As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Monday, December 23, 2013 - We’re Right, 2013

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited December 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It's cool to see that the automation on these continued when we couldn't get to them. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    So I haven't played a single one of these games...

I feel like I'm missing out. But nearly every time I try a game everyone's gushing about, I end up wildly disappointed. Though maybe the recent Tomb Raider was an exception to that, so it's probably a mental trick.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I've only played Luigi's Mansion and Mario 3D World, but that's because I don't own any of the platforms the other games appeared on.

(Except for Rayman...but I'm waiting for that one to flop face-first into the bargain bin.)

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • toddiuszhotoddiuszho Registered User regular
    #1 needs a footnote: yet still not good enough to make you buy a PS3.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    What's the number 1 way of robbing a discotheque with your friends?

Oh brilliant
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular

Actually robbing a discotheque with your friends!

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Batman wrote:
    The Riddler is going to rob the Gotham Library. The word discotheque is a modern version of a French word meaning place of knowledge. And "1" in the Dewey Decimal system is the Knowledge category.

The Gotham Library recently received the original Lettres provinciales, written by Blaise Pascal. And who do you write letters to but your friends!

MichaelLC on
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    toddiuszho wrote: »
    #1 needs a footnote: yet still not good enough to make you buy a PS3.

I feel like this joke missed the mark by 6 years...

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    If you didn't buy a PS3 for Demon's Souls...

Of course, that would be absurd and financially irresponsible; I bought ours for DS AND a Bluray / Netflix box!

• Patmcc19Patmcc19 Registered User new member
    Wheres is the podcast mentioned in Friday's news post?

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Batman wrote:
    The Riddler is going to rob the Gotham Library. The word discotheque is a modern version of a French word meaning place of knowledge. And "1" in the Dewey Decimal system is the Knowledge category.

The Gotham Library recently received the original Lettres provinciales, written by Blaise Pascal. And who do you write letters to but your friends!

I assumed the comic was talking about Payday 2, where one of the heists is to rob a night club.

• GokaiRedGokaiRed Registered User new member
    I think these awards needed to be expanded. There were just so many awesome and distinct games this year. For example...

Best party where EVERYONE had to be there: Project X Zone
    Best game to find a hook up: Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Best game that killed the dinosaurs: Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate
    Game with the most fabulous fashion sense: Dynasty Warriors 8
    Best game that celebrates christmas: Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus
    Best Do-Over: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (for Xbox 360 and PS3)
    Game with the least respect for women: Dragons Crown
    TIE! Best Watermelons/Most insane boss experience ever: Metal Gear Rising: Revengence
    Game most likely to get you to sing; GO GO POWER RANGERS!: Wonderful 101
    Best game that Macguyver would endorse: Atelier Meru Plus

I could go on, I actually have a huge backlog of games to play on various systems. So much so I've promised myself no more buying anything until at least halfway next year. Most of them released this year.

• DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    Couldn't agree more for the top spot. I have difficulty buying Brothers since I already had the ending spoiled for me...though, I think it's one of next month's Playstation Plus games, so I'll give it a go soon anyhow.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Karl wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Batman wrote:

I assumed the comic was talking about Payday 2, where one of the heists is to rob a night club.

It is, it just the way Dark Raven X phrased it sounded like something the Riddler would say.

MichaelLC on