wife was turned away due to her footwear, causing Cliffy to also skip out. =S

    Is there any way to tell ahead of time if dress codes are going to be in effect at some of these parties? I've never been to a club and I'll do my best to dress up, but can easily see myself making a dumb mistake like the wrong type of shoes.... I'm mostly worried about that one at The Estate since they seem pretty strict about the "type" of people they will admit.

    Riverglow on
  • upstateny-danupstateny-dan Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »

    Well your starting off right, PPD is a nice way to ease into things. I will be there with my wife and wearing my forumer badge with Dolarrah on it. Boston can be a maze when it comes to the parties, but cabs are your friends (If it costs you more then 10.00 including tip to get any of these three areas to the other, your probably going to have another baby in 9 month because you just got.... you get the point). There are three areas to familiarize yourself with. Seaport (Pax is there) Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall (PPD and some Parties there) and the Theater District (Some Parties Here). Most of Boston is more pedestrian friendly then cab or public transportation friendly to get from those areas to another. Seaport is a little of the beaten path so getting from there to anywhere via public transport involves a change or two on Public transport. Begin or end your trek in the Seaport area, don't make it the middle of your hopping as you will waste time getting to and from the other two areas. Other then that you will be fine unless you have a party at Jillian's which is way over in Fenway and not convenient at all.

    Think of it as points on a Triangle. These walking speed are for a normal casual pace. If your a fast walker you can shave 5 minutes off the times

    Seaport to Quincy Market (20-25 min walk)
    Seaport to Theater District (25-30 min walk)
    Quincy Market to Theater District (20-25 min walk)

    My only concern would be Theater District to Seaport not the safest walk in Boston at late night. Though not as bas as it use to be by any stretch of the imagination, the neighborhood in between Theater District and South Station was affectionately referred to as the world famous "COMBAT ZONE"

    Thanks for the tips! Checking out google I am in a prime spot for most parties being at the Omni, only one thats a little ways off is Indies Need Booze at the Asgard but even that isnt too bad. Rest is either within a 10/15 min walk or by BCEC I think.

    I think I will use uber for a longer leg if I feel lazy, they have a $20 credit promo for new users now!

    I just hope I can get into Infinite Crisis to top off my saturday lol.

  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Not sure if anyone noticed/posted this but:

    2K is having a Community Party.

    "Last but not least – we’re holding a Community Party on Saturday night, and you’re invited to mix and mingle with developers from Firaxis and Gearbox! Or at least, you will be invited if you get yourself to the 2K Booth and get an invite. Those invites are strictly limited – first come, first served - and please, you must be 21 and over to attend."

    I guess additional details are given out when you go get an invite.

  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Not sure if anyone noticed/posted this but:

    2K is having a Community Party.

    "Last but not least – we’re holding a Community Party on Saturday night, and you’re invited to mix and mingle with developers from Firaxis and Gearbox! Or at least, you will be invited if you get yourself to the 2K Booth and get an invite. Those invites are strictly limited – first come, first served - and please, you must be 21 and over to attend."

    I guess additional details are given out when you go get an invite.

    Those are gonna go fast.

  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    hanks for the tips! Checking out google I am in a prime spot for most parties being at the Omni, only one thats a little ways off is Indies Need Booze at the Asgard but even that isnt too bad. Rest is either within a 10/15 min walk or by BCEC I think.

    I think I will use uber for a longer leg if I feel lazy, they have a $20 credit promo for new users now!

    I just hope I can get into Infinite Crisis to top off my saturday lol.

    OMNI is great location, DAMN YOU, they are the original inventor of Boston Cream Pie, and still make the best... but more importantly almost the halfway point between where most parties will take place that are not in seaport.

    I will be at Indies Party as well, don't take a cab, Depending on where you at, (probably Theater District on Saturday) Walk to Park Street Station which is close (5-10 min walk)take the Red Line to Central Square, Cambridge and you will be fine. On the way back, just do same thing, your hotel is maybe 4 blocks from Park Street Station.



    upstateny-dan
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    hanks for the tips! Checking out google I am in a prime spot for most parties being at the Omni, only one thats a little ways off is Indies Need Booze at the Asgard but even that isnt too bad. Rest is either within a 10/15 min walk or by BCEC I think.

    I think I will use uber for a longer leg if I feel lazy, they have a $20 credit promo for new users now!

    I just hope I can get into Infinite Crisis to top off my saturday lol.

    OMNI is great location, DAMN YOU, they are the original inventor of Boston Cream Pie, and still make the best... but more importantly almost the halfway point between where most parties will take place that are not in seaport.

    I will be at Indies Party as well, don't take a cab, Depending on where you at, (probably Theater District on Saturday) Walk to Park Street Station which is close (5-10 min walk)take the Red Line to Central Square, Cambridge and you will be fine. On the way back, just do same thing, your hotel is maybe 4 blocks from Park Street Station.

    Can you elaborate on this boston cream pie talk? OMNI makes them? Do they have a store?

Sign In or Register to comment.