As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon] ORAS doesn't stand for Oranges

1939495969799»

• Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

How would that even work?

Like, a simplified GUI for making (essentially) romhacks?

That'd be pretty sick, but it has the same problem Mario Maker has: If I want to make a custom Pokemon or Mario game, I'd rather just make a romhack. For people who don't know how and don't want to learn, though, that'd be really cool!

Pokémon X | 3DS Friend Code: 0490-4897-7688
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Machoke, Pancham, Riolu | In game name: Jessica
    Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Battle Factory. Just Battle Factory.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

How would that even work?

Like, a simplified GUI for making (essentially) romhacks?

That'd be pretty sick, but it has the same problem Mario Maker has: If I want to make a custom Pokemon or Mario game, I'd rather just make a romhack. For people who don't know how and don't want to learn, though, that'd be really cool!

Thats everybody. Literally everyone who is not already into romhacks could not care less about them.

Not that I think gamefreak would allow a game like that . Im thinking warioware with more pikachu

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Hm, seems like it might not be video game related at all as the trademark is apparently classified as a "toy".

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Ok. So I have a 5 IV Eevee who will be an Umbreon. I love the toxic, protect, wish with leftovers play. I know it pisses people off but I've been able to beat people rolling with legendaries after they kill my Chesnaught and CharizardY.

My question is, what's my fourth move? I used to run Payback. Is double-edge a good option? With this kind of recovery i figured the damage could be mitigated. Umbreon is usually out-sped so payback does the double damage but even as a STAB it's not overly impressive.

Payback is what I run, but Foul Play and Heal Bell also work.

Foul Play is better to take take out those legendaries you want to beat, as it works off their stats, not yours.

Heal Bell is if you want to cover the cleric side of things more than just with Wish.

Edit: well dammit. Now I want to breed a new Umbreon build.

I just realized tha both of those moves are B2W2 move tutor only moves.

Sorry for the bad advice.

That's alright. I knew that. I just thought it was possible if they were traded up from that gen to the current.

What happens if you have a moveset on a pokemon that doesn't exist in gen VI and you bring it in from the bank?

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hm, seems like it might not be video game related at all as the trademark is apparently classified as a "toy".

The inevitable skylanders-style pokemon figures perhaps?

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    How do I mine for eevee evolutions and which one is better?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    undergroundmonorailundergroundmonorail single-track subway Registered User regular
    Glaceon is the best eeveelution always and forever.

Official Weather Gym Leader of the G+T Pokémon League. @me to try for the Climate Badge!
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Glaceon is the best eeveelution always and forever.

God I wish. Glaceon and Leafeon are so underwhelming compared to the rest. But Glaceon is the best aesthetically.

I'm fairly sure all the others have uses across the board - Flareon and Jolteon for smashing things. Vaporeon and Umbreon for bulk and support. Espeon for screens and magic bounce. Sylveon is a reasonably durable attacker (and there aren't that many options for Fairy).

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I love Glaceon so much. Say hello to Wallace~

Glaceon is the best eeveelution, which is actually pretty redundant because it's already the best pokemon. I just wish it was good competitively.

(Though, if you're mad enough to try a mono-ice team, it's actually one of the better pokemon you can have in my experience. Massive SpA is nice to have. Mono-ice is already really hard, though.)

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Ok. So I have a 5 IV Eevee who will be an Umbreon. I love the toxic, protect, wish with leftovers play. I know it pisses people off but I've been able to beat people rolling with legendaries after they kill my Chesnaught and CharizardY.

My question is, what's my fourth move? I used to run Payback. Is double-edge a good option? With this kind of recovery i figured the damage could be mitigated. Umbreon is usually out-sped so payback does the double damage but even as a STAB it's not overly impressive.

Payback is what I run, but Foul Play and Heal Bell also work.

Foul Play is better to take take out those legendaries you want to beat, as it works off their stats, not yours.

Heal Bell is if you want to cover the cleric side of things more than just with Wish.

Edit: well dammit. Now I want to breed a new Umbreon build.

I just realized tha both of those moves are B2W2 move tutor only moves.

Sorry for the bad advice.

That's alright. I knew that. I just thought it was possible if they were traded up from that gen to the current.

What happens if you have a moveset on a pokemon that doesn't exist in gen VI and you bring it in from the bank?

You end up with a Pokemon that has moves that it wouldn't be able to learn in Gen VI. Only restrictions there has ever been on transfering between gens move wise is HM moves have to be removed. I think that might have stopped too at this point but I can't be certain off hand.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    One actual question: How do I get the fairy move on the eevee so I can turn her into Sylveon?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Eevee learns Baby-Doll Eyes at level 9 and Charm at level 29, both of which are fairy type.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Yeah, looks like you're right.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/amiami/toy-000451/

Dammit

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ok so to make sure I'm understanding the Stats Judge correctly if he says
    This pokemon has relatively superior stats over all
    Greatest potential lies in its attack stat
    Hmm and its defense state is good, too
    and well its Speed state is good too

Stats like those, the simply can't be beat

That means perfect IVs in attack, defense, and speed right?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Yes, stats that simply can't be beat are 31. If the stat judge comments on a stat being absolutely abhorrently low, it is a zero (useful for Trick Room or 0 Atk variants).

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I have a Ditto with this:

Adamant Destiny Knot
    31/31/31/x/31/31

and a Ghastly with:

Timid Everstone
    31/31/x/31/31/31

Trying to get:

Ghastly Timid
    31/x/31/31/31/31

Getting nowhere, am I doing something wrong or just being unlucky?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Your odds of success should be around 1/24 with those parents. If you've hatched a ton more than that it's just bad luck.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Well ended up getting a 6 IV ghastly so yeah. I have a lot of 5 iv ghastlys with perfect spatk and speed if anyone wants.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    In related news chain breeding egg moves onto a pokemon is a pain in the ass.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So I just got Pokemon Y about a week ago. Love the Gen 1 Pokemon being everywhere. :D Seriously, I got excited just seeing a god damn Pidgey. Hate the French theme and the camera (seriously, fuck you Lumiose City), but whatever :P

Also, Wonder Trade may be the most broken thing ever. "Hey, here is a random Oddish I just caught two seconds ago and I see a million of... Oh, a Bulbasaur? Why thank you!" I also got a Japanese Froakie, which was the starter I picked (cuz Greninja :P), so blah, but maybe I can breed it or something. Who knows. It opened up a "Japanese" version of my Pokedex which was weird tho (he is the only thing in it).

Edit: Also, this game has the worst menu system ever. I had to Google just to figure out how to view my street passes -_-
    Edit 2: Also not being able to post pictures to miiverse is super weird. Are they worried people will post bad words? I did get a Honedge named "TURD!!!!!!!" through wonder trade, but then immediately traded him for something good (forget what, something I didn't have :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Anyone have a spare magic gaurd abra sitting around?

Yeah Lumiose is pretty awful. I use the cabs a lot.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

It's great for hatching eggs though around Prism Tower.

Le Wow is useful

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Damn, I totally forgot you need to trade Kadabra to evolve him. Bah.

Also, I totally just spent $5 for a Celebi :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

I got ya covered. Also is Modest and has some egg moves.

Sagroth on
    3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    I'm online now

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

I did it to get Acid Armor on a Goodra, and it isn't that bad..It just takes time.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wonder Trade continues to be ridiculous. I guess I am getting people's attempts at breeding Shinies or something. I must have 6 Bulbasaurs now :P

Also someone gave me a Graveler who immediately evolved into Golem. That was pretty cool. And I somehow got both Kabuto and Kabutops (too bad it wasn't the fossil Pokemon from X! :P)

Warlock82 on
  • Options

I did it to get Acid Armor on a Goodra, and it isn't that bad..It just takes time.

One move isn't bad, but I had to move two moves onto a machop who learns a lot of moves quickly at low levels. My best option ended up being to take high IV machops and raise them to lvl 19 where they hit a spot where they'll only learn two moves before lvl 31.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I seem to be getting better at battling...Does anyone wanna battle me when I get back home?

What moves were you trying to chain breed onto a Machop?

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I can go for a battle.

• Options
    I seem to be getting better at battling...Does anyone wanna battle me when I get back home?

Bullet Punch and Knock Off.

@Sagroth you mentioned an Abra?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SagrothSagroth Registered User regular

Bullet Punch and Knock Off.

@Sagroth you mentioned an Abra?

Sorry man, was out town for a few days. Still got it if you want!

3DS Code: 5155-3087-0800
  • Options
    Catastrophe_XXVICatastrophe_XXVI Registered User regular
    Is there any interest in using the Penny Arcade Ventrilo to hang out, discuss strategies and battle on? I had a good time battling someone over vent that that I happen to play other games with. It's fun to talk crap a little and goof around on. Might be a cool way to expand the community. It'd also make trades and breed a hell of a lot easier.

PSN ID: Catastrophe_xxvi
    3DS FC: 5086-1134-6451
    Shiny Code: 3837
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    I don't use Ventrilo, but Skype to hang out with my Venezuelan friends. I'd be up for the same on an English-speaking community, as it would probably help me improve my spoken English.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    nvm

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg